question about fossa!
[Image: 197452805_745c62429a.jpg]

Fossaa. I was wondering, I want Leon to get one of these(as a baby), and I was wondering if it would be realistically smuggled/brought here? Leon would definitely be able to keep it alive and safe. IDK what kinda animals can be smuggled up into the board, but if a fossa could that'd be really awesome cause I want him to have one as a little companion animal.

/crosses fingerrrss
I don't see why Leon couldn't have a Fossa, I mean Eris has an Ocelot, which is tropical cat species. Also if I remember correctly Larkspur received a parrot? Either way, traders come into Halifax all the time apparently selling their wares, including exotic species as pets.
I could've swore I remembered something about thet ocelot! I just wanted to make certain it wouldn't be completely unrealistic for him to get a fossa. Thanks ;u; now just need to figure out how to get him said fossa!
Eris also picked up that ocelot when she was in Mexico. It was given to her down there and came back as a companion.
Lawd have mercy. Please let this be allowed. Dixie will totally steal that little thing and hide it. >Big Grin
Fossas are only found in Madagascar, and are listed as "vulnerable." If you can come up with a plausible reason as to why a Fossa showed up, I think it would be okay.

However, I don't think they'd be found at Freetown or brought to 'Souls to trade -- they are rarer animals, and there are other cat species that could be more easily obtained/trained/etc. x_x Perhaps a jackal character shows up from Africa with a Fossa companion, and your character kills the jackal and steals its pet? \: Then again, cats are prooobably smart enough to run away from their owner getting killed. :3

Additionally, the animal will almost surely need some kind of winterization and protection. :x Itzcitla (Eris's ocelot) remains primarily indoors during winter, and Eris usually wraps him in a pelt if she is going to take him outside. Sidenote: Ocelots are found a lot closer to 'Souls than you might think! But yeah -- Eris's ocelot showed up with her from Eterne in Southern Mexico. ^^

Why not check out Character Companions on the realism guide? I think it might be able to help you in this situation. c:
Oh hey I like how I randomly ran into this article on Wikipedia searching for totally unrelated stuff. o_O

How about a genet? Apparently they're kept as pets and they're also a fair bit more common than a fossa, found throughout Africa and Europe? c: I think that makes for a much stronger case for a pet animal and would be easier in general to obtain.