Why do you make my heart so warm?
[html]

Word Count → 500+ :: Light's too romantic for his own good lol.

Light had been waiting for this day since first meeting the young artist in the rushing waters. He had oddly taken into account every detail even those she would not see. Normally a female never brought such warmth to his stone heart but this one had and he couldn’t ignore the intrigue. With the thought of the youth he had met only a short time ago still on his mind Hotaru was greatly present as well. Upon the happy return to his pack land Light stumbled upon something that made his heart melt with joy.

He had found a flower still well in bloom upon the last months before winter ravaged the land. Between his hunting and trapping the male had taken care of the plant protecting it from the first frost of winter by building hide cover for the thing. He ensured it received its daily sunlight and pleasant drink of warm water each day. He cared for the thing like it was dear to him as any pup. When the first snowfall came his heart rushed with fear for the plant but it survived. The persistent male’s efforts were about to pay off for as he left AniWaya to meet with the blind female he finally got to pick it. With roots still intact and wrapped in a moist cloth the gift was ready to be presented. As he travelled with the flower brushed plant he hoped Hotaru would find their soft tiny petals a delight to her impressive sense of touch.

He had even attempted a slight hand at carving for her for he knew a charcoal covered stone would fall short on her. There for he carved a drawing of her and her delightful hawk in that meadow that threw his breath into halt. The helplessly romantic male though feared that these plethora of gifts would be mistaken, for as much as he adored her, Light couldn’t help but to feel more attracted to the males of his kind. He almost hoped his mind would change but knew if anything came to fruit or not the female would have to first be warned. The thought of telling her his secret both excited him and terrified him, but he knew it needed to be done.

When he was near the borders of her pack that he had ensured she returned safely to, Light mindlessly patted his fur down and ensured his hair was neatly groomed into place. He knew she wouldn’t see it but it made him feel more comfortable. He had tied a bounty of gifts to a satchel that held the bark carving and delicate plant. He began to round the borders hoping to find her in all her splendour awaiting his arrival. The male would be broken hearted if she had forgotten or chose not to show so he prayed to the Great Spirit hoping she was there. When the first bits of her scent started to fill his nose his pace started to quicken and he hoped no one would be around for the normally proud male was almost as excited as a pup ready to explore the land for the first time.

<style type="text/css">
.polarlightwide b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.polarlightwide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.polarlightwide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.polarlightwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5;}
.polarlightwide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.polarlightwide {width:95%; margin:0 auto; max-width:800px; min-width:500px; background-color:#9e8460; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NV9Dv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3426; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

Word Count → 361

Light was one of the few wolves Hotaru felt she could trust. His bravery and kindness were something the blind wolf could only marvel at. Not only had Light saved her from the horrible fate of drowning, but he had also fed her and kept her company. Not to mention that the male was an artist much like herself. When their first meeting had come to a close, the pair made a promise to meet again. Today was their promised date and Hotaru's stomach had formed into a nervous knot.

When Hotaru first moved into her house, she had found old pencils in a rotting chest. They were carefully wrapped and the chest had mostly saved them from the unforgiving elements. After meeting Light, she had gone back to the chest and dug the pencils out. Hotaru had also asked around and managed to grab some paper for Light to use. Now, both pencils and paper were tucked into her satchel. Hotaru's intention for the gifts were as a thank you present to Light. Even so, she still felt a little embarrassed.

Hotaru had woken early that morning, the anticipation driving on her nerves. She had spent most of the morning unpacking and repacking her satchel as Fawkes went out hunting for some game. When the bird returned, he and Hotaru had set out for the boarders. Despite her wait, the pair had still arrived earlier than their appointed time. So the grey wolf sat down on a log and used her small knife to carve a design into one of the logs protruding branches. The design was simple and ended up looking rather like the leg of a chair. In the mean time Fawkes had settled down next to Hotaru and took a well deserved nap.

