It's a beautiful thing
[html]

Fore-dated to the 11th derp. Big Grin (If that's okay with you).

Word Count → 600

Irinei was not entirely sure where he was. He'd woken with only a vague memory of where he was, and then he'd actually taken note of where he was, and this was not it. There was a pelt of some kind pulled over him, and a fire burning next to him, with the odd smell of unfamiliar spices drifting in the air around him. Dark blue eyes took in the scene with caution, and he pulled a hand from beneath the blanket, beginning to push himself up, only for his ribs to seize and convulse. He gasped, and dropped back to the hard forest floor, whimpering in pain.

"You are quite injured, my friend. We pulled you out from under quite a bit of debris, and it's a wonder you are alive." Swentzle, who'd listened to the whole thing from across the fire, rose and came around the campsite, tucking the injured dog back under the pelt before he could further injure himself. "Where...am I?" The white dog asked, but didn't try to move, as Swentzle now carried the airs of a healer. The wolfdog sat beside his injured patient, shooting a worried glance at the bandaged and splinted leg that lay beneath the furs before he settled again, calming himself. Worry would get him nowhere, and would only invite evil spirits to feast on their minds; it was better to stay calm and sure. He'd had two days to build the mask he wore now, and he refused to let it falter just because his patient seemed fully conscious for the first time since being injured.

"You are in my campsite, in an area known as the Dampwoods." He said, because details usually helped calm people down; it had always worked on the Shikoban warriors, and it was no different for the stranger, though he was still tense, as he was with unfamiliar people. Swentzle continued nonetheless. "I brought you here after you were crushed by a collapsing building. I've done everything I can to help you, but you've been unconscious." He folded his arms over his chest, lifting his head and then cocking it to the side so that he studied the stranger out of one eye. "I would like for you to answer some questions, and then you may rest more." Irinei found himself nodding, and relaxing back against the make-shift pillow as he waited for the interrogation.

"Who are you? You smell of no pack that I have come across, or I would return you to your people." Irinei closed his eyes and sighed. "My name is Irinei Pajari. I'm a marauder...not from around here." Swentzle nodded. "I am Swentzle Byström. You are free to stay with me for as long as you need, Irinei; I do not turn away the needy." He paused a moment, to think of anything else he'd needed to ask, but Irinei's eyes were drifting shut, so Swentzle simply rose and went to his wagon, bringing out a small bowl and a canteen. He filled the bowl with water, and then crushed herbs for pain between his fingers and left the leafy bits to swirl within the liquid. He gave it a moment to saturate, and then returned to his patient, lifting the white dog's head and holding the bowl to his lips. "Drink this, and rest. I will bandage your wounds again tomorrow." Irinei drank a bit of what was in the bowl, and then relaxed into his bed, falling into a deeper sleep as Swentzle contemplated what he was going to do with the male.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
I could've swore Iri said "I'm Iri. I'm a murderer."

[html]
http://i52.tinypic.com/k20j60.png);background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

It'd been a few days since Trigger and Leon had made it to this particular region and they'd spend nearly the whole time in Ethereal Eclipse. The two were beginning to get restless there so Leon decided to take his brother and explore outside the verdant forest and toward the Dampwoods. They ended up in(that one square) an area where a couple others were; Leon could smell the fire and two strange scents. He was tempted to have Trigger stay where he was, but he didn't want to leave the young pup waiting around in a strange forest that neither of them were used to.

That and... maybe this stranger had some food? Leon put a hand to his stomach as he tried to stifle a growl, but Trigger tilted his hand at the sound. "C'mon," the ten-month-old said quietly as he lead the way to the little campsite. He stopped behind a tree, peering out at the fire. There were two optime there; one was tending to the other who was obviously pretty badly injured. There was a horse and cart and his silver eyes easily spotted other supplies.

He was going to take a step forward when his eyes shot open wider than they were and he stepped back. Fuck. He knew that scent was somewhat familiar, along with how the standing optime looked. Not too long ago Leon had been roped into a raid on this man's village; he and Trigger were starving then, too, not to mention he was outnumbered and had left Trigger in another den that day. The males were also larger than him and when he refused they kicked him around until he finally agreed.

