all this madness
[html]

All welcome! Shandom's in an abandoned church, if I didn't make that apparent, and he's in a very philosophical/spiritual mood.

Word Count → 522

Standing in the ruins of their crumbling city, Shandom Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer could not help but imagine that he heard their swirling ghosts, dark eyes judgmental and terrifying, rotting flesh falling off their extended arms as they reached for him. When he thought about it, the race of wolves were nothing but thieves, stealing the life and culture of the legendary people before them. Some, he assumed, might consider the fallen humans to be weak, as they had succumbed to the virus and the wolves began to thrive. Sometimes he wondered what atrocity the humans committed to so anger the will of the Gods, or if it had been a freak accident; regardless, Shandom did not want to make their mistakes.

He could not fathom why the wolves he'd chosen to surround himself with lived in the style they did. Whether they did not know the consequences of ignoring history or just chose to take their chances with it, Shandom knew he could not continue to live this way. It was for this reason that he removed himself from Cours des Miracles for several days, choosing the sanctuary of solitude and the wild; it was the only place he knew himself anymore. A strange, magnetic pull had brought him in this direction, as if some higher knowledge wanted him to see with his own eyes the ruins of what once was. It was an affirmation for him to walk through the streets and see their decapitated buildings, feel the sharp pricks of glass underneath his feet. The male moved in his lupus form, acknowledging what he was in the shadow of what they were.

Shandom came across a large building, and it made him draw breath. It was beautiful and horrible at the same time; evil and serenity emanated from it in the strangest fashion. His hackles were raised as he ventured into the abandoned building, mildly terrified of what might lie within. The ghosts felt closer now, pressing on Shandom's mind like a suffocating blanket: they knew he was in their realm, violating something sacred. As he walked through layers of untouched dust, the alabaster male could not help but wing a prayer to his own Gods for safety and reassurance. But in this strange cathedral building they were silent, perhaps deferential to something greater.

At the end of the long aisle was a strange statue, and when Shandom examined it he felt more terror. It was enormous, though he thought that he might be equal in size when in his two legged form. Created of gray stone, this massive being was perhaps a reflection of what the humans might have resembled - he'd never seen one, and the stories he heard gave varying descriptions of their appearance. This crumbling effigy looked much like the ghosts - arms stretched out to the him, eyes appearing to be imploring, disapproving, and angered. Shandom felt compelled to bow before the statue, and so he did to the best of his ability. Try as he might to appease whatever angry spirit might inhabit this place, Shandom could not help but think that it wanted him gone.

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shandomtree p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shandomtree p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Coming back to the pack Terra entered the city that she'd set traps in. Grinning mischievously she set out to see if anything had been caught. A few of her traps had been triggered, but they were empty of anything big enough to keep trapped. Patiently Terra went about resetting them. In one trap she got lucky, a stray cat having been caught. For a few minutes Terra entertained herself with the creature, darting back and forth while it tried to swipe at her. The game quickly grew old though, and she released the cat without another thought. Grabbing the rope she strung it back up, hanging it so those who stepped nearby would end up hanging upside down.

Cheerfully Terra trotted off through the city, pleased with the results. Granted, there wasn't any canines in the traps, but that was alright. She hadn't been actively seeking out trouble, and it was nice to know at least some of her traps had been triggered. That meant they worked. Terra paused as a familiar scent crossed her nostrils. What was Shandom doing out here? Terra thought he hated humans. Why would he be in a city full of their things? Terra broke into a low run, nose to the ground. Eventually it lead to a small building. Terra didn't know what it was, but when she saw Shandom she knew it was funny. There he was, bowing down to some statue like it was powerful. Terra burst into peals of laughter. What are you doing?

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This is going to be a relatively short thread, as Shandom's intentionally avoiding anything that reminds him of CdM right now. We can still have a few posts, though! Sorry, Bria! Also, they're in an extremely large cathedral. Not a small building..

Word Count → 437

What a chill there was in the air! What a strange, unnatural feeling the male had as he knelt before the statue, reverent of whatever strange power it might hold. The humans were strange creatures, he knew that, but what was this place to cause him to have such strange feelings? Shandom's insatiable curiosity would have gotten the best for him had he not wanted nothing more to do with the humans than he already did. So much of what he had become - sleeping in their old buildings, walking on two legs as they were rumored to have done - flew in the face of the values he'd had when he first came to this strange, strange area. Could he find himself again, the male wondered? Shandom felt a mixture of pity and revulsion for the wolves in the area, especially his packmates - it was not their faults they lived in this style. He assumed it was the manner in which they were raised that caused them to be like this. Judgment was unappealing, but it was unrealistic for him to do anything but.

A peal of laughter interrupted his musings, and he'd been so lost in thought that he had not noticed the familiar scent. Terra, he sighed internally, picking himself up from his respectful pose and turning to the younger member of the Court. You do not feel it? he asked, looking at her with a mingling feeling of sadness and distaste. His expression was not unkind; instead, it was forlorn and slightly confused. Such were the feeling this place brought about. It is unnatural, and yet it feels like the oldest thing in the world... he whispered, a prayer and a comment wove into one. Shandom shook his head, trying to clear away the buzzing thoughts and visions of spirits, but he could not. The harder he tried, the more insistent they become. Shandom knew what they wanted; the method of doing so would be the difficult part.

I cannot stay in the Court, Terra, he whispered, voice laced with sadness and regret. I have tried, but this place reminds me of what I am - what we are. With each passing day, I lose a little more of what I was destined to be - a wolf, a true wolf. The arctic male peered at the smaller female through his good eye, trying to ascertain how she would react to this before taking his leave. She was a sweet girl, and Shandom enjoyed her company when he had the chance, but he had left the Cours des Miracles territory for a reason.

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Is fine. Just hope they'll stay friends. Terra in lupine form

Lifting up one leg Terra scratched behind her ear. She tried to feel what Shandom described, but she wasn't spiritual in any way. Her whole being was geared towards life and death, unnoticing of things beyond that. Terra didn't even have a true religion that she followed, relying on her instincts more than anything else. She shook her head, unable to understand his words. For her these old buildings were natural. They were not alive, but her mind equated them like mountains. Just like rocks and the like, they would fade away and crumble.

His next words made Terra sad. She liked the old wolf, as strange as he was. He was someone he could talk to, one who understood her innate connection to the natural world. Hearing what Shandom said, though, she had to question whether or not he'd truly understood. They were different, she a coyote and him a wolf. Terra had been born with the disease in her body. Shandom had been turned. She supposed that made a difference about how natural it was, but she still regretted that her friend would leave her. No more discussions, or friendly rambles through the lands. Instead Shandom was heading out, trying to become a true wolf.

She wouldn't stop him, though. Terra's loyalty towards her pack was strong, and part of her was angry for Shandom leaving the pack. The other part of her told her that keeping an unwilling member would harm the pack even more. I wish you well, then. Where are you going? Even if she couldn't help her friend, Terra hoped he would do well on his own. If not, Terra was always willing to listen to a friend.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Of course they can! Shandom's not one to forget about friends. He'll be wandering down south fairly regularly Smile

Word Count → 377

Shandom would be sad to leave his small friend. He hoped she knew that, and that this decision was not about her. If anything, the male had denied what he was feeling because he had a friend in Terra. She, without knowing, had made Cours des Miracles feel a little more like home. He was endlessly grateful for that. A soft smile replaced the sad expression on his face, and Shandom looked at her with almost familial tenderness. When he left (and it was when now, no longer an if), the alabaster male would be sure to visit her - if the Court allowed it.

He hoped she could understand. Terra was young, and she was born this way. The majority of Shandom's life had been spent as a true wolf with little to no knowledge of the virus; though it had been two, almost three, years since he'd been changed, Shandom could not help but feel like an alien when he was in a form other than Lupus. She expressed that she wished him well, but the white male could not help but assume Terra probably had other thoughts about his decisions. Loyalty ran deep in wolves, regardless of their changing forms, and Shandom had looked down on wolves who abandoned their packs in the past. His eyes, though, drifted away from her when she asked where she was going, and his voice sounded wistful. He thought for several minutes before he responded, though the answer he gave was not definitive.