Ater what seemed like forever, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the forest. Hotaru's sensitive ears twitched and she turned her head, almost hoping she could see the male through the darkness. "Over here Light!" She called out, her free hand reaching for the bag at her feet. Fawkes stirred in his sleep and lifted his red head to see who was approaching.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 400+ :: <3 Light when he's such at ease with a person. *swoon* The Flower

The smile that drew across Light’s face was such a breath of fresh air and brought so much life to the scarred male. She called out to him and his plethora of gifts would get to be presented to the female and her hawk. Good day dear Hotaru. He quickly embraced as he approached her lifting her slightly from her seat not caring if he took the girl by surprise and sat beside her once he released. He had missed her dearly and couldn’t wait for the day to arrive to see the young artist once more. She looked absolutely adorable and bright eyed he thought as he started to rummage within the satchel.

I have some gifts for you. He said with a deep caring voice. He pulled first the bark drawing and grabbed her wrist gently as to place the piece within her hand. Its you. Can you feel? He asked hopeful that she could make out the piece with her touch. It was a little difficult using the new medium but it turned out well. He untied the rabbits from his satchel and set them upon her lap. Lunch of course. He said with a light deep throaty chuckle.

And of course I did not forget you Fawkes. He pulled something from the satchel and held it within his grasp. His closed fist before the hawk suddenly dropped at mouse and it dangled from its tail between the hunter’s fingers. Was a little hard to get my friend, they get tricky in the snow. Enjoy. He gave the bird a smile and was ready to reveal his final gift.

You will be quite surprised by this one dear, it took a lot of work and dedication but I managed to do it. He pulled the carefully wrapped plant from his satchel and opened it for Hotaru. He held the golden petal flowers up so the smell of their sweet nectar and the moist dirt would fill her before he set them in her lap above the rabbits. He pulled the drawing from her hand and set it aside taking her small hands into his larger grasp and led her touch to the flowers. Its goldenrod I believe, had to ask, not many flowers grow where I am from. I found it the day I met you, therefore its yours. He released her hands from his tender grip allowing them to explore the plant on her own. He smiled again as he watched her face.

<style type="text/css">
.polarlightwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5;}
.polarlightwide {width:95%; margin:0 auto; max-width:800px; min-width:500px; background-color:#9e8460; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NV9Dv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3426; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

They are cute together, too bad he's gay.

Word Count → 456

For the first time in months a true laugh exploded from the blind woman as she was lifted into the air, supported only by Light's strength. Hotaru wrapped her arms around him as she relished the contact. Hotaru felt safe around him, she felt happy. "Good to day to you too." Even Fawkes was not unaffected by the mood. The bird let our a happy screech, saying hello in both low and high speech. Around people he liked, Fawkes enjoyed to show off his limited knowledge of high speech.

Once again, Hotaru allowed Light to guide her hands. She couldn't help but giggle a little as Light placed his carving her hand. She traced the carving with her paws, feeling the contortions of the wood and the figure laying in the wood. She could make out the form of a wolf as well as some sort of bird. "I love it. It's beautiful." Hotaru continued to trace the carving even when the promise of lunch was brought up. Her ear's twitched and she smiled. Light was such a kind man, and her own present seemed to pale in comparison to the ones Light had brought.

The present for Fawkes surprised both bird and master. At the sight of the mouse, Fawkes let out a happy cry and jumped onto Lights arm. His wings spread above him for balance and his claws wrapped carefully around the wolfs forearm. Fawkes snatched the dangling mouse in his beak and flew up to a nearby branch to enjoy his snack. Much like his master, it was the first time in a long time that the bird was fully relaxed.

Light's next gift truly did surprise Hotaru. Her sensitive nose was filled with the sweet scent of flowers and moist dirt. The grey wolf permitted Light to pull the carving from her paws. His gentle hands guided hers to the flower petals. The velvety felling of the flower was wonderful, but the touch of Light's large paws was even more so. The large flowers and equally large leaves enthralled Hotaru and she laughed again. "I love it. Thank you so much. And now, it's your turn."

