and why?
[html]
http://i52.tinypic.com/k20j60.png);background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
THREAD ONE OF TWO FOR AMY -- fossa commission

The ten-month old had left Trigger in a cave he'd found for them to stay in for the night. It was early morning and there was a cold, crisp fog hanging in the air. It wafted around in the treetops and gently rained down onto Leon's pelt. His bright eyes looked upward and he spotted the shadow of a raven fly from one branch to another before there was another bird's call in the distance. The echo was broken up by the thick branches and evergreen leaves and the snow crunched under Leon's large paws as he glided along the ground. Snow. Something he wasn't used to at all. Along with cold-- he and Trigger grew up in the arid deserts of Arizona, not the frigid North of Canada.

Leon had one of his daggers-- his largest one-- unshielded as he stalked the distant sound and smell of an old doe deer. That would make a great breakfast, lunch and dinner for he and Trigger, especially Trig, since he was a growing boy and needed as much food as he could get. Leon could stand to put on a few pounds himself; he was lighter than he should be now, but he was fine so long as his brother was. He stalked along as silently as he could, taking slow, careful steps to avoid making any loud crunching sounds in the snow.

Finally, he saw the old, boney creature nosing through the snow trying to find buried grass and twigs to eat. Leon's ears went flat and his tail curled tightly behind him. He took one step, then another, and another and--- snap-- the doe bounded away and Leon was left snarling down at the twig he'd stepped on. He might've been able to chase that old doe, but she was already gone. "Cocks," he cursed with a snorted growl. So much for a good breakfast, lunch and dinner.

[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Amy rested inside her wagon. She was feeling quite pleased with herself, having made a fair trade with a member of Aniwaya for her slave. Now it was just her and Hadley, but Amy didn't miss the troublesome girl at all. Now someone else would have to deal with her. She was broken enough that there would be no more escape attempts, but obedience was still a problem. Still, that was the owner's problem now. Amy would just concentrate on breaking Hadley now.

Softly she petted Hadley between the ears. It felt good to him, but he was afraid that the caress would become a blow. Each touch elicited a slight flinch. He was learning though. Soon he'd enjoy Amy's touch. The peaceful atmosphere was broken at the sound of a deer in flight. Pulling back the cloth Amy stared around. Her horse lifted it's head lazily, checking if Amy wanted something. No, there was nothing there. There might be a customer nearby though.

With a speed hard to believe Amy straightened herself out, making sure her hair was tidy and her clothes were straight. She leaped out of the wagon, nodding for Hadley to stay put. Bounding through the woods Amy followed the trail, only to come across a rather young hybrid. It was surprising to come across someone this young alone. Glancing around Amy examined the clearing. Are your parents nearby?

Amy Sunders

<style>
.amy1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.amy1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#C80101; text-shadow:#E23E07 0px 0px 5px;}
.amy1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.amy1 b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.amy1 {background-color:#8a0808; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.amy1-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.amy1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: v2sdut.jpg]
[html]
http://i52.tinypic.com/k20j60.png);background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Leon had been scuffing the ground frustratedly with a dark gray foot when his ears caught the sound of someone coming. It was easy to spot the wolfdog, as she was a bright blonde color and had long, fluffy fur. She was some sort of.. golden retriever mix, he guessed, but he didn't know much about dog breeds. She was a cutie, though, he knew that for sure. He slid his large dagger back into its sheath at his waist before eying her with a somewhat annoyed expression in those silver eyes. "No." How young did people think he was? He was ten months old, almost a yearling. Surely he didn't look like a damn baby, did he?

"I'm an adult, y'know." He looked at her incredulously, glancing past her in the direction his meal ran off in. He was severely disappointed about that... he needed to find Trigger something to eat before he went back, damnit. "Why d'y'ask? Pedos 'round 'er somethin'?" He could handle a pedo if that were the case, but the thought made him incredibly uncomfortable sense he'd left Trigger in a hidden den all by himself.... the boy was just too sweet and innocent to fend for himself against someone gross like that.

