The Road Calls
Amy had finally decided it was time to move on from the dead city. She'd had a lot of fun there. Amy had killed, met new people, and even built a new reliance with an old family. The time spent there had been useful to the extreme, even giving her some rare new items for her shop. It had been very successful for a time of rest. Now she was returning to the road, the slave bundled up in the back and her horse all hitched up. She spent a few minutes tying down everything, making sure nothing was left behind. Her newest toy was injured. With care she checked him over, making sure all his wounds were dressed and healing properly. It would be no good if he ended up crippled or died.

Satisfied Amy stood beside the horse and gently clicked her tongue. The broken beast began the shambling walk out. For some time they walked side by side, entering into a new plain with the ocean at their side. Breathing deeply Amy smiled. She'd gone to the sea as a child, and knew all about it's unique properties. Being near it brought back some good memories, like when she'd bullied some kid that had dared to try and touch her stuff. Whistling Amy walked along, her hair occasionally falling into her face. It was a nuisance, but the dog was too proud to do anything about it. Her feet complained about the touch of snow, but Amy didn't slow. She wouldn't let any weakness get in her way, even if it was her own.
[html]

occgoodnessss

Neo moved slowly, for Io was giving him no real directional instructions and he didn't want a fierce nudge in the right direction so he figured that if he took it one step at a time he wouldn't get such a fierce reminder if her stepped out of line. It was rather cold and Neo supposed that Io would want to get out of the cold sometime and he'd get a kick to tell him to move faster in a while but after a while of waiting he got no notification. He had sensed that Io was getting stressed at home, especially with that new girl pup he'd seen wandering about so perhaps she didn't want to go home just yet. And then there had been that strange man, Revan who he remembered seeing in Inferni before. But he said nothing, because he couldn't. He was satisfied just playing taxi.

Io spotted another canine on the horizon, a golden shape, doggish. Not so dissimilar to Estrella but even so very different. A slight pang of guilt played through her heart as she thought of the pup at home and to the boys, but it was gone as Neo carried on moving.

<style type="text/css">
.Ioafreeb2a b {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ioafreeb2a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; text-align:center;}
.Ioafreeb2a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Ioafreeb2a {margin:0 auto; width:444px; background-color:#c2c2c3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8cd701; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.Ioafreeb2a-border1 {width:446px; border:1px solid #4c4c4d; margin:0 auto;}
.Ioafreeb2a-line1 {width:410px; border-bottom:1px dotted #676767; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The scent of a horse and rider grabbed Amy's attention. She looked up eagerly, believing that already another trade had found her. Instead it was just a horse plodding on, the rider looking rather distracted. Well that wasn't something she could use. Or perhaps she could. When one was worried they tended to be more gullible, grasping for straws that weren't there. Brightened by this thought Amy waved her arms, trying to catch the other's attention.

Hello! How are you? For all intents and purposes she looked sunny and cheerful, nothing like the dark master that worked in shadows. With the new toy and slave safely tucked out of sight, there was no signs of the blood and pain that Amy could draw. The dark amusement that went with it was sealed as well, put behind the mask of a friendly merchant.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: Out of character text here.

This strange female was far, far too cheery to be genuine. Io was far from stupid, she was no genius. No, far from that. But she knew, fairly reliably, what people were like by the way they acted. No one fooled her. It was a rare gift, inherited from her mother and developed so much more that her mother could ever dream of. But Io kept herself reserved, pursing her lips and replied, her voice as neutral as her posture. Even Neo seemed hesitant now. 'Hello'. She didn't reply to the cheery 'How are you?' It seemed far to lively for a strangers greeting.

While she wasn't stupid, Io kicked Neo on forward, smart enough to avoid looking suspicious herself. She could a much darker undercurrent here, something like that didn't go unnoticed by Io. Neo moved as usual, but his eyes flickered towards the stranger with paranoia in his eyes. Though granted, this was hard to spot, because he was only a horse and most believe horses could not think in that way. Io didn't know about their minds. But she felt that they had some kind of understanding about the world.The russet and white woman frown to herself mentally approaching the stranger.

