Swords And Roses
[html]

Help?? I suck...

Aleo had no idea how to start his initiation task. He had heard that it was to hunt a ram somewhere and bring it to the pack as a feast. Now, being new to Ichika, the dark man didn't know where to go. He enjoyed seeing Shiloh and Sarian and wanted to strive to make them proud and happy. He stretched his stiff body, soon the coyote-man would look to find housing somewhere. He yawned and looked around with purple eyes. Where would he start? He wanted to prove to the people of Ichika no Ho-en that he was loyal to them all, that the man could work to protect them. He howled his presence, if anyone answered then he would ask for help. Another yawn escaped his lips, it was still early but Aleo knew he was ready to take the day on.

His sword still hung from it's sheath at his belt, the coywolf wondered if it would be needed for the hunt or if he would have to use no weapons. But, he couldn't always rely on the human technologies to help him survive, they seemed to kill themselves off. Of course he could go natural and use teeth and claws. Many had probably had to go through with this task, proving that they could both provide and protect for the pack. Being a non-loner had been strange, it wasn't something he was used to. Something pulled him to Ichika, maybe it was Shiloh. Maybe it was the peaceful people of the pack. Whatever it was, Aleo had made a wise choice in homes. Lilac orbs gazed lazily over the terrain. There would most likely be a lot of climbling of the mountains around Ichika to find that ram. Whenever, Aleo was ready. Some assistance was needed though. This would be the agenda today, finish the task and be respected by his packmates. They were all family now.

[/html]
[html]

Welcome to InH. Its about time our characters met.

Word Count → 413

Finally, some alone time. Kiara had spent the past few weeks caring for the overenthusiastic puppy named Sarian. Kiara had moved in with Shiloh almost immediately after she had found the puppy to fulfill her duty as the packs Ikusei and as Shiloh's friend. The arctic wolf had devoted all of her time and energy to the mother-daughter pair. She produced milk to feed Sarian, went out hunting to provide for herself and Shiloh, and had served as Sarain's chew toy. Now, Kiara was finally able to get some time away form the pair to simply enjoy herself.

Kiara sat lazily in the sun, basking in its glow. The air was crisp and cold, just how she liked it. The snow wolf was used to cold weather of the Canadian north, so she was glad that the hot fall weather had finally dissipated. As Kiara lay stretched out on the cool ground, a howl broke through the day. The young woman's ear flicked, listening to the unfamiliar cry for help. Kiara simply lay on the ground, ponder whether or not to respond. Eventually, the wolf's conscious got the better of her and she heaved herself off the ground with a reluctant sigh. So much for my nap.

Before setting off, Kiara lifted her white muzzle to the sky and announced her approach to the stranger. He was a little ways off, so it would take a few minutes for Kiara to arrive. As the arctic wolf padded towards the stranger in a steady trot, she wondered who it could be. Although the Ikusei was fairly new to Ichika herself, she had met many of the pack members already. After a few short minutes, the alabaster woman came across a dark colored luperci. Kiara gave a small bark to announce her presence and asked politely, "Where you the one who called for help?" The strange male smelled slightly of Ickika, telling Kiara that he was indeed a new member. Yet, another, stronger scent lay on the male. This scent Kiara knew well for she also carried the scent herself. It was Shiloh's scent, telling Kaira exactly who this stranger was. "Well, well, well. You must be the one who has been occupying Shiloh's thoughts. My name is Kiara Amarok, the Ikusei. I live with Shiloh and Sarian. What's yours?" Kiara kept her tone friendly, if not a little joking. She gave the black male a smile and kept a respectful distance between the them.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yah...I thought so too.

Aleo had to smile at the answering howl that accompanied footfalls. A snowy female came, eyes a dark blue and a friendly expression. His voice was thick with his German accent as always. "Hey. I'm Aleo." She was familiar, probably one of the females that he met when Shiloh found Sarian. She introduced herself as Kiara. He dipped his dark muzzle in greeting and chuckled at her next words. "Yes ma'am. I have been hanging around Shiloh and Sarian for the past while. I've kind of bonded." This was added with a small sheepish grin, never one to confess to much, the boy felt at ease around the ivory wolf. He tilted his head to one side, and asked. "So. I am supposed to do this initiation task. But frankly I don't know what to do." The dark coywolf was forever grateful to Shiloh, she had found him and treated his wounds. More scars were littered across his chest, crisscrossing over the old claw marks from that horrible mountain lion attack. Aleo turned his obsidian head to the direction of the mountains. "What was your initiation task like?" Aleo inquired with slight curiosity.  Mauve eyes held a small smile, clearly excited for the day.

"How long have you been in Ichika? I've not been here long." The reason for coming here was almost unknown, maybe he searched for peace. Maybe it was Shiloh who had drawn him in. "How's Sarian? Still a little rugrat?" Aleo was fond of the little one, she was fun to be around and very energetic. The man hadn't visited Shiloh and Sarian in a while, he just hoped that they were well. Shiloh had wanted him to be a father-figure for Sarian, the charcoal  brute was just afraid of messing things up, even though he loved the tiny girl and her mother.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 450

At first Kiara did not recognize the charcoal man before her. During their first meeting the alabaster wolf had not heard Aleo speak his name, nor at the time was she that concerned with him. Once it was established that Aleo had not been a threat, then she had turned her attention to Shiloh and Sarian. Kiara had never been accused of having a good memory, so the charcoal male at the boarder had all but faded from her memory.

The arctic wolf had to listen carefully to what Aleo was saying. His voice was heavy with a thick German accent, making what he said difficult to understand. Every time the male spoke, Kiara needed to take a second to process his words. Her snowy ears twitched a little out of annoyance. She was frustrated with herself for having a hard time understanding Aleo, although Kiara tried her best to hide it.

Ah, the initiation task, thought the alabaster women with a certain degree of fondness. Her own initiation task had been to collect stalagmites from a nearby cavern. She had performed the task with X'yrin ,who at the time was also another new member of Ichika. Their adventure had been exciting, although it left her nose smarting the next day. In the darkness, both X'yrin and herself had run nose first into several of the stalagmites that protruded from the ground. "So your doing your initiation task. What is required of you? I had to get a rock from a cave. It was actually a lot of fun, even if I did hurt my nose. Although, I haven't been in Ichika for a very long time, I will do my best to help you." Kiara had only joined the pack two months ago, but already she felt at home.

The white wolf was happy to see that Aleo was asking about Sarian. Shiloh had not disclosed much to her about Aleo, so she knew very little about the intricacies of their relationship. However, it was clear from the way Aleo spoke that he cared for Shiloh very much. Perhaps Aleo might one day move in with Shiloh and become a father to Sarian. Kiara turned around briefly to show the black male her ruined tail. What was once pristine fur had become tangled and spotted. There were several patches where the fur had been ripped off and the thin layer of new fur could be seen. "As much as Sarian loves her colored rope, it seems she likes my poor tail even more." The Ikusei heaved a long sigh, and turned back to Aleo. "Still, the initiation task is our focus now so let us be on our way."

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]