Like a knife to the throat
Backdated to Nov 30th, evening
3+

She was furious and that anger showed as she strode through the vineyard. She was searching for Nayru to bring some justice to this wrong. Ever since Samantha had left over ten days ago the woman had been trying to find Nayru and talk to the crimson eyed woman but she had proved elusive. But one night whilst returning home she had caught the Alpha's scent and after a quick trip home Jace had departed, leaving Temo to look after their small children. How dare Shiloh, how dare she! Jace had known when she first met her that there was something wrong with the girl but to attack a former member of Ichika for her choice of mate.. it was maddening and Jace had to fight to urge to find the burned girl and punish her personally.

But no, she would leave that to the leaders. This was their territory and Jace had no authority, for her to act on her anger would make her on level with Shiloh and that would not stand, Jace would not allow herself to sink that low. Jace would now never be able to trust the grey woman, she had attacked one that used to be her own, that made her unpredictable and dangerous, a threat to everyone including those most vulnerable, the children. Jace's own, Wretch and Eclipse and even the child she had found and was attempting to raise, all were in danger now.

"Nayru! Nayru are you here!" A far away voice came to her and she broke out into a quick jog, her paws eating up the ground. It was just her luck that Nayru was at the other end of the vineyard from her and so it took Jace several minutes to reach her. When she did her body language was still angry, her legs stiffened and fur bristling. The pulling back of her ears and slight lowering of her tail was the only respect she could give at the moment, too wound up to function properly,

"Nayru, theres been an incident, I've come to report it to you."
[html]

OOC:
Word Count:307

This day progressed like all others. The sickness came in waves. Some days were better than others and she spent them searching for items, searching for a more permanent place than her various sleeping spots. It was perhaps this nomadic way of life, within the borders of Ichika, that had made her harder to find. It was the short excursions outside of the pack boundaries, to who knew where, that perhaps kept her from ear shot. Despite the instinctive nesting, the search for a den or home, the unending hunger, Nayru was still skilled at ignoring the growing bulk of her belly. It was this task, ignoring her predicament, she was engaged in as she sat underneath the vines, hoping the snow will soon fall thick, when she heard her name being called out.

Yet though the sickness came onto her again today, but the time Jace found her, resting in the vineyards now empty of work, it had subsided and Nayru pulled herself to her tiny feet. The woman seemed in a rush, but ever the controlled lady that she was Nayru did not skip the customary bow to her friend. "Namaste Jace. Slow down." The lady unclasped her hands from in front of her and peered at the woman with concern. An incident? Nayru let no emotion over take her, though her mind raced through what the possibilities might be. A death? So soon after Arye's? A fire? No, she would have smelt smoke. Something else then… Jace came to her as was proper though, one of her council, and Nayru addressed her with her proper title. "What is it my Yakuso? " The Jiryu let her soft smile slide away, allowing her mood to match Jace's own so that the lady would feel more comfortable in whatever words it was she had to speak.

<style type="text/css">
.nayrubycait b {font-weight:bold; color:#e86856; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayrubycait .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayrubycait p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayrubycait {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:#90080a; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/kdjqcw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dc5609; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
3+

The eyes of the woman were not so blinded by anger that she was oblivious to the changes that had overcome the respected leader. And was all over again even more angry at Shiloh for now what should have been a joyous occasion, reunion between two who were friends was now ruined and contaminated with conversations of blood and pain. Still she managed a small smile that was almost a grimace and a wag of her tipped tail. Later when this atrocity was over they could be happy and excited for what was to come. Her children would have playmates not of their own blood by the time they were three months old.

The bow was returned for as fevered as she was she could not throw aside the bonds of decency even though she had embarrassed herself by allowing Nayru to bow first, it just wasn't done. "Namaste Jiryu, apologies for my whirlwind arrival." She grimaced again and twisted her hands together within each other. Nayru looked ready to fall over and Jace found it hard to believe she had looked like this during her own pregnancy although the multihued woman had been extraordinarily lucky not to suffer sickness and other ailments. She resented being the cause of the smile that disappeared from the cow patterned woman's face.

She let her emotions fall from her face, the black muzzled dog displaying what could be best described as a poker face, a blank slate.

