Chlorophyll (P. Nik)
Dated: December 1, 2011 (if that is okay with you!)

The Southern face of this mountainous region was fairer than its Northern face. Earlier in the morning, Indira had climbed to a peak. It had taken hours, and she felt the weariness in her legs as she continued her trek down the mountain. What she had seen from the peak had been astonishing. The Northern face of this mountainside was charred and sooty, but the gloom of the gray landscape seemed as though it had settled into its place for a long time. When had there been a fire here? Indira hadn’t smelled the smoke, so it had to be very long ago, perhaps even before she had been born.

The Dai-In from Ichika no-Hoen ventured out of her new home in order to learn more about the lands surrounding it. It was important to her to know what she could learn about this new place. And although she was endlessly enthusiastic about Ichika no-Hoen, she knew that there could be other resources outside of her home as well. She had found Ichika by going through the mountains, and she wanted to continue learning about them. She knew that there were other packs residing within the mountain side. In fact, she was almost sure that one pack lived inside the mountain, which was something that she could not imagine.

Indira was traversing in her bi-pedal Optime form, standing at an average height. The coywolf hybrid’s pale blue eyes traced the greener face of the mountains. Despite the fact that wintering was coming, the trees still held on to their green color, and there were still some flowers blooming in the cold early afternoon sun. Winter would fall on this land, but when? Indira wasn’t from around here, so she wasn’t quite sure. She recalled the white blanket of snow, but had been quite young the last time she had seen it. Would it be worse, this winter, colder? Or the same as before?

Words: 328, 3+
[html]

Word Count → 352 :: That's perfectly alright!

Exploration could be fun as long as you were cautious of your surroundings. You could certainly learn something from the places you visit and that included the charred landscape here. It was a sad place, a place that had fallen prey to a strong element - fire. Despite the sadness held inside of the ashen earth, it was interesting and he found himself imagining the fire in his head. The hissing and crackling of the fire, screams of trapped animals and people alike. Once it became to much for him he shook it off and tried to think of something else but his mind seemed to return to those screams. He hadn't been around when it happened, hadn't even been alive but he was sure, there were victims, there always were.

Unlike Indira who was headed down the mountain-side, he was headed up with Soka his hawk on his shoulder and his mare waiting at the base of the mountain. He was looking to find some old bones in the ash or something that might tell the tail of the great fire. It didn't take him long to realize he was not alone and he turned his icy gaze on the woman. "Enjoying the scenery? He spat without even thinking about the impact his judgmental words may have on someone else. He was tired and it was starting to get cold. Frustration was also building since he had hoped to find something by now. He was starting to think he would find nothing at all. The woman could be of help but he'd just done his normal cocky routine that had a tendency to piss people off. She wouldn't help him now.

"Doesn't seem like people come out here very often so what brings you?" Of course, she could ask him the same question but at least he had a perfectly logical answer ready for her. He wondered if she had a good enough reason for him to trust her. No matter, he new the song and dance and was easily able to step to the beats if she proved to dangerous.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Indira’s pale, icy gaze connected to the bi-colored gaze of a rather acerbic male wolf. There was another strange scent accompanying his scent. She was able to identify the scent of the pack that lived within the Halcyon mountain residing in his skin, and the airy scent of feathers. She took notice of the bird of prey accompanying him. She had never known a wolf to have a companion animal to her. Since coming here, so many things had seemed strange. But it would not be a stretch of the imagination that this stranger might have an animal companion, because her own pack boasted small herds of farm animals within their own territories.

”I am,” Indira responded to his acid words without a trace of sarcasm or offense. She did not know what was bothering him or what had prompted him to use that tone of voice with her, but she was not overly concerned. She knew that this was a neutral territory, and she had every right to be here. She did not think that he would be confrontational, despite his sarcastic words. ”I think it is quite lovely here. It is a place of contrasts.” She had never seen the aftermath of a large fire before, and she had a genuine appreciation for the lush green landscape as well. All too soon, it would be swallowed up by the winter snow.

