Words that Need be Spoken
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

The mind so deeply troubled was not completely rid of its ailment, yet it had been remedied somewhat by the console of an understanding heart and mind. Truly, the woman was blessed to have found the support and encouragement of her comrades as well as the strong will to adhere to the knowledge bestowed. Had her mind been undisciplined and catering to her own intentions with no thought of others, she did, without a sliver of a doubt, believe she would have been far worse off. Reclaiming her rational mind was a gift few but those of her culture could understand. She had lost herself to these overwhelming desires and assumptions; forgotten was what right and wrong though she was lead by the heart. Through patience and a search within herself, she had again encapsulated a missing part and was encouraged to seek more, to adapt the new experiences surfaced and make them too a part of her whole.

When she at last returned to her den on a cloudy afternoon, she hadn’t realized her heart was expecting a presence until she felt it pause mid-beat. The scent that clung to its interior was fleeting, perhaps hours old, preserved by the chilling air. He had been here, she smiled fondly though the woman’s heart clenched with guilt. Of course he would have been. Their consideration in living together had been spoken before a moment of passion, perhaps not taken to heart, and her sudden absence would have indeed fueled the belief that it was all a farce; a means to appease the conversation to turn it toward a direction that favored its inevitable end result. Anxiously the woman took hold of her woven mane, now delicately fashioned into a long French braid. She brought the wild end to her maw and let it caress the healing cut across her nose as she slipped into thought; her actions disturbing the once dozing creature that had slipped from her shoulder and now resided beside her upon the ground.

But that isn’t the case at all, she sighed audibly though her voice remained silent. Truly… deeply she wanted to share a home with him, but could her actions be considered favorably? More than likely not. Not when she had so hastily left both pack and home for her own selfish reasons. And yet his scent remained… her ompre. And with it remained a chance that he would understand; that she could confide in him and perhaps begin the steps to develop upon the groundwork laid before them. Her understanding was now better than it once was.

She wanted to see him… no. She needed to see him. Just as that night she had needed a savior for that moment to cure what ailed her yearning heart. And then as she had before, she sang beautifully of her longing, smiling softly as her octave carried but a single name to reach the ears of whom she held dear.

Saluce… Come back to me, please.

ooc: 500 words. Assuming all plots follow their intended course.

[/html]
Saluce had been a mess to put it bluntly since his Golden Queens disappearance. Firstly he couldn’t understand why he was so upset, he was on the verge of tearing off into the wilderness after her, to carry her back to her den and explain that that was where she should be. But he had restrained from it, trying to keep himself busy, above all else he felt like he didn’t need to go chase after her for now. He didn’t even think on her leaving for good, it was too much to let his brain think on. What was his problem? He hadn’t really considered her as anything more than a lady friend in his rational mind; she had reinforced that the last time they had been together. When he had tried to talk all she really had wanted was more of their mutual relationship. He tried to not think on it much more. His feelings for X’y where complicated but his mind seemed to be clear now for the moment on Nayru.

The two women in his life where vying for control even if they didn’t realize it, but his mind had settled on Nayru, and remembering why he had feelings for her. His misplaced protective nature over her, his insane stalker like habits with her, where all misguided, it was all born out of a paternal instinct, to see what was once that wide eye little girl happy and safe. She was safe hear he had realized, more free and less constrained by the past that was Dahlia’s.

He had checked on X’y’s den earlier that day, her scent about gone from it, he had returned to his own den, the small opening just barely big enough for him to fit into by crawling but once inside the cavern was more like a cave. The behemoth had been busy stocking it up for winter, candles,a nice comfy bedding area, all the amenities of a normal home really. He was there now, outside of the entrance looking down into the valley below. Saluce liked the view and being able to keep an eye on the land this way, the den was half way up a small mountain, not to high but high enough that deep snows would be coming soon. Her howl echoed through the valley, catching his ears and setting his body on fire. She was calling to him and he stood, unable to move for the moment. Was he hearing things again? Going mad?

His body moved finally, shifting easily down to four legs for a faster pace, charging through the small snow drifts and underbrush trying to reach the object of his worry. It didn’t take him long, his form slid down onto the patch before her den, eyes looking around before spotting his tall voluptuous goddess. His tail wagged as he panted, looking over her with concern.

