[M] Is That All You Got? (P) X'yrin
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Word Count → 318 :: Nikki can be such a dork at times! He needs a li'l wake up call!

His lack of trust for anyone but his family had never stopped him from asking for some help when he dyed his fur, after all there were some places that were hard to reach and could easily be botched if you weren't careful but being his stubborn self he had decided that this time, he would do it on his own and away from Anathema so no one was around to ask if he needed some help. Today he was alone, without Soka who was off somewhere hunting and without his mare who he was sure would have had some trouble with the steep mountain terrain. He wouldn't complain either, it was peaceful and the walk to the mines had been a relaxing one, not that he planned to explore deep within the mines today, it was just someplace he hadn't noticed a lot of people exploring. Sitting at the entrance he leaned against the wall of the mine and yawned loudly as he mixed the ingredients of the dye accordingly.

He hadn't taken into consideration how tired he was before coming all this way just to dye his fur and to be quite frank, he still wasn't thinking about it but the longer he sat there the harder it was to keep his eyes open. He yawned once again and stretched out a bit before his eyes finally slipped shut. Well, I'm alone and no one seems to come up here...a little doze won't hurt. As he drifted into slumber he forgot many important things which, he would regret later. First, the container he'd been mixing his dye in was not closed, meaning it could leak or be dumped. Second, what if someone did come along and spooked him? That would be a mess.

Of course when someone is as stubborn as Nikki these things aren't considered because he cannot accept that they would ever happen to him.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Tammi edit: Please don't forget to add in the mature description box! It is located in the Mature topic thread. Smile Thanks!
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Home was just beyond the ridge and yet it felt so far away. The time she spent among the lands was an… eventful turn to say the least. Most of all coming from the swift and unprovoked encounter of the canine assassin, leaving an impression upon her muzzle that would not easily be forgotten. The woman had done her best to treat the wound without the proper care or experience of a healer. She closed it with her own saliva, periodically lapping her nose when the smell of blood again burdened it. Each time it wriggled with new scent she could feel the scabbing skin split and tear once more ushering yet another wave of throbbing pain. The woman groaned with dismay, tracing a delicate claw across the wound just at the end of her muzzle. Luckily the flesh of her nose was spared but the shallow slice was proving to be more of a nuisance than she would have liked. Even more so than the avian clutching her shoulder and hooting off nonsense for the hell of it.

The Nomad walked with a steady pace, all distractions aside, toward the Mines needing that landmark to reaffirm her proper direction. Truth be told, she hadn’t the nerve to venture into it, nor the desire to tread within the abysmal chasm. The entrance was as far as she had gotten in the past and it was her firm belief that that was as far as she would get. The unnatural remnants of the cultures that inhabited this land before them held little interest to her. More so, they bothered her that such things could withstand the test of time. It made her wonder what could have carved into the mountain like this… for what purpose… to what end? She disliked these thoughts and the emotions they surfaced; the uncomfortable chill rolling down her spine mostly. Even her nameless companion was on edge as their path neared the opened maw of the mountain.

But what stilled her steps was a body strung out in front of it, still breathing by the rise and fall of his chest. Such a fair white plotted in red; the container of dye unseen as the Exultare yelped with fright at the sight of would-be blood. “Stranger! Friend are you alright?!” The startled woman rushed to the slumbering male’s side, dropping her to knees beside him and attempted to inspect his injured form. “My friend, please wake! You are hurt!”But as she was by his side, she was able to have a better look at him and was not taken by the scent of blood. Her senses may have been muted, but not dead. Even a trickle of blood would have been scented at this range but there was nothing outside of an odd medicinal tinge. Her searching eyes caught the opened container, its contents spilled with the same hue that marred the male’s natural white. What was this, she wondered. An herb? “My friend…” the woman boldly placed a hand on the other’s shoulder to gently stir him away. “Have you done something to yourself?”

ooc: 520 words. Back dated to Dec. 3rd for chronological sake.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 318 :: Oh dear!

"you were wrong about me, I don't plan to come back. I don't agree with the way this place is ran." He watched the stranger suspiciously, wondering if she would back off when she heard he had no intentions to return to his fathers pack. Unfortunately the was no such luck. Her attack came so quickly he hadn't time to react and soon found blood gushing from his left eye, pain wracking his head. His only escape was a risky but not wanting to fight while partially blinded he had made the plunge and the woman after him, assumed him dead...a fall like that couldn't possibly be survived.

His dreams had left the man restless and in his sleep he kicked and moved here and there, not noticing as the dye spilled over his snow white coat. It wasn't until the newcomer began yelling and shaking him that he awoke startled, his arm coming up to his face to shield a blow that never came. Instead the liquid dye splashed over his face and ran down his alabaster pelt, leaving him a red and white splashed mess. It almost appeared as if he'd been in a gruesome fight. His gaze locked onto the woman and he frowned, she was not his attacker but a concerned Ichika woman. "Fuck..." He muttered as he tried in vein to wipe the dye from his fur, only managing to spread the color further.

