Cold winds
It was a beautiful place. She'd forgotten just how beautiful. Covered in snow, she awoke, and confirmed that the evening before had not been a dream. The lake was within her view, little flakes falling all around it, all around her. She looked straight up into the face of the sky, at the clouds, and smiled a little, remembering. She'd been so young and innocent for such a long time. She had explored other places, other worlds, and was sorry she had. No, she thought, not sorry. You had to know what was out there, and she was glad she'd seen it all, and that she could truly know now that she didn't want to see anymore. No matter how hard she tried out there, she couldn't forget where she grew up, and her last name. Sadira. And Sadiras belonged in Clouded Tears. She had begun to wonder if her home even had a Sadira at all by now, and if she could find it even if she had wanted to.

It took ages, but she found it. And Laruku. She was glad to see that he was still here. Melisande knew now that he was not truly her brother, but she had spent such a long time thinking that he was that it would always be the way she thought of him. She had yet to investigate who else was here, deciding to take everyone in one at a time. There would be new people and old people, just as there always were, and she would make it a point to become aquainted or re-aqauinted with every individual this time. Because this time, she was here to stay.

Presently, the little white wolfess got up, shaking the snow from her fur. She walked toward the frozen lake, and then stopped, looking out over it just as she had as a tiny pup, with her brother and sister, her mother, her father... her father. She looked down at her paws, wondering why he'd left.
The shifted lady had gathered her shaw around her shoulder, taking out to the lands looking around, and seeing all the old sites that she had played in as a child. With in the years that she had last been here, she had let her mane grow, now she had long silver locks, with a wave to them. She didn't braid them like her birth mother, she let them flow free, maybe soon she would cut her hair again, but that was something she would think about later. She was still that tom-boy at heart, having a mate and a child didn't take that out of her.

The sliver lady looked around that lands, seeing the site of the white female, Konane, lowered her head with a sigh and shook it. It was one of his children, from his mate with her adopted sister Colibri. Which one was it? the female hadn't seen any of them in so long that it was sad. She was the one that stood by his side and help raise them, when she wonder off. She was the one that help him hurt for the pups and feed them when Colibri decided she wasn't ready to have pups any more.

Though it had seemed that after the white sister of her regained her metal well being, she turned the family against them. The two had been looked down upon by his mother for there love. That was part of her reason for leaving with him in the first place.

Konane was left standing there looking at the once child, that had grown. Did she hate her like her birth mother would have loved to her?
Melisande looked up, to see the female nearby. She didn't recognize her to see her, and opened her mouth to introduce herself. But when she was about to speak, the scent hit her, one from long ago, a familiar scent, and one she'd never known how to feel about. She shut her mouth, hardly able to recall the femme's name, now. She searched for it, for a moment. The wolfess who had stolen her father away from her, and whom she'd known that her own mother had disliked. Did she dislike this shifted creature now? Could she really find it in her heart to feel the same way Colibri had? Now she thought of her mother, and the images brought only sadness. As a pup, she remembered her mother leaving, coming and going as she pleased. She would always love her, but she would never feel so close with her as she once had with her father. As much as she wanted to beleive everything her mother said... she couldn't help but trust her father.

"Konane?" The name came to her, suddenly, and she spoke it out loud. Then, instead of saying anything polite or meaningless, she asked the question as it came to her. She had to know the answer, she just had to know. "Does this mean my father came back too?" As much as it had broken her heart to know that he had gone, to have realized that he'd left knowingly without so much as a good-bye, Melisande's heart leapt at the mere thought of his return. She'd always hoped she would see him again, but she'd never dared to think about it until now.
The silver female knew of so many things that she could say to the child, well now adult, but she was a child with in her eyes. The lady knew that some of her thoughts of things to say would only start a fight or put a rift in the family, more then what there already was. Her ways to have what her heart truly wanted had put the rift there to being with. Her words and spoken thoughts could only push it further, or they could start healing the rift. The choice was for her to make which way to go.

