New Character Q's
Hey guys! I just joined and spent the last 2-3 hrs trying to get up to speed on all the information on this site! The first pack that really stuck out to me was AniWaya because I'm in love with Native American culture. For my first character I was thinking I'd try to stick to what I know best (male, warrior types) but I quickly found out the warrior position was disbanded.

I'm new to this genre with no human shape, but I want to step out of my comfort zone and try something new! I've played werewolves tons but just never without a human shape. I played on a wolves only site when I first started role playing about 10-12 years ago but it's been a long time! I'm a decent writer but it will take me some time to get used to walking upright wagging his tail and talking about his fur and stuff! ;]

I guess my main question would be, how can I best create a character that would fit in AniWaya? I was brainstorming a bit and thought a surviving warrior that was displaced after the conflict could be fun. So he could be injured and probably had to recover from his injuries and after he finally was well again learned he no longer had a job. So he'd probably have to get work as taking care of the horses or hunting perhaps? I'd imagine he'd be kind of bitter about losing his title and working a low end position and also hold a bit of a grudge after having watched all his brothers die on the field.

But maybe he could grow in his new position, develop an interest in horse training, and if all goes well and the ban is eventually lifted be reinstated some day?

Anyways, I read about how you have to start low and work your way up in positions so I didn't want to write this type of history without asking the proper authorities (admins, pack members, etc.) so I thought I'd just throw up with thread and see what you think!

Also, other ideas are definitely encouraged. I'm willing to change up his history and give him some already established relations with other characters on the board and stuff. Could change his last name and make him related. The sky is the limit!

Brainstorm with me guys? =) Oh, and nice to meet you all!! <3
Nice to meet you and welcome! I'm Sie, part of the admin team. If you run into any issues, feel free to PM me personally, if you'd like. c:

AniWaya's leadership has actually just posted a notice regarding a quarantine from the internet until Wednesday. :C However, I did nab her before she disappeared for the day, and she thinks your idea is just fine. c: One of her suggestions was that your character was involved in the war, and his leg sustained an injury, thus preventing him from leaving with the rest of the departing characters.

She did want to note that if your character supported Maska in the war efforts, he would have to be ranked as Itawamba, as it's the only rank that makes sense for Maska-supporters. c: He was the bad guy in the war, essentially, so anyone who supported him would have some proving to do.

I can't answer specific questions about AniWaya, but I hope that helps you out? O: I'll try to answer whatever to the best of my ability, but unfortunately, this is really Marit's area of expertise, and she'll be out until Wednesday. :C

Welcome again! It's great to have you. <3
I'm not a leader but I don't think that warriors will be in for a long time. And your character as a Maska supporter would find it hard for anyone willing to help him. But that might be an interesting way to develop your character. If you want a thread once you join AniWaya, feel free to let me know.
Thanks Ayasha & Sie! You guys are awesome for being so welcoming. I'll definitely have to hit you up for a thread Ayasha.

Here's what I'm thinking...

He was a warrior who fell under Maska's reign when he took over. As he was trained, he upheld his duty to the chief for some time, even when things got really bad and he began to doubt. But then some time before the Oct 17th raid, he refused to persecute those that are not of their kind and further the violent segregation policies. I think he'd have defied a direct order to hunt down and imprison / kill someone on Maska's list and he'd get thrown in prison for treason.

Then a few months later, Crimson and Cour come in and free the prisoners who then side with them. Having seen the evil of Maska, and being more than a little angry about being thrown in prison for the last few months he takes up the cause.

Perhaps they decide not to strip him of his rank because he was no longer allied with Maska at that time? And he's wounded in the fight and they see that sacrifice as proof of his new found loyalty? So he's reassigned to a lower position but not totally stripped of his rank? I just say this because I want him to have a shot of one day regaining his warrior title and if he is seen as Maska's puppet I'm not sure that would happen. I'm sure the tribe would still remember he was once Maska's warrior and thus some might hate him for that, but in the eyes of the law he'd have turned things around?

Let me know if that works. [:
That should work but a lot of AniWayans are going to be wary and/or angry at him.
That's fine by me! Adds more to develop and will probably lead to more interesting plots. -fingers crossed- I stuck up a joining application! Thanks for the help!!