For the Sake of the Innocent
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 409 Words. Back dated to the 25th, early that morning.

Theft was never a concept the Nomad thought she would take part it, but it was steadily becoming a part of her actions. She had taken the child Sarian from Shiloh, attempted to covet her for the sake of filling that latent longing of maternal bliss and like a mad fool had hidden away in the mountains hoping for some obscure reason that the child would be fine and understand what she was trying to do. That day Nayru’s words did not how sway to dispel her selfish wants; if anything they reinforced them and made her want to keep the pup more. Her belief was strong that she would be a better mother to the child than Shiloh or at least provide the care and conditioning she would need to grow into a fine wolf.

But for all her efforts and her hopes, they were not enough to satisfy the needs of the child. Her innocent mind could not fathom the complications her presence stirred, but she knew that these transgressions on the part of the Nomad were wrong… so very wrong. The pup could only cry her needs to her surrogate, to be returned to her mother and Kiara whom she missed. X’yrin had tried and failed miserably to pacify her, to assure her that this was the better choice and that so long as she was there, she could take care of and protect the girl. But little Sarian was having none of those excuses. She wanted Shiloh, her savior, her caretaker…. Her mother. And no one else.

X’yrin was torn between fulfilling the wishes of the child or her own. She fought for the remaining days while in the mountains, pained by the babe’s crying and her own reluctance to give her up. She couldn’t… she desperately did not want to tear out this warming in her heart. But she could not either ignore the cries of the child for the sake of making herself feel better.

She had to be returned no matter how it hurt her. She needed that bond that the Nomad couldn’t fathom until now. It was with a heavy heart that she crossed the borders into Ichika, feeling more a felon than a welcomed member of this growing family. Before she lost her gathered courage, she lifted her muzzle and called out for the child’s mother, stirring the slumbering pup in her arms away in recognition to her mother’s name.

[/html]
Shiloh had been in a state of panic for days now. Where was X'yrin with her daughter. Where was her Sarian? Shiloh had been scouting for days with no rest for her daughter and the golden woman when her howl rent though the air. Shiloh took off in direction of howl... X'yrin was back. Shiloh tripped and fell, cutting her hands and she pulled herself up and continued to run. She was there faster then she thought she would be and as X'yrin came into view Shiloh all but attacked the woman for the child in her arms.

"Why! Why have you hurt me so?! X'yrin I trusted you with my daughter! The one person in the world that keeps me sane! W...." Shiloh fell to the ground at the woman's feet as Kavi's anger brought stars to her eyes and she whimpered in pain before letting Kavi take over.
Kavi stood with an anger so profound that what fur she had stood on end. No one threatened Shiloh or Sarian on her watch.
"You have some nerve. Don't you ever take my daughter my daughter again. Do you know what you have done to Shiloh. She has a weak heart. She has been missing beats worrying that you and Sarian where dead. Your friend could have died because of your insensitivity. How could you X'yrin? Knowing Shiloh loves you. Knowing she needs Sarian." she snarled at the woman. Kavi watched Sarian try to get out of the woman's arms only to be held back.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 367 words

She should have anticipated anger; it would have been foolish of her to think otherwise. But the show of rage and hurt in Shiloh’s eyes as she approached still too her by painful surprise. The Nomad kept the child close to her chest, drawing her in protectively even when in sight of the child’s true mother. She braced a step back, anticipating there was more to this emotional rage to come. “Please understand Shiloh,” she woman begged. “I am sorry… I don’t know what came over me, rather I do but-“ she held the child closer with trembling arms, reluctant still to return the babe. “I didn’t want to give her back… and for that I am sorry.”

Hesitantly, she handed the child back to her mother unable to tear her forlorn gaze away from their reunion. The tether that tied the little one to her heart slowly began to fray and in vain to keep hold of that body, she reached out again to take the girl but retracted quickly once the alternative mind of Shiloh’s surged forward. The female brought her arms to her chest protectively, unable to defend her claim any longer.

The persona Ka’vi’s words struck the woman soundly in the heart, striking her down worse than any blow she had endured in her lifetime. Her selfishness coming to light, she hadn’t thought at all how Shiloh must have been feeling without her child. Her thoughts were solely on herself and the little one, and how they could prosper together. In her fantasy there was no other but them, damning all else to the recesses of her mind as she enjoyed her time with the precious girl. Calling her coveting actions selfish was not enough. “I hadn’t meant to hurt her like this…” the woman pleaded for understanding. “I just wanted...to experience that bond you share with her for myself. I wanted to know what it was like to have one depend on you… to care for you without condition and care for them in return.” Her ears hung shamefully as she turned her head from the reunited family damning herself for trying to encapsulate what they had at all. “I am sorry.”

[/html]
As soon as Sarian was returned and damage done, Kavi left, letting Shiloh see her daughter for the first time in what felt like ages to her. She looked up at the golden woman before walking up to her slowly. She touched her shoulder softly and looked her in the eyes. "Sarian is my life X'yrin. I always knew you were missing something. I was willing to help you though that. Still am willing to help you. But you went against my trust. I wanted to name you a second god mother to Sarian. You had earned that right but you ruined it with your greed. Sarian loves you X'y. Why would you ruin something as pure as a young ones love for you. You deserve to be loved and love in return. Deep down you will always have Sarians love and some of my own but until you can change for the best and prove to me you mean good by me and my child I dont think I can have you around," Shiloh said as her heart ached and skipped beats.

Sarian pawed sleepily at her cross and Shiloh licked her softly. She now knew what would happen if Sarian ever left her. She needed the child as much as the child needed her. Shiloh looked back up a X'yrin and licked her cheek softly. "You are always family to us. Even after what you have done to me. Find yourself X'yrin. You need to find what you are missing," the woman whispered before turning and starting to leave.
[html]

ooc: 317 words. Bit of a short thread, but at least we got this out of the way. :]

She didn’t know where to begin in making this whole situation right. But at last realized it would be so as simple as uttering words of apology. The woman had damaged the trust placed in her and ruined whatever chances she had of seeing the child again. But the mother was all cruel to her, stern in her reluctance to let the Nomad see the girl again, but it was with an understanding heart that she made her decree.

X’yrin didn’t know where to start in finding herself or what she was missing. What she knew now was that Sarian was missing from her though she was but an arm’s length away. How could she seek what she was missing if she hadn’t believed something was absent from her at all? The woman was torn between damning this ludicrously and just taking the child back, and enduring the young mother’s request for the sake of what remained of their friendship. Never faced with this dilemma, X’yrin didn’t know which path was better suited for the moment. Both felt right though only one was the true course that would not resort in violence.

Turning from the pair she nodded solemnly with understanding, the whole of her slumped in on itself as she began this wallow of shame. She felt the kiss upon her cheek and returned one to her companion’s muzzle in a soft, mournful rasp. “I am sorry,” she whispered once more for it was all she felt safe in saying to the hurt mother. She turned swiftly towards her home in the Wentworth leaving the pair at her back as she tore at full sprint through the rolling Valley. Before her desires had a chance to reassert themselves, she needed to get away; before she brought further destruction to the undeserved pair.

She had simply wanted to be happy, but it had gone horribly, horribly wrong.

[Exit X'yrin]

[/html]