She only think she knew to do was to think, slowly. Clearly and slowly. She gave a nod, of course her white prince was never that far behide. She would have never came back to these lands with out him, she had regained most of her past thoughts after she hit her head on a rock in the forest. Konane could only smile softly as she stopped her nodding. "He didn't want to leave you behide. He thought you would be happier that way. We're back now though, with your step-brother." Her voice was soft, and motherly like. What had happened to the silver young child, that wanted to see Summer in pain. How did this soft voice female come out of the shell that she wanted to make around "her" family, and "her" children.
A step-brother? She didn't even know where her real siblings were, how could she possibly have had a step-brother without knowing? Melisande cocked her head, about to tell this female that she had only Mew and Haku, and they were nowhere to be found. But then she realized, that she didn't know. First of all, she'd been gone a long time. Second, if she had a step-brother, that would mean that Konane was his mother. She looked at her feet, not sure how to feel about this. Yes, she wanted her father to be happy. Yes, she had never totally agreed with everything her own mother did. She couldn't say that leaving for a time wasn't okay, because she'd done it herself. And even being in another relationship was alright. You couldn't really help that. But Melisande couldn't help but think now that her father had wanted to start over with his new mate. He wanted to go somewhere else, and be happy without the burden of his children and former pack, and so he started a new family.

She couldn't resent anyone for it. It wasn't the pup's fault, obviously. She didn't like or dislike Konane, thus far. She seemed to simply be the wolfess that Lisi chose to partner with for his adventures, and she was nice enough. Melisande still felt that Ko could never love him the way that she did, and hoped that she wouldn't decide to steal him away from her. She doubted that would happen, though. And Lisi himself... she would have been mad, if she wasn't so glad that he was back. So instead of stating her confused feelings, she looked up again, as understandingly as she could be, and asked a more simple question. "So... where have you been then?"
Konane understood why the young she coyote didn't want to look at her. There was the whole step mother thing that not many children liked. Konane hated Summer for moving on to Noah so quickly after Echo had left. Though Konane had pushed Lisichka to understand that the mother to of the children wasn't coming back. Though this was after many night of stocking him, and a few staying in his den, making love and helping with the care of the pups. The male slowly came to his right mind and made the choice to have her stay around longer to help with the tasks.

"I couldn't tell you where, I lost a lot of my memories from falling. But I know we passed over a huge body of water."

The silver mother sat down upon the ground, she would let the white child ask all the questions to help bring father and daughter back together. She didn't care if the white child came out hating her, but her father was something that she wasn't going to take.

"Missy, if you have any question, ask them dear."
She'd lost her memory from falling, then. Melisande wondered briefly how she had fallen, but it was probably a long story that had nothing to do with her or her father. So she didn't bother to ask. What other questions did she have. She looked up, studying the older female before her. She had silver fur, shining in the sunlight, and dotted with the white of the snow falling. Her face was caring and honest, straight forward, even. She knew that the things this female said would not be lies. She had plenty of questions. Why didn't our mom stay? Where are my siblings? Did you really steal my father away? Will my father be staying?

Some of these she already knew the answer to, and the others she knew that this other female couldn't answer. The wolfess sat down, and looked out at the forest. Only one thing really mattered here. She looked back, straight into the face of this stranger, not so strange when she thought about it, and asked her only question. "Do you love my father?" She already knew the answer to this, too. But it was more important that Konane knew.
The grey female knew that there was nothing she could do to help the feelings that Colibri had placed with in there head, even if they didn't believe any of it, there was still that voice with in there head repeating things that she had told the kids about the two of them. She knew that voice could remain for a life time even if they had thought that none of it was real. Konane loved to be able to to any one about that. She still come time suffered from the crap that Summer put her thought as a child.

Konane had more then enough female's in her life. Even if she had done many things in her life looking back some one should have smacked the crap out of her. Smoking and drinking and any thing else that she knew that would make the pups sick and deathly ill, she didn't want them, she knew she was to young, she thought she couldn't have any more, but some how she had one more litter after that. She was blessed, she was blessed having her little boy. Her silver head looked down to her paws then lifted her head up looking to the sky, thinking about her step-daughter's question.

Did she love this male? If there was chance for any one to come along and offer her, there heart would she take it? The female gave a laugh thinking about her-self being with any one else.

"I love him with ever fiber in my body. I want nothing more for all of us to be a family again."
At first Konane had only laughed, and filled Melisande's heart suddenly with doubt. Then she realized that she wasn't laughing about it in a bad way, but laughing because, perhaps, she was that happy. That content. As she spoke, Melisande smiled. She wanted that too. She wanted to be a family again. "I want that too," she said. She did want her mother back too, but her mother didn't want her back. So that must be overwith, and she would take what family she had left, and love them all the more for it.

