cranberry sunset
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 315 :: OOC. Set at the D'Neville Mansion at Sunset. Can be forward or backdated to fit other's timelines; mine hasn't taken much shape yet!

In the several days Columbine had been a member of Inferni, the male had been surprised to find that he did not see Jacinto or Helotes. Even more worrisome, he didn't see Ilusion, and that was giving him a most unpleasant and worrisome sensation. Columbine wasn't one to take blame for anything, but he felt enormously guilty that his sister might be in danger because he picked a fight with their guitar playing, extraordinarily soft brother. Granted, said brother should have gone after Ilusion - what had he been thinking? - but Columbine couldn't help but wonder whether or not he should have demanded his sister go with him after the fight. Or, perhaps, he should have returned in the middle of the night

It wasn't something Columbine should be dwelling on - he should be focused on rank earning and keeping - but he was sick with worry for his sister. He also felt an immense amount of guilt for the death of his mother. The shadowy male felt that he should have been there in her final moments to act as a son should, and yet here was the reality: he wasn't. Columbine sighed, casually sitting on the porch of the Inferni mansion, and rubbed a hand across his forehead. He needed, at some point, to talk to his brothers about this. He was baffled neither of them had gone after her. If he weren't needed here, he would have gone already.

Granted, Ilusion could take care of herself. She was a beautiful girl and used it to her advantage; Columbine admired that about her. Still, he wanted to have a talk with Jacinto at some point to figure out what the fuck happened after he left. Like he'd mentioned to Helotes when they met at the borders, Columbine had an idea that it might be a little more...violent than any regular conversation.

<style type="text/css">
.columsnarl .space {width:250px; height:230px; float:left;}
.columsnarl b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306;}
.columsnarl p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.columsnarl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#380a0b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cVglt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#c1732c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#380a0b 0px 0px 3px;}
.columsnarl .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Love Ya Like A Sister'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#ca0306;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC → 000 ::RAWR! IT BE A JACINTO!! In Optime

Jacinto finished up with working with the horses, the feeling of satisfaction followed the dusty Lykoi as he put some things away. Colors were splashed in the sky, many thoughts breezed through the hybrid's mind. Where in the world was Ilusion? He had also heard that his oldest brother was in the lands now. Would he take his anger out in his younger smaller brother again? Helotes was probably off somewhere with his newfound cousin Zana, they seemed to be close and probably spent their time together. It made the man wonder if something was going on between them. Well Helotes could do what his heart desired, it wouldn't bother the Tirones. He set off from the stables and worked his way around the Mansion. He never imagined that he had so much family here, Helotes had went with him to visit Kaena, his grandmother. He whistled a small tune as he rounded the corner. The sight he saw was very unexpected. There was Columbine, sitting casually on the steps. He yelped in surprise, he could've ran right into him. "Brother. I-I didn't expect to see you here." Jacinto kept his tone casual, normal as possible. He didn't exactly fear his eldest brother, or hate him for attacking. People where who they are. His eyes drifted to the sky, painted with light reds and oranges. He had neglected to take his guitar with him as there was work to be finished, but he wished he had. His heart felt still very heavy, after the death of his mother and the neglect from his father. It wasn't Columbine's fault that he had not been there when Leticia died. He couldn't predict death and the man had a feeling that Columbine would be there if the situation was different. "So...How long have you been here now?" His tail flickered idly, wondering what his brother would do.

<style type="text/css">
.mariachinto .space {width:220px; height:200px; float:left;}
.mariachinto b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
.mariachinto p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.mariachinto {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#919dad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/STyMY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545b65; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#545b65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.mariachinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Why do you tempt me with more Helotes threads! D: / +330

Helotes was returning to the mansion today, leaving Zana behind in her strange tree den. He had ended up spending the night with her, in a sense, sleeping at the base of her tree. They had shared an intimate moment the other day, which was subsequently ruined by the fact that it had been revealed that she had been attacked by the same bitch as he had been. Now the dark Lykoi was returning, with an equally dark scowl on his face. He had been thinking the whole way here, trying to decide exactly how to confront Ezekiel about this. It was a dangerous game that female in Salsola was playing, and Helotes wasn’t sure what the next move should be. Had he been the leader, he would at least have a stern talking to with the Salsola leader.