“X’y…”
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Within the entrance of her home, she could only wait for response. Leaving the den was no longer an option now knowing this was where she wanted and needed to be. Gone for so long, she looked into the emanating dark warmth with new eyes as if truly seeing her work for the first time. It looked so large unoccupied and even as she crawled into its interior shedding off her proud adornments, she looked around and felt the pressing emptiness filled by nothing save for her thoughts. Seconds passed before she emerged again feeling more comfortable in the openness of the outside than the oppressing corridor. She had thought once that she knew what loneliness was, but that was felt by a heart that had not loved then lost. It had known nothing to lose, held no desire to possess. It was stagnant of those burdening emotions and at the same time had not lived. She could have pitied herself then, but chose to look upon her past self as a stepping stone to what she become.

Patiently she lingered on the outside of her den hoping that her call had not fallen on deaf ears. A chance was all she asked for. Beside her then, her nameless guide ungrounded himself and sought better shelter upon a branch extending over the earthen den. He would be the first to see the behemoth charge through the snowdrifts leaving heavy imprints in his wake. Instead of a signal to his master he turned his head indifferently, eventually tucking his head within his warm down and left the earthbound lupine be.

Trampling steps filled her ears and quickened the heart of the awaiting female. Her seated form rose to her knees nearly toppling her form over in haste. Rather than a cascade of locks, a loosely woven braid slipped off her shoulder though wild bangs still concealed her eyes. Upon all fours she crawled the short distance to him, leaving no time for breath as she slipped her arms around his neck and buried her muzzle within his mane. “Saluce…” she breathed slowly withdrawing herself from embrace to take his handsome muzzle gently between her hands and caress the bridge with an endearing tongue. Her tail wagged fervently as she smiled sparing no ounce of adoration. A whisper for his ears alone delicately parted her maw,“My ompre… I have missed you.” Then was made to rest against his own.

ooc: 407 words.

[/html]
His lady was home, his eyes gazing upon her form, and forgetting for the moment the difference in their stature. His tail wagged and he returned her affections with eager licks and kisses across her maw. Finding himself acting uncharacteristically boyish but intriguingly not caring in the least. She had returned and he found himself happy to have her back. Maybe her absence had done him some good, cleared his head, because he couldn’t fathom why he would ever consider never being near her. For a long few moments he let her embrace him, enjoying her loving touch.

But his form slowly started to gain mass, changing as forelimbs twisted into arms and his form sat on all fours but no longer suited for it. He brought a paw like hand up to her cheek, running a thumb across her fur before brushing away those pesky bangs from her face. Looking into her golden eyes and letting a long smile slowly creep across his maw.

“Where has my Golden Queen been all of this time?” he asked, noticing for the first time the healing scar on her nose. His facial expression started to twist, the ignition of rage starting to build within him. Who had harmed his lady? No one had any right to do so in his opinion, no one should be able to touch her without her permission much less his, and the thought alone was igniting a fire within him. It really shouldn’t have surprised him, his reaction to this little scar, if he where honest he would have known all along that he would become protective over her. And he only became that protective if he really cared about someone.

Saluce stood urging her form upward, his gaze looking over his mate in every sense of the word except for the social commitment, eyes searching for harsher scars.

“Where are you hurt?”
[html]

She smiled adoringly to her beloved as she was lavished with his joyous kisses, having missed his affections and touch. His form had shifted to better suit their embrace. Her muzzle slipped fondly into his gentle hold placing a soft kiss upon his palm. So wrapped up in the comfort of his presence, she had forgotten her injury or that it was obvious on her nose. Confession to her whereabouts was put on pause to first assure him that she was fine. She stood with little protest to his guidance but hastily took hold of his hands in the hopes of soothing his worries. "I'm not hurt my ompre,” her smile waned only slightly but was kept upon he rmuzzle. “It is a little scratch, nothing more. I encountered a hostile girl is all... it is nothing. Truly."

From his hands her delicate touch traveled up the length of his arms to encircle his shoulders and draw herself flush against his chest. In time she would tell him the details of her wandering; those she had met and where she traveled, but for now there was much more she wanted to say to him, to have him understand why she had left in the first place and what she had found in both heart and mind. "My loving Ompre," such words of endearment felt natural to her now. Why she had such hesitance before was beyond her...

Softly spoken, she continued. "I am sorry that I left without a word as I did, but I was conflicted... and I was scared with how I was feeling for you and Sarian. I felt guilt for betraying Shiloh and was angry with myself for my irrational actions. I just... needed the time to sort it all out and understand why." Subtly her ears dipped lower. "I may not have known while I traveled, but that time gave me the clarity I needed to make sense of it all and the kind word of an understanding friend to help me realize... that I wasn't incapable of feeling what I thought to be lost to my culture.” Gradually her smiled returned as she again recounted the revelation that touched her so profoundly. “If anything, I had felt it all along for Sarian... and for you Saluce." A hand unwound from his back and slowly, purposefully slid down his arm to again take his hand and carefully brought it to her excitable heart. The defined digits intertwined with his own feeling the reverberations of each beat as it passed from his hand into her own.