"A while ago Shiloh Grant attacked a previous member of Ichika, Samantha Jarret, at the borders over the mate that Samantha has taken in Anathema. Samantha was left with scarring on her face. I'm only just telling you this now because I, myself found out about ten days ago and have attempted to contact yourself but you've been... elusive." Her tone of voice reverted to extreme formality as did her speech patterns, afraid that if she showed emotion it would become too much for her and her control would snap.
[html]

OOC:
Word Count: 350

Nayru merely nodded as Jace apologized and gave her own greeting, having already excused the woman's hurried behaviors. Nayru took no offense at the customs being forgotten, for surely Jace had good reasoning, and even so Nayru was not one to adhere to steadfast to rites and rituals between friends. That she never failed to act out the rites herself did not mean she always expected the others to remember to. Yet this was quickly left behind as Jace went on to incident she had referred to. Nayru let the words soak in, the last few settling sourly in her stomach which was prone to fits of illness as it were. "Ah, yes. I have been… ill." And yet Nayru's eyes caught Jace's then and the woman who had been the first to give Ichikan children surely could recognize the source of Nayru's sickness.

Yet that would have to be placed aside, for though if anyone Nayru wanted to share words with it was Jace, there were more immediate issues at hand. Shiloh? The girl they had taken in, around the same time as Samantha if Nayru recalled correctly, had attacked the lady from Anathema? Nayru's heart jolted at the thought. Any aggression was against Ichikan laws, but certainly such an act towards their closest neighbors was far more concerning. The lady did not hesitate, it had to be dealt with as soon as possible. "I will called Shiloh. If she doesn't come soon, we shall go looking for her." Nayru had always been an expert tracker, if the girl did not appear Nayru would find her, whether in or outside of Ichika. "You will stay here with me?" Though the words were poised as a question they were truly a request from the Jiryu. Although Nayru feared nothing the state of her own body made her more cautious. It was better to have a witness to whatever words transgressed between her and Shiloh anyway. Waiting only long enough for Jace to give her consent, Nayru threw back her head, her long and low melodic howl calling out for Shiloh Grant.

<style type="text/css">
.nayrubycait .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayrubycait {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:#90080a; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/kdjqcw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dc5609; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
lol dashy short post

She watched the play of emotions of Nayru's face, feeling no malice or pleasure from the news she had to bring. Jace did not want to see Shiloh suffer, far from it in fact but she did want justice to be handed out. Shiloh had broken the laws of Ichika, the very bonds and fibers that held them together. She would had expected the same if it had been herself or even one of the leaders to be in the wrong. Actions did not happen without consequence. She nodded her consent

"Of course Jiryu. I will stay with you." She stood side by side with the leader as her call faded away, hopefully Shiloh would come to them, Jace would hate to have the pregnant leader traipsing everywhere looking for her.
Shiloh had just put Sarian down for a nap when she heard the call of her Alpha. This was her first time meeting the woman and Shiloh threw on the cloak Orin gave her before setting Sarian down with Kiara. She left the apartment swiftly, running towards the echoing sound of her Alpha. She didn't know what was going on. As Nayru came in to view so did the woman.... Jace if she remembered from the field. She kneeled before Lady Nayru, keeping her eyes down cast and her posture submissive. "You call me my Lady? This is my first time being in your presence. I hope nothing is wrong. I wish not to stress you. I thank you for taking me in so many moons ago," she said softly, staying on the ground where she had knelt.

Something was wrong, she could feel it. The woman Jace had hated her from the start and Kavi threatened to come out, her hackles rising some as she fought to leash her down. Had she done something to the woman? Shiloh hadn't talked to Jace since the day in the field. She trembled. What was going on?
[html]

OOC:
Word Count:

Shiloh came swiftly and the prompt response pleased Nayru. Although she did not smile, neither did Nayru show any anger or resentment towards Shiloh. Still, she was an Ichikan, and the Lady Nayru clasped her hands together and gave Shiloh Grant the traditional Ichikan greeting to the submissive bow Shiloh gave her. "Namaste Shiloh." She remembered the girl from Samhain, her fixation on X'yrin, the emotional outburst she had had. And yet Nayru only motioned for the girl to rise, nodding to her words. "I'm sorry we have not properly met before this moment, and I'm also sorry that these circumstances are somewhat unfavorable." Never had Nayru had to reprimand anyone in Dahlia de Mai, nor had she in Ichika. And yet, there was indeed a first time for everything.

