No Bliss in Ignorance
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 513 words. Suppose she would see him?

She had hoped in vain her time away from Ichika would clear her head of the fiasco with the child Sarian and her mother, but all the journey did for her was get her cut in the face and impose more pressing feelings upon her. For perhaps the second time, she returned across the borders of her home not at all feeling the warmth of its familiarity. The inevitable snowfall made the welcome that much more frigid even though she knew hardly anyone knew of the shame she had brought upon herself and were thus unable to damn her. These feelings of self-loathing, of embarrassment and mistake were all a distraction to keep her mind of the child she wanted desperately to embrace again. She’d rather deal with her shame than the longing brought on by the child’s absence.

But in due time, she would have to come to terms with this. It was the sole purpose of her self-implored venture and yet she had failed at fulfilling her intentions. She was still burdened by these conflicting emotions and no amount of her own insight was enough to reduce the weight.

From the Wentworth and along the river, the Nomad pondered ways to lift her burden. She was not too proud a female to admit that she needed help through this time. It was always the advice of her Shepard that if she did not understand something and had exhausted all her known resources, she should seek the aid of others. Such advice was more useful now than in any other time.

The only one she could think of with the advice relative to her needs was the pregnant mother Jace. Or rather… the once pregnant female. Last the Nomad recalled, she had given birth and was clearly able to still tend to her duties, even if saving a delirious stranger was not part of it. Perhaps she had some words to ease her troubled mind or share the insight of one now blessed with children. The trouble with the Nomad was that she hadn’t the slightest idea where to begin sifting through these emotions after they had suddenly burst forth from some latent place. The implications of her culture and these new feelings were at war with each other and she needed help in any form she could get.

The quiet bird upon her shoulder was gently nudged awake by a gentle claw to its belly. He ruffled with feathers and spanned his great wings in awakening then turned his head to peer at his master’s patient gaze. She smiled fondly to him. “Will you do something for me, my friend?” The owl hooted softly. “There is a woman of this pack with a dark brown mane and a body of black and white. Could you find and lead me to her, my friend?” She needn’t ask him a second time as she often did during the beginnings of their relationship. Without qualm he took flight from her shoulder and soar into the cloud-filled sky, leveling then surveying the ground below him.

[/html]
[html]

hope you don't mind i made it snow XD snow always puts jace is a very good mood, 3+

A layer of snow now covered the ground heralding the arrival of true winter. The female had rejoiced at seeing the world turned like the home she loved so much and spent a fair bit of time rolling about in the white powder to the amusement of her mate and children. As a result she was now covered from head to toe in frosty flakes, the thickness of her fur holding them far enough away from her body and its heat that they did not melt. Smaller, more fragile crystals clung to her whiskers and eyelashes. Her small son, Honrin gamboled about at her feet in the powder, having never seen snow before he was naturally baffled and intrigued by it. After a few minutes she picked up the little puppy and wrapped him in the blanket that Wretch had given her to warm him up. He was still very small and so lost heat quickly. His three younger sisters had been taken with their father for a walk, Jace had chosen to stay at home with her son who had been asleep at the time.

The femme was next to the horse pen watching the fast growing filly run her uncle and mother ragged. After a few seconds of struggling against her grip, the ivory prince settled down and laid his head on her arm, the only part of him visible from with the gift made for him by Nayru presented to her at Noah and Rendall's mating ceremony clenched between his teeth possessively.He had secured that particular one as his own leaving the other three to fight over the two remaining ones. A soft hoot caused the woman to look up into the sky from which small crystals of snow were falling lazily. She spotted an owl flying nearby, wings making no sound as they beat the air. She recognised the owl as the same one that accompanied X'yrin on her journeys which must mean the golden whiskey woman was nearby.

The multicolored mother let out a long low whistle, pinpointing herself out against the houses and gardens of the suburbs. An ashen paw was waved about as Honrin looked up to see what his mother was waving at.