Helotes was stiff from sleeping in the cold under that tree and he stretched out his limbs above him, his bones cracking from the strain. With a sigh he watched the mansion come into view, it’s mostly broken windows shining golden in the setting sun. There on the steps of the mansion were two figure and as he approached he recognized them instantly as his brothers. His heart leapt into his throat; both from the sheer delight in seeing his siblings together and also from sheer terror that they might be soon at each others throats. He sped up his pace a little so he could get there before a fight were to break out.

Jacinto! Columbine! He called out and soon was by their sides, giving them both his trade mark sly smile. As always Columbine looked perturbed and Jacinto wistful, both brothers seeming glowing like coals in the red light. Helotes felt full; he had his brother's with him, their many cousins, Zana... but his heart dropped when once again the realization that his mother was dead and his sister missing came into his mind, and his smile faltered.

<style type="text/css">
.helsc b {font-weight:bold; color:#b73012; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.helsc p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.helsc {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#320c0c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j1MUj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac7662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.helsc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.helsc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 366 :: Family reunion <3

Speak - or in this case, think - of the devil and he shall appear.

Columbine lifted his eyes just in time to catch the approaching figure of Jacinto Lykoi. A snarl threatened to rise on his black lips, but the Lykoi man kept his face impassive and utterly disinterested. He would let Jacinto make the first greeting - though it appeared his brother didn't notice him yet. Naturally, his brother would not pick up on something so spittingly obvious such as his own kin seated right before him. Even if there were plenty of other Lykois in Inferni - though he had only met Zana, the tiny little pipsqueak shadowing Helotes at the border - Jacinto should be alert enough to pick up on his own brother. "Ridiculous," Columbine thought to himself.

But eventually Jacinto did notice him, and Columbine could not help but smirk and chuckle coldly at the surprise in the smaller man's voice. Jacinto, he acknowledged, standing and stretching languidly, letting his muscles ripple underneath his dark fur. He knew he was significantly larger than his brother, though he would not be so foolish as to pick a fight right away. His voice, however, did not hold any warmth: Columbine was good and angry at the sight of the other Lykoi. If he were being honest with himself (which he wasn't), he had hoped that Ilusion would miraculously materialize with Jacinto, and all his worries would be assuaged. Of course I'm here. I'm surprised to see you without Ilusion, though. His voice was dangerously soft as Columbine walked closer to his younger brother. Did you lose her, Jacinto?

But before he could react further, Columbine was distracted by his name being called. Whipping his head around, the male saw Helotes, and an irritated sigh fell from his lips. Of course Helotes would be here. Of fucking course. Helotes, he responded in greeting. I was just asking Jacinto where Ilusion is. She was supposed to be with him, after all, the ashen male spat, crimson eyes narrowed and angry. He'd put a lot of effort in lately to contain his anger, and yet here he was, in the presence of his brothers, about to explode.

<style type="text/css">
.columsnarl b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#380a0b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cVglt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#c1732c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#380a0b 0px 0px 3px;}
.columsnarl .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Love Ya Like A Sister'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#ca0306;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC → 000 ::Who doesn't like a family reunion with a lil drama? Excuse my fail D:

Jacinto could see the dislike in Columbine's eyes, his tone was void and cold. The man didn't do anything wrong, at least that he could think of. When Columbine stood up, Jacinto became a little wary. He had already been in a dispute before with him. To his fortune, Helotes came. He wasn't looking for protection, and Helotes shouldn't have to be a mediator. He raised one hand and gave a small wave to him ad turned back to Columbine. Jacinto's voice was calm after his eldest brother's sneer. "Let's see...She ran after you in high hopes to kick your ass. I don't know." The coyote hybrid shrugged and looked up at his larger brother. He wasn't being arrogant at all, just a practically subliminal message to remind him that he didn't want any crap. He wished that he knew where Ilusion was, at least he was able to see his brothers. Even if one was being unpleasant.

It made the Lykoi sad to to think of the layers of hate and dislike growing in Columbine's heart. But he had to give him credit for standing up and protecting them all from their father. Jacinto thought for a second, reflecting back on when Ilusion went off to fun Columbine. "So she didn't find you, did she?" It made him worry, for the last couple of nights, Jacinto had been staying in his room, moping about the loss of his mother. He could have saved her! Now what if Ilusion was dead? How could he cope? He could already see the look of devastation on Helotes' face. When he had to break the awful truth to him. Helotes didn't seem as happy today, probably still dwelling on the death of their mother; much like he himself was.

