Meet your Maker! Muahah-cough-
[html]
He had the older male gently by the hand, leading him carefully through the forest. Jasper knew, no matter how nervous Laurent might be, that he would follow him wherever he went. He hoped so, anyways, and it made him feel good inside thinking that. All the while that they moved Jasper turned to look back at the older male, smiling before turning ahead once more to continue on their journey. "We've been staying here since the fire, kinda camping out I guess.." Or, at least, they had been. Jasper had spent the past week or so staying at the dorm with Laurent, but he knew that his father would still be there, he always was.

As they neared the normal place that he and his father stayed, weaving in and out of the trees, Jasper slowed some. Finally, when he knew that the camp was just ahead, he stopped and turned to Laurent. "He's kinda scary.." The younger male admitted in a quiet tone, bi-colored eyes moving suspiciously from right to left. "And he's got a crossbow..but don't worry.." And even he didn't have faith in his own 'don't worry' phrase.

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

As soon as Jasper made it known that he wanted Laurent to meet Ahren, the boy had started quaking. A diplomat by breeding, Laurent Nakado was made to be elegant with a hint of obvious power. However, the words 'Dad' and 'crossbow' just sent his knees quivering, and not in any sort of a good way. Reluctantly, he allowed Jasper to drag him off towards this unknown male, all the while being unusually quiet and reserved. When they finally arrived there, Laurent sighed softly, pushing his dark brown hair out of his eyes. "Just promise me, that if I end up dying, you'll at least find someone better than me as a replacement.." He murmured, attempting humor.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]
At Laurent's words Jasper forced a quiet sort of laughter, nudging the older male in the chest with his muzzle once before turning back to lead him further. As soon as he turned though, Jasper's eyes went wide with dread, suddenly not quite sure himself about what his father might do. "He's got a creepy eye too." He blurted out suddenly, trying to get his mind away from how his father might react about Laurent, which happened to work. Even at just the mention of the eye shudders were sent down his spine. "It's white and yucky, he can't see out of it..." He explained further, cutting his words short as he slowed to a stop. Finally, after a moment of fear and hesitant consideration, the younger male called out. "Dad?"

[/html]
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ For the past several hours, Ahren had been busying himself with the leatherworking. He was in the process of making a smaller bag for himself, and had just cut the leather into its appropriate sizes. A cigarette was in his mouth, being smoked now and again as he strung the waxed thread and began stitching. It was at that point Jasper’s voice came from nearby, causing him to look up. A chunk of hair tumbled into his face, over his left eye, but he barely noticed. Taking the cigarette in his left hand, he called out. “Yeah?”

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]
[html]
Suddenly aware of his lack of sense of smell made it increasingly hard for the young de le Poer to find people he was looking for, his father included. When sound that he had been waiting for hit the air, Jasper turned suddenly, tugging the older male along behind him as he made his way farther off to the right. It was only a few moments of walking and Jasper could see his father there, messing with something that was most certainly one of his many crafts. At the sight of him, Jasper felt suddenly nervous, tense, and considered for a moment releasing Laurent's hand. Instead, Jasper positioned himself slightly in front of the older male, hiding his arm, and essentially their clasped hands, behind him. "I brought someone.." His voice was quiet, deathly frightened, and he stared at his father with unease. "This is Laurent.."

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He silently followed, attempting to make some sort of sense of the turmoil in his heart. He was probably a good foot taller than the other male, if Jasper was any indication, and if the past repeated itself. Damian, Ahren's father, had dealt with Mercido, Laurent's brother, oh so long ago. Laurent knew nothing of this though, and had no reference for the sight about to behold him. The male was working leather, a trait common to Laurent's birth tribe. Laurent gazed at the male almost blankly for a second or two until his head kicked back in and gave Jasper's hand a squeeze before he slowly pulled away, intent on at least meeting him like a man, and not a scared puppy.

He extended his hand, hoping the male wouldn't mind stopping his project to shake it. "Laurent Nakado, Sir." He gave his full name, not knowing if it made any difference, but at least it made him feel better.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

_____ The formality of the situation was peculiar to Ahren, who had seen it only as an alpha (however rarely) and in Europe. He put the bag down and stood, casting his son a curious glance before turning his attention to the much larger and darkly-hued stranger. “Ahren de le Poer,” he offered, taking the hand in a firm grip and giving it a good shake. He released quickly, took a drag on the cigarette, and looked back to Jasper. Something was afoot—that much he knew.

[/html]
[html]
The scene played out in his head just a soon as Laurent released him and went to step forward. Jasper would grab him, fling him back, and scream at him to flee for his life. Instead, though, the young male was only able to watch, eyes wide and heart pounding loudly in his chest. The moment his father stood Jasper tensed, feeling as if he might faint right then and there. It seemed fine though, they exchanged names, shook hands, but then the attention was on him. "Laurent is my bo-" Teeth grabbed at his lips suddenly, refusing to speak the word that he had intended to say. "Laurent is my friend!" He blurted out, much louder than he had intended and also with less information.