<style type="text/css">
.jace01afreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4d2ff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #150e27; }
.jace01afreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a1bc; text-align:left;}
.jace01afreeb1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jace01afreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#362462; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eb001a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #cbc6e1; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9a1bc; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jace01afreeb1-border1 {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.jace01afreeb1-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6e5c91; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

The owl’s weightless form glided across the clouded sky dodging the gentle snowflakes as they floated down to the earth. They were of course limitless and fell in no one direction, but the attempts were commendable albeit in vain. Gleaming orbs looked upon the earth to search amidst the white for darkened locks and a body of black and white; seemingly impossible when so like a hue could have been lost to the snow. His great wings carried his high as he rode the currents of air then tucked his wings and dove closer to the ground, spying a home not far below and a moving body signaling attention to itself. The owl gave a stark cry, beating its wings against the air to return its large body to reclaim its previous height. His target was found at last.

The Nomad had continued patiently along the river, her heavy steps sinking into the fragile ice under foot. She quite enjoyed the familiar chill of the cold and was again reminded of the Nomads undoubtedly travelling through the distant mountains to their breeding grounds. Winter was always a captivating season for her. Even among her warrior family they had found excitement within the season and no doubt something of the like would transpire within Ichika as well. She subconsciously held her breath in anticipation, recollections of the event Hibernal crossed her mind and her tail swayed with content. A hunt in winter, the gathering of familiars and friends alike to share a meal and festivities; such pleasantries she could hardly wait for.

“Wolf!” cried the grating voice of her companion, bringing the woman’s head and arm up to receive him. He swept down and latched his talons upon her arm keeping his wings unfurled to maintain balance. “I have found your target,” he affirmed, hooting proudly at his accomplishment. The Nomad smiled, lifting a claw to be nibbled on in reward. “Thank you my friend. But you know I have a name… as I’m sure you do as well, if you tell me.” The owl ruffled his feathers then let the claw slip from his beak. He turned his head around to peer down the length of the river and map out their trail, ignoring her request for his name entirely. “Once we cross the river and the black ground, there is a place there with a wolf of brown mane,” he spoke, his companion’s ears now better trained to understand his brand of speech. She was a little disappointed though that he did not want to give his name, but did not press him further and instead followed his direction.

They tread along the shallow bend of the river looking for a place where the water had hardened enough to walk on before crossing and from there was the unnatural black ground that too was covered with snow. Her feet were numb to the touch, but remained firm as she walked on, readjusting to endure the cold and extra weight supported by her upright form. Her legs had grown tired from days of travel with rest in desperate need, but she pressed on through winter’s flurry hoping that their destination was not too far away. Then just as her companion had seen, X’yrin too saw the home standing sound atop the snow. Immediately she lifted her muzzle to announce herself both in courtesy and respect as she walked through another’s home. Again the owl had taken flight circling around to where he had seen the brown maned woman and perched himself on a pole of the fence meant to corral the animals kept there.

The Nomad was not so rude to invade another’s home in such a bold manner, and chose instead to try the front door with a determined rap. The concept of homes and the doors that closed them off was still strange to her, as she was simply content with a den dug out of the ground and perhaps fur to line the floors. But there must have been an appeal to these enclosures she did not understand since she was finding more and more of the pack resided in places like this. Perhaps this was something else the lady Jace would help her understand.

ooc: 708 words.

[/html]
3+

A screech and the owl was gone out of her sight, presumably to find the traveling companion that he had left behind in the snowflakes. Her son still clenched in her arms the she dog shifted position so that she was leaning against the fence with her back instead of her stomach, the horses watched her curiously and slightly wound up at the appearance and cry of the owl until the woman began to make a soft noise that they now knew well enough that it appeased them, her cry was quiet but carrying for its pitch was out of sync with the normal noises of nature,

"Ki'yi ki'yi ki'yi..." And such her noise continued like that with the horses eventually relaxing, Salvia, the grey female rummaging around for more hay before turning her back on the three of them and moving inside of the shelter Temo and Jace had built for them, her foal, Pandemic quickly followed until only the large pure white Emmett remained, watching her curiously from his viewpoint. Honrin sighed in her arms, moaning gently as a light sleep overtook him but he quickly woke up however as a howl cut through the air, the white boy child wriggled a little but her grip remained steady on him. She sent back a short bark to the woman who was fast approaching, the deep boom of her voice followed by a squeaky copy from her son who dropped his toy in his enthusiasm to be like her. Jace swooped down to pick the stuffed animal up before it could become soaking wet.

