all the same
On the bay outside Halifax--Quartz

It seemed like they had the fine makings of a pack, yet they were still lacking in one or two members and she had set out to find those that were looking for the same quality of devotion to the pack and eachother. A Loyalty unmatched by their peers around them, a love for family, friends and pack equal and grand. She smiled at the idea, they had begun to form an outline to the pack's system, a strange new form of leadership and underlaying ranks where the young were watched over, the yearlings apprenticed to the elder seasoned wolves and their rightful rank when they were fullfledged adults. Ceremonies to announce the papoose into the pack, upon their apprentiship and when they became adults, and when they must fall to the ash, the greatest honor of all would be given to their fallen. She smiled at the fancy of it, always they would come together, from beginning to end.

The silver and gold lady stood upon an outcrop of rocks along the harbor of the great city as she watched the otters at play along the reeds and the gulls crying as the sea delivered unto them a treasure worth plundering. She smiled as she closed her eyes as the sun struck every hair on her pelt and send a glitter across her fur. She lifted her head up high and scanned the horizon before she turned about to gaze onto the dunes and meadows that faded into the trees to the west. She rather liked the beach and the woods beyond.. she would ask Deuce what she thought of these lands, and if Hel still was interested she'd find out how the lady warrior wished to live as well, by the paw or by the foot, either way Iskata was use to the changing ways around her, but the change they would make together would be the greatest one of all, atleast she dreamed thus.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _04bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">
ooc

The stormcloud male had been around the territory for a little while, now, and was getting more and more familiar with it everyday. He wanted to say that he knew every nook and cranny of his new living space, and knew that this would be impossible without a thourough examination of each and every territory on the map. Zephyr had made a home for himself beneath a pile of rocks, digging out a very large hollow and lining it with the stones from the stack above. It gave him a sense of security, having the rocks all around. Now the stack above him had diminished a lot, so he wasn't as worried about cave ins, either.

He lay with his head sticking outside of the hole, reddish eyes looking around. He had big plans, big hopes and dreams, but nowhere to put them. Today seemed like more of a lazing-around day to him and less of a day for exploration. This was where life had put him, here, in this hole, and here was where he would stay. He only had one person to worry about at the moment, instead of the usual two or three, and was finding the break to be extraordinarily refreshing.

[/html]
Iskata was examining the sights around so strongly that she hadn't realized that the scent of another was drifting upon her. Shaking her head as she found the scent she leapt from one boulder to another as she tried to watch her footing, searching out the newcomer in her mists. She found herself perched right about his den as she stared around, it was obvious someone was here but they seemed to be playing tricks with her. She sat there twitching her tail up and down as she thought. She was hoping that the strange scent belonged to a wolf she didn't know, seeing how she was still looking for others interested in belonging to a new home, but after a moment she was beginning to realize that she wasn't really going to find the trickster without calling out. "Who's there.." her voice cast across the lands as she gazed first from the dunes then to the rocks around her and finally towards the pier jutting out to the sea. She found this slightly interesting but even more annoying that her skills were failing her.

The lady of course hadn't even thought of the fact that she could be standing upon the male, in her eyes the boulders had been nothing more than a pile of rocks. Wolves didn't live and tunnel underground, they weren't badgers or gophers. She sighed and flicked her tail back and forth as she waited for a reply, the creeping feeling that she wasn't alone wouldn't leave her until she found the owner of the mysterious scent.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _04bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">
ooc

He did not know what to do when he heard the fem speak, red eyes widening. He had not run into anyone in such a long time...he did not know what to say or do. Zephyr sat up, getting out of the hole and shaking some of the dust out of his gray coat. It is Zephyr! He called, a frown taking over his features.

He didn't even know that his own voice worked any more...he had not used it in a while. He finally saw the fem, not very far away from where he was at. The four legged male looked at her inquisitivly, still frowning. Could I ask yer name as well, lassie?

[/html]
She'd nearly jumped out of her skin when she'd heard the male's reply, her ears perked up as she turned as the shadowy male came into view. At first she'd thought it was her son DaVinci, but when the name registered she smiled as her heartbeat seemed to slow. She wrapped her tail around her paws and smiled at the newcomer. When he'd offered his name and after a few moment had asked for hers she hoped from one boulder to another to join closer to the new found wolf with the strong accent.