Bad shit happened that day. Those idiots! Leon just wanted food to feed he and his brother. After the original raiders ran off, Leon tried to stay behind to help, but the villagers angrily chased him off. He managed to escape with a small meal that he gave to Trigger that night. The boy nudged the back of Leon's knee, trying to get him to move forward as his own stomach grumbled for sustenance. Leon waved a hand back at him while he peered into the small clearing. Maybe the guy wouldn't recognize him?

You know what? Fuck it. He and his brother were hungry, and it's not like he wanted to be any part of that. The gray wolf rubbed his right bicep with a hand anxiously, looking down at his earthy, hazel-eyed brother who gave him an encouraging smile. Finally, the two brother stepped out of the shadows and cautiously approached the campsite. "Hey." Leon spoke casually; for all his nervousness, he didn't show an ounce of it, but Trigger was able to see his brother's unease clearly.

Leon speaks

Trigger Speaks

[/html]
[html]

LOL no. |D

Word Count → 368

Swentzle sighed as he watched his guest settle into an uneasy sleep, resting his head in his hands for a brief moment before he rose and began moving around the campsite. It was still early, only perhaps mid-morning, but he couldn't see much. He rubbed his hands together uneasily, gazing into the fire with a troubled look on his face as Hamza began making a commotion behind him. The bison wasn't hooked up to the cart, but he stood dangerously close to it. Swentzle was quick to soothe his mount, running his hands over his head and murmuring soothing words in the Old Tongue until he'd calmed down. His eyes were still wild, though, and they rolled strangely in his head. Swentzle pet him quietly, frowning even more as he took in how distressed the usually calm buffalo was.

It soon became apparent what was frightening him so, as two young wolves came into the campsite across the fire. Swentzle turned his head toward them, his eyebrows raising slightly in surprise as he noticed something...familiar...about the older one. He gazed at them for a long moment, his mouth pulled down curiously, before he moved away from Hamza and around the fire to check on Irinei again. "Salutations, strangers. What brings you to my camp?" His hand hovered over the blonde dog's mouth for a moment to make sure his breath was steady, and then settled on his leg and put light pressure. Irinei whimpered in his sleep, but he didn't wake, which meant the herbs were doing their job. He rose again and turned his attention back to his new guests.

He couldn't shake the familiarity of the one who'd spoken, and he crossed his arms and turned his head at a different angle, as though that might help him see better. It didn't; the smoke, wafting in lazy red waves from the fire, obscured his vision, and his eyes were already so poor that it shouldn't have surprised him as much as it did. The incense obscured the scents in the air, as well, and after a moment he had to give up. Wherever he'd seen the man before, it couldn't be terribly important.

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#90d9ff;} .Leon01 i {color:#6B6B79;} .Leon01 i2 {color:#A7A7A7;}</style>
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/s ... _timg1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Leon and Trigger both looked over to the startled bison with wide eyes, both a little unnerved by the large beast. They had no idea it was even there until it made distressed sounds and movements, alerting the stranger of their presence before he knew they were there. The guy seemed rather busy as he moved over to the dog he was taking care of to check on him, but only after asking what they were doing there. Leon lifted a hand to his bicep and looked to the side nervously and Trigger nuzzled the older boy's thigh with his dark brown nose. What was he going to say? "We need food"? "We need furs"? He didn't feel right asking anything of the eye-scarred older male. He was part of that fucking raid... although it seemed he wasn't recognized, which was good. For now. He wouldn't be surprised if Swentzle never did recognize him; things happened so quick, everything was rushed and in a panic, it's not like he'd stood around conversing with the guy before stealing some food. In fact, he was sure Swentzle had run off before he'd been chased out of the village himself.

Trigger nudged Leon's leg again and let out a little whine as his teeth chattered against each other. "We don't have much supplies. Was wonderin' if you had anythin' t'spare?" Leon finally said awkwardly, looking in the stranger's direction finally. "We're cold." the tawny younger boy chimed in, not trying to guilt anyone into giving them free stuff, just letting him know. "What happened to him? Is he gonna be okay?" he said looking toward the dog and taking a few steps forward, only to feel his tail get seized by Leon to make sure he didn't go any farther. Leon looked curiously to the sleeping bandaged mutt. It looked like he got ran over or something. Suddenly his stomach sank sickeningly quick; he wasn't injured in that raid, was he? Leon didn't do that, right? Leon had hurt people before, he'd fought and maimed-- he'd left his dad near death when he fought him for hurting Trigger-- but this was different. Those people deserved their beatings in one way or another. Hurting someone innocent was a whole different story. The two boys fell silent, then, waiting for responses on any of the things they'd said. Leon waited more uncomfortably than Trigger.