The owl she was familiar with now settled down on the fence post and she dipped her head to him 'Good day to you.' Then she heard the rapping at her front door and again her voice called out but this time with words instead of her dog bark,

"We're around the back X'yrin, just come on around."
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

She waiting patiently for the moment, knowing she had been heard by the new mother once she received the returned call. Rather than walk through the front door, the woman was called to head to the back where her companion had settled. Obliging, she followed around to the fenced section trudging through the frozen ground carefully so as not to disturb the almost tranquil scene too much. Rather than walk to main gate of the corral, the Exultare grabbed a pole for stability then vaulted over into the pen landing in a bow toward her host.

“Good day Lady Jace,” she Nomad greeted cordially all smiles and swaying tail as she was known for. However, the smile waned only slightly when her eyes noticed a small child with a little toy in his possessive. Her amber gaze looked at the duplicate body in awe her ears lowered though brow was raised in interest. She hadn’t seen the lady’s pups since they were born and looking upon the male now was like again seeing the innocent pup Sarian. A soft whine sounded from her clenched throat as she lifted a paw in greeting. “Thank you for seeing me my lady. Have you fared well? Your little one too?” Had the she-dog only had the one pup? Judging from her size when last she saw her, she would have expected more of a brood.

ooc: 232 words.

[/html]
3+

The golden fae's method of entry pulled a laugh from her, a confused tilt of the head from Honrin and a baring of teeth from Emmett, the white stallion trotted around nervously before pulling his ears back and disappearing inside the shelter attached to the paddock with his relatives. The hybrid chuckled at his departure, he was too jumpy and needed to calm down quite a bit. She smiled softly as the barely known X'yrin bade her good morning,

"Good morning X'yrin. Congratulation on your promotion, Kozan." Jace felt relief that she now had someone who she could talk to about Prestige matters instead of worrying about all of them. Her attention was pulled away however at the short whine and she looked at the golden woman curiously who was staring at her son with a strange mixture of emotions crossing her face, she didn't pass judgement however, perhaps the older woman had lost a child that looked like her Honrin and seeing him now reminded her,

"Oh, yes thank you. We've been very well. His sisters are off with their father for a walk. Honrin here didn't want to go so he stayed with me. Sat hello to X'yrin sweety." The small child stared up at her with eyes that were still mostly puppy blue but that had slivers of amber running through them now. He let out a yelp that was muffled by the toy he refused to let go of along with a soft growl that proclaimed the toy as his and that nobody else was going to take it from him. Jace laughed.

"Is this a social call or is there anything that you require assistance on?" Business or pleasure, Jace hated dodging around issues and preferred to get to them straight after greetings were out of the way of course.
[html]

Truly the Kozan was grateful in being granted an audience with the Element master, even if they both were on the same level and she owed the other nothing. It was by courtesy that she showed respect to the other, bowing at her congratulations while maintaining a comfortable distance of personal space. The woman was not so much nervous as she was uneasy in preparing to as such a large request especially when their relationship was nothing more than passing nods.

However the obliged the new mother with answers instead of further drawing out the pleasantries til the purpose of her coming was last. “Lady Jace, I have done wrong to another of our pack,” the warrior lowered her head humbling but not in shame. “I was granted keep of her child for only a day… but I kept her for myself and refused to return her. I knew it was wrong then… even when told by the Lady Nayru and my-“ still she did not know what to call the envoy that had stolen her heart- “my male companion (it was better than ‘friend’ at least), he did not say much on the matter… but I could tell he thought the same as our JiRyu; that I could not keep what was not mine.” The warrior then lifted her head, slowly as though again a great weight had been placed upon her crown.

“But Lady I still tried. I wanted to keep her for myself. It went against the practices of my culture, to show possession at all was an act they would have frowned upon, and I had forsaken that just to keep the child with me… so that I would not bare that unhappiness. I took the time to wonder why this was so, why I would act like this against my practices… but I arrived at no conclusion. I know that I have experienced love for this girl… but nothing more than that, my Lady. I know nothing more than that I loved her.” Her eyes had been pleading through the entirety of her confession, hoping that her words would be enough to convey her request; the understanding she sought. “What I can’t understand my Lady, is why.”

ooc: 372 words.