She could have sung of her revelation in that very instance; of the love she had and had felt… what she boldly acknowledged for the first time in her existence. She pitied her brethren Exultare no doubt wandering after their Shepard to the mating grounds of the mountains. They would be joined in body, but not in heart as she was. They would not know of this elation she had opened herself to and welcomed it whole-heartedly. "For you, my Ompre…my Saluce…” the soft caress of his name set her heart to rhythmic staccato beats all over again. “… only for you have I felt strongly like this. And it is a feeling I never want to be without. A feeling... I wish to share with you."

ooc: 556 words.

[/html]
Her touch elicited gentle responses from him. So out of character he was already even around her that his tough skin and irritable mood swings seemed foreign anymore. He listened to her quietly, his ears slowly perking above his head, as his eyes looked down on her. For once he was glad to have a lady as close in height to him as her, it was easier for him to see her as a woman instead of a child tugging at his chest. Saluce remained silent all through it, and afterwards, staring at the woman who had captured him so thoroughly. After it all he couldn’t really get mad at her for leaving, he had been guilty of leaving people as well.

Saluce pulled away from her for a moment, unable to really form any words, it was awkward for once. Sometimes the right words never seemed to come to him, some illness perhaps, being so disconnected for so long from anything warm and loving that he felt out of place. But he pulled himself together, still processing all the information he was just given, his hands grasping hers and a smile forming on his canine lips.

“I’ve had some time to think as well, I wrestled with the idea of being a mate, and tied to someone for the rest of my days. It wouldn’t have been my first X’y, I have been mated before, call it scared of commitment or not I didn’t want to feel rushed into it.” He pulled her back to him then, missing her touch.

“I feel you must understand though before we continue that I am not capable of feelings for many. I get angry, maddeningly so, sometimes to the point of being a danger to others. I do not take orders from others or even friends. I am not an easy man to be around…” he spoke softly, making sure she had a good warning what she was getting into. After all she hadn’t had a chance to see this side of him yet, nor had they had a fight to bring it out.

“I’m tired though, of being alone, tired of worrying about shit that just doesn’t matter. I just want you. Just want to be a good mate, and father if the time ever comes”
[html]

She hadn’t been expecting and sudden show of understanding, but perhaps a glimmer of light that proved her words resonated with him. So long as she saw within his eyes that he knew and understood this truth she had found, The Nomad was fine with whatever came after; though she stood with bated breath hoping that her confession was not too late in reaching him.

As he pulled away the Nomad Shepard in both boy and mind felt her heart still and lungs cease to draw in air. The worst results crept into her mind threatening to feed of her hopes and leave her with nothing. Their ravenous speed increasing the longer her beloved remained silent and she was left to assume. She felt her hands tremble slight, subtly withdrawing from his grasp… until they were held in place. Both ears and eyes perked up as the darkened veil of thought was drawn from his eyes and he looked to her with resolve. Again her heart started beating, taking rapid strides and make up for its paused rhythm.

Bound to each other as a mated pair hadn’t crossed her mind until was aware of her feelings for him and was not afraid to acknowledge them. It felt only natural that they be made so when they were already bound in body. But with the mind, as she was coming to realize, a bond was not as easily made. The gaps between them were still staggering; this confession of being mated before was proof of this. But as she was pulled back into him, she did no resist even if this thought of him laying claim to another repulsed her. He wasn’t with her now… the who didn’t matter… then when was irrelevant. Only what they could have now held her attention. She listened on, taking his words to heart. And as he expressed his desires of wanting only her… to be a good mate… and father, her heart swelled beyond its limits, overflowing with a rapture incomparable to earthly amenities. She flung her arms around him almost instantly and sought his warmth, his body, his everything and have it be part of her as she wished to be part of him. “If you will have me… we can make it so,” she whispered. “You needn’t worry about what doesn’t matter. What we don’t know of each other, Saluce we can learn. I will be open to you and only you, and I will accept you as you are…all of you…always. If you will have me, my love… we can share this together.”

ooc: 432 words.