He was so charming. And social. He'd rarely met up with anyone on the journey here, so he wasn't exactly the best in making polite conversation.. but as a female, he was being more respectful to her than she'd probably ever know. His stomach growled as he shifted weight from one leg to the other.

Leon speaks

Trigger Speaks

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy stared in surprise at the young hybrid's claim. He couldn't possibly a year old already. The only reasons she knew of for being considered an adult before then would be if they had killed. That meant this male was to be taken seriously indeed, despite his youth. Amy did hold experience over him, but that only meant she was more likely to underestimate him.

Brushing those grim thoughts aside Amy laughed at the wolf's next words. No, I don't think so. Hadley would have told me if there were such about. She had sent him to scout the area ahead. While the wolfdog had declared it clear, Amy had double checked to make sure. It was part of his training, and she didn't know if he could be trusted to do a worthwhile survey. That, and her own nature made her reluctant to rely on anyone else.

I asked because I'm a trader, and those with children are always open to such as what I can give. There was no need to hide what she was before the small male. In fact, if he was truly an adult as he claimed, that meant that he was available for trading with. She licked her lips slightly in anticipation.

Amy Sunders

<style>
.amy1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#C80101; text-shadow:#E23E07 0px 0px 5px;}
.amy1 {background-color:#8a0808; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.amy1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Look stood casually in front of the blonde girl, crossing his arms and tilting his silver-haired head at her. She was a trader? Maybe she had food. Assuming he had a single thing to trade for it. He certainly wasn't trading any of his weapons. He could trade some physical labor, however. Other than that, he probably had nothing of worth to the stranger. He wondered who this Hadley person was, but assumed the male hadn't seen him otherwise the female would've acted like she'd known he was there-- and how young he was-- so he was glad he wasn't caught completely off guard by people stalking him.

"Trader, eh? What kinda wares d'y'trade?" His large ears swiveled forward and he uncrossed his arms, swiftly sticking his large hands into the pockets of his jeans. Another thing he wanted to know was where to get hunting animals; he had not grown up in the wild, and he'd need assistance in his hunting as he sharpened his skills here. The folk down in Arizona had all sorts of animals as well as ones smuggled in from different countries and South America. When he was younger, he and his brother used to visit a neighbor that was a couple miles away that owned all sorts of exotic creatures, including many big cats, monkeys, lemurs and, possibly Leon's favorite critter, fossas.

The gray brute shifted his weight again, his ears flipping back momentarily. "Do y'have any critters?" He wasn't hopeful for a yes of any kind, but it was worth a shot asking. The more help he had getting food for Trigger the better, not to mention having another companion or two would be nice. The longer he stood there, the more awkward he began to feel. The two optime weren't standing close, so first Leon didn't really notice she was about a million feet taller than him. His irritation and discomfort with the fact didn't show on his stoic face, but he was extremely bothered. It was one thing for guys to be taller than him-- that he expected-- but chicks? God damnit.

Leon speaks

Trigger Speaks

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy grinned at the young one's words. I have everything you could ever ask for. If it's not in my wagon, it's something I can get my hands on, easily. There were so many who owed her favors, and various trading spots Amy had set up. It wasn't unusual for her to fulfill a customer's requests. It was part of what made her so successful. Not every trader did what she did, and it made her valuable. She stood out, amongst dozens of traders.

Amy tilted her head to the side as he asked for animals. I have a horse, but I need that for pulling the wagon. It'll take me a little while to get what you wish. Her sharp gaze turned and rested on the young one. Her usually soft eyes held an edge to them. What kind of animals are you looking for? Amy already knew what payment she'd ask for. She could only hope he'd agree. It'd be valuable to have such a wolf under her debt.