[/html]
7+

The Great Mother had seen fit to grant Jace with an outstanding amount of patience and understanding, granted that Jace didn't always show it, it was there never the less. This allowed her to stand and listen as X'yrin explained her crimes and misdeeds that she had done to another. Jace felt empathy for the golden Nomad, not pity but empathy for she could understand her position, when her children had died Jace had felt as though she could take another's and replace them but it would have been wrong and bitter, something to be stopped. From what she said Jace realised that she had indeed returned the child in question and breathed an uneasy sigh of relief, the woman wished to know why. Why had she taken the child of another when it went against her traditions and customs, Jace didn't think herself as overly wise, that title had always been reserved for her mother and elders,

"It is in the nature of a woman to love a child just as it is the nature of men to fight and brawl amongst each other. This love can sometimes make us act in peculiar ways, think strange thoughts and becomes someone who is not ourselves." Jace decided to use herself as a real life example for X'yrin, she didn't particularly want to speak about the children of hers that were dead but then she never wanted to speak of it really,

"These children I have now are not the first ones I have borne into this world. I had two before these, created from the rape of myself. That same man that violated me found my pregnant form again and harassed me so much to the point that my body chose to reject them for my health's sake. I miscarried and they died without ever having the chance to live. Afterwards I was not the same, I was not myself. I was quiet and sick, I never spoke, never interacted with people." This was hard for her to speak of and her voice was strangled and tight, her eyes clouded with shadow, Honrin looked at his mother curiously having never heard her speak with that tone before, like his father the boy was generally quiet unlike his loud sisters,

"My love for them was so.. so intense that I wished I could take somebody else's child to replace and stop the pain. This love for them eventually drove me to murder somebody, a man who was more a demon than he was flesh and blood, a child murderer. I found him digging up their bodies from the grave they lay in and my mind, already broken from the grief and pain snapped completely. That man suffered for many days before the life bled from him. All because of my love for children that were dead." The man Argul had deserved to die but that still did not excuse the fact that she had taken his life.

"So my answer to you X'yrin is instead a question. How much more would the love for a child burn for one who lived than one who was already dead." Jace was trying to show her the answer to her own question, Jace had done all that for her children who would never live or breathe how much more would she be willing to go for a child that ran and laughed and played. Unbeknown to Jace the shadows of the children she was talking about shifted and wandered around her in a circle, whining in a voice she could not hear, Honrin watched them with a tinge of fear in his eyes unsure of what the shadows actually were,

"Blood does not matter for family can be whoever you chose it to be. The child of another may well be one that you see as your own. The desire to protect and defend from those who may be even closer than yourself can be overwhelming and cloud your judgement severely prompting you to perhaps kill a man.." Here she referred to herself ".. Or take a child that is not yours." She hoped that X'yrin could understand where she was coming from in her attempted explanation.
[html]

The Exultare could not begin to understand, let alone relate to the trials this woman had endured. Her life within the Nomads was rather unremarkable in comparison to both the practices of the Exultare as well as the horror told by this mother. The atrocities forced upon another was not something the woman was ignorant to, but it still grated her ears and brought the bile to rise into her gullet with disdain upon hearing of it. She could not pity one that had endured such a hardship and prevailed for it was not an experience she had. None the less, she lowered her eyes and ears mournfully but kept quiet as the Lady continued in the hopes of provoking a revelation.

But again came the topic of love; the notion that always seemed to rear itself and it was that that she ran away from constantly. She might have admitted her love for the child Sarian, but she did not understand it. What she felt for the child had not gone beyond wanting to maim, let alone kill her surrogate and caretaker. Rather she wanted the child protected, coveted so that she was the only one reflected within those innocent eyes, and it was her presence she sought above all others. But how it conflicted with the present status; the child was not of her blood and yet she treated the pup as such. This whole thought was strange, following the culture of the Nomad to take one and make them a part of your own yet at the same time going against their teachings in coveting what was not theirs. Possession was the horrid demon that reared itself only when the heart yearned for something too much; a counter to this demon she had never learned from her mentor.

The mind of the she-wolf worked fervently to part the clouds of confusion and bring about the light of understanding. She grasped blindly through the troubled clouds, hoping a warming light would at last shine upon her with new, much needed knowledge. Yet she could only shake her head to the wolf-dog’s question and brought a hand to her head to brush down her bangs, gesturing her lack of understanding in a form that brought her comfort. “I have not experienced a love for something alive before, nor suffered a love lost through death. Or perhaps I have… and simply did not know it.” She sighed softly, then let both hand and body fall away as she was brought down to her knees in the snow once the strength of her legs had given out. Still she continued.