Carefully, Hotaru placed the flower and rabbit on the log. She reached down and grabbed the satchel resting at her feet. "I'm afraid that my gifts are not quite as impressive as yours." Hotaru reached into the bag and pulled out the paper and pencils. She held out the presents to Light and waited for him to take them from her. "You said you like to draw in the dirt or with charcoal, so I thought you might like some paper and pencils too." Hotaru gave a sheepish smile, embarrassment getting the better of her.

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 416 :: I had the most amazing dream that really gave me an idea as a hope toward their relationship... I'll PM you details and let me know if you want to explore it.

The scarred pale hunter grinned at the happy hawk as he landed upon his arm. The grips of his claws were not in the slightest discomforting. The male’s scarred areas upon his arms were quite tough and probably could have handled a stronger grasp from the bird. Light felt so pleased that Hotaru found his gifts quite pleasing and as she handed him the foreign objects he couldn’t help but to ask. How do I draw with these? He inspected one of the aged pencils with a curious expression. The tip seemed different from the straight wooden stick and he glanced down at the paper. He ran the pencil’s end along the paper and felt silly for asking the question. It was ingenious and completely perfect, the male had been running short of surfaces to decorate and ground to etch around his home. With generous stack of paper as she called it he could line his entire home with his imagination and the captured stills of his friends and pack mates.

This is amazing. He said with a deep enthusiasm in his voice. He pulled the girl into yet another embrace before releasing her hoping he had not destroyed the plant between them. Sorry. He was glad to see it survived his crushing hug. He adored Hotaru, his relaxation with her was beyond anything he could have ever imagined for himself. It was as though no matter how hard he tried to not be himself with her it would fail tremendously cause that was exactly who he was with her, himself. Internally his mind prayed to the Great Spirit hoping his affliction could be remedied by this delightful blind female. He wanted nothing more but for his heart to accept her fully, then his mind darkened and he remembered his promise to himself.

His promise that he would warn the female that he might break her heart for there was no doubt by now seeing the soft expression upon her face that he would hurt her if he couldn’t overcome his disease as he saw it. It was something he hated of himself his unnatural desire to go against nature that required him to procreate with females. He let out a sigh and set out the first words of his confession. Hotaru... there’s something I need to tell you. I... I haven’t told anyone this before so I hope you can understand... The male’s deep voice cracked at the end as his fear started to build and his heart started to ache.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 346

Hotaru listened with bated breath as Light inspected his presents. The same few questions repeated in an endless cycle in her mind. Would he like the gift? Would he find any use for it? Does he already have pencils and paper? Does he know how to use a pencil? Two of her questions were answered by the male's own inquiry, but all that seemed to do was put her on edge more. Hotaru relaxed when her fears were finally put to rest. So he liked his present, good.

Streams of laughter poured from the grey wolf as she was embraced again by Light. When they pulled apart the laughter turned to quite giggles. Hotaru gently caressed the flower, checking to see if it had been crushed between their bodies. Luckily, the flower had been spared. Hotaru's hand moved from the flowers velvety petals to Lights soft fur. Based on the feel of the muscle contours beneath her fingers, the blind woman guessed she was touching his arm.

Hotaru longed, and not for the first time, to be able to see again. She wanted to know what Light looked like, how his fur shined in the sunlight and how his eyes glistened in the dark. Still, her other senses were working perfectly; and through them she worked to memorize every detail of Light. His smell, a mixture of pack and forest. The feel of the sinews beneath his winter coat as well as the coarse and downy fur that protects him from the cold. Each breath he took, bringing the life giving air into his lungs and his deep voice that was mesmerizing to listen too. All of these things, Hotaru payed attention to, for they were the only things she could identify him by.

Light's normally rich, deep voice filled with fear. Immediately Hotaru's paranoid mind spun out of control as she envisioned what might be wrong, each possible scenario more horrifying than the last. Her reddish ears tipped forward, soaking in every one of Lights words. "You can tell me anything. I'm here for you."