[/html]
[html]

Had he known no better, the second that Jasper changed course and blurted out 'my friend' Laurent would have felt shamed and unwanted. However, he found damned near everything Jasper did adorable, and so all he could muster was a grin as he gazed at the smaller male. Turning his eyes back to Ahren, he gave a far more serious statement, but it was said with honesty and passion. "I think what he wants you to know is that I love your son."And now, he waited for what was probably a soon-to-come death.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

_____ Jasper spoke, and he caught the slip-up, but did not have the time to register it fully. Then Laurent turned to him, and something in his eyes told Ahren everything he needed to know before those words came to his ears. Ahren, for a long time, remained quiet. Then he shut his eyes, took a drag on the cigarette, and exhaled heavily. Of course, it should come to this. “Do you love him, Jasper?”

[/html]
[html]
Jasper felt bad suddenly, horrible for not saying the words that he so badly wanted to say. Laurent was not just his friend, Laurent was everything. Both fortunately, and rather unfortunately, Jasper wouldn't have to say it. As soon as the words came out into the open all the breath inside of his was suddenly gone, throat blocked from inhaling. Someone would die, surely, and Jasper was quite convinced it would be both he and Laurent. For the longest time he held his breath, feeling dizzy in the silence, until the moment that Ahren spoke. "Uh-huh!" He squeaked, sucking in air afterward.

[/html]
[html]

Jasper was doing everything Laurent wanted to do. Laurent was definitely afraid of Ahren, because if Ahren didn't approve, there was probably no way that he could continue to see Jasper. His eyes softened slightly from the fear-induced dilation as he watched Jasper, concerned for the smaller boy. Was it okay if he went to comfort him? Should he remain planted in his spot, and wait for Ahren to do something? Finally Laurent could bare it no more and returned to Jasper's side, his fingers gently brushing against Jaspers creamy fur. "We just thought it was important that I met you.....and I guess....saw what you thought?" His eyes attempted to meet Jasper's, seeing if this was the best way to put things, or if he was completely off his rocker. Either way, it was completely likely that he was.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

_____ Ahren’s eyes opened, dark with a second shadow, but there was no malice. Had his son answered anything less, he would have turned on the chocolate male without a thought. The battle he was living was constant, and he had no alternatives—he had to protect Jasper now, before anything else happened. Gabriel was a warrior, and able to protect his clan and himself. Jasper was not. It did give him a small amount of pleasure to see how protective of the boy Laurent was, and he managed a half-smile. “I have no quarrel with it,” he said, flicking ash from the cigarette. “As long as you both stand on equal ground.” There was a soft, unspoken warning about the others, but Ahren made no open signs of such. “You should have warned me, kid,” he said, giving his son a glance. “We could have at least made dinner plans.”

[/html]
[html]
The silence was frightening, possibly more frightening than the way that his father always seemed to look, which was quite scary in itself. Jasper waited and worried, at least until the moment that Laurent's hand brushed his fur and, for only a brief moment, the touch caused a smile, which was directed at the larger male. His father spoke then, eyes racing over to meet his face and ears bouncing up to take in the words, which were surprising words. He spoke again and Jasper could only nod, quite fervently, at that. He glanced to Laurent then, a nervous smile, until his father spoke again. Huffing suddenly, followed by a sharp whine, his whole attitude seemed to change in a flash. "Stew!" Because, after all, it was his favorite.

[/html]
[html]

As soon as Jasper relaxed, Laurent felt safe enough to do the same. Smiling at the boy, he turned his gaze towards Ahren, prepared to take orders for this meal. "Is there anything we need to get for it?" He asked gently, completely unsure of what stew was. But, as eager as Jasper was for it, Laurent wasn't about to say a simple steak would be fine.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

_____ The demeanor of his son caused Ahren to smile again, amused in spite of himself. At the older boy’s question, he spared him a glance. “Jasper should remember. We’ll also need meat, but I think I can handle that.” He moved away at that point, grabbing the nearby crossbow. This he checked with the patience of an experienced bowman. As he pulled the leather contraption that carried this and the quiver, he wondered vaguely if he would have reacted this way before the night with Laruku.

[/html]
[html]
Jasper was already eying their collection of pots and ingredients, even before the decision of stew was made. At the words from Laurent and then his father, Jasper nodded his head eagerly, turning to his friend after a moment of consideration. "I neeeeed.." He paused a moment, lifting both hands out in front of him so he could count on his fingers. "Three pots of water!" Looking quite gleeful at that moment. The stream was near, only a few paces away from their camp, so Jasper assumed that Laurent would oblige. Turning away almost immediately, he rushed off to their stock pile of items, leaning down to begin gathering the various ingredients in a large pot.

[/html]
[html]

He didn't need to be told twice where things were. He had heard the water, and as Jasper set out to gather supplies Laurent was content to collect the water for his boy. Grinning sheepishly as he retrieved the supplies, his adoring eyes turned to Jasper's face - "And what now?" Curiously, he watched, hoping to gleam some information out of the moment, because the way things were going right now, he was clueless, and he hated it.
table by Akumu
[/html]