“Nomads do not experience love as others do. We do not share the bond of blood, nor look to our bearers as… parents?” Briefly the lifted her eyes to the mother in question, hoping that that was the proper word. “It was through Sarian that I learned of this difference and wanted to experience it for myself against my reluctance. I felt it would be alright… but at the same time knew this was not so.” The woman brought a trembling hand to her chest. “A Nomad is encouraged to follow their path to its end and harbor no regrets for its transgression. But I have found nothing but pain and guilt in the pursuit of this… this love. I have succumbed to an act that shamed me, and felt ways for another I hadn’t thought possible. And yet…” Gradually the woman began to calm, her rampant heart no longer drumming against its cage at a relentless rhythm, but a soft, comforting pulse that radiated warmth throughout her form.

“Yet… I have experienced a happiness I have only ever known with my Shepard. And still I share this happiness with another. And yet I fear… what will become of me if he too is taken away from me? I could not do anything to keep the little one with me… what if I am unable to do the same with him? I am worried that it will come to pass and this feeling… this love will be gone.” Even the thought of it clenched her heart. “I don’t want to be rid of it again. I can’t let it happen. I cannot imagine the loss brought on by death when the pain and fear of losing the living is this much to bear.”

ooc: 732 words.

[/html]
5+

She felt disturbingly raw after baring an extremely hollow and lost part of her time, of her souls to X'yrin. Like her insides had been scrubbed with steel wool and then washed down with vinegar. It wasn't exactly painful but it was very uncomfortable for her. Jace had never really spoken of the incident with anyone apart from Temo on that night when the children had been conceived. but she could see for all her words and attempted explanation the Nomad still did not understand, could not understand. Perhaps because the question was so specific and yet completely vague. Why did they feel love and various imitations of it?

X'yrin's declaration that she had never known love before and that the Nomad lifestyle actually weakened its grasp upon a person saddened her a lot. What must it be like to never know the bonds that held a family together, the gentle but fierce protectiveness of a mother, or aged and wise pride of a grandma or pa? Jace had never know her own father and so couldn't relate to that point but her grandfather had more than made up for her missing paternal figure. She let the woman speak her mind and heart rather than interrupt to asked the unasked questions but it all boiled down to the same thing really, why? Why had X'yrin suddenly felt this burst of emotion when it was clear she had never felt it before this time nor had she wanted to.

To be untroubled in such ways by death and loss was sometime of a dream to Jace, a fantasy that could never be realised or brought into reality and now it was thus so for X'yrin too. Her heart had opened even if the love she felt was not wrong but ill placed although was it ever wrong to love a child? Maybe if this love had formed because of her own children or for a partner she had it would be different, she would accept it and grown to appreciate it but the endless longing for a child that wasn't and would never be hers. Although she could understand the protectiveness over Sarian after all Jace had felt several times a wanting to take the child from Shiloh, the grey wolfess was hardly able to look after herself never mind a child as well, at least in Jace's opinion she was not.

"Pain and hurt is the chance you take with love. Like all of good things it can have a bad side as well. And you have to put up with the bad times as well as the good times. Life isn't always summer when food is plentiful and hunting is easier sometimes it is winter when it's cold and it snows and not everyone makes it through but those who do are stronger and for the experience. As for why Sarian was the one that opened you up for love, it could be anything really. We don't choose the people we love, it's almost like love chooses us in a way. When I met Temo I never knew that I was going to fall for him, I thought we would just be friends."
[html]

She did not know the extent of what her heart could manage because she had never experienced a love that would test its merit. Undoubtedly this was but the first step onto a path that held much more than her ignorant mind could fathom. But she had chosen to see it to fruition, to understand it to its fullest, regardless of the consequences that might come from it.