Leon speaks Trigger Speaks

</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 434

Swentzle looked up as the males finally spoke, and his ears lingered over the voice of the younger one, reminded painfully of his daughter. A small smile pulled at his maw, and he moved toward the cart, pulling back the tarps and moving by smell and touch more than sight. "You are in luck," He said, as he pulled out one of his spare blankets--not furs, unfortunately, but wool; just as thick and warm as they could come--as well as a package of dried meat he'd gotten from Antiman. "I recently restocked in Freetown. Mostly herbs, but I do have some things I can spare." He folded the blanket over his arm and moved around the fire, holding that and the dried meat out. "That will last you the next few months, if you cannot find anything else to eat. It is food for travel." He explained, and then returned to his wagon, pulling sacks open and inhaling carefully. Most of them contained herbs; some had spices. He didn't suppose they would like any of those, though. Frowning thoughtfully, he pawed through one of the bags in the far back, and found only some of the things he didn't like to think about--an old doll he'd taken from Shevon's room before he left, his mateship bracelect curled in the bottom of the bag, the headdress he'd once worn at council. Leaving those things alone for another day, he leaned back and brushed his hands off thoughtfully.

"I have nothing else that you might be interested in." He said, scratching at his chin, and turned toward the two, pausing to comfort Hamza once more as the bison bellowed unhappily. "But my companion, Fovea, will be returning shortly with breakfast. You're free to join us." He was about to smile again, but it never quite reached his face, as the young pup asked after his patient. Swentzle turned toward him, sighing heavily. "I am not sure what will happen to him. I can only do my best." He folded himself into a sitting position beside the fire, taking the staff he'd left lying there to poke at the logs in the fire. "I pulled him from a pile of rubble, in a city to the south of here. He was virtually crushed; it's a wonder he's alive." Swentzle shook his head, casting the mutt a look out of the corner of his eye. He might once have said it was he who'd saved the dog's life and kept him breathing this long; but nowadays Swentzle knew everything was part of a greater design.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#FFFFFF;} .Leon01 i {color:#5f5fab;} .Leon01 i2 {color:#9da1ff;}</style>
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ontab1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Both the boy's ears perked and their expressions grew curious and grateful when the older religious man said they were in luck. They sure as hell were; Leon's expression showed his surprise at the large amount of dried meat and the amazingly awesome wool blanket the man held out for them. "Th-thank you," he managed to get out as he took both things. He automatically draped and wrapped the large, thick wool blanket over Trigger, who grinned and pressed his nose into it happily. "Thank you so much, mister!" the youngster yipped, his tail wagging hard behind him. Before Leon stood again, he patted the boy's back and licked his cheek tenderly and then turned back to Swentzle, "Is there anything I can do to repay you for this?" The gray man tilted his head to the side slightly, his face remaining rather stoic with the faint etchings of concern and appreciation.

As he waited for an answer to that and to the explanation about his little mutt pet, Leon opened the package of dried meat and ate a little, offering some to his salivating brother, who eagerly took a few pieces from the optime as he offered them. The man even offered for them to stay for breakfast! The two Hughes brothers looked at each other, silently agreeing that they couldn't pass up the chance for fresh meat and friendly company. Leon still felt awfully guilty, and felt he needed to make up not only for the stranger's kindness, but for the fact that he was a part of that horrible raid. But he wouldn't admit to the latter-- no, this man didn't recognize him, yet at least-- he wouldn't cause him any upset since he had such an injured man to take care of. Along with the fact that his vision was fucked up. Damnit. Leon wished he could fix everything.

