According to plan
Quote:Character Name: Swentzle Byström
Character Age: 3 years.
Character Gender: Male.
Preferred Specialized Rank: Oshin, Reiseki
OOC Name: Raine.
Other Characters Played: None right now.
OOC Second Form of Contact: AIM (rainebowmacaroon)

[html]

For the sake of my own timeline, I'm dating this a couple days ahead of time, to the 13th. :3

Word Count → 405

Swentzle held one hand on Hamza's neck, pulling the bison along as they climbed the mountainside. They'd found a path a while back, but it wasn't exactly meant for carts, and with the way Hamza kept attempting to shake off the tack holding him to the wagon, the journey was only that slightest bit more difficult. Swentzle winced every time they hit a particularly large bump in the road, and whenever Hamza began struggling against the weight around his neck. Irinei slept on in the back of the wagon--the herbs he'd slipped into the pained man's water saw to that--but Swentzle ached at the thought that he might be causing more pain than was already there. Hamza stopped moving again, shaking his head irritably and bellowing, and it was all Swentzle could do to keep him from bucking everything off and running for it.

Circling around to the Bison's front, Swentzle pulled the bison down sharply and holding him there as long as he could and whispering soothing words. "Hamza, aequalem te. He soothed, and began pulling the bison again, walking backward carefully. "It's only a bit farther, my boy. Come now." Hamza snorted and began walking again, though he moved slowly; it was very clear he didn't want to be hooked up to the cart any longer, and Swentzle hoped he wouldn't have to be. He returned to his position by the buffalo's side, nudging him along with gentle encouragement whenever it seemed he would throw another fit. Fovea, walking behind the wagon, lashed her tail irritably whenever she heard his soothing words, seeming incredibly jealous of the attention the bison was getting.

Finally, they reached the scent-marked border of Ichika, and Swentzle heaved a sigh, pulling Hamza to a stop and rubbing his neck wearily. "I'll let you go soon, Hamza." He promised, and moved to the back of the wagon to check on his injured companion. Irinei was out like a light, but his face was tight with lines of pain. Swentzle had made as much room as he could in the back of the cart, but the male was still somewhat scrunched up, leaning back on the bags of supplies that Swentzle had gotten in Freetown. The brindle male made sure he was as comfortable as possible before returning to the front of the wagon and giving a short, sharp bark, hoping someone would be nearby to hear.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

What spotted the male first was not a wolf, but a bird hovering height at his surveying height acting as the eyes of the earthbound wolf below him. His gleaming eyes were ever watchful, witnessing the trial taken by the lupine attempting to lead his animal and cargo toward the mountain border where his companion was again hunting not too far. Gracefully the avian swept down, his body set into a freefall until he was but meters from the travelling band then ascended swiftly to take hold of a barren branch to better observe this mix of wandering creatures. His chest swelled in a show of intimidation especially when his eyes fell upon the large feline. His feathers ruffled irritably as he screeched sharply for his companion’s attention then quickly spread his wings and flew off to greet her.

For once her hunt was not successful as her timing was spent more on the trail than taken down any prey worth the effort. The taste of true game was on her lips from days before and the measly hares that were easy to ensnare were not enough to appease her appetite for the challenge of the kill. They were mere appetizers, never truly satisfying her pallet but giving her something to temporarily dampen her hunger. It was a saving grace that her companion owl came diving through the barren limbs seeking her uncovered shoulder with hastily spoken words of intrusion. “It is a strange party,” he urgently cried fanning the woman’s cheek as he beat his wings. Rather than reflect his excited demeanor, the golden Nomad remained calm as he squawked their descriptions, calling them dangerous and strange before she had a chance to say otherwise.

She needn’t ask to be lead as her faithful guide was more than willing to provide directions. Having grown used to the mountain façade, the woman’s descent was effortless and smooth with little more than a few bounds from jutting rocks then a short skid down a subtle incline to stand upon Ichika soil again. Her steps were fleeting but lacked the urgent pace her companion insisted. “Please be calm,” she attempted to coax compliance as she slipped a claw beneath the end of her braid and lifted to the owl’s height hoping having something to nibble on would ease his wary state; or if anything, to keep him quiet. It was not long before her acute sense noticed the peculiarity of an animal scent… and the predatory essence of the threat described by her avian friend. Muddled too was the scent of a wolf warranting more her curiosity than worry for the other scents associated. X’yrin raised her voice in an acknowledging howl bidding greeting to their visitor before he was seen.

