• Character Name: Asil Uzun
    Character Birthdate: 2nd of July, 2007
    Species: Dog (Anatolian Shepherd)
    Is your character a Luperci?: Yes
    Other 'Souls Characters: N/A
    How you found 'Souls?: Affiliate Buttons
    Are you joining a pack?: Loner
    If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: N/A
    Profile or three writing examples: Writing Examples. (Yes, I know they're cheesy, I wrote these long ago. XD)

QUOTE (August 11 @ 2009, 12:42 AM)
Running out of both food and water was quite the dilemma, especially when one strayed into the unforgiving deserts of Arakmat. Luckily for Abha Xirikuv, however, the three suns had yet to rise for dawn, and for now she was safe from the unbearable heat they would bring with them. Yet still she was reduced to dragging along on all fours, her nose sniffing along the sands as she sought out even the faintest signs of food, water, something. But she inhaled in only dust, and as the darkening came to a end the lone dorin's patience was beginning to wear thin. "Not even a fethin' lick of water around here! Crazy bastards lied t'me, been travelin' for brightenings and still no Coyote Pass..." Her dry throat protested any further complaining, and in desperation Abha began to overturn the many rocks littered about; she was willing to eat anything now, so long as it kept her alive. It wasn't until the first rays of light began hitting her back did she find prey - a venomous, and highly agitated snake. Backing away, Abha withdrew her spear, cautiously watching as it puffed it's body in warning. Yet she was far too hungry to pass up this opportunity, and without remorse she lashed out, her stab cutting the creature's head cleanly off.

Chucking the head away with her spear, Abha eagerly grabbed the remains, retreating into the shadow of a nearby dune before sinking her teeth in, ripping the flesh off in way that would make those of a weak stomach keel over. The meat was tough, even revolting, but to a starving beast it was the equivalent of steak. While she quickly devoured her small meal, the dorin's eyes caught sight of a great rock jutting out of the otherwise unremarkable lands; was that the fabled pass she had heard of? "About time it decided t'pop up." She growled under her breath, standing upright once more. It was with scrutiny that Abha made her approach - what information she did manage to squeeze out of the fool from before said that only a violent end came to those who entered, and she was none too keen on revisiting what deaths embrace held for her. No matter what dark things would happen there, Abha knew it was either move forward with a chance or turn back and add her rotting corpse to the scenery. [/quote]

QUOTE (August 16 @ 2009, 08:39 AM)
Blood pumping, charging in and out of the corridors, Abha actually found herself enjoying the thrill of the chase, and if it were not for the creature she was about to meet the dorin would have let herself go to the spirit of the hunt completely. As she prepared for the next turn, Abha could only skid to a stop as she looked on with wide eyes at the thing that stood between her and the leader; never had she ever encountered such a beast. "What the feth?!" She cried out in shock, frozen to the spot - how was she going to get around it? With the pack at her heels, she could not just turn around. The wretched stench overpowering her sense of smell, Abha could only act on the first plan that came to mind. Timing it so that the hunters behind would nearly be upon them, she feinted an attack at the rock monster, before lurching back and out of the way. Her plan was to cause her two enemies to collide into one another, all the while she tried to avoid getting caught in the mix up, if her plan even worked.

Should she get hit by either of them, as was expected Abha would try to dig her nails into their body, throwing them into the fray. If escape was possible, she would try to muscle her way out of the madness and flee down the path that had the freshest air; the last thing she needed was another horror after her blood.  [/quote]

QUOTE (August 21 @ 2009, 03:15 PM)
The closer they approached, the more entrapped and enclosed Abha began to feel, but she did not back away from them. She nodded as Nigil agreed with her opinion, but before their conversation could go any further she found herself interrupted by another, and with rage Abha whirled about, growling at the interloper. "I would like t'see you try!" She snapped back; she would give respect to Nigil due to his position, but not to some lowly pack member, especially not one who threatened her. But before she could go any further the alpha took the matter into his own hands, and it was with amusement that Abha watched the situation play out. To say the least, she was impressed - not every leader could so easily sway the minds of their people. It was with a hrrmph that Abha turned from Zufar as he submitted, the fury he had caused to rise in her making the dorin all but forget of the pain prickling about her body. "Every true dorin knows the way of the pack," She replied dryly, brushing away the droplets of sweat that had begun form on her pelt.

A brow was arched in curiosity when the offer to join them was made, though her features slowly mimicked his cruel smile. "I have been your prey once already; I 'ave no desire t' take on that role again. If it will get me into Arakmat, I will pay this tribute and join this Pack of no Pack." Abha announced, and as she agreed to his pact she took multiple steps towards Nigil, her stature non-aggressive while she knelt before him. "What is this tribute you need of me, and what would my duty be to the pack?" Remembering that Zufar opposed her living, Abha shot an agitated glance his way. "As for those who would detest yer decision, if they think me too weak to stand with you, then let them challenge me - if death is what they want from me, then death is what I will give."  [/quote]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.