Families are like fudge - sweet with a few nuts.
[html]

OOC Liliya in Optime :: Random day time hour :: Borgata Xicohtli near the Pictou River.

Word Count → 500+

The recent run in with Anann Kelevra had the Russo woman thinking about her family again. Not that she had ever forgotten them… it’s just that her focus had changed since she first came to Salsoa. Her first weeks here were spent sulking and moping around, mourning the enforced membership into the pack. She had to stay for her mother, Verusha, who had been daft enough to be trapped by Eris as a slave… not that it was all that traumatic. Eris had actually treated Verusha quite kindly, and the woman was so dim that she didn’t realize what was happening to her. Liliya stayed with Salsoa at first so she could stay with her mother, protect her, and maybe… get her out. But as time had gone by it became more and more apparent that that would never happen. Strangely enough, though, Liliya hadn’t grown a resentment for the pack. Instead she began to view the pack as her new goal, taking on their Family structure as a surrogate for her own. Now she desired to be a part of the Salsoan Family, to be known and recognized among her pack. To no longer be the low one on the totem pole, and she worked towards that daily with the dock and ferry project. Still… the Russo would never forget… “My family…”

She sat next to the banks of the Pictou River, near the place she had crossed with Eris. It had been a long time since she could travel past the River and out into the open terrain. The woman hadn’t yet earned trust within the pack, and could not leave. If she did before becoming part of the Family it would be seen as treason. Liliya didn’t care before, but now…? Now things were different.

She would never betray the Russos like that, and she would never betray Salsoa like that. It was like she was a woman torn in two, now desiring the love and company of both families. But here, among Salsoa, she couldn’t seek out her Russo heritage. There was one man, Janos, who was blood, but they did not know each other well. Of course she also had her mother but she was little comfort; it hurt the woman to watch her mother serve the pack and not even understand that she was a slave. Out there, beyond those borders, there were more. More Russos, others of the Agata line… What if… What if she went and got them all? Brought them all here so they could live in Salsoa as family, with family?

She had developed some kind of strange case of Stockholm syndrome… yet she wasn’t a captive. She had entered the pack willingly. Now she knew that if she hadn’t she could have been captured or killed, but still at the time she didn’t know that she didn’t have a choice, and she had made the decision all on her own. Now she found herself wholly loyal to Salsoa.

Her eyes flicked to peer at the rushing waters, the strange backward tide of the Pictou. She still didn’t understand it completely and atoned that the river worked by some kind of divine magic. The days had become shorter and colder, and the water with it. She would have liked to wade out into the river but she got a chill just thinking about it, so instead she amused herself by dipping her fingertips into the frothy current.

How glorious it would be… if all the Russos were here…

Image from Englaender. Table code by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliyacait .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.liliyacait p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliyacait b {color:#96e398; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliyacait {background-color:#44554a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2q2gtgh.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a6c6b1; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:440px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 325px 0px;}
.liliyacait .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.liliyacait .wordcount {color:#d6efdf; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #86968b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Mars Bartholomew Russo

ooc text: sorry for the wait on this. Hey look, you get to have the first dialogue between Hurricane and Mars. I also assume they would have met briefly before when she was NPCed on Rurik's account in CdM :] +5

What had led him to run away for so long? This day, his logical mind had thought about harming his children. He was still him, and he thought about these things, so he had grabbed a blood-soaked bat without even knowing it, and he took Vox, and rode until he could almost ride no more. He said nothing about where he was going, even though Amon had asked him three times before the male left the house. There was no way that he even knew where he was going, but he definitely was not going to tell the boy where he was going to go. The simple truth was that he did not know where he was going. Just away from here. Maybe to straighten his mind out. He didn't know what was going to become of him.

I thought you were going to kill that child. spoke a voice he had never heard before. Mars pulled his steed to a stop, and he looked around. He did not see the other male, not yet. Who the fuck are you? Why are you telling me to kill my son? snarled the dominant personality. Mars was not in the mood to take shit from someone he did not know. The voice was much different than Mars', or Bartholomew's, much deeper and coarser. He already didn't like this voice, or the aura that seemed to come off of it. Mars growled, while Hurricane laughed. Hurricane didn't seem to really understand why he was even in the presence of this male, talking to him, or whatever he was doing. It took Hurricane some time to actually put himself together and materialize in front of the steed and his rider. Contrary, I think you know exactly whom I am. the pitch black male spoke to the calico one. I've never seen you before, nor heard your voice.... spoke Mars, a snarl still on his face. Vox flicked his tail and nickered lightly. He was used to Mars having conversations with himself, but this one, this one was very different. Vox had never heard Mars use the second voice he had been using.

But those children, they are not yours. Nor are they that slick tongued male's. You know who I am. Hurricane spoke, laughing hysterically, and manically at the statement. But they are my children! YOU cannot tell me ANY different! spoke mars before he jabbed his heels into Vox's side, which made the horse rear up and then bolt towards where Hurricane was standing, which had made him disappear. Mars closed his eyes and shook his head. He denied that he just had that argument with a male he did not know. He knew that he did just have that conversation, but he still tried to deny it anyways. He snarled as Vox was galloping towards the north. For two days he ran away from this 'hurricane' of emotions. There were breaks in between the hours of running, but only for short amounts of times, because the more he thought, the more of the threat that Hurricane would return.

On the third day, sometime in the afternoon, he had come upon the borders of a pack he had never even smelt before. His ears fell back on his head, and he cocked it as Vox was led to the river. He sighed lightly as he looked at the river. What was he even doing here? Mars looked up the river and he saw someone he hadn't seen in some time. His sister. Liliya Russo. If she was here...Was their father here? Liliya? What are you doing here? called out Mars, moving his steed towards the woman who was on the other side of the river. He did not cross the river though, for he knew that it would more than likely be too cold for Vox. Not only that but then he would be trespassing on packlands. Where is this place, sister? I've never come upon such a smell before.. he asked her, not bothering to even dismount his horse.

<style>
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable b.marsy {color:#FFFFFF;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable b.bart {color:#919191;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable b.hurricane {color:#d43b3b;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable-name {font-family: 'Amatic SC', serif; color:#350200; text-shadow:#691511 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; font-size:30px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:450px;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QjN37.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#691511; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 5px 0px 225px 0px;}
.MarsSurpriseWolfTable-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]