When she'd finally settled down closer to him she smiled and gave her name. "Iskata Sadira, and I do believe you're not from around here... if I do say so myself." She wasn't being snobby, though her words were matteroffact. The accent of the male was not from these lands and it almost seemed to remind her of the one that Firefly had returned home with from Ireland, she smiled slightly at the memory of her daughters return before turning her eyes back to the smokey male.
[html]
She wrapped her paws around her feet?

"Aye. I've only just arrived a few weeks ago, by ship. They weren't going to stop, they're on their way farther South...but I asked them to. Can't stand being cooped up in one place fer too long." She seemed pretty friendly, by his standards. He hadn't really met a lot of wolves, though, so maybe his judgement methods were different. Back home, everyone knew everyone else...so he wasn't used to meeting new people.

"I already shouted my name out...but this is a little more formal. I'm Zephyr Le Bach. Do you live 'round these parts, miss?"
[/html]
ooc: She's a human in wolfskin? My brain was dead.. it's a TAIL and PAWS. See? You're just crazy.. *coughs* or I edited it.

IC: She smiled at the boy as he explained how he came to get here, a soft chuckle rose from her throat as she teased the poor soul. "Be lucky they didn't just throw you overboard and tell ya to swim for shore..." She knew from her children who'd ventured off and about that not all ship crews were serious caring folk and some liked a good teasing game from time to time, always at a travellers expense it seemed too.

She's been so tired of being alone these few weeks that she'd started seeking Deuce out more often and the two had even come to thoughts to move their small band of gathering wolves towards a more stable area, Iskata thought she'd found it today, though it seems that she'd found someone else who'd claimed the spot his own as well. She thought it a pity but wasn't about to throw him out of his den, there was plenty of shoreline for them to settle upon, soon enough it'd be more land to support their numbers. She hoped that soon would be sooner than she was thinking.

When the male gave a formal introduction she smiled softly and admitted that she did live in these lands. "Yes, I'm from around here. Once we lived over the mountains but a fire drove us out.. now there a few packs that have set up in these new lands. A few friends and I are hoping to gather a pack of our own.. but it could be able til we're settled. What brought you here, adventure?" she wrinkled her nose at the word, knowing that if he'd known how laid back these lands were he probably would have stayed home, but she didn't suggest it just yet.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">

He had not really been abandoned here, but sometimes it felt like it. There was no one else of his kind, from his native land...so sometimes he felt like an outsider even amongst friends. Zephyr didn't know a lot about shifting, etiher, even though the wolves on the boat had been Luperci themselves. They had never shared the secret. He did not really like the idea of changing forms, though, from his natural four legged one.

"Almost did that once meself...but changed my mind at the last minute." He did not claim these lands, or any lands, really. He was a wanderer, a drifter by nature. He did not know what he wanted or who he would like to live with, if anyone, and was perfectly all right by himself. He could entertain himself for days and days...it was all that he had had to do on the ship. "Aye, adventures. Wanted to break away from home, get away from my parents for a while. I can always find a ride back up there if I need ta...but I think livin' here'll suit me just fine. Maybe not here, on this spot, exactly, but somewhere."

[/html]
She grinned at the male at the comment and chuckled softly. She knew from the stories her kids told her and the things she'd learned in the port towns just how sailors could be. Sweeping her tail back and forth happily she laughed at the idea. "I probably would have..." She wasn't one for swimming because she had to, though she did like swimming for the joy of it. She figured she could if she needed to, but that didn't mean she would have liked it. It seemed the male had a little more faith in strangers than she did, but then again she wasn't crazy enough to jump on a ship with a bunch of strangers knowing she'd be stuck with them for a long long while.

While he began to explain how he'd come to be here and while she thought about the ideas of leaving home, it seemed that everyone ended up doing it at one point or another, some returned back to their roots, some didn't, but there seemed something out there that pulled most everyone away from their birthlands atleast for a season or two. She nodded in agreement to the words he said before breaking into a grin, her eyes twinkling as she spoke. "These areas are perfect.. there's some breathtaking views and excellent hunting grounds too. but... why did you choose to make your den under a bunch of rocks?" she could tell he'd been moving the rocks from inside the den and that made her wonder how safe it was inside. She knew she really didn't want her own house to cave in on her... that would be a terrible way to die.