Her sights first beheld the large cart animal before its handler, and then grew cautious in the face of the predator feline. Why one would choose the company of that creature was beyond her… None the less, she greeted them politely with a subtle dip of her muzzle. “Goodday to you, traveler,” she regarded the wolfdog first with a soft smile. “Have you gotten lost? Or do you know the lands which you stand near?”

ooc: 534 words.

[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 402

There came a screech from above, and he looked up in surprise, thinking for a moment that it was his own Citlali who flew in the skies over their heads--but shortly after the strange bird dipped out of sight, he saw his own companion hop out of the cart and up onto Hamza's back, hooting inquiringly. He rolled a shoulder in answer, and hoped that the startled avian would bring to them a member of the pack, so that Swentzle might settle in more protected lands and get back to work nursing Irinei back to health. He didn't have to wait long; a few moments later, he heard the steps of someone coming down the mountainside toward them. He began stroking Hamza's head and neck soothingly, as the bison seemed only to grow more agitated as time passed, and when the stranger stopped before him, he offered a small bow.

"Salutations. I stand on the Ichikan borders, if I'm not mistaken." And there was a slight question in his voice, as it was quite possible he was mistaken. He didn't know how large the pack was, or how far their borders extended, and the path he'd found was not the same he'd followed to his meeting with Kiara, or to the one with Sage. He paused, feeling Fovea come up beside him, and continued in a quieter voice as he dropped a restraining hand onto the Mountain Lion's head, "If this is so, I come to you for sanctuary. My companion is injured, and I am half-blind; I fear I cannot hold my own in the wild much longer." Fovea gave a low, growling purr at this, as though he were insulting her, and he make a harsh sound in his throat to silence her. Her hind legs sank and she turned her face away, very clearly sulking, though the sound did stop. Hamza groaned, and then, having clearly decided he wasn't moving any time soon, folded his legs beneath him and dropped to the ground, very nearly overturning the cart as he did so. Swentzle took his hand from Fovea's head and caught the bison around the neck in an effort to stop him, but by the time the blind healer had seen what his herdbeast was doing, it was too late, and he was left only to sigh in frustration and lean heavily on the large mammal's shoulder.

<style>
.swentzle-fieldsofgold { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kmHKk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#93d7fa; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#555555; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.swentzle-fieldsofgold p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.swentzle-fieldsofgold .wordcount {color:#555555; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Once bother beasts settled near their master, the Nomad’s wariness of both visibly decreased. Her shoulders relaxed, slipping the cuff of her furred adornment just a little through the shift and her companion too unfurled his great wings to stable himself upon her opposite shoulder. He continued to nibble on her braid in silence but never let his eyes stray from sight of the band.

“Sanctuary…” was what he sought, and as if in disbelief the woman uttered the word for herself feeling it unfamiliar on her tongue. Her reluctance to relinquish her stance across the border went unnoticed as she crossed it with minimal hesitation to survey the cart for herself. Pleading words may have tugged her heartstrings, but she could not afford to blind herself to possible danger. Carefully she walked the length of the beast-drawn cart attempting to not be as invasive as possible without falling short in her inspection. She scrutinized only what she could see, tools of trade and his personal wares. But when her eyes rested upon the injured soul lying cramped in the cart, she paused and looked toward the male expectantly.

“May I ask your name, stranger? And how you have heard of Ichika?” With injured cargo, it seemed common sense would dictate that they find the nearest territory and rest or at least neutral ground, perhaps even barter for supply or even a healer as they passed by. The act was not uncommon to the Nomads, as the traveling band often shared what they could when their need was dire; often seeking the aid of packs they had relatively fond relationships with. Perhaps this was something similar for this traveler. However sanctuary seemed a stretch to say the least. Where they in danger, she wondered. None the less she wished to appease her curiosity for this vital information before preceding the interrogation.

ooc: 311 words.

[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 255

The canine seemed surprised, and a bit disbelieving, at his plea; Swentzle turned his head slightly to listen and watch as she walked the length of the cart and saw for herself the injured Irinei. He waited patiently for her verdict, and when she pitched her voice to reach him from where she stood, Swentzle sighed uneasily, petting the nervous Fovea before he moved to the back of the cart along with her. "My name is Swentzle Byström, my lady. And I have visited Ichika before with the intent to gather information and join sometime in the future; Irinei's injury and my own fears merely hurried my decision." Swentzle leaned a hand on the wagon, his fingers gripping the edge, and he peered in on Irinei for a moment before he shook his head and returned to Hamza's side.

