Peace on Earth
[html]
OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

The trip had taken the Sole quite some time but it would be rewarding, he was sure. Aniwaya had been on his mind since the war, what had become of them? Was Maska gone for good? At the end of the mess he had been creating Casa di Cavalieri and had missed out on the news after the defeat of Maska and his Guardians. He had left his pack in hopes of arriving at the boarders of Aniwaya within the day but had decided to take a detour before heading out. Halifax had always been a welcoming place for the warrior and it was clear that he had picked up a few things from the bulging of his backpack. Nightfall had arrived before he knew it and Jazper had taken up camp in an old building for the night. Leaving as the sun arose it took him almost the entire day just to get to the Tribe as travel was not particularly fast in his Optime form and with his bag it would be near impossible to run in his halfling form.

Finally approaching the tribe’s boarders he sniffed the air. Clearly the pack was still established but that said nothing for their leadership. There was no way they would allow Dawali back into leadership after he fought against his own during the war. His hand rested in his short’s pocket, fiddling with the beaded feather he planned to give to the new leadership after some inspection. Aniwaya needed time to recover but the peaceful name of the tribe had been destroyed, they would have to rebuild it and Jazper would not just offer up the gift without believing the new leader would stand for the message of peace with him. Lifting his large head into the air a deep howl resonated throughout the territory calling for the leadership.

<style type="text/css">
.jazz-m b {font-weight:bold; color:#85642c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jazz-m p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jazz-m {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#463722; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2YxJs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 285px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867756; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jazz-m p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jazz-m p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Finally!

This was a firm howl that reached her ears, and she responded to it automatically, quickly finishing the braid she was in the middle of, wrapping her shawl up around her and exiting the building. The horse she had picked out, a mare, stoor outside - it was easier to keep it there, than in the stables. She was baffled that this tribe had chosen to build the stables so far away from the centre of the Village, but then again many things were different in this place. She now had the chance to change things around, however moving a building as complex as the stables area would obviously never be done. Instead, she set up a preliminary roof outside, and as she found her mare there she was quite dry and not cold..

The distance to the border was formidable, but luckily the call had not come from the easternmost end of the claimed lands, but more to the north. It was easier to navigate these well-trodden paths - no doubt Dawali had made use of them as well. Was she stepping in his footsteps, now? There was hope that she would do better, and at the same time as good as Dawali had done. It was worrisome, and she handled herself with great authority as she neared the borders and spotted the lone figure standing there. Her large form dominated the scenery atop the mare's back, but she made her stop and swung down from it as soon as she was close enough, continuing the last few yards on foot. Still, she was no little girl that was standing there, and she made use of her seven feet height to signal her dominance of the area. Still, she was not unpleasant. "Unalihelitseti, I am Ulilohi, Councilwoman. What do you seek?". Her common speech was accented by her AniWayan upbringing as she delivered them with her deep, rolling voice, smiling. The question was perhaps rude to some, but it was a mere translation of a polite phrase in AniWayan, and she would not be able to see it otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Bad. Post is bad :| / +300

It was only a small wait before a female atop a horse came trotting up to the boarder. Unfolding his arms the warrior reminded himself to keep his tail tucked and his ears relaxed. Even though he had full control in his own lands at another’s boarder he was no one. Was this the new leader? It was strange to see a female in the place where Dawali had once stood. Not because it was a female, as Jazper had grown up under two female leaders and was certainly no stranger to the positives of a female in control, heck he had asked Anann to join him in leadership, it wasn’t the gender but the placement within Aniwaya. Jazper had always thought that a ‘Chief’ was male. However he was not very well versed in the culture of Aniwaya past extreme basics so he was not one to make assumptions.

The introduction was simple and straight to the point, her display of dominance clear. Odd how someone so new to the control, that he had helped strip away, wished to be a proper leader. Sizing the new alphess up and down Jazper noted that she wasn’t a bad looking women but it was her personality that interested him the most. “I’m Jazper Rhiannon Knight, the Sole and alpha male of Casa di Cavalieri.“ Although he allowed his body to relax into a submissive state he wished for this new leader to understand him involvement in the war. “Aniwaya caused much pain to my previous pack, Crimson Dreams and I decided to create Casa out of my drive to prevent my loved ones from being harmed again.”

Pausing he thought about the pain he had felt being separated from Fia. “I wish for our packs to be at peace Ulilohi. I just want you to know first though that your tribe has caused me personal pain, as my youngest daughter, hardly a year old, was stolen from me in the middle of the night and I had to fight to get her back in less than perfect condition. A peaceful bond was broken under the previous command and I hope we can rebuild it.” The warrior did not have to push his body into a submissive state because for now he wanted to show this female how much he cared for his family and friends. He hoped the past could be put behind him but the scars would be there forever.