"You really know how to scare a man half to death don't you? What the hell were you thinking?" He frowned, noticing her panic and looked himself over. He honestly looked like a bloody mess. "It's just dye." He managed at last as he tried to calm himself down.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Her worry for the male was apparently ill placed as he seemed quite able to stir himself and take note of his predicament. The manner in which he addressed her bothered her only slightly, a brief appearance of offence crossed her eyes before it was doused by neutrality. “I had assumed you were injured,” she stated in defense of her actions. A delicate scowl creased her brows as she braced herself against the ground to stand. Her eyes never left the splotched fur of the male. “Apparently I was wrong to think so. I’m afraid I am not familiar with dye.”

Obviously this was for an aesthetic purpose as the female couldn’t see any reason for one to change the color of their fur. She was quite disappointed really. The male had such pristine white fur better left kept at it was and now it was stained by a horrid red, haphazardly at that. It was too inconsistent of a job to have been done purposefully… but then it was rather obvious what caused such a mess. No doubt carelessness. The woman almost felt bad for him and would have offered condolences had the brute not been so crass. Though she did pose a question if only to appease her own curiosity.

“Can you remove the dye?”

ooc: 217 words.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 318 :: ---

His single sapphire eye met her gaze with a certain disappointment. He hadn't meant to scare anyone and he certainly hadn't meant to become more red then white. Normally, he only tipped his fur white here and there. No matter, it would eventually fade and he could do it all over again, just the way he liked it but for now he looked like blood splattered snow. The thought made him chuckle as he looked up at the woman "I'm sorry for alarming you. I had thought almost everyone knew what dye was, basically you apply it to the fur to temporarily change it's color. Normally I wouldn't have this much color but as you noticed, I seemed to have dozed off."

He listened to her question and thought about it for a moment before shaking his head. "Sadly no, It will fade away with time." He wasn't to upset about it. After a quick stretch he stood and looked into the dark mines. "Care to explore with me?" He asked, tilting his head curiously. He could always use some company and he'd always been curious about this place.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The Nomad was content to leave the red stained boy be as she was still on her way in heading home, but his apology smoothed her rather cold disposition toward him, even if such words were thrown carelessly just to ease the tension. At least it was better than the silence. The she-wolf rounded her shoulders indifferently. “It’s fine,” she uttered softly. “I suppose I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions when I did not smell death on you.” Perhaps had she taken in the scent she would have left him be, placing his corpse in the hands of fate and whispering a soft plead to his ancestors to carry his soul away.

Likely, the encounter was not so morbid as that. It was entertaining if anything… if a little annoying by his attitude. She drifted a step back once the male rose to his points gesturing toward the gaping maw of the mines. A chill of dread coursed down the woman’s spine and drew her tail to slip between her thighs. “I’d… I’d rather not,” her ears fell back against her skull at the tremble of her voice, shameful of her naked fright for a non living thing. But it ‘breathed’ like it was alive. She could feel the subtle breathes of air rushing from the abysmal void hoping to lure their mislaid souls into its awaiting depths. Why would she want to give it a meal of her flesh so willingly? And why this boy for that matter?

The Nomad was frozen in place unable to tear her eyes away from the cavern’s entrance. “Perhaps…” she swallowed thickly. “Perhaps you would like to explore something else? There is another way around the mountain without crossing here…” Hastily she swept her paw back toward the path she intended to take home. “It’s much more accommodating… I assure you.”

ooc: 308 words.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Hehehe, leave it to nikki to come prepared.

In Character

Of course, Nikki had felt the mine "breathing" as well but with a little thought he had put two and two together. This wasn't the only entrance into the belly of this beast. What that meant was, the wind was pushed through, coming out of this opening. Of course he knew that his eyesight would be a problem when navigating this place and he'd made a makeshift torch that lay at the mouth of the mine. When she declined he tilted his head in curiosity. "You would wake a sleeping man whom you believed wounded but your afraid of a few tunnels? I have light." How bad could it be.

He picked up his makeshift torch and reached into the pocket of his pants with the other hand, pulling out a lighter and flicking it a couple of times before it finally came to life. He held it to the torch and it quickly caught flame. "There see, it'll be okay." He offered her a smile and held the torch towards the darkness, illuminating the area. He was pretty sure they could find some lanterns inside too. Whatever they might find he knew that this place had not been used in a long time. He had wondered if it would make a good home but he didn't think so, not unless one of the entrances was to be closed.

"Well..." He trailed off for a moment. "Are you coming or not? I don't think it'd be safe to travel it alone and if you'd like you can stay behind me just in case. He loved to explore, especially these unnatural surroundings as he found them an interesting part of history. A mystery he would have liked to solve.

<style>
.freetable-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-c03 b {color:#0c40e4;}
.freetable-c03-b {width:527px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#DDE6CF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#7185c0; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#162758; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:525px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2622/n ... abcopy.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]