<style>
.free-a23 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.free-a23 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a23 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a23 b {color:#cbc6c1; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a23 {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#767172; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:473px;}
.free-a23 .inner{background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a23.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:473px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

The dog's greeting was less warm than Amy's own greeting, which surprised her slightly. Most travelers were glad to meet someone so open and welcoming. Then again, more experienced ones usually realized how rare that was and searched for secondary motivations. Well, her motivation was quite simple. She wanted a trade. If she could gain something somehow she would. The chances were small, but Amy was an opportunist. It was how she had built her empire, by not letting a single opportunity slip by.

Casually she stepped forward, stopping a few feet short of the horse and rider. Amy had noticed the horse's nervousness, and kept a respectful distance. I hope I wasn't overtly familiar. I'm a trader, just off from the city. Amy indicated the large fallen place behind her, still marking the horizon. Hopefully that would sooth the female's worries, with Amy's reason for being welcoming explained.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

'A trader?' she questioned, not doubting this woman at all. 'Hmm,' Io said, petting Neo's neck. 'Are you looking for wares in the city?' Io knew where the good stuff was, it was hidden up in lofts, down in basements and often also in storerooms. She assumed this trader would know this too, it was textbook knowledge after all. The russet and white collie coyote hybrid had picked up random bits of knowledge all over the place, especially in Europe and when she had been on the move in various places. She'd had many friends, many comrades and almost all of them had taught her a little something. Neo lowered his head to nose a scruff of grass peaking up from the tarmac and with a gentle, yet strong tug Io pulled him back to attention.

He was a simple thing and a few sharp commands would tell him his orders. Io didn't give him due when intelligence was involved. She was a person who believed that a horse was a lesser animal that an apex predator such as herself. A strong breeze drifted through Io's surroundings and flicker her snowy mane wildly. Hopefully this conversation wouldn't last long and Io would be free to ride home to the warmth.

<style>
.io-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t51 b {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t51 {background-color:#AFCDD7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o1xxF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#40626D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t51-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t51 .inner {margin:10px 10px 170px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#40626D;}
.io-t51 .wordcount {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #40626D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

It was amazing how quickly people would relax once they felt they were relatively safe. All it had taken for this stranger to forget the falsity of her greeting was to give it a reason to be so, and the darkness that Amy was hiding was forgotten. Smiling softly Amy's tail beat behind her. I just came from there, actually. I found some good things. Amy's already wealthy collection of items had now been joined by human artifacts, things that are fairly hard to find in good condition.

Watching the sharp check of the horse Amy was pleased. She felt that horses shouldn't be allowed to go above their station, something her own horse knew quite well. It ate anytime they stopped for longer than a few minutes, knowing it wouldn't be fed otherwise, but always did exactly what Amy asked of it. What of yourself? What brings you out beyond your pack?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: trolololo

'Oh' Io said, nodding along apathetically. 'And you are heading home now? she asked, brushing her ivory finger tips over Neo's own ivory mane. She didn't particularly care, if she was being honest. But it was polite small talk after all, wasn't it? Io would deal with this encounter and leave hopefully. After all, she did have children to tend to. Neo lowered his great head, nosing at the sprouting grass that stuck up from between the old rubble where the tarmac met the concrete kerb stones. She was pleased herself that Neo knew his place, she would not have it any other way after all her own children were pruned in a diligent way also. Her mind flickered back to them, shit... She thought, closing her eyes for a second.

'I went for a ride' she answered simply. After all caring for four puppies was a task, especially when one needed constant attention and teaching, two were, well they were boys and then there was Adwen. And she would be screwed if anything happened to her. Io needed her own personal time and things like that were hard to come by. 'I was just heading home now actually' she added, shrugging.

<style>
.io-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rn05r.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:75px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; border-top:1px dotted #000000; }
.io-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.io-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.io-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.io-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.io-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.io-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Home? Amy was startled for a second, before bursting into laughter. It wasn't warm and light like most laughter was, rather carrying the chills of the deeds that she had done so recently. This wagon is my home. I travel where my trade takes me. There is no one place where I stay. None have found themselves capable of fitting my needs. Every time she stayed in one place for an extended period of time word got out about her games, and people left. She needed to keep moving, to keep her toys in fresh supply.

Amy's ears twitched questioningly as the female stated the rather obvious. She could see that the girl had gone for a ride, but surely there was more to it than that. If there was, however, the dog wasn't very forthcoming. Amy accepted that she wouldn't be told anymore and moved on. Why don't I go with you. I could use the opportunity to get to know more people. My livelihood depends on knowing people, after all. Amy laughed a little, amused by her own joke.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]