[/html]
His arms slowly wound tighter around the vixens waist, tighter and tighter until her form molded to his. Her voice tickling his ears as she responded to the lasted revelation. Saluce had known from their first meeting that she had been with no one else, but it wasn’t the same for him. Saluce wished he could have met her a long time ago; it would have made things a lot easier on him. But under the circumstances he was glad to know her now. He didn’t deserve her, after all he had done in life she shouldn’t have been his reward.

“I don’t deserve a woman as good as you, but I will try,” he leaned down and kissed her nose, rubbing the tip of his against hers and then licking her maw delicately, in a most tender way. Oh how he wanted her to know how much he loved her. There was more to convey than words alone could really express. Finally he couldn’t stand it much longer and his arms picked her up and lifted her up to him, allowing her access to wrap her long legs around him.

“I love you X’yrin” he spoke triumphantly, smiling as he planted kisses across her maw, letting his actions finally speak for him.
[html]

The indiscretions of his past were unknown to her but would not be so eternally. In time she would come to understand him as a whole, there wasn’t a sliver of a doubt, and even then despite his crimes and misdeeds, his touch predicaments and trials that tested his very being, she would still love him. A life with him was but another path she had chosen to take just as she had done and would continue to do along the Endless Path; she would follow this to its end and harbor no regrets. With a resolve such as this, there was no doubt that what lied before them they could face together and be better in each other’s eyes for it.

A word of effort from him was all she needed to believe this could and would work. They would prevail. Her wound arms tightened atop his shoulders as she was lifted higher against him. Her legs secured around his waist, her form supported by his stable hold. She couldn’t have been embarrassed for her actions even if they were pointed out to her. The woman was simply too happy to care that she looked the part of an excited pup, all smiles and wagging tail as she was gifted with the love her heart craved. “And I love you Saluce,” happily the she-wolf whined sneaking in several of her own wet kisses between the brief lapse of tenderness from her mate.

Yes, mate. What once felt like an inconceivable ideal was now a part of her and living well staring back at her with handsome glacier blues. And from those eyes, her warm hues trailed to the loosely bound obsidian locks. She tightened her legs around him as she removed an arm from around him to gingerly take one of the braids between her calloused digits. “My Ompre…” she inquired softly for his attention. “Allow me to share something of my culture with you. We have no way of showing our bonds to each other… at least not a mated pair. But we give the members of our families a part of ourselves so that others know that we are of them and they are of us, and our protection follows them eternally. I relinquished those bonds from the Exultare when I began this new life but have not forgotten them in my memories. But with you… I would like to have a part of you, if you would allow it. At least until…” to this the golden woman felt her muzzle warmth and ears lowered as an almost timid glow bathed her face.

“At least until there is a smaller… more permanent means of showing our love. Li-like what Jace has with Temo… four to be exact. But until then may I have this part of you?” She rolled the braid across the worn pad of her hand then brought the end to her nose as she whined to him, pleading in the hopes she could persuade him to comply… and not have him think her mad for this request.

ooc: 513 words.

[/html]
He slowly moving body over his form brought forth familiar stirrings within him. Every time she grew close to him he lost his will to deny her anything. It was such a simple ploy, her actions seeking to sway a decision that would otherwise be weighed on its own merit. But her form, her voice and those little demon eyes of hers that sunk their hooks into him that her request was met with a broad grin. Oh he never pretended to be a smart brute, well he was but even the man could be turned to butter with a simple smile, soft words and a delicate touch.

“It’s hair, it’ll grow back, but I must ask, what is it you were planning on giving me?” he said with a joking smirk. The behemoth really didn’t need anything from her, just having his scent cling to her was enough to mark her as his.

“And why would you want a smelly braid of hair?” he asked inquisitively, he never said he wasn’t a bit vain but he’d surrender it regardless. His fingers weaved through her fur across her back where they held her against him. Her weight wasn’t too much of a burden to him but his thoughts soon wandered to bracing her against something in this pose.
[html]

To solidify this ‘exchange’ as her Nomad brethren often addressed this show of bonding, she would have to give something of herself to him. In a community filled with numerous members, it wasn’t enough to have a scent to show camaraderie and this necessity for a tangible representation was passed down from this, wanting a unmistakable show of whom she held dear and loved. And of course with Saluce, she hadn’t expected an effortless response, not when he willingly admitted that he was not an easy man to deal with, to which she smiled and affectionately licked his cheek. She offered with a lighter tone a compromise of sorts, “I will make something unique for you… something more suited for you than a lock of hair.”