"We are glad that you have found a home in Ichika no Ho-en, however I have just now been made aware of something I wish to speak with you about." Nayru paused, wondering if Shiloh could guess at what issue was at hand just then. "Jace has informed me of some action you took some time ago… She had told me that you have attacked Samatha Jarret on our borders? Scarred her face? " Nayru's cherry eyes were mostly curious, for she did not outright accuse the girl of such events, but poised the words into a questions, seeking confirmation. Nayru knew Jace above false words, but she could not administer any sort of punishment without all sides of the story, including that of Shiloh.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
is there a post order

Shiloh copied her leader and repeated her words. She stood but kept her gaze lowered. She had not left a great reaction with the pack during the last festival. She didn't remember most of the festival but she knew she had made a fool of her self. What did her alpha think of her? She knew she was grotesqe looking because of her scars and she wished to cover herself better with the cloak she wore

Shiloh froze, her eyes wide. It took her a moment to remember what had happened. "Yes my lady. It was I who attacked her. I do not regret what I did to her. I could have done more but I am above what her mate did to me. I sought to give him a warning. He should not have beat me in Aniwaya. That night he took everything from me. I am not saying Samantha deserved it but he deserves to feel how I feel. I am sorry if this has caused conflict or hurt Jace's feelings. I did not know you were close..." she said with a soft smerk. Why did Jace hate her so?
3+

She did not offer Shiloh a greeting nor a bow of her head and neither did she receive one from the burned woman and stood stoic and cold as the two exchanged pleasantries. At best her expression could be considered blank and at worst simply uninterested. An ear was half cocked on the proceedings whilst the other one was loosely held, the floppy end dangling. As long as Shiloh received her punishment, whatever it was that Nayru decided to give her then Jace would be happy and would walk away from the whole mess that Shiloh had caused. Anathema could have taken offense at attack and decided to counter attack, in that case Jace would have handed Shiloh over without a second thought, in the hybrid's mind she was no longer looking at pack but at an outsider who was simply allowed to reside inside of pack grounds and mooch off their good nature.

She kept all her opinions to herself however, trusting in Nayru's judgement and ability to handle her own members. She simply stood with her arms crossed gazing at both the woman in her view. She felt pity for Shiloh that her state of mind was thus that she felt she could justify attacking an innocent person as a warning to another. Jace herself was not a sinless person but when she wronged someone who did not deserve it she felt the appropriate guilt and shame, Shiloh it seemed did not. Jace did not know how Nayru would handle this case and was glad that at times like these that she was not a leader, Jace had not the unwavering patience to be a leader for she was too hot headed sometimes with her words and actions.

She remained distant from the whole thing, she was just a bystander really, someone called forth to present evidence, nothing more and nothing less.
[html]

OOC:
Word Count:427

The words of the scarred girl reached her and Nayru eyed her, garnet orbs taking in all the tiny details of Shiloh. Nayru could not know all the background to what had happened in Aniwaya, but she recalled that the outburst at Samhain had revolved around that. Whatever had transpired had truly scarred Shiloh in one way or another, but no matter how that was spun Samantha was not at fault, and yet had somehow been made to suffer. That the Ichikan before her could so carelessly assault another made a chill crawl up through Nayru's spine, and she was sure that the silent woman beside her felt the same. Shaking her head gently, Nayru considered her words carefully.

"No conflict has been caused and Jace's feelings have nothing to do with this," Jace was undeniably a friend to Nayru, but the woman beside her now acted as the Yakuso and not as a personal confidant of the lady. "What troubles me is that your actions work against the values that Ichika no Ho-en holds dear. Aggression towards any canine is forbidden, especially that of our own family. Samantha is our sister, though she resides not in our lands. The actions of her mate are not her own, you cannot punish another for deeds they have not wrought." It would be different then, yes, Nayru knew that evil must be subdued, but Samantha had done no evil, only made the mistake of loving another, whoever that male was.

"What this male deserves, I have no authority to say, but I can say that no member of Ichikan may in such a manner. You have brought shame to our ranks. " Nayru sighed, wondering if the words had gotten through to the girl at all, and yet she seemed to show no remorse for harming the Anathema lady. The smirk she had thrown them, as if Jace and she were conspiring also stuck with Nayru and the woman believed that perhaps they had been too hasty in granting Shiloh responsibility so soon. "Do you know the meaning of the Sunya rank? If you do not, you will learn soon for that rank is to be your's. It shall be your's until you demonstrate that there is peace within your heart, as should be of all Ichikans. You may speak now, or you may be dismissed." Nayru would allow her words, allow her defense, but the decision had been made and garnet eyes bore into those of the other, curious and sad, wondering if the girl could ever understand.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh listened to her lady. She hadn't been kicked out of Ichika. She had been deranked. Peace. Shiloh would never find peace. She looked up at her alpha before bowing to her. The pain in her chest was coming back. She was going to have to leave soon. She had brought shame to herself. "Forgive me my lady. I deserve what ever you deem fit. I will not take back what I did. If you knew, truely knew what happened to me then you would know.... there will never be complete peace in my heart and mind. I am broken my lady. And no one but my child and Kiara understand me. Forgive me for going against your laws." she whispered softly, holding her leaders crimson gaze with her own jade one.

She saw curiosity in her alphas eyes and sadness. Shiloh was used to these feelings from other. That and pity. She was tired of those looks and she bowed to her leader once more before taking her leave before Kavi took over. Shiloh couldn't hold back her tears of pain and she walked away from the woman. Everything always came back to bite her in the butt. Only Sarian could look upon her with love and trust. Shiloh was not normally a violent person. At the time she had though Sam was Rain. At least she still had a home. At the moment that was all that mattered to her. That Sarian was safe.
3+

Retribution had been dealt and it's hand was felt sharply. Demotion to the Sunya rank seemed a fitting punishment for Shiloh. She had not the capacity in her heart to follow the rules set in her current rank so the removal of her responsibilities gave her the time to try to refocus herself and perhaps find the peace and calmness within herself. Jace was pleased with the outcome as the grey female walked away from them, hopefully her time in the omega rank would teach her the wrong of her actions and way of thinking. Jace had every reason to hate the young girl, Shiloh had mouthed at her for no reason and attacked a close friend again without reason or logic and yet she did not, she merely tired of her company quickly, finding the constant drama and disrespect annoying and unneeded.

Jace had no knowledge of her mental condition and even if she did it wouldn't change her opinion much, Jace believed that weakness was chosen and that if one wallowed in it and allowed it to take over then they were no better than the people that chose to give in to the darkness and become evil. The hybrid ruffled her fur as the punished disappeared from sight, only now did her emotionless mask fall from her face. She was weary and tired, her angry still remained but it simmered now instead of boiled unchecked, the woman could control herself. She waited for Nayru to say something first, not wanting to misstep her boundaries and make the pregnant fae angry with her for her words.

Instead she discretely gestured towards the place that Nayru had been sat before she had come along, if the Jiryu did not wish to sit and rest then they could both pretend she had not offered her hand but if she did then the offer of assistance was there
[html]

OOC:
Word Count:

The woman—now Sunya—accepted her rank with as much dignity as could be mustered. Nayru merely nodded at the apologies that came from the woman's lips, and yet still Shiloh regretted not what she did. The words she spoke frightened the Jiryu, for the Compassionate Dragon feared that one day Shiloh might have to removed from the ranks altogether. If the woman believed she could never find peace, and without peace she acted out against those such as Samantha, how could they trusted her as an Ichikan? Yet Nayru only watched as the girl removed herself the group. All believed that their situation was unable to be understood by others, and yet Nayru knew that most all of these souls were ruled by emotions, blinded often by what they felt rather than what they knew.

Standing with only Jace, the Yakuso said nothing but gestured for Nayru to return to her position, resting on the vineyard grounds. Nayru merely shook her head though. She knew she should go and find Razekiel, tell him of what had transpired, but she was worn and weary from the interaction. "I am tired Jace." Slowly she picked out her course, turning towards the path that would lead them to Gampo Abbey. Often it was there she took a room among the Herald class that dwelt within the walls, and there she could find a warm bed and a good meal.

"I am going to rest." And with that she began to move away, her body still slim and slender but she walked with a certain lumber, that would only grow as the days came and went.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]