"I miss Haku and Mew," she announced, almost without her own permission. She did miss them, even though they hadn't been incredibly close, she hadn't seen Haku since they were pups, and Mew since they were young adults. She wondered where they were now, and decided not to think too hard about it.
The mother figure watched the white youth. She was hurting do bad, she wanted her family and she was happy with the one that she had, she could see it in her eyes, but she wanted them all back. Even the grandmother, Ceres Sadira that had passed away. The silver lady nodded as the youth spoke about her family.Missing her brother and sister, she knew all about. Her and Fineas had been close, they had plotted together as pups, and she watched him fall in love with his mother's friend. She knew the pain to well of where the child was coming from.

She knew there was nothing that would numb the pain any, the only thing she knew that would even offer any help was to show her love, love that any one would love to have. Offering the white female a nuzzle, she made sure that the female knew that there was still some one out there that cared.

"I know Missy, but you've got to look forward. Keep them in your heart and you'll be fine"
She smiled. That was a good thing to say, and it was something she would be sure to do. She would keep them in her heart forever, just as she would her lost best friend, her mother, her grandmama, and the rest of those who she had not seen for a long time, and doubted she would see again. Maybe they would surprise her and appear again one day, but she couldn't dare to expect that of them, so instead she would just make sure to remember them.

Melisande decided that she and this female before her could be friends, at least. She couldn't bring herself to think of her as family in the same way that she thought of Lisi and Hamlet and the Great Mother, but maybe she would, once she got to know her. "Where is your family?" Melis asked, realizing that she didn't know much about where Konane came from, and hadn't ever heard anyone talking about it or even bothering to ask in the past. It was about time someone cared about her, she thought to herself, although her father had obviously gotten to that task before anyone else.
Where was her family? Last time she had seen her Aunt she was a Beta of a pack in these lands. She lived with her for a while before Lisi came back to get her and take her back to the pack lands that she belong to. Konane lowered her head, pulling her-self away. She hated talking to her family, she was a syntax error'd child, she made a choice to stay away from one of her mother's and live with her father, and he was dead. She sighed smiling back to the white child softly, she was fooling her-self thinking that no one still watched her from the other side.

"My family is where I need them the most, in my heart. They help me deal with issues I come across."

Konane couldn't let the fact that it hurt her so bad that she didn't have the family that she wanted still around, she was sitting here telling her mate's daughter to be strong and not to let the fact that she was alone to bother her. Konane knew if she could be strong and make it her whole life with out being up-set then there was no reason that the child before her couldn't be strong.

"Missy, you should see your father soon. I'm sure he would love to see you. He couldn't' wait to get back here to see you. "
She nodded, understanding. This female was in the same situation she was. Well, not the same - Melisande still had plenty of family around here who she could love and still learn from. And talk to, of course. The woman before her didn't even have that. She had to miss and remember her whole family, and Melisande couldn't help but think that was a little bit sad.

Her life was nothing to mope about, she decided suddenly. She would love them all, miss some of them, and cherish the ones she still had left. That was all she could do, after all, wasn't it? Now this... step-mother, she supposed, she wanted her to see her father. "I would love to see him too. More than anything in the world." She smiled, knowing that this was the truth, and the beginning of a healing process for them all.

ooc - we could probably wrap this up soon. It seems done.
OOC: Yeah, it was nice to have a thread with you.

The silver colored female wanted to offer the white child the love like a mother could offer, however she wasn't sure if now was the right time. The silver female knew where she was young, and lost. Her father had up and left her, and was now back with a child to boot with him. Surely the child would feel like he had replaced her with in is life. Even if there was no one bit of truth be hide it.

She followed the child with her eyes as she sat back, letting the white one say what ever she had wanted to get off her chest. Smiling when she said she would go see her father the mother figure sat up looking to the child with a nod. With a soft laugh, she was happy to see that she was so willing to go see her father. Surely that would have to help repair some of the rift that she had put with in the family.

"Better have at it Missy, let him know I love him will you?"

Her voice rang with a hushed tone, as she spoke slowly and clearly said each and every word to the white youth.