Yet as he inquired of her want for his hair, she felt her softly smile broadened in humor then just as quickly condense to a sultry turn of her lips when she became aware of the claws combing through her back. Her eyes were lit knowingly whilst the once erratic strokes of her tail grew calmer and purposefully slower, feeling the wisps of air as it passed through the lush fur. “Well my Ompre…” whispered voice caressed his ear as she lifted her muzzle to rest just beneath his left. “If you are concerned about your scent, why not let me give you a bath.”

Her tongue unfurled from between the parted maw, carefully extending to explore the contour of its exterior. “It would be enjoyable for both of us…I’m sure.” The request had not been forgotten so soon, more so left alone for the time being once the idea of grooming came to mind. What was once a luxury was now part of her daily routine, a definitive distinction between her as the wild creature and her impression as Kozan. Saluce too had come into a respectable rank, but her developed want to have him at his best was not stemmed from his rank, but instinct; the same notion responsible for so many of her actions when it came to them together like this. “Let me take care of you,” she pressed on, hoping there was no further need to convince him… otherwise she would have to get creative.

ooc: 376 words.

[/html]
He couldn’t fathom what she would make for him that he’d wear but he’d wear it none the less. His own faith deemed such an exchange but he had no ring for her, or the means to make one. While she explained her own beliefs he had never openly showed his own faiths in front of her or rather In front of anyone. Only one person he knew of actually knew of his religion and he was for all purposes an enemy it seemed.

But she mentioned a bath, almost as if she couldn’t wait to do such a thing. A doting mate she seemed to be, at odds with his uncaring style. The man had decided already that rank wasn’t something he was going to be too worried about anymore; it was her who would be the high achiever he assumed. As her tongue bathed a part of his face he found it hard to resist her compelling argument. His own tongue bathed her back in unison, finding the act on autopilot. Finally his eyes set upon hers as a smile crept across his maw, a hand tracing a claw along the base of her tail.

“Oh I don’t mind, but it’s your choice whether you want the hair now or after. “ He stated simply, leaving that up for her own decision.

“In my faith X’y it was customary for the male to present a ring to the female when asking for their hand in marriage. Marriage isn’t something I follow since it doesn’t seem right for our kin, but if my hair is suitable then that is what will have to do for now, until I can craft something more suitable for you.” He already had some ideas, a weapon perhaps, or something graceful she could wear as protection and as something she would look good in. Neither of them wore clothes so finding her a nice dress seemed out of the question.

His form began moving with her in his arms still, quirking his eye brow. “So where shall this bath take place?” he said spinning idly.
[html]

This talk of ‘marriage’ was the first time he had offered anything of his own culture and it made her happy that he’d shared even if it was to say he didn’t care much for it. But in principle it sounded the same; and exchange from one to the other, even it if was one-sided. It would have to be that way for the time being though, until she was able to fashion something for him herself. “Well then,” her smiled grew. “I think I’ll take it after your bath.” Yes, his bath, for she was much too clean to need one herself… or so she thought.

Already he had started walking still keeping his queen firmly latched onto him. She had hardly pictured herself being carried and if so, not like this. She couldn’t resister giggling as she waited for a pause in his steps to unwrap her legs and drop to the ground on her own two feet, though kept an arm wrapped around his neck for support. It was a clumsy descent, unbecoming of her usually graceful moments but she blamed it on her mate’s movements and his seeming enthusiasm for this (bound to be sensual) bath.

Her muzzle with lit with a knowing smile as she looked to him helpless in keeping giddy emotions under control. This kind of happiness was hard to control, it seemed. “Maybe the river?” she suggest with a quirk of her brow. “Or perhaps home… if you find you can’t behave yourself. No need to have someone witness your tantrum if you don’t like your bath.”

ooc: 000 words.

[/html]
Her form slid clumsily down from his towering heights bringing a quick sigh of longing from him. He preferred having her well within his grasp, possessive as he always was. But she didn’t leave his form, nor did she do herself any good by her mischievous little mentions. The man knew how to bath, if he was going on a mission, tracking or hunting other canine prey, bathing and getting rid of one’s scent where key. But this prospect intrigued him, never once thinking a bath could be a sensual experience. If things went as well as he hoped this wouldn’t be the last time they did this.

He smirked and then he started moving to the river. The water would be cold, which was the only thing he wasn’t quite really looking forward too. Recently the cold had been getting to him more than in previous years, feeling his bones and muscles stiffen when exposed to the elements. But if it was to be cold there would be a return to her den to warm up afterwards.

The behemoth paused a moment to look back at her a few feet away, waiting for her to join him, his hand reaching outward to grasp hers if it was offered. The need to feel connected to her surfacing again, not wanting to be separated from her for any amount of time.