<style type="text/css">
.jazz-m b {font-weight:bold; color:#85642c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jazz-m {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#463722; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2YxJs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 285px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867756; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Nah! Silly Melissa is too self-conscious <3

He responded to her greeting by returning his titles and name. Ulilohi's beaded mane jingled as she nodded while listening, not understanding his titles at all. Still, by the sheer number of them and by his need to express them, she assumed that he was a leader of the pack in question, whose name she could not pronounce. All of these packs and their unpronouncable names - why could they not be simpler? Her AniWayan tongue was not used to the hoops this place forced it to dance through, and she found herself wondering how Dawali had coped. Drawing her breath to reply to his first statement, she found that he continued, and she refrained from speaking until he had spoken through it all. It was hard to know whether she should be insulted by his forwardness, or whether it was simply practical. It was not customary that meetings between leaders were held standing up at the borders. This one clearly knew nothing of AniWaya, but she would forgive him his ignorance. It seemed to Ulilohi that hardly anyone knew anything about AniWaya, by the way she was approached. "I know only a bare minimum of what happened before I came here," she began, her deep, rich voice carefully delivering the words. Her place was not to console the male, and yet she found herself apologising, again. Annoyance wanted to shuffle her feet but she struck it down: she would have to be patient with the blame-dealing strangers of this land. It was, regardless, still unsettling that so many of them still viewed her as a representative of what had occurred before she set foot in AniWaya. "I urge you to view the past conflicts as past, and not as the work of AniWaya but that of Maska's." She had interviewed some of the 'disloyal' AniWayans, and found that most members who had not been Guardians had not supported their leader. It was unfair to label them as if they had willingly aided his actions. "I am not Maska nor Dawali, and I am yet to properly settle in here, but my tribe is weakened, and we want no enemies." It was with certainty, not mere conviction, she spoke. They had no warriors: one attack, and it was the end of AniWaya. She would not fail this new-found challenge.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: / +300

Her words came, though slow and planned it seemed. Jazper had never been one to really think before he opened his mouth, which usually got him into a pickle. He was smart enough to shut up and listen once he was done speaking though, having said a lot in the first minute of meeting the new leader. After he had spat out the words he began to think over them as the woman spoke. Maybe he should have been softer in his approach, he didn’t know if this woman preferred to be told where others stand right out of if she required a gentler approach to the situation.

As the words processed in his brain he found himself deciding that he had rushed the conversation. This could be a perfectly lovely leader and he wouldn’t know because he had decided before speaking that he needed to force her to understand his own thoughts and had not allowed her to open up to the ideas before pushing them into her hands. Bowing slightly he spoke in a softer tone, My apologies, I did not mean to accuse you of the deeds of the previous leaders. I believed Dawali to be a good man until he sided with Maska and I am sure Aniwaya is in good paw’s now. If I may ask, what is your name? At some point Dawali had been a kind fellow with a solid head on his shoulders but something had made him decide to follow that ass of a man and whatever the reason, it was not good enough for Jazper.

So, have you met many of the other leaders yet? He asked with a bit of a grin, Most are the half decent kind of folk. Gotta watch out for Inferni though, some of their members are a bit nasty. The speech rolled off his tongue in a casual manner, hoping to relax the leader before him as well as hear more about the other leaders who had stopped in. The last time he had heard from Aniwaya the Court members and Dreamers had taken over and he couldn’t help but wonder how long the tribal woman before him has been in charge and how she had come into the power.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Ulilohi introduced herself in her first post, I am just ignoring the question about her name Wink

He altered his stance, at least conversation-wise, and Ulilohi relaxed. It was tiring to always have to stand for the trouble that the leader that had led before her had caused, to always be the one to take the blame and hatred. She felt already as if this burden was a little too much to bear for a single person. It should have been Maska who took those words, not her. Alas, he was on his way to the trial in the Great Tribe, and could do nothing anymore. She knew that in the absence of a real person to blame, she became the only manifestation that they could face, but that didn't change how unfair she felt that it was. Nevertheless, this one - Jazper - seemed to adopt her view, and she smiled at him amidst all the braids and ornaments. She could like this leader. "I certainly hope that I can lead AniWaya as well as Dawali was rumored to lead, at least for his first years. Unelanvhi udadolisdi." He had been greatly admired, or so she had learned. That was a tough one to follow. Follow, since nobody considered Maska a true leader anyhow. The last words were a quick, low murmur - a little prayer often spoken when hopes were presented, as if it would strengthen her chances somehow. She felt like she needed it, and she spoke it without even thinking.

