M-Just shoot me already!
His X’y had been gone for a few days now, he had checked around her den finding her fading scent there now for several days and he had grown to worrying already. This was a break in character for the golden woman but he had decided today he wouldn’t worry about her. Too much needed to be done, he had already found out that Saul was nowhere to be found, and no other Dahlian that he knew seemed to be residing in this land anymore. Except for him and Nayru. It depressed him, ate at him a bit too, what had started out today as a quest to reconnect with his adopted son had quickly become another thing eating at him. So on top of X’y and Saul he couldn’t escape the madness of worry today, even if he had set out to flush it from his mind. The man slammed his hammer down onto the frozen ground out of silent frustration; he needed to do something constructive today.

So it was he was doing what he normally did best, stealing materials from old buildings. It had been awhile since he had focused on anything blacksmithing related. His once proud shop had been taken over finally by others, and he suspected he’d be intruding sometime soon to grab some materials he deemed still his no matter who claimed the land. But today he was in one of the several towns littered across their pack lands, he was looking for industrial buildings, something that seemed to be lacking badly, how else would he find the materials he’d need to start up a shop from the ground up. In Dahlia it had been easy, most of the materials had been very close together and what he hadn’t found, Halifax was a short distance away and the materials he needed where easily found when you had a trained eye there.

Still though he puttered around, thoughts of X’y and then Saul in his head as he battered through industrial looking shops and down trodden buildings looking for useful items.

“This is such bullshit! Not a fucking thing I can use!”
[html]
bleepbloopbleep 317

Nayru's child like laughter echoed off the buildings in response to the harsh language that came spewing from the lips of the male. The woman had been doing her own scavenging, both repulsed by but controlled by the biological urge to nest. Yet the piebald woman was going about it all wrong. In order to properly nest one must first have a den of sorts—Nayru still spent most nights on the floor of the lighthouse or the Abbey or the wine cellars. And though she longed to fill the den she did not have with soft things, she knew better than to be looking here. Most anything the humans had had was all rotted away and useless. Still she moved in and out of the buildings, cherry eyes scanning for anything that might be of use someday. Someday.

When she appeared before Saluce, cheerful grin upon the small face, she held only one item. The large glass jug was chipped, but largely unbroken. Nayru did not know where she would eventually settled down, but when she did it would be wise to be able to have fresh water on hand. The jug would hold at least two gallons, though Nayru liked not the idea of carting the heavy thing full of water back and forth. Yet for now she simply held the large container in front of her, as if to hide her normally tiny frame behind it as she greeted her friend and fellow Ichikan.

"Oh Saluce. Who are you yelling to? Surely such language does not aide in your quest?" And she laughed again as she chided the male, not serious in her rebuke but merely amused that it was his angry words that had led her to him. What do you search for today? Maybe I can help, I too have been scouring this town. It must be a fine day for scavenging.

[/html]
The male was stumbling through the wreckage; nature had done a damn good job making sure the building wouldn’t last much longer. Then that laughter caught his ears and he would have turned a deep crimson if it wasn’t for the fur covering his face. His nose sniffed the air, confirming what he ears already knew, he wasn’t alone. He turned to see the visage of her standing below him. Such a small thing really, he could wrap his arms around her twice before he’d be able to tighten it into a hug. His ears flicked in irritation and nervousness. Although Nayru was beyond old enough to hear him speak this way, hell old enough to mate and even love, still he didn’t like uttering such words around her.

His eyes looked over her, his muzzle slowly curling up into a smile as she clutched that jug to her chest. She looked delicious then, he could have just snapped her up in his arms and carted her off to some far away cave. But he just chuckled quietly for a moment listening to her before moving once again.

“Oh trying to find useful items, since I have nothing from my shop up here. I have half a mind to go trespass and get what I need from the shop in wolfville.” It didn’t matter that he had just said that to the Alpha, no he had said it to Nayru, not the Queen. He moved closer to her and then past her, not before his form brushed her side as it passed, hand sliding along her arm in a silent gesture for her to follow.

“But It looks as if your looking for things to Nayru, what are you looking for? Maybe we can help each other”
[html]

Nayru watched the subtle changes of the man. The ears flicking, the smile spreading, and then he came near to her and Nayru giggled again. Ever the imp child, holding her silly jug in front of her, eyes dancing merrily. They had not spoken much since the man returned to Ichika no Ho-en, but they hadn't needed to. That he had come home, for always wherever she belonged he must belong also, was enough. Have they taken up claim in Wolfville then? Whoever they were, Nayru did not know, but it was not unlikely that one of the newer packs had taken the town for themselves. To Nayru, New Glasgow was ten times that of Wolfville. Westville and Trenton more than made up for the lack of Berwick. Nayru did miss the old towns, but her heart lay in Ichika now. So much so that she had to admit, she didn't even know what transpired in the lands of her old home.

As the great brute swiped by her, Nayru turned and took her fairy steps after him, floating like the fey she was. Me? Oh, just looking for things to fill my home I suppose. And then she thought for a moment, laughed once again and her whisper soft voice floated to his back. And a home I suppose. Yet that would come, sooner or later. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Have you looked east of New Glasgow? There are commercial buildings there. You may have better luck. She moved along behind him, content to give up her own search without saying so. She had time, a little anyway, before she really needed to complete her quest. And even then, quest completed or not, life would go as it did and Nayru would simply have to endure it. And she would.

[/html]
The behemoth listened quietly to her, taking note that she was homeless, about as badly as he was. He stopped a moment and looked back at her, following him like a child. His eyes looked over her for a moment, taking in her form and remembering the little child she used to be, following him almost to the point of annoyance not so long ago, as she would wait for the next lesson. As much as he thought he liked her as a woman, his eyes saw her as the child she used to be just then. He grinned at her before looking out along the landscape.

“You used to follow me just like that, quiet as you always where, waiting for the next lesson.” His eyes scanned the ichika lands, not quite sure what he was really looking for. “So what type of place are you wanting? A den, a home, or a tent? I need to find one myself, and I also need to bring my horse down to the stables. He probably won’t like that very much though.” Charlemange would hate being locked up, or fenced in he reckoned, but he couldn’t let him roam around and be hunted by any dumb wolf or mountain lion with a hungry belly. The horse could take care of itself but he guessed he would be better off down here with food available.

He stood there a second not quite sure where he wanted to go, before turning to her a moment. “So where are these buildings east of New Glasgow?”
[html]

Nayru tried to think of herself as a child and found that the creature did not exist in her memory. She could remember Conor and Bris, Saluce of course, and the ever present Gideon. It had been a fine childhood, but any recollections of herself, what she might have looked like, who she might have been, where absent. Simply Nayru assumed she had always been herself, just as she was now, perhaps smaller, if such a thing were possible. Still her tiny self seemed childlike, her hands probably half the size of Saluce's if ever they were to laid them into one another. And yet, she was, and perhaps always had been, adult in thought if childlike in spirit.

The man's observation of her came and went and Nayru simply let the nostalgia pass, content to focus on the task at hand. I need, the lady paused, as if to consider for the first time what she truly needed in a home, but only came to the same conclusion she had come to many times before, something sturdy and warm. It was more location that was an issue. Nayru found she did not like to dwell in the towns as many of the others did, but neither had she found somewhere outside of them she could linger for long.There were places enough she liked, but they all belong to Ichika. Nothing suited her as the glass house in the veiled gardens had once.

Coming up alongside the man, she giggled at his question. Facing northeast Nayru pointed a slender finger, and shrugged, as if to say: why east of course. And then, taking up the lead she moved along, heading to the buildings she knew held metals and tools and things of that nature. Nothing that was of any interest to her, but she would rifle through the debris with Saluce and be happy to do so.

[/html]
Saluce smirked back to her in response. The man knew she’d find a residence to live in, but he never imagined why she would be in such a hurry and finicky about it. One could even go as far to assume he was blind to the blatantly obvious changes that would soon make themselves known but for the sake of fair play he was oblivious to any changes in her specifically that would be coming in the next few months. The behemoth just merely played it off as her being stressed with her position within the pack and the fact that Cerne Rise was abandoned would probably not be a joyous thing to have on one’s mind either.

But Saul was on his mind with that thought, and he wondered where the boy had gone. He had left the pack before he had joined he supposed, his dwelling still carried a faint tint of his scent and of another’s, so he hadn’t been gone too long. He wondered if he had come back sooner maybe he would have stayed. But he was sure of Nayru’s response to such a question, beating himself up over that wouldn’t change anything.

As he started following her, his mouth got the better of him though. “Was Saul unhappy here? He must have left just before I returned.” As always they were both good trackers, Nayru had probably surpassed his abilities, her own talents tailored more to stalking, tracking than him.
[html]

Nayru let her pace fall as Saluce set off after her, and as he posed the question they were side by side and she glanced as him sidelong, knowing that Saul's absence probably hung heavy on the man's heart. Unhappy? No. Saul was never unhappy. It had not been that. Of all those who resided in Cerne Rise, Saul had kept his spirits up the longest. Gideon had been the dark cloud looming over them all, and Siku's reappearance had upset the house. Then one by one they had snuck off. Gideon first and Eclipse, then Shiloh and Siku and finally Saul too. Only the "children" had remained, but Wretch, Melee and Range had all been grown, and it was no big surprise they too left Cerne Rise behind.

Saul I think lives for others, when Cerne Rise was empty so was he. He might have gone off to look for the others. To bring them back. Saul knows where he, and they, belong. Whether the explanation was true Nayru was uncertain, but it was the closest to the truth as Nayru could formulate knowing Saul and the circumstances surrounding his departure. The lady could have gone to find any of them, but having let Gideon and Eclipse go their own way, she had to allow the other to as well. If it were meant to, they would find their way back, and Nayru would not be surprised to see their faces once again.

[/html]