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 460+ :: Sorry this took forever.. can't wait for the holidays to be done with.

Light’s throat felt closed and frozen as his silence dragged on. His eyes scoured her face that seemed to fill with worry; his hope with her was rather great for no female had ever made him feel so... wound up? It was as though her inability to see him added something for him, made him so at ease to be with her it was beyond refreshing. Finally his eyes lowered to her hand that rubbed over his forearm so delicately. She seemed like a flower to him so beautiful and sweet scented, so tender and soft to the touch. He wanted nothing more than to take her home with him and have her with him so he could drink the beauty of her glow. To many others she must have seemed ordinary to the artistic male she was extraordinary. Her vacant gaze still had so much life within them as her worry grew along with the silence, her grey and red mixed fur touched her face in such beautiful unique ways that made her, her.

Finally his hand fell over hers as he squeezed her fingers lightly within his own. Hotaru my dearest. I find you amazingly beautiful, so unique and everything I would love to find in a mate... He was dancing around the words that bounced in his head like a roaring beast that shouted at him to tell her the truth. But I have a problem... He took a long deep hard breath and turned his face away hoping to make it easier. But the words were still stuck still caught within him like a fly in a web. Finally after another deep breath and the clearing of his throat the male spoke the words.

My dear Hotaru, I have tried so many times to love, to enjoy the love of a female... but I have failed so often. With you I cannot bear to fail you so I must warn you before I do what I want to do next... you see my problem is that I can’t seem to love females... I can’t seem to... fully enjoy their love... if you can understand that at all. He still couldn’t say it, the words still fell flat from what he was trying to express. He paused to watch, hoping she would get what he was trying to say. Can you help me? Help me overcome my affliction? Light’s voice seemed almost desperate at the sudden escape of the question and he cursed himself internally. He realized he was putting her in such an awkward position. His hands still gripping her small tender fingers within his large grasp, he released then frightened he had pained her with his own nervousness and fear. His mind ran rampant with scenarios that could progress as the seconds ticked by.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

NP. Woot, you go girl!

Word Count → 541

Worry spread through Hotaru, creeping into her bones and flesh. For the longest time Light refused to speak, his silence crushing them both. What could be so horrible that it made the soft male feel this way? What could burden his mind so? Light was such a gentle and caring male. His strength and kindness was evident from the first day they met. If there was anything Hotaru could do to ease his pain, she was more than willing.

Lights large fingers engulfed her smaller hand, and finally, he spoke. His first words made Hotaru's heard flutter and a smile twitched at the tips of her lips. A mate. Such thing she had believed to be beyond her. Hotaru never thought of herself as a burden, even after her eyes failed. But the blind woman realized that many would see her as one, so a mate was something she could only dream about. Light's next words seemed to confirm her suspicions. The male thought of her as a burden; a creature to be pitied, not loved. Her red tipped ears sagged a little, and her eyes closed ready to take the verbal equivalent of a punch.

Once again, Light surprised her. His words were not about her, but about himself. Hotaru listened, her ears facing the male. After Light finished speaking, Hotaru sat back and crossed her arms. She had her left elbow supported by her right arm, with her light grey fingers touching her the tip of her mouth lightly. Hotaru sat deep in thought for several moments, taking in the meaning of Light's words. So Light couldn't love women. No, Light loved other males. But, who is to say that he couldn't love a female? After all, just because he had failed in the past doesn't mean he might not succeed in the future. Or at least with Hotaru. But would the heartache be worth it if their relationship soured? Could she love... no, continue to love a male who might not love her back?

The more Hotaru thought, the deeper she inclined her head until it was nearly resting on her breast. With a deep sigh Hotaru lowered her paws and lifted her head. Her decision was made, although she realized she would come to regret it in time. But an artist must live by the heart or else give up their profession. "Light... if our relationship is to continue you must stop thinking of yourself as afflicted. I have met males like you before, males who find comfort in the arms of another male. This is not unusual. However, just because you could not find a female who stirred you the way males do, does not mean that you like only males. There are many in this world who love both, taking comfort in the pleasures of both genders." Hotaru smiled and placed her hand back on his arm.

