in the arms of the ocean
[html]

YAYAYAYAY Technically dated the 11th of November, I guess. D:

Character Name: Sage River Lykoi

Character Age: 2

Character Gender: Female

Preferred Specialized Rank: Ma-Tzu or Tenkai, most likely.

OOC Name: Bobbi

Other Characters Played: Denver Mathis, Aemon de le Poer

OOC Second Form of Contact: AIM; Daitenshi Kotone

Character Alignment: Neutral Good

Sage had left Inferni in a flurry of mixed emotions, her thin brows knotted in thought as she and Lennon speedily made their way North yet again. After her encounter with Ezekiel, Sage had promptly gathered her most important things. Her plants had been abandoned in Inferni's greenhouse with the hope that someone would take up their care in her stead. It would be too hard on the plants to move them now, and she would not risk going back just to get them. She'd been labeled a traitor by him, and she was sure the others felt the same. What would they say if she tried to go back?

Besides, the things didn't really matter. All that mattered was getting somewhere safe, somewhere that for once felt like home, instead of the hostile, judgmental environment she'd sadly grown accustomed to. With Ezekiel so profoundly against her now, she had no reason to stay; both of her sisters had now left to go elsewhere, and the only other family that remained was distant and cold to her. Well, except for Valkyrie. She touched a creamy hand to her head, shaking it to push away the oncoming headache. Her nerves were shot, and all she really wanted to do was sleep. She had not ever wanted this stress; becoming Inferni's Optio had only made it worse, it seemed, despite all of her hope for it to be good.

The tawny coyote realized that once again, she was a wanderer without a true home. The nomadic life still called to her, but she knew that her place was with her father now. She was not a creature to be roaming alone, though, and as Sirius had made clear, she was far too vulnerable alone on the mountain. Coaxing Lennon up the mountain carefully, Sage made her way towards the place she would now call home. The same mountain she'd fractured her arm on over half a year ago was now home to a large, thriving pack run by the very same man she'd sought. She couldn't help but smile at the irony as she reached the pinnacle, golden eyes staring out at the expansive land below, the oranges and reds of the season bright in the crisp evening air. With a deep breath, she called out for him gently. This time, it was not an urgent message, but her voice was thick with emotion nonetheless.

<style>
.sage-river {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ymw8e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: palatino linotype, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-river p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-river p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-river b {color:#489a7d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
</style>image credit
[/html]
[html]

ilu<3.

Again that song rang true in the wind, like a sweet symphony of a lonely angel, whispering his ears. He found so few differences in that call from the songs of the Earthmother in the spring, and at this his heart swelled with pride and delight. How had he, the Mother's most humble of servants, come to sire children as blessed as Sage and her sisters? He thought briefly of Micah, the family's black sheep, and knew the boy to be as touched by the Mother he refused to listen to as his sisters. Perhaps, in time, Razekiel would come to welcome with open arms his salt-and-pepper son into Ichika as well.

And open arms did he have, indeed; Lark had once again lent the man his back at the time of that familiar call, and after what felt like unending minutes of riding, Razekiel once more swept from the blue roan's back and enveloped his eldest daughter in welcoming, loving arms.

"Sage, my Sage," he grinned ear to ear, holding her close. "So many visits in such little time! You're going to break your old man with all these tearful goodbyes, princess!"

He stepped back, hands on her shoulders like so many times before, and gazed deep into her eyes for the trapped emotions within. Was there hate? Fear? "Tell me, love, is everything all right?"

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

failshort! <33

When he came she was ready, already dismounted and letting Lennon hang out beside her untethered. She ran forward to meet her father's embrace, hugging him as tightly as she had before. Her stallion breathed a snorted greeting to Lark, but remained docile. He was not one to pick fights, and Lark's size nearly matched his own. Sage trusted his calm nature, though, and ignored him to laugh at her father's greeting, pulling back from him slowly to smile up at his face. "It will be, daddy," she started, glancing around as if worried that she was being watched, or listened in on. "I've come to live with you," she stated, her voice rising in excitement, knowing that he would not turn her away. "I can't stay there anymore, I just can't." She would leave the details for later; for now, she'd prefer not to dwell. Her golden eyes held darker shadows, though, and it was clear she had more on her mind.

<style>
.sage-river {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ymw8e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: palatino linotype, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-river p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>image credit
[/html]
[html]

fffffffffffffff

What had Inferni become since his most recent leave? The prince lived in such proximity, yet so far away. Still, he knew so little about the goings-on of the clan of his birth; did Kaena not still reside there, even in her old age and retirement? Did the leaders not still consult she for advice, as one of the clan's original founders? As the matriarch of the Lykoi bloodline? As one with such experience?

But Kaena was not the wholly innocent being he wanted her so much to be. A great sigh escaped as Sage rushed into his embrace — a sigh not of just relief, but of desperation. Ichika no Ho-en was too close to Inferni for any bad news to not affect them one way or another, but perhaps with his daughter on the peaceful pack's side there would be some measure of protection.

When he leaned back to see her, he smiled with a lingering sadness; to hear Inferni had caused such trauma to her soul brought him great worry. Even if he no longer belonged there, never would he wish terror on the coyotes that still remained. "Peace, flower, peace," he cooed, tucking a hand behind her head and holding her tight. "Of course you can stay, man, there's no question there. You'll stay with your old man until you can divvy up a little shack of your own, yeah? Come, I'll take you."

Sweeping back up on Lark, he motioned for she to join with Lennon and started the lead in a slow walk. "Tell me what's happened," he queried gently, compassion deep in his straw-hued eyes.

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

derrrr

As was expected, her father was more than understanding. She had known he'd let her stay, and it was what she wanted more than anything else now. But still, she felt a strange emptiness where Inferni had once been. The clan had been her project of sorts, but she had been unable to complete anything she'd set out to do. Too few of it's members held the same ideals as she, and even Ezekiel shunned her way of thinking. It was clear to her that she would not be welcome back there, and that thought alone made her gravely worried.

Sage nodded sadly to her father as she climbed back up onto Lennon's back. The horse was placid and clearly unaffected by the situation, but the tawny coyote would certainly explain as much as she could to her confused steed later. They were a team, after all, but despite the stocky horse's apparent care for the girl, she could not communicate everything to him. Razekiel, though, she could.

The green lands that had once been foreign sprawled out before them as she followed him, her mind reeling with a million different thoughts. He wanted the story, and she swallowed, pausing before she was able to form the words; what exactly had happened? All Sage knew was that her former Aquila now considered her a traitor, and he had made it clear that her choice barred her from those lands. "I... I don't know," she started, still collecting her frantic thoughts. "I can't go back. Ezekiel... he thinks I'm a traitor. I don't know what to do," she whimpered, her voice filled with all of the emotions she felt: fear, sadness, rejection... and the hope that was slowly returning. She was not sure which to listen to, but Sage wanted to badly to be happy. Assuming all went well, she would know that happiness again soon enough.

<style>
.sage-river {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ymw8e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 225px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
</style>image credit
[/html]