shake me up
The older male had just been newly minted as a packmate. So new he still lacked any real scent of the pack and lands. He had spent his day though roaming the border, renewing scent markers and blending his scent in with those who had long been members of the lands. It had been a quiet day so far and though the sky was overcast, threatening of foul weather to come nothing fell from the heavens just yet.

A cold wind whipped across his pelt as he trotted around the edge of the lake, his nose to the breezes as he stayed alert for anyone who's path he just might cross. His sun shot blue orbs were bright today as he excitedly padded to the edge of the gently lapping waters. He lowered his maw down for a drink, the crisp cold liquid sending a cold rush to his belly as he was reminded that he had yet to attempt to forage for dinner just yet. Obviously now the next item on his agenda.
[html]hi Smile

It was a pleasant surprise. She felt stronger in the brisk air of the approaching winter. Though a vibrancy that she had once had would never return, the Dreamer felt the need to walk the borders as she once had before being captured. For the task she left the cloak that kept her warm, and the walking stick that kept her steady. Four legs kept her standing, firmly as she padded along a path that she knew well. The memories came back to her, her body settling into a habit that muscles would never forget.

Blue eyes focused on the landscape around her, nose taking in the scents and searching for the one that may not belong. If she did meet an intruder Anu knew not what she would do. Her body was far from intimidating, thin and the scar along her throat spoke well of her losses rather then a fight won. But she wandered anyways, and it was not long before she found the scent of a male that was unfamiliar. The wolfess turned her course and moved to follow it.

She approached slowly, gray and tawny tan pelt seemingly dappled in the scattered light between the tall trees. When she caught sight of him Anu remained quiet, watching for the moment and waiting for this stranger to see her in his own time.

[/html]
He had let his mind wander as he moved along the lands. A leaf floated down from a tree above, one of the last desperate souls clinging to the branch, the motion caused him to woof slightly as he snapped at the leaf like a young puppy. He had turned in a tight circle to catch the leaf on his nose as it swirled and fluttered about.

Merriment was shimmering in his sapphire sun shot orbs as he turned and found that he was staring at another member of the pack. He shook the leaf from his nose and grinned with embarrassment as he moved across the distance to bring himself closer to the grey hued female. His smile was sheepish as he called out to the other. "Hello m'lady.." He didn't know her rank but he could probably safely assume she was higher ranked than he. Just incase he lowered his eyes and tucked his tail under, submitting before the elder woman.
[html]

His antics were amusing, causing the older wolfess to smile. But he was not the young pup that he acted like, perhaps simply young at heart like many of those that lived among the Crimson Dreams ranks. She hoped that they would return to that simplicity and to forget the hardship the late Summer and Fall had brought them. Unfortunately the scar that traced a line along her neck would never allow her to forget fully.

But for the time, she could... He approached her with the respect that any higher ranking wolf deserved. It was simply natural, and her body's practice to keep her tail higher then other's and for ears to be perked instead of flattened against her skull. The natural tones and woes of the wolf body spoke volumes.

Hello. She replied, finding his more primal and formal call refreshing and comfortable. Her tail waved slowly behind her, You are new here. I am Anu, the second in command. What should I call you? She asked her normal soft and gentile tone.

[/html]
Had he known that such a high ranked woman was so close he probably wouldn't have attempted to act so foolish and silly. His eyes lowered as she asked just who he was. The more obvious points of him being newly acquired had already been addressed but he confirmed them as he spoke to his second in command now. "Yes ma'am. I'm new to the pack..the lands as well. I can over the mountain about a moon ago.." he finally raised his sapphire orbs as he added his name to the rather lengthy introduction. "I am Thoirni Siondaite.." his eyes shone as he finally smiled. "Pleased to meet you..Anu." he let her name roll over his tongue as he tested it out for the first time before casting his eyes to the side once more.