"Let us see if you can find the right kind of joy from my company. If not...well...you can't blame a girl for trying." By that time Hotaru's sly smile turned into an all out grin. The challenge was ensued and there was no turning back. Her heart was stuck and she prayed that it would stay that way.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
Light couldn’t breathe, couldn’t move; every muscle was in a complete stand still. It was all but his heart that beat heavily within his ears. What did she think of him? He thought himself a disgusting creature, weak as well as terrible. It was a thought he sure others would bear of him if they discovered his secret. It was why his words came with such a pause and such a struggle to release. As the silence dragged and shallow seemingly still breath started to quicken Light was relieved to hear her finally speak. From her expression and movement of her ears he was sure to hear the worst. He was speechless when she finished. She was beyond perfect to the hunter in that moment. Her delightful smile settled his wild heartbeat. He put his hand over hers once more as his own smile drew once more. From that moment on he wanted nothing more than to ensure her happiness.

Hotaru, you are beyond any joy I could ever experience already my dear. He brought the tip of his muzzle to her cheek and gave her a light lick. How have your days been? His voice settling back into a softer ease relieved to have told her, relieved she accepted him for his fault. It was then he noticed the carved twig connected to the log. You were wairing, forgive me I tried to come as soon as I could. He ran his fingers over the plain piece. By the looks of it you are getting your skill back. This is very impressive. He had no doubt the female could improve. Some blind wolves he had met in the past had some wonderful gifts that superseded those with sight. Heightened senses a great gift for such a woe to be bestowed upon someone. He would never think of Hotaru as weak and her willingness to accept him made her stronger than he in those moments. He ran his thumb over her hand watching her face with such a curiosity and wonders his mind whirring with hope.
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 390

His large hands produced a warm and gentle touch. They pressed gently down on her own dexterous paws and Hotaru drank in the warmth. Light brought her a happiness she never imagined and brought about desires she had long ago abandoned. The desires for the physical comfort of another, the desire to be intimate with someone, the desire to share her deepest feelings with an individual besides Fawkes. Can she, the blind wolf, become mates with a great hunter? Can she, a carver whose abilities were lost, even hope to take such a perfect mate? Hotaru had made up her mind to go forward with their relationship, but what gods or demons might oppose it? It was clear to her that someone on high or far below had a vendetta against her. Would they be so cruel as to take Light from her as well?

The soft lick on her cheek sent shivers down her spine. With a quick flip of her head, she returned the gesture and gave a shy smile. Hotaru was used to dealing with males, but that didn't mean it she was immune to Light's charms. Hotaru was glad to feel the male relax, the stiffness from their earlier conversation slowly melting away. "I have found a house within the pack lands, but I still don't feel like a full member yet. I fear they might not think I belong. Shawchert is always so nervous around me and he is the only one I have talked to on a regular basis. But forget about my troubles, they are but silly worries. What of yourself?" The grey wolf was eager to learn more about Light, and she would listen happily to his beautiful voice.

When Light pointed out the crude carving Hotaru nearly died of embarrassment. The stick was proof of how early she had arrived and how eager she had been to see the male. "Oh, there is nothing to forgive...it seems I was a little...fairly early. I was too restless for my own good." Hotaru griped Light's arm harder, her sadness resonating through her touch. "It is but a simple carving, and it is nothing compared to what I once did. Even though I know this, I still can't help but try." His soft thumb ran over her hand, reassuring her and giving her strength.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 416 :: <3 <3 <3

Light found every movement and expression of the female such a fascinating event. Her vacant gaze so filled with emotion, worry and the fact that he could gaze upon them to no avail was delightful to the hunter. She spoke of her time and felt a pang of distrust and a slight anger to those who made her feel unwