A dream within a dream.
[html]
Light filtered through the trees, largely bare in the cold air. It dappled on his already mottled coat, blending him into the forest floor around him. There was even enough red on his fur to blend him into the terrible scene around him.

Fischer groaned, his fingers clenching, and when they closed on wet fur he opened his eyes. He gazed at his paw, carefully disentangling it and slowly flexing his fingers, sticky with blood. Not his blood. Not his fingers. Fischer closed his eyes and turned his head away, pushing with his other hand in the wet mud. He slipped and fell face-first against the- Don't think. With a sudden push he was on his unsteady feet, and rocked back several paces.

His foot struck something and he hopped to a stop. It was not processing. He was not here.

Suddenly gripped with terror, Fischer turned and fled. His legs were long and powerful, shaggy in the thigh and hip, and his stride was driven by instinct deeper than flight. He was still ungainly on his newfound feet, unable to turn swiftly, and so he struck many trees as he dashed through the silent forest. Fischer ran as hard as he could muster, forcing himself until he thought his heart might burst. His head grew light, his shoulder collided with a tree, and he was thrown off his course and into a ravine.

Everything ached. His bones, his muscles, his head throbbed in unison. He curled up into a ball and whimpered, digging his claws into his legs. He wanted nothing more than to stop existing. What have I done? A tiny voice in his head shouted, "You did it, you escaped!" but he paid it no heed. He had abandoned his brother. He had killed other wolves. They had made him into a mockery of a hunter, a two-legged thing that betrayed its wild roots. Parts of his family had long ago been in kind with man. They had desperately wanted to leave that world behind. And now, there were wolves that were men.

He was one of them.
[/html]

Ta-da!

I'm going to go with Fischer's escape having occurred through Drifter Bay and past Inferni. The dead werewolves are located just around Musquedoboit Valley (I hope I spelled that right) and he's run about an hour east and south.
[html]

OOC by the way, you don't want to meet Amy. She's an evil slave trader/killer. Terra's in lupine

After her escape Terra was trying to make her way back to the pack. The cut on her muzzle hurt, causing her to whine softly when the wind whipped against it. She was pretty lucky having come out with just that. If she'd stuck around Terra was pretty sure she'd be dead. Still, her luck had rang true and Terra was alive and well, happily making her way down.

She was just minding her own business when the scent of blood struck her. At first Terra thought the cut on her muzzle had dripped into her nose, but it wasn't her own blood she was smelling. Curious as always she followed the scent the best she could, occasionally misdirected by her own blood. She got there though, and entered a clearing where a large hybrid sat, curled up.

Terra sat down, studying the stranger. She could see no reason for him to be like that. The blood was cloying, obviously of other wolves. If he was injured though, Terra didn't think he'd remain in the open like that. If she was badly injured enough to need to stop, she would have wedged herself some place where she couldn't be killed. What are you doing?

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]
[html]
"What are you doing?"

He hadn't even heard her approach. There would be no use in quickly fleeing now, if she was one of his captors. He doubt he could make it ten paces without collapsing. Fischer unrolled himself and sat up stiffly, keeping his eyes downcast. She was not a trader, he thought, because she was a wolf. A real wolf, proudly standing on four solid feet. How hideous he must appear, to her.

"I escaped to here, miss," he said softly, trying his best to sit like an actual animal. "You may want to leave me... I think it's contagious."

He didn't know how they turned him, but he didn't want to be responsible for giving it to another wolf. Hopefully it wasn't an airborne disease.
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

She watched the hybrid unroll from his furled position. It was funny seeing him all bundled up like that. His attempts to sit like he was in lupine form alerted her to the fact that he was new to shifting. That was a little odd considering how old he was, but she had been told it was contagious. Being told to escape from a contagious something or other was surprising.

Terra cocked her head to the side, curious as a young puppy. What exactly is contagious? You look funny sitting like that. She was just a fountain of sympathy. The poor guy was sitting here, obviously upset and in pain, and Terra picked that time to point out that he looked funny sitting the way he was. Still, she wanted to help him out. It would be entertaining, even if nothing else came out of it.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
</style> [/html]
[html]Sorry for the delay there, puppies and life and whatnot =3

She was tilting her head to the side, trying to assess him, but she didn't look scared at all. Maybe he wasn't as ungainly as he thought he was? He was certain that if he tried to stand on four legs, his knees would be too far, and he would be almost twice her height. There was no mistaking that he was deformed.

"What exactly is contagious? You look funny sitting like that," she said to him, and then looked uncomfortable. Her expression reminded her of a packmate at home, with her slender face and curious eyes. Fischer frowned.

"I was a normal wolf, and then some monsters made me this," he said, raising his arms outwards and gesturing to himself, as if he were dirty. His brow furrowed farther. "I don't know how they did it, but it hurts." Now he wasn't just thinking of one packmate, but many. His mother, his uncle, cousins, sisters, pups. All gone forever. They would not recognise him as one of their own.

"I want to go home," he said quietly, plaintively, his arms dropping again. He didn't need them to sit up, he found, so he just let them hang.
[/html]
[html]

OOC

She listened to the wolf speak, gaining understanding about the situation. So this was a made luperci. Apparently he didn't understand how it worked at all, from the way he was talking. Terra was absolutely delighted with this, having never found someone who had just had their first change. There was her own, but that had been rather uncomfortable, and there was a lot of things going on to distract her from what had happened.

Terra grinned playfully at the other wolf, ignoring the comment about wanting to go home. There was no going back, only moving forward. Only a weakling tried to live in the past. Besides, what was happening right now was much more interesting. I don't know how they did it either. I've never met someone who's been infected before.

Moving closer Terra shifted into her optime form, the stretch of her bones and muscles a natural movement for her. She reached down and touched the wolf's cheek. Do you know how to change back? He didn't seem to know much at all about luperci, even less than Terra did. For her it was all instinctual, something she was born knowing. Explaining it to someone else would be difficult.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]