They moved on to small-talk, and Ulilohi relaxed further, her tail clearly signalizing this. Without a word, she moved her arm as if to suggest they both turn in the direction she came - an invitation. She switched which hand that held the horse's reins, so it would not walk between them when they turned. Not doing so would be considered a terrible solecism by AniWayan customs. She responded to the question quite happily. Ulilohi did not see a threat in this wolf, as he appeared to seek the wellbeing of his pack, rather than its domination. Besides, it would seem he was worn out from warring anyways, and she doubted that he sought to size her up for that kind of purpose. "I have not yet met very many," she admitted, her speech slightly flawed by her AniWayan accent. "I do answer to Vigilante and Savina as long as they see fit, although I find they are reasonable leaders, and that I know them well." Her free hand emphasized her words as she spoke them. He mentioned Inferni, and she nodded as if she knew, but her words were honest. It was a truly automatic gesture of the head. "Yes? I have not heard of Inferni yet - I suppose they are further north?" So far, she had mapped out the closest packs, but it would seem that the larger area here had packs in them every so often. It seemed that one would have to travel a significant distance to find any large stretch of unclaimed land.

SSWM: #496
<style type="text/css">
[html]
OOC: / +300

He waited patiently; unaware of how she would take him now. The warrior hoped that she would accept his apology well enough but eh couldn’t guarantee that he would get past the formal blabber that usually occurred between two parties that didn’t get along but did not dislike each other. It was a strange relationship he wished to avoid with all of the leaders. At last a small smile displays on her chocolate face and he could not help but to match it with an even larger and sillier grin. Deep down the warrior wished to just be liked and to form friendships with the other leaders. How hard could that be?

He nodded silently as she spoke of Dawali, holding his tongue as he noted her begin to relax as he opened up. As her body relaxed his own tail began to wag happily behind him, no longer showing such submission as he had originally. She turned and the warrior felt confused for a split second before she bid him follow. With a bit of a hop in his skip he moved forward eagerly, more than happy to follow her into the territory.

She continued to speak about how Vigilante and Savina now watched over Aniwaya, holding power over them. Savina is headstrong, like much of the Marino’s, but she cares deeply for her friends and family. She took the war to heart more than many of us I believe. I have only met Vigilante a couple of times though my co-leader Anann comes from his pack. The Marino’s were a very emotional family so full of love but at the same time Jazper knew better than to rub them the wrong way. Aniwaya would be under good watch while Savina was around though and it would be good for Ulliohi to know some other leaders.

H wasn’t surprised to hear that she knew nothing of the Inferni clan that had survived for as long as his brain could recall. Yes, they live to the North. Walking along he tucked his hands in his pockets. Although they were quite a bit south of Casa the land was fairly similar across souls, quite beautiful, though it would be more so in the Spring. They are a mostly coyote clan. He began. They aren’t fond of wolves and like their privacy. Pikes with wolf skulls are placed along their boarders to warn of non-members. Best just to leave them be or call directly for the leader when you arrive at the boarders. He had never taken his chances waiting for just anyone to come along, Fenris knew who would come and how they would act. Although he did not care for the pack, not because of their breed but because of their culture, he believed that the leaders would be reasonable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

He did not comment further on her hopes for leadership, but she saw his tail swing and she thought nothing of it as he accepted her invitation to walk back into the tribe's lands. She would much rather speak while walking, and she did not fear this male besides. This was her turf, and her considerable size and warrior training meant that any male who underestimated her would easily be surprised. This thought did not touch her consciously, however. She merely felt it was natural to invite him to see this pack as they spoke. She would show him respect in exchange for the same. It was a much more comfortable path to tread, compared to simply demanding respect.

She nodded as he graciously shared his view on Savina and Vigilante. Truly, she felt as if there was much information lacking. She was tentative about how to approach that problem: leaving the tribe to visit other leaders was the last thing the tribe the needed. If she did not stay here, they would never get to know her. Sending scouts was out of the question, too, as it could easily be seen as a provocation or spying. Well, it was spying. She was left with the option of learning to know the other packs by rumour, which was unfortunate. It was luck, in that sense, that had brought Jazper here, then. It was comforting to know that Savina kept her focus on her family - this value, it would seem, the two packs shared. "AniWaya, too, is protective of the family and puppies. I felt that Savina did like to surround herself in family - I believe we share views on this topic, then. I have spoken less with Vigilante, and I believe perhaps they will be harder to learn." With Crimson Dreams, it had been another dispute than with Cour des Miracles. The purity of Maska's hatred to what the mutt pack was had astounded her: she understood Vigilante's wariness very well.