Amy Sunders

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I dont want to see you walk away from me
Everything he could ever ask for, huh? He gave a coy smile at the thought of it, "Anything?" he said with a deep, gruff chuckle; he was young, but he'd been around the block more than a few times by now, and it was obvious what his pervy mind was thinking of at that moment. But the next, it was right back on the clean subject of items. "Well, I'd love a horse, too, but I couldn't afford that. I can't... I don't have anythin' t'give back t'y'for the critters I want aside from physical labor," he said looking up at her with a more serious expression, although his mood lightened up a lot and he seemed much more relaxed, "I was wonderin' if you could get me a couple fossas?" He wouldn't be surprised if the woman didn't even know what those were, but if she did, and she could... oh, man, she'd be able to own his ass for a few months at least for getting him them.

"While I'm on that subject, what would it take to get a horse at some point, too?" For a few more months of his ass. Well, for a horse it'd probably be more like a year since he had no items or money or whatever. Getting a horse would be worth it, as would the fossas. Since he'd already inquired about animals he couldn't afford already, he'd look into getting more furs and clothing from another trader at some point, since Amy would have his soul for quite a while if she could get his fossas and a horse. He watched her expectantly and eagerly, excited at the aspect of owning his own fossa babies.

I got everything that you could ever need

Leon speaks

Trigger Speaks

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy's lips curled at the offer. It was a very good one. Her claims would be simple then. She was a bit surprised to hear him ask for such an exotic creature. Inwardly she scolded herself, remembering that she'd already told herself not to underestimate him. Yet here she was, doing exactly that. What a nuisance. She wouldn't let that show though. Her gaze remained calm, a blank slate for people's gazes.

I can get you the cats and horse. Your physical labor cost is Amy smiled coldy promising. You're young, but you show the promise of being quite powerful. However, I already have one slave doing my bidding. Your offer is generous, but unneeded. Amy let her words sink in, allowing the full weight of it to hit him. His work was useless to her.

Now she smiled gently, an almost motherly gaze in her look. I can still get you what you want though. All I'd require from you is a promise. A promise to do whatever three things she asked of him. Two for the cats, one for the horse. She waited, hoping he would agree.

Amy Sunders

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#90d9ff;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/s ... _timg1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
She seemed cold. Leon was put on edge again, but he was unsure why. It didn't show through his own friendly expression, but he was on guard and rather weary, especially when she declared she already had a "slave"... lovely, what was he getting himself into? He supposed this would've happened one way or another at some point in time; he assumed he'd never really have things needed to trade for exotic animals and horses, let alone furs, clothes and food. Although he did allow her comment to stroke his ego; he was small, so he wasn't expecting her to think much of him even though his musculature was promising, though hidden under this clothes at the moment.

She said she could get what he wanted if he made a promise. That had him pause to think whether he should say yes or no or find some other way to pay her, or find someone else that didn't seem so... dark. "Aight, deal." God, he hoped she didn't ask him to kill anyone, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let her know he had a younger brother now. He was careful... but he needed the hunting partner and the pure muscle and easy transport of a horse. He would've had to make a sacrifice sometime. "Any hints on what I'm promising, here?" He wanted to ask when she might be able to get the stuff, but he didn't. He was a little impatient but he was smart enough to know it'd take time, especially for the fossas.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy grinned. He had hesitated at the extraction of a promise. That meant he wouldn't back out. That was very good news for her. Even better, he had accepted. That meant she now had a killer under her wing. Good. You'll just have to repeat after me. His worries about what she would ask him to do was sweet, but unnecessary. She didn't even know what she'd ask him to do.

I'm not too sure. It depends on what I need. That's why I'm taking a promise, as a hold against the future. I don't need your services now, but I would certainly like to have them available when I do. She wouldn't ask him to kill for her, of course. That was her own private pleasure. The things she would ask for would be more along the lines of getting food and repairing stuff. She might also use him to go places she'd gotten in trouble at to continue her trading. Are you read?

Amy Sunders

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/s ... _timg1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Leon's ears remained perked forward at Amy, unsure of what he just agreed to. He was nervous, but she sure as hell didn't look psychotic(besides having a "slave"), so what was the worst that could happen? She didn't look like she'd send him out to kill someone's grandma or go drown a kitten. He gave an obviously more confident nod of his had at her and listened as she spoke again. "Aight, I can do that. I don't promise lightly." If he didn't mean something, he wouldn't dare promise. A promise was a promise; it was another serious part of his moral code that he never, ever broke.

"Ready." He waited a little eagerly to see what he'd have to repeat as his vow to maintain a promise as payment to her, and he was incredibly eager to get his critters. Oh man, was he excited. He grinned at her, a little more sure of the situation and himself now, shifting weight from one let to the other and putting his fingers into his pockets, tilting his head to the side a little while keeping his bright silver gaze on the blonde dog.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Amy smiled sweetly. Clearing her throat she began to speak. By my blood, I promise to give you three things. By my kin I will give you what you ask of me. By my soul I swear that I will not break this, and fulfill the three tasks you grant me. I am Amy Sunders. Her voice changed as she spoke. One could feel how serious this was. The air stirred slightly, as if in response to what she said. If someone could see her aura, they'd see the normally blank air flickering black.

She turned and smiled at the small wolf. Simply replace my name with yours and the contract is sealed. This would be her first contract in the new land. A thrill ran through her veins. This contract was binding. Even after death she would hunt them, chaining their ghosts to the lands. They could not escape her.

Amy Sunders

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Once she began to utter the oath he was to repeat, he suddenly felt like he was making a deal with the devil. He tilted his head to the side further, his brow furrowing in concern. He paused for a moment after she finished and said to just replace her name with his. "You're gonna make me drown a sack of babies, aren't you?" he said jokingly, but part of him was seriously concerned. She was so damn dead serious about this, it worried him. But in the end, he needed the fossas and the horse, so whatever three tasks she'd have him do... he'd fulfill his pledge, even if he did have to murder.

"By my blood, I promise to give you three things. By my kin I will give you what you ask of me. By my soul I swear that I will not break this, and fulfill the three tasks you grant me. I am Leon Hughes." Any amusement he had dropped of his face before he repeated his oath, showing how serious he was, too. "Jus' don't make me squash someone's gramma." His smirk was back, but he was still inwardly uneasy at the aspect of the three tasks she'd have him do. "I'll probably be stayin' in Ethereal Eclipse, and if I move into a pack I'll let y'know where I am."

</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC

She nodded at his words. Amy was well pleased with this addition. He was smart, cunning, and powerful. He would keep his promise as well. She didn't react to his words, but underneath her emotions flared. That wasn't the deal. He would do whatever she asked of him. Right then and there Amy was tempted to waste one of the favors on forcing him to hurt someone, just to prove how much control she had. Amy wouldn't though. She was too business minded to waste a favor on something as petty as that.

Turning to leave Amy absorbed the information about his location. I'll return in two weeks time. Then you will get what you've asked for. Already her mind was calculating, picking out who to contact. She already knew where she could get the horse, but the cats would be more difficult. Amy smiled as she recalled the map she had. It showed where she could get the cats. The deal was complete.

Amy Sunders

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#90d9ff;} .Leon01 i {color:#6B6B79;} .Leon01 i2 {color:#A7A7A7;}</style>
That was that, he supposed. He made his deal with the devil and he was bound to his word and her no matter her inhumane and insane her demands were. The day he fulfilled his oath couldn't come soon enough. He brushed his bangs out of his face for a moment before the silver locks fell back into his vision and he watched her curiously; she seemed to lose any humor she might've previously had and he guessed it was because of his teasing comment. Oh well. He inwardly shrugged at the thought glancing away momentarily before she said she'd be back in two weeks. He'd meet her here, he assumed, since he was pretty sure he wouldn't see her again until that time.

"Aight. Looking forward to it," Leon said casually, his young, narrow face becoming rather stoic in the face of unknown wishes and the seriousness of the pretty blonde girl. Her looks really deceived her. He wasn't going to thank her until the deal was closed and he got his precious critters, but he did have an air of appreciation about him. Once that was said, he turned and left her to come up with her game plan and head back to her cart; he'd go back to his den and tell his brother the good news and the good fortune he had in finding a trader willing to take three promised favors over material goods.

Leon speaks Trigger Speaks

</style>
[/html]