The male was rather hesitant as he tried to find explanation for his childish antics but failed. He finally chuckled in embarrassment as he apologized. "I know I should be spending my time better.. but I don't know the lands at all yet.. and.. well..: there was no way he could explain himself. The poor male just gave the leader a look that just pleaded for forgiveness, so pathetic and sad it just had to excuse him for his actions.
[html]

Anu remembered the lands beyond the mountain. They were like a dream, visions of a mountain she had called home for just a small time in her long life. But the woman smiled on those dreams, and days long lost. She wondered what it was like there, and ask Thoirní. Beyond the mountain, what do the lands there hold now? I lived beyond it many years ago. She explained. Tayui would remember the days of Jaded Shadows, but she did not know another that would remember them as well.

She shook her head at his words, her smile present still. We could all benefit from puppish-pastimes. Anu wished that they would all take a moment to remind themselves of what made them young at heart. Shall we take a walk along the lake? If you have curiosities about the pack, I can try to ease them. Anu had been a Dream since the beginning of such a title, if he had questions she could answer them.

[/html]
His ears perked with interest as she spoke of once knowing the lands beyond the mountains. Generally he didn't speak much of his past but now, with the woman wanting to know what he knew of the lands he had no reason not to share. He wasn't speaking of his previous pack exactly, just the territories that it seemed both he and his leader had once shared common ground upon. "The fires ravished the lands. Our pack had spent much time moving from area to area for the first few seasons to find enough food and clean water to sustain us all." His voice was soft as he thought about those hard times, but he gained strength again as he spoke of the resent years. "Life is returning though.. new grasses grow, trees struggle but continue to reach for the skies.. even prey has begun to return. It's still not easy pickings but the circle is being restored it seems." A slight frown sat on his lips a moment as he wondered if he should have left his family with one less hunter, though it also mean one less mouth to feed. Now though he was beginning to think perhaps he had been selfish in his need to adventure.

She brought the smile back slightly as she spoke of his foolish frolic. He grinned and accepted her words. Perhaps it was good at times to remember that life wasn't all work and no play, but to be found out by your leader was still a bit embarrassing in his books. Though when she suggested that perhaps they take a walk along the lakeside he agreed readily. "There is no better time than now I presume, for with winter setting in a stroll about the lake might be a little dangerous soon.." His eyes turned towards the waters a moment before he joined her at a slow steady pace.

There were many questions lingering on his mind about the pack but he didn't even know where to start. Finally he spoke honestly as he asked. "The pack.. seems tense.. what has happened before I came to these lands to cause such wariness.." He turned his suns shot sapphire orbs upon her, all playfulness gone as he tried to inquire about news of his new home.
[html] i forgot about this thread!!! -headdesk- my apologies!

Anu had not lived in Jaded Shadows when the fire consumed the lands. She had already left for the north, for her birth pack. Those days had been spent with her father, watching him slip away from her and the world. But she did not regret leaving one disaster for another. She was glad that she could know her family in the ending days of their patriarch. Though she had not found a place there, and returned when the wolves had moved west and settled here.

She had avoided the scorched landscape and headed straight to the viable territory. The gray wolfess was glad to hear that it was recovering, just as all life eventually did. Thoirní had great insight to the ways there, and she drank the knowledge eagerly. It did not looked as if he had left on good terms, he frowned as his voice petered and stopped. But the woman did not delve into his past. Many did not appreciate such things.

He accepted her invitation and they began to move together, side by side. She loved the lands, her home, more then she could ever express. It was not the power her children held over her, but it was almost as grand. She looked at the lake, the shadow of winter's crisp air and frost hanging over it, the Sun unable to break the haze and clouds. It was an old friend, a comfort and she was glad to share it with the new Dreamer.

Anu appreciated his clear question, honestly something she held above all other values. The older woman was not uneasy and hesitant as she replied, but she was saddened to remember the conflict. If she had been in her Optime form Anu would have no doubt unknowingly placed a hand on her neck, along the visible scar that lingered there. It was a habit that Anu had come to know, but only as it was happening... She was glad not to being attention to it as they walked.

Yes. Anu began... The pack is certainly unsettled. Anu took a breath, We have recently had an ongoing battle with our neighbor, AniWaya. We accepted refugees, a family of five, who were being persecuted by the tribes new leader. Maska. Anu hated that beast. Maska raided our lands, some were captured and help hostage, myself included. But, we prevailed. As honorable creatures should. Maska was dethroned and the tribe is no longer a threat. Or so we hope. There was still a chance that things may slip back into chaos...

[/html]