I think I'm going North. Actually, I know I'm going North - I want to get as close to the mountains as I can. I grew up in the shadow of several majestic ones, and I'd like to be there again, at least for the winter. Shandom thought for a few more moments, trying to consider the very rough plan that already existed in his head. Depending what I find there, I might come back to the South in the Spring - I'd like that. But I'm sure I'll be fairly transitory, and wander almost everywhere. If I can, that is. And, Terra, you must know that you are always welcome where I am. His smile was soft and sad; he would miss his friend.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

The north. It was funny that he said that, considering how she'd just come from there. Granted, she hadn't purposely headed there, instead searching for a pack who's location she didn't know. Still, she had ended up traveling there, and she had to agree about the beauty of the mountains. She'd grown up with mountains in the distance, but they didn't call to her as strongly as belonging to a pack did.

Her tail wagged happily at Shandom's promise to return south and welcome her visits. It gave her a warmth, despite knowing that Shandom was leaving. It almost felt like he was a transitory member, instead of leaving the pack. Many members of her birth pack had been like that, wandering in and out of it. Shandom appeared to be the same in her mind. Certainly he was different. He wouldn't be loyal to the pack like the wandering members had been, but Shandom held ties with her. That was enough.

Sounds nice. I'd be careful though. Terra's next words weren't so friendly. They contained a note of warning for her old friend. There's a pack in the north that will kill if you cross them. A bunch of moody hybrids as well. They call themselves coyotes, but don't believe them. Coyotes aren't like that. Her anger at Inferni flashed in her eyes. They had no sense of humor, and were so violent. Terra wasn't violent, breaking her spirit to see those that claimed to be coyotes. Her species wasn't like that, no matter what those filthy hybrids claimed.

Still, Terra didn't want to leave her friend with a sour taste in his mouth. Of course, there's a friendly pack up there too. I just heard about them, but apparently they're dedicated to peace. They'll welcome you if you visit. Her information was splotchy. Terra hoped Shandom could use it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Aw, he totally took over in this post and his soft side came out <3 You can reply, and then maybe we can call it a thread? If Terra ever comes up north and needs somewhere to stay, Shandom would hunt her a rabbit or something and let her stay....well, wherever he is. xD

Word Count → 360

He listened eagerly to her advice. Though she was much younger, she was also much better traveled in this area than Shandom. It made him nervous to hear there was a pack that would sooner kill than betray their own secrets; while his native lands were certainly protective, the former male had never experienced anything of that nature. I will be sure to avoid them, then, he murmured. You wouldn't happen to know what they call themselves? Shandom doubted Terra knew - if a pack were so readily willing to kill, he doubted they would surrender even the smallest bit of information. He also listened to her warning about the hybrid clan, but Shandom had no intention of crossing pack lands. More than anything, he wanted to be a loner. Pack dynamics wearied him.

The idea of a peace loving pack sounded wonderful to him; Shandom made a mental note to visit. That sounds... lovely, the male murmured, lost briefly in thought. I would be so happy to to visit a place like that; peace is one of my favorite things. The alabaster male felt silly, saying such a thing - most people liked peace. Obviously. I also know there's another one called Anathema - I have a friend from there, and she's quite lovely. The male referred to Caprica with a small smile - the female who so resembled Lea would be one of the first wolves he visited once he settled in the mountains.

Shandom was becoming uncomfortable in this place, more so than he already had been. The alabaster male glanced nervously around before turning again to Terra. I have to leave this place, though. I... I don't know what it is. I have never felt so alienated in such an environment. These humans... I wish I knew more about them, sometimes, and sometimes I feel like I know too much. He started to walk to the door, but abrupty turned back to Terra and licked her on the cheek. I will miss you, friend Shandom whispered, awkwardly lifting up his paw to place it on her shoulder for a moment. You have been good to me.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra wagged her tail as Shandom began to head out. They're called Salsola. She watched her friend head out, and almost returned to her own explanations before remembering what she'd been doing in the city. Oh, you need to be careful! I set up a bunch of traps! Just howl if you're caught. Granted, she'd caused the danger, but she was unrepentant. Shandom loved peace, she loved trouble. Such opposites, yet they got along.

Smiling softly Terra trotted further into the building, planning on exploring it for herself. It certainly was a beautiful place, even if it didn't inspire the awe in her it gave to Shandom. Pleased with herself Terra set off to discover more of the world she found herself in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]