Unanswered Prayers
[html]

Hover for translation!

Word Count → 222

He couldn't see Caspa, but he could feel her eyes on him. Someone else might feel uneasy under the weight of that gaze, but Swentzle by then was used to it; he only waited for her words, hanging in the balance. He wasn't sure what her pause was for, but when she spoke he nodded, giving a small smile that might have been relieved, had he the energy to feel such an emotion. He felt more than responsible for the younger male's accident; and he was glad that he would be able to continue caring for the male. "I would thank you for such guidance." He agreed easily, rising to his feet and brushing his hands off on his loincloth once again. "I have a wagon and a buffalo to pull it, in the Dampwoods just east of here; it would make it easier to carry him if we stopped there first." Turning an ear toward his female companion, he sharpened his voice a bit and ordered, "Fovea, perducat nos Hamza." From what he remembered, the bison wasn't hooked up to the wagon, so it would be simple for the mountain lion to herd the beast toward them. It would also make it much simpler to carry Irinei to the wagon, though it would perhaps not be as easy on his ribs.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Was there an end to the intrigue of this man - he had a buffalo too, whatever that was. It seemed it was something large enough to pull a wagon, and so Caspa doubted she would like it, although she could see the value in having a home that could travel with you. She herself owned very little, and had no intention to uproot herself ever again, but if she ever did need to, her possessions would fit in just one small bag. She did not understood the language he used then, but figured it was probably unnecessary for her to understand the instruction, as he was facing more towards the big cat than herself. As she bent to once more drape an arm of the injured stranger over her shoulder, she asked "How did you learn to communicate with a cougar, Swentzle?"

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 290

As Caspa took one of Irinei's arms and slung it around her shoulders, Swentzle did the same, wrapping an arm around his waist in order to keep him upright. The injured leg was on Swentzle's side, and so he could, with a bit of maneuvering, get Irinei to walk on it without actually putting any of the weight on his injured leg; Swentzle acted like an extension of his limbs. As they began moving, slowly, toward Swentz's camp, Caspa asked her question, and the brindle male jerked his head in a startled motion. The inquiry had been unexpected, but after a moment he relaxed and an almost fond smile crossed his face. "Ah, yes. It was tradition where I come from to find a hunting companion. It was...a rite of passage." He paused reflectively, and contemplated the relationship he'd once had with Fovea. "Fovea came to me very young; I found her attempting to steal from the tribes' stores." He chuckled, and took a few more steps before he continued, "I am still unsure whether she was orphaned or merely too curious and hungry to resist an easy meal. But Fovea became my partner--we hunted together, back when I was capable of such things, and had I ever gone to war, she would have been by my side." Another pause, to figure out how to adequately explain the bond developed between companions, and then shrugged--as much as he could, with Irinei's weight on his shoulders. "We learned to communicate through body language, and she understands the Old Tongue, which my tribe spoke. It was much easier when I could see her clearly." And he shook his head slightly with a little sigh, reminiscing on the old days.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]