“I’m getting acquainted with the lay of the land,” Indira answered simply, lifting her slim muzzle to gather scents carried by the cold pre-winter breeze. There was much for the new Ichikan to learn about her new home and the surrounding territories, and she was wasting no time doing just that. The medium gray coywolf turned her gaze back to the white and red-dyed male. ”Do you know much about the fire?” she asked. After all, he had asked the first questions, perhaps he had some answers of his own to give.

Words: 325, 3+
[html]

Word Count → 200+ :: ^.^

Nikkie watched the Ichikan woman with mild amusement. Truth be told he had never met someone from the pack before and wasn't sure what to expect from her so he listened carefully to her words, nodding at just the right times, a cocky smirk plastered to his face. When she in turn asked her own question curiosity got the better of him. "Not much, it happened before I was born. I've heard some stories but, I don't know if there is much truth to them or not." He was being honest too. The surrounding land was definitely beautiful, even where it was burnt but the story it told...the whispers from deep inside the ground were anything but beautiful and once again he could imagine the screams in his mind.

"I'm actually up here searching for bones or things the fire may not have burnt completely. I know it's been a while but sometimes things are overlooked or covered. Would you like to help? It may tell us a little about the fire." It wasn't normal for Nikki to be nice but why fight on a nice day? Instead he decided to offer her a smile and hoped she would accept. "I'm Nikolieth by the way but your welcome to call me Nikki. Everyone else does...." He paused for a moment. "And you are? He expected she would have more questions for him as well and that was fine depending upon what the questions were. In fact he was surprised she hadn't asked about Soka due to the way she had first looked at the hawk.

He wondered if for some reason she had never heard of companions like Soka but didn't ask since in his mind, that seemed rather silly.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
”Sure, I’ll help you,” Indira said. It did not seem like it would be a harmful situation. Despite the fact that his words had held some ire, he seemed to have rethought the way he wanted to act toward her. His attitude hadn’t bothered Indira that much. And if Nikki was willing to talk, Indira was willing to listen and even to converse as well. She had never been one to turn away a new situation or person, even if they appeared to be rough around the edges. It was too much of a risk to miss out on knowing them. ”I’m Indira,” she added.

The medium gray coywolf moved closer to the white and red wolf. Pale eyes moved to touch the hawk once again. ”Is she your friend, Nikki?” the coywolf asked, guessing the hawk’s gender. Truth be told, Indira had very little experience with birds. She had never really been near one, although she had seen them flying in the sky and flocking to their nests. The only other creatures she had been around had been those she had hunted, outside of canines. It seemed strange but also exciting to be so close to a predatory bird.

Without hesitation, Indira started walking toward the ashen side of the mountain, avoiding rocky crevices and uneven ground as she weaved her way toward her destination. ”I can just imagine the devastation this fire must have caused,” the Ichikan mused as they got closer to it. The old destruction seemed to span several miles, an unending landscape of ruinous remains. The air felt heavier on this side, laden with the ash that sometimes must have been kicked up by travelers. What had life been like before the fire? Had other packs lived here? The damage had been done before her birth, as Nikki had said.

Words 305, 3+
Nikki could be a bit bi-polar at times and he smiled when she said she's help him. He really didn't have any friends and his stubborn nature didn't help that much. When she introduced herself he nodded. "A pleasure I'm sure." unfortunately, Nikki's people skills were much in need of some help. He had never been much of a talker and when he was, it was mostly negative words that fell from his lips. The worst part was, he meant what he said, meaning if he said someone was a bitch or an asshole, he certainly meant it.

When she asked about Soka, he nodded once more. "She is a dear friend." He had always enjoyed the hawks company as well as that of the paint mare who waited patiently for him at the base of the mountain. Sure he could have rode her up but it would have been risky, she could have stepped on something he was looking for and broke it, not to mention the fact he would have had to mount and dismount.

"I have a feeling that there may have been another pack at one point in time and this fire might have ended them." As sad as the thought may be, it was not impossible. Following her into the ashy part of the mountain-side, careful of where he was stepping. Every now and then he would brush away some ash in hopes of discovering something of significance.