<style type="text/css">
.mariachinto b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
.mariachinto {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#919dad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/STyMY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #545b65; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#545b65; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.mariachinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.mariachinto .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#bef7ff 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Hover over Spanish for translation / +301

Helotes looked sharply as Columbine as he spoke, his words filled so deeply with sarcasm that it caused Helotes stomach to twist. His older brother hadn’t always been this way, in fact he had been quite pleasant in his youth, even in the face of the abuse. But ever since Kerberos had taken on another mate, Columbine had become more and more dark and it disturbed Helotes. He had once had a close connection to Columbine but now… even Helotes felt himself grow more cold. The only thing that warmed his heart now was Kaena and Zana.

He turned and listened as Jacinto spoke carefully, impressed that he was so easily standing up to Columbine. They were brothers after all but Jacinto did not stand a chance against Columbine and Helotes had been surprised that he had not been more injured in their last fight. But Jacinto brought up a good point; both he and Columbine could be blamed for the disappearance of their sister, but in Helotes’ opinion, neither should be.

With a sigh Helotes put a hand on either of their shoulders. He was not used to being the go between in their tiffs, a position usually held by Ilusion or their mother, but this was not the time to be against each other. Ambos saben hermana, sé cómo piensa. Ninguno de los dos tiene la culpa. Ilusion era una tontería ir después de Columbine, y lo más probable es enojado por la muerte de la madre. Darle una semana más o menos, y si ella no viene por aquí ... después de eso podemos ir a buscar. He spoke in their dialect again, his soul just aching to hear them speak as they once had, in better times… God he missed his mother... and Ilusion. Where was she?

<style type="text/css">
.helsc b {font-weight:bold; color:#b73012; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.helsc {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#320c0c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j1MUj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac7662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 301 :: Like Nat's - hover over Spanish for text. Sorry for so much chatter. D:

Jacinto was just begging to get his throat ripped out. It would not have been that dififcult for the smaller male to just take blame for what happened, for Ilusion's new state of mission. Columbine now had an extremely distinct snarl across his face, and he paid little heed to Helotes' presence. I would be careful how you speak, brother, the larger male snarled, stepping closer to his brother. Our sister is missing, our mother is dead, and here we are - he indicated the three brothers - without any idea where Ilusion is. No, Jacinto, you should have followed her. Pendejo, he spat. Te total de pendejo.

In his anger, Columbine had reverted back to his mother tongue. It felt more comfortable coming from his lips; the shadowy male liked the effects his deep voice had on the Spanish language. When Helotes placed his hand on his shoulder, it took all of Columbine's power not to throw it off in anger. But he was momentarily soothed by Helotes words, and did not act rashly. Still, he looked at Jacinto through narrowed eyes. Nuestro hermano debería haber sabido mejor que dejarla salir por su cuenta. ¿No te preocupa que los dos hemos llegado y está por ningún lado? Ella es una chica inteligente, sí, pero hay criaturas peligrosas que hay. No me gusta la idea de su soledad.

Stepping out from under Helotes' hand, Columbine walked several pages away from his brothers. Anger still radiated from him, and his entire body was almost shaking with palpable rage. He spoke again, this time his voice slightly quieter. Todo esto es demasiado para mí escuchar. Madre está muerta, Ilusion falta, y Jacinto está aquí? No puedo entender esperar una semana, los hermanos. No nos protegió durante años para que le acaba de ser ... ido.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC → 000 ::Who would've guessed that Jacinto means hyacinth? I think...I tried to translate it. Jacinto sounds cool. I'm sorry that he ain't speaking Spanish. I can't translate these on my iPod. I suck........really suck.i had a lot to catch up on quality and length seriously epically fails.

The dusty man sighed and watched his brothers. He shook his head and spoke in English. Speaking Spanish just reminded him of his old home, with his father and his mother when she was alive. Even though he missed speaking in the dialect. "We'll find her. I know it. I'm sorry Columbine. We're all stressed about everything." He watched both of his brothers, they were all a little bit stressed in a way, so much had happened. Ilusion must be safe, the woman has too much fight in her. She's alive. Jacinto appreciated that Helotes was trying to prevent any disputes. The hybrid didn't want another fight with Columbine again, it was more than sibling rivalry. It saddened him, to have to always be in the middle of things like this. He quietly walked over to where Columbine stood. He placed a tentative hand on his shoulder, much like Helotes had. "Columbine...Ilusion can't be far. " He took the hand off his brother's muscular shoulder and stepped back. The hybrid man didn't know what else to say. His heart was heavy, the death of his mother, Illusion lost somewhere.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Helotes is singing "El Triste" here's a link to the song *clicky* here's a link to the lyrics in Spanish *clicky* and here's a link to the translation *clicky*, hover for translation / +328

Helotes listened to his older brother speak and his face and heart grew dark. Columbine had always been proud and caring for his family but now it seemed as if the caring was nothing but a façade that was hiding his true intentions, but what these intentions were Helotes could not fathom, but he feared they were dark. Columbine was angry at Jacinto, blaming him without reason; Jacinto was no more at fault then he himself was and Helotes had thought his last statement would make this clear to the crimson eyed Lykoi; apparently it had not.

Helotes puffed out his chest and was about to speak about Columbine’s hostility when Jacinto deflated him. He spoke softly, in English once again, as the small male usually did; the juxtaposition between his two brothers was astounding. Helotes could tell Jacinto wanted nothing more than peace, but he was squeamish when it came to standing up for himself. Helotes ears drooped as he watched Jacinto try to show some semblance of affection towards Columbine, very aware of the fact that this gesture would not be received well.

Jacinto was right about one thing, Ilusion would not be far. She was cunning and would do one of two things if she couldn’t find Columbine; either head here to Inferni, or north again to their old pack. Either way she would be safe, but if something had happened to her out there… well, then the brothers might end up looking for a body.

Helotes sighed and leaned against one of the wooden beams of the porch, We will see her again, one way or another… He looked out to the horizon as the last brilliant colors of the sun faded into nothing but a crimson outline on the distant hills, Que triste fue decirnos adios... Helotes took a breath and then softly began to sing in an untrained but sincere tenor, cuando nos adorabamos mas, hasta la golondrina emigro, presagiando el final....

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 444 :: Columbine, the large, scary, evil.... Falsetto?

When Jacinto touched him, Columbine thought he was going to lose his mind.

All the self control he'd been exhibiting, all the anger he'd let build up in the cavern that once held a heart that was almost too large, nearly bubbled over the surface as the dark, furious male ducked out from underneath Jacinto's hand. No me toques, Jacinto, the man growled, his voice deadly quiet as he looked his smaller brother directly in the eye. No suponga que usted ha ganado ese derecho. Had Helotes not been there, Columbine would have jumped after Jacinto immediately, but for the sake of his brother the hybrid would keep it together. Regardless, there was a snarl on his lips and the hulking male was prepared to attack if Jacinto made the mistake of choosing to 'comfort' him again. It was better received - though that was entirely subjective - when Helotes attempted; the two had been close in their youth, and the shadowy male was less likely to attack that particular brother. Plus, Helotes was not weak, like Jacinto.

His brothers' words did not assuage Columbine's worry. Ilusion was in the wild with nobody to protect her... unless she'd taken a mate, and the thought of that made him utterly ill. Ilu deserved the best of the best, and Columbine would not settle to see her with anyone he did not approve (and, if he thought about it, he knew he would not be approving any man for his beautiful sister anytime soon). But while he did not respond to either of their comforts, Helotes' song brought Columbine to a happier place, a time when he did not harbor so much hatred towards himself and the world... It made him want to sing, something he was rather self conscious about for obvious reasons. Still, he could not help himself...

Que triste luce todo sin ti the man began, and his voice was not what would be expected from his large stature. It was a beautiful, pristine falsetto; the voice that could be assumed of a little boy angel, dressed in white robes and with innocent features. Or, perhaps, a pop singer, reminiscent of the human Michael Jackson (though Columbine would never have any idea who this person was). It was almost breathy at points, and though the words were sad, his fiery eyes darted to both his brothers to remind them he was not about to suffer their shit should they choose to give it. He continued in his lovely and absurdly high tones. Los mares de las playas se van, se tiñen los colores de gris, hoy todo es soledad....

Gods, he missed his sister.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]