Trigger whined quietly at the unconscious optime's story; that was horrible. He was extremely lucky to be alive. "Is... is there anything we can do to help? You and him?" Trigger looked between Swentzle and the blonde dog and Leon did the same before tucking the bag of generously donated dried meat into the sack around Trigger. "Maybe we can stay with you a couple days and help out, if y'want er don' mind." The brute hoped he said yes, because then his guilt would begin to ease a little. Even he knew, though, it'd take much longer for him to truly make up for what had happened, even if Swentzle never figured out he was a part of the raid on his village.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 427

Swentzle smiled fondly at their gratitude, and inclined his head to show that it was not unwelcome. When the older one spoke of repayment, however, Swentzle shook his head, holding up a hand as though to wave away the very thought. "There is no need, my friend. I am happy to give aide." The thought would never cross his mind to demand repayment for such things, as it might others; he merely hoped that these young strangers would remember, and--should they come across him, or anyone else, in need--pass on the kindness. That was all he ever hoped for, and it was no different for Trigger and Leon. Brushing his long hair back, he gave a heavy little sigh, and then held his hands out to the fire, finding the weather to be growing colder.

As the two shared the bits of dried meat, Fovea slunk up behind them, winding her way through the trees and brushing as close as she dared to the strangers before circling the fire to sit primly at Swentzle's side. He held a hand out for whatever small game she'd caught, but there was nothing; she'd come back empty-handed. His brow furrowed, and he turned to look at her fully, seeing a rather smug look on her face. But then, she always looked smug. "Fovea, quid est hoc?" He asked, his voice stern and scolding. Fovea purred deep in her throat, and circled once, then began walking away, her tail flicking leisurely. Swentzle sighed, running a hand over his eyes, and took up his staff, rising to his feet to follow her. "It seems Fovea has brought down something larger than a hare." Swentzle said, and then paused and added, "At least, I hope that's the case, and not that she's simply gotten lazy."

The boys spoke before he could leave, and he paused, offering them another out-of-character smile. "I must leave for a few moments; if you wish to help, truly, you could watch Irinei while I'm gone. We would have to discuss you're staying with me," He added, aimed more toward Leon than Trigger, "As I am considering a journey to a pack in the Halcyon Mountains very shortly. We are unprotected out here, and I cannot defend more than myself." He left the decision up to the boys, though, and gave them a short nod as he grabbed hold of the end of Fovea's tail and began weaving his way through the morning fog. Hopefully toward their breakfast; but you never knew, with Fovea.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">.Leon01 b {color:#FFFFFF;} .Leon01 i {color:#5f5fab;} .Leon01 i2 {color:#9da1ff;}</style>
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ontab1.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Still, Leon wanted to make up for the kindness shown to him. Particularly to Swentzle, but this kindness would extend past the both of them; the Hughes man would help anyone needing it from him if he came across anyone in need. Of course, he would've helped them out had Swentzle not been kind himself; Leon wasn't a heartless bastard. It just wasn't often anyone needed or wanted help from him. Soon, that Fovea critter came back without a single thing and the animal's companion said something in a foreign language to the mountain lion. Such a cat was something else the two Hughes had never seen before, despite them living in Arizona, too. They were reclusive creatures, and they'd both heard horror stories about the cats, so when Fovea slinked out from the bush and sat by Swentz, the two brothers tensed and watched the pair uneasily.

The man didn't seem all too pleased about going to see what his kitty took down(if anything). Of course, he didn't seem pleased with anything at all... he was a cheery fellow, wasn't he? Leon gave a nod to Swentz's last words before he remembered he needed to speak up since the poor man couldn't see well at all. "Yeah, we can do that, at least." Trigger gave a whine of agreement as he trotted over to the sleeping mutt and laid down by him. He knew the religious man wouldn't be gone too long, but you couldn't be too careful, especially in Irinei's poor shape. Leon glanced between the three of them, thinking there'd be no need to stay with Swentzle and his injured companion if they went and joined a pack. He needed to see what packs there were and what they had to offer before he'd decide to take Trigger and settle down in one... so Swentzle wouldn't need their help if they didn't stay in the Dampwoods any longer. The gray youth moved over toward the fire and sat down by it, reaching his hands out to warm them. The two silently waited for the man's reappearance, hopeful for some fresh meat.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 407

Swentzle followed Fovea through the Dampwoods to a large field, in which he soon found a deer--a doe, if he wasn't mistaken--lying, dead, on the grass. He nudged it a few times with his staff, just to be sure, and then used the walking stick to lift it a bit, slipping an arm beneath it and lifting it slightly onto his shoulders. It was rather heavy, but not so much so that he could not carry it back to camp; he only needed to stop for a few moments every now and then as he made his way back, the weight of the doe making his shoulders sag. He used the staff to pull himself along, and when he finally reached the clearing where his small campsite was held, he rolled the deer off his shoulders and dropped it beside the fire, straightening and stretching his back with a small series of pops.