But there were wonders to be had as well. Listening to the console of the Lady Jace awarded her a new outlook on her situation. When she had only pondered the negative, the fears that stemmed from ignorance, she offered her a more positive stance to take on the matter. Relating the causations of love as unpredictable machinations, no doubt woven from their crafty threads of fate themselves. She hadn’t chosen to find love, but was rather gifted it in a sense, as if her ancestors looked upon her and conspired with the fates to bless her with the light she needed to understand. What had happened with Sarian was a mishap, a misguided attempt to comprehend this new development herself. And her failure was just another plot in this course… just as she felt her feelings for Saluce was part of it as well.

Taking this outlook made her feel a little more certain… more sure about this charted course. The smallest of smiled had crept upon her muzzle then as her jumbled nerves and mess of emotions began to smooth out, each breath supplying more clarity, bringing her one step closer to a calm mind. “I suppose then…” she began softly, bracing a hand on a pole to pull herself to her feet, regaining a bit of strength to end her grovel. “I need only to accept this… and perhaps make something positive of it. I was awakened to this all for a reason… however strange. And…and shouldn’t let this single experience play as a hindrance for what else lies in store. I might miss a chance to have what you and your Temo share.” Though she couldn’t rightly call her relationship with Saluce a friendship. They were far beyond that title now. But to what extent still remained a mystery to them both.

ooc: 374 words.

[/html]
small PP of Xy, hope you don't mind

7+

Maybe, hopefully, finally what she was saying was getting through to X'yrin and the female breathed a sigh of relief as she seemed to come to truly understand what it was she meant. Love was not something to be hated and feared it was to be cherished and held onto with fury and ferocity for it could be taken away and ended all too quickly and easily. It would only take one small accident to end any of their lives, one misstep and they were with the Great Mother not to see their loved ones until they themselves entered the Mother's embrace. She looked down a little sadly at X'yrin and felt empathy for her, when her family had been murdered she had been sure she would never love anyone again, her heart had frozen into an icy block with sharp jagged edges and spikes to keep out anyone who would try to get in.

But both her wolfen and dog souls had betrayed her, longing for pack to comfort, company to seek she had found Temo through a strand of extraordinary good luck or bad luck depending on your point of view. She had not looked back since that day they had met, the honor of her family weighed down upon her heavily like a tangible and real thing. She was in a way a lot like X'yrin. The Denahlii's too like the Exultares and Nomads in wanting only the strongest to survive and prosper but they were not unkind, they were not heartless, they gave their weak a chance to prove themselves, to fight against nature, to fight against fate and what was intended for them, to fight against their own deaths. Many didn't make it but they died with pride in their eyes and honor in their hearts. The ones that did, that had done were treated as heros, as legends for they had overcome the thing that could not be changed, the design of the Great Mother. They had looked at their playing cards and decided to chose another hand rather than accepting what was given to hem.

Jace held out a hand towards X'yrin to help up the fallen woman with Honrin tucked underneath her other arm. The strange quiet boy showed just how much he liked X'yrin even after only so short a time of knowing her with a single wag of his ivory tail. It was the same reception his mother, father and sisters got. Like his father he wasn't much for showing emotion.

"What I have with Temo is extremely precious to me and I am incredibly lucky to know its feeling. I owe him more than just the love he gives me. I owe him my life, my sanity, my very soul. I can't repay that dept to him but I can show my gratitude, with love." For one so young, Jace was often struck with moments of wizened thoughts as though the spirits of her elders had taken possession of her and gifted her with a higher thought. She helped the older woman to her feet, with a tug of her strong arm, and smiled up at her much taller friend. She did not envy X'yrin for her height, Jace had long ago come to terms with her short stature and made up for it with her strength of her heart and mind,

"Some creatures go through their entire lives without ever feeling love. Maybe you were poised to be one of them if you had never come to Ichika. And I pity those creatures because they will never know, will never get the chance to experience what I feel. Wherever you find love, grab it by the horns and hold on for dear life and don't let go. This world we live in is a dangerous and frightening one, filled with horrors that should only exist in nightmares, at any moment you can be taken from it and cast into death. You can love Sarian and not have to take her from Shiloh, love her as not a mother should but as an Aunt or Cousin would. After all are we not all brothers and sisters here, our children are what binds us together, the next generation is always and shall always be stronger than the one before it." Honrin chose that moment to yip in a high pitched voice as though agreeing with his mother and both of them looked at X'yrin in unison, Honrin with his strange unwavering gaze and Jace with a more normal, friendly and warm look.