"I know what it must seem when one asks for sanctuary at the borders," He said quietly, looking away uncomfortably. "But we are in no true danger. I am merely unaccustomed, as yet, to my own injuries, and Fovea--" Here he put a hand on the mountain lion's head, to show who he was talking about, "Cannot hunt for both of us, as well as herself. I am incapable of hunting for myself at the moment; this is why I hope to join." He bowed his head slightly, hoping his plea might be enough to appeal to the warrior before him, and added quietly, "I can offer other skills in the hopes of being useful."

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was within her right to retain some suspicion for his request, but she did not let it rule her to the point of inflexibility. Nayru had been kind and understanding to here when she proposed her interest in the pack, so who was she to deny something of the like when such kindness was a blessing she still prospered from?

Again the Nomad dipped her muzzle in acknowledgement as well as understanding for his and his companion's predicament. "I am sorry time was not kind to you in your consideration, and I hope in due time you do not find your decision was made lightly." An extara weight fell upon her shoulder once the nameless owl released her braid and settled comfortably within his downy folds. If he was relaxed enough to lose his tension then it was relayed to the she-wolf there was nothing to fear about the band. Nothing could compare to her own delicate perception, but she trusted the sensitivity of her companion's sense when it came to an unfamiliar face. It was enough to convince her he was harmless...at least for now.

"Due to your circumstances I cannot in good conscience turn you away, nor do I see a reason to do so. But I must ask before allowing you onto these lands; have you commit a crime or some ill transgression that cost another their life? Have you killed anyone, Swentzle Bystrom?" To put it plainly without divulging the obvious to Ichika’s guest, she needed to know if this man and his band before her were a threat to the harmony the people of the lands sought to maintain? She did not want to grant him access if there was even an inkling of a hint he would be a disrupted presence of this calm.

ooc: 301 words.

[/html]
[html]

No worries! I hope you meant your reply was finished... |D

Word Count → 248

Swentzle inclined his head gratefully at her understanding, feeling more comfortable with the decision than he'd thought he would be. This was his third visit to Ichika, after all, and though he hadn't visited any of the other packs in the area, he still felt that Ichika was the best choice for him. He felt so connected to the pack already, a feeling he'd not had since leaving Shikoba, and he could only hope that in the end the choice he made today would not come crashing down around his ears some time in the future. Running a hand through his ebony hair at the thought, Swentzle firmly shook away his sudden bout of nerves, and waited for the golden femme's verdict.

Her words startled him, and he was left staring wide-eyed at her blurred figure for a long moment before he shook his head slowly. "Forgive me my surprise," He said, blinking slowly as he tried to work his mind around the question. "It was simply...unexpected, though perhaps it should not have been." Running a hand over his face, he shook his head again, relaxing once more into a more stoic expression. "I have never killed, though there have been those who have died under my care. It happens...I have learned I cannot save everyone." Though his face briefly showed his grief at that thought, as he couldn't possibly come to terms completely with such a bold statement of fact without feeling some failure.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

After his confession, she felt no further need to detain him. Only time would tell if this decision had been the right one, but as Nayru had given to her, she would also have to place her faith in this man that his words indeed rang true. Cordially, the she-wolf lowered her head offering an arm of gesture onto the claimed lands. "Then I have no reason to keep you from your rest. However, I do ask that you keep to the mountains borders straying no further than the valley (wentworth) for the time being. Once you are rested and your companion is taken care of, you will have the time to make your decision whether you wish to fully align yourself with Ichika. In the mean time, if you find yourself in need of anything, don't hesitate to seek me out. I will not be far."

ooc: Sorry for the shortness.

[/html]
[html]

No worries! ^^;

Word Count → 125

Swentzle bowed his head in understanding as he was given his instructions, and nudged Hamza gently to get him to rise to his feet and continue forward. As he passed the golden warrior, he bowed his head again, murmuring his thanks quietly, and then continued down into the packlands, followed by his odd company of misfits. They continued until the area flattened out, and as X'yrin had asked, Swentzle went no further, moving instead to unhook his bison and tend to his injured canine companion. He only hoped that, once they'd rested and Irinei was feeling a bit better, he would be allowed to stay; he'd truly felt a deep connection with this pack, and he did not want a rushed decision to change that.

<style>

</style>
[/html]