"She managed to bring down a deer. A very lucky day, indeed." He said, and left it there for a moment to check on Irinei, careful not to trip over Trigger, who lay beside him. "Did he wake?" Swentzle asked the young boy as he lay a hand over the male's mouth and nose, making sure he was still breathing. He would have checked his injuries as well, but the leg was still quite mangled, and he didn't want to give either of the younger men nightmares. He brushed a hand over the furs on the man's chest, instead, pressing down gently, and waiting a moment for a response. There was none; with a satisfied nod, he stood and returned to the fire, going first to the wagon to search for a skinning knife. He would only take a side of the meat, he decided; that would save less work and allow them to eat more quickly. Pulling the bone-handled, stone-bladed knife from a bag, he returned to the deer, and began the work of preparing their breakfast.

As he worked, he swiveled an ear toward the older boy, and said, "Will you be accompanying me north, then, my friends? Or shall we be parting ways?" He had other supplies he could spare, if that was so; he was sure they wouldn't mind some herbs of some kind, especially the pain-easing Aloe. And Swentzle wanted to do something more for these boys, even if he didn't quite understand why.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
The sweet smell of venison reached the boys before their new friend had come back with Fovea's kill; Trigger lifted his head and looked over, his tail automatically wagging at the sight. Leon looked a tad eager himself and he stood up, about to move over to help the older male when he set the carcass down to move over to Iri and check on him. Trigger stayed perfectly still where he was as to not make Swentzle trip over him. "No, he hasn't moved. He's... okay, right? he asked wearily as he watched the man press on Irinei's chest and there was no reaction, which he was unsure was a good thing or not. He didn't really understand herbs and their effects, but he trusted Swentz knew what he was doing and was taking good care of the mutt.

Leon watched Swentzle carefully and quietly, eying him as he pulled out a knife and got to work skinning the deer and cutting the side. The Hughes man never did take too much care preparing whatever he managed to catch; whether it was a rabbit or deer, both of the brothers dove right in. So much of their lives were incredibly humanized, yet they ate like the animals they were. Most of the time. Once Leon had a better way to store extra meat, he'd have to take care to prepare it in a way that it would last a long time.

"Mm. I don't know anythin' 'bout the packs here, I need t'look into it. We'll prolly stay in Ethereal Eclipse for a while longer. Till we find a good pack." Otherwise he would've gone with Swentzle, but he could find a way to work toward repaying the man for his kindness and make up for being part of that raid later. "What pack're y'joinin'?" Trigger shifted aside Irinei, keeping an eye on him like a good boy, concerned as he was for a complete stranger. Although he did mainly watch Swentzle work, trying to keep himself from drooling.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 349

Swentzle paused to smile at the younger boy, nodding reassuringly. "He is--or will be--perfectly fine. The herbs I gave him were intended to take his pain away; that he feels nothing is a good sign." He explained as he went about preparing breakfast. Sometimes he liked to simply dig in to a kill, like the animal he was, but life in the Shikoban tribe had been incredibly civilized; they cooked their meat, sometimes with spices, and held great feasts in honor of the spirits. They built houses out of cloth and wood, as the books in the city pictured, and they lived a comfortable life on two legs, not four; it was only natural that he continue to live as such on his own.

Once the rib cage was cracked open and the side he'd chosen was pulled out, he set about butchering it carefully, cutting it up into smaller pieces so that it didn't smother the fire. He nodded at Leon's words as he did so, finally setting out three separate racks in front of him. "This is a wise plan. I would have done the same, had my companion not needed dire attention." He slid his gaze to Irinei, frowning sadly. The white dog looked sickly, even in Swentzle's poor vision; there were shadows along his form that the brindle dog took to be the malevolent spirits of sickness, coming to feast while no one was looking. He would have gone and banished them, if he didn't have two other guests to worry about; instead, he passed out the two larger cuts to the boys, shaking his head as he rubbed the spice/incense on his own and tossed it onto the fire. "We will be joining the pack Ichika No Ho-En. It is rumored a peaceful place, and the inhabitants I've met have done nothing to disillusion me." He answered the young man's question, and then began a soft, quiet chant beneath his breath in the Old Tongue, the ritual only rendered somewhat ineffective by the lack of the Awk in his hand.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Leon had never met anyone quite as religious as this. In fact, there'd been no religious folk back home at all. They were all... well, not religious. They just lived day by day without thinking of spirits and gods and whatever stuff but Leon and Trigger both weren't dumb enough, nor close-minded enough to discount anyone's religious beliefs or the chance that there might be some things like that out there. They just didn't believe it themselves or think about it, but the two of them were sure thinking about it now. Trigger gave a bit of a relieved sigh and a nod of his head at the answer. Okay, so that's why he didn't react. So that was a good thing! "Okay, good," he responded with another wag of his tail and another glance to the sleeping Irinei. He sat up, then, and moved away to get a little closer to the fire and Swentzle when he put out the three slices and then passed two larger slices to him and his brother.

The tawny boy gently took his slice and politely chowed down with a happy grin on his face, but only after giving his thanks in the form of an appreciative whine. Leon took his, too, and muttered his thanks quietly. The pack he spoke of sounded nice. Peaceful is what they'd need, as well as it having honest people living there. "D'y'know anymore 'bout it than that?" he asked out of curiosity before taking a healthy bite of his venison and nearly letting out a pleased whine at the taste of the fresh meat, but he stopped it in his throat before it could come out and embarrass him. He really did want to settle in a pack and have the safety of that keeping his brother safer than they would in this patch of the forest in their wild little den, hidden only by thick bush and tree cover. They were open for attack by anyone who saw fit, really, and they'd have no one to back them up. He really needed to make the effort to get information on all the packs around here.

</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 239

Swentzle paused in his chanting at the question, going over what little information he did have, and then frowned thoughtfully, leaning against his staff and gazing into the fire. "From what I gather, they are non-violent, and do everything that needs to be done in order to uphold those views." Which was no less than what he'd expect, of course; those who intended to do harm--those who did harm--had to be met with the same ferocity that drove them, or they would never learn. Had the raiders not surprised his village, they might have suffered a great punishment at the hands of their leaders, rather than simply being run off; but the fact of the matter was, the Shikobans had other things on their mind at that time. Swentzle shifted to turn his ribs over on the fire, inhaling the sweet, chile-cinnamon scent, and then sighed, taking them off and enjoying his own meal with quiet dignity.

After a moment's pause, he continued quietly, staring into space with an odd look about his face. "I was told they were family-oriented. It would be a good place to...raise my daughter." The last he said almost under his breath, and his voice was briefly pained, as he thought about how stupid he had been to abandon them. If only he could see Anzhela and Shevon now; he would have loved to hold his darling girl.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
As Leon and Trigger ate their slice of deer, the two listened to Swentzle's words carefully. He didn't really have much else to say about the pack besides they were extremely peaceful.... it had Leon wondering if they'd even fight to protect their members if they were attacked or if they were purely passive. He'd assume not, since that would open them up for attacks and raids and all kinds of bad shit, and they wouldn't put their members in danger, he'd hope. His mind wandered again, back to the raid, as Swentz's did, and he really, sincerely hoped the man didn't find out he was there. It hadn't been his choice, but he couldn't very well defend it even if he was beaten into submitting to the idea and forced into it. He wouldn't excuse it regardless.

Leon's sharp silver eyes looked up to the religious man. A family-oriented pack was nice, but he wasn't sure what all that really meant. Was it only for the family that was there, or...? Maybe not, since Swentzle wanted to join. He didn't quite catch what the end of his sentence was, but he got the idea that the man had family. Somewhere. Leon and Trigger stayed with the man and his unconscious company for a few more hours before they parted ways and the Hughes boys headed back to their den in Ethereal Eclipse. The two left grateful for the company, kindness and donations, and Leon planned on finding Swentzle again sometime soon.

</style>
[/html]