"Thank you," she stated, smiling as she said it. It was helpful to know the general moods of other packs. "I have heard that there are a number of packs to the north? The northernmost I know would be Anathema - unless Inferni is further, still." How many were there? It was a wonder this place had not been completely destroyed already, with the number of luperci around. How strange that Dawali had not felt more threatened than he had. For once, she could understand Maska's edginess.

SSWM: #420
<style type="text/css">
[html]
OOC:Sorry for the wait. We can wrap this up with your next post Smile / +500

Jazper was slowly starting to like this woman. She held an air of confidence that was simply indisputable, calm confidence. It was always a relief to meet someone who he could just walk beside, talking and thinking with. As they moved through the lands he noted that Aniwaya was quite beautiful and not so different form the land that Casa held claim to, though his own land was mostly covered in trees, hiding the many treasures of the territory. It was a relief to know that the Tribe was in good hands; Savina and Vigilante had made a good thing happen here. With the Guardians and Maska gone Aniwaya would certainly return to it’s peaceful ways and prosper under Ulliohi’s command.

He listened carefully, not wanting to step on any paws but at the same time full of excitement to share his knowledge with the brown hued lady, as well as learn from her. It was always interesting to him personally to learn about the other packs. Shrugging he casually said, Don’t worry yourself too much about it. The Southern packs in particular value peace and are usually willing to put aside the past for that goal. He knew that he would certainly not spend anymore time thinking about the Aniwayan war. The Tribe was now a place of peace he was convinced.

To answer her inquiry of the Northern packs he looked at her with a confident smirk, There are quite a few up North. A white lady named Naniko runs Anathema, she is a friend of mine. She can get herself into a bit of trouble every now and then but she usually has good intentions. I believe it is the most northern, with Inferni more to the east and slightly further south. Contemplating he added, There is also a pack named Salsola up there and I hear that two old packs from around here joined together and headed north, but I don’t really know anything about either. I honestly do not travel north very often. It was best to stick to the south in his opinion but he would not tell her that.

Instead he paused his steps and cleared his throat, Ulliohi, I came here with the intentions of offering you a gift, a peace offering. If she had been different perhaps he would not offer it but he was confident that she would serve the Tribe for the better. Digging a large hand into his kaki pockets he pulled out he hand with a smile, Ah here it is. Extending his hand he revealed a beautiful midnight feather tied to a thin piece of brown leather that was decorated with some colorful beads. I know a lot of Aniwayans like to wear feathers in their hair for decoration. I would like to offer this one to you as a sign of peace between our packs. Golden eyes looked down at her full of hope and he motioned for her to take it

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Hokai! I just PP'd Jazper a tiny bit if that's okay, and Uli will offer him to stay there and eat with her/get a tour and perhaps a display of the fire dance if he chooses to hang out for a day or so. Let me know if you'd like that, so I know I can reference that happening? :3

As they moved closer to the Village, Ulilohi found herself increasingly positive towards the other leader, smiling and nodding and taking kindness in his want to help her. At least, this was how she saw it: he shared information with her, and right now she was in a place where she needed it. Knowing very little, but at the same time being unable to travel far, was not a comfortable position to be in. It was comforting to know that the packs of the south were of the forgiving kind. On this front, there was much work to be done. This scale tipped unfavorably in Ulilohi's direction, and she did not see the fairness of it. In truth, the work to build peace and forgiveness should be required of all three leaders, not just her. But, this was a challenge she would never voice, for it could never be constructive, she knew.

He detailed the packs of the north and she listened with curious ears perked. New names rolled off his tongue and she was split between fearing the sheer volume of the things she did not know, and excitement to discover new packs. "Do you think it would be beneficial to send messengers or travel there in person, or are some of these packs directly hostile?" Wherever possible, she would go for peace, or at least neutral acknowledgement of each others' existence.

Surprised at Jazper's next sentence made Ulilohi stop in her tracks. Well, obviously, she had nothing she could return to him right then -- she had not anticipated guests. Still, she was not awkward about this, since she saw its political function. It was pleasant, and she was excited to, in a way, land a good deal with another pack without having to trek over there and offer a gift herself. The item he produced couldn't have suited her more, truthfully, and her mane was proof that she loved ornaments. She drew her breath in sharply in admiration. "It is gorgeous, Jazper." She wanted to get all over it immediately, but remembered her manners as well. "I hope for peace, as well," she smiled, accepting it graciously, or at least trying to. "I have few gifts to offer you, Jazper, but if you will, you are welcome here as our guest of honor. We can show you around, and share a meal, and perhaps the Fire Keepers can show us their most recent dance." She had not yet watched the Fire Keepers rehearse, but she longed to. There was something magic about dancing with torches in the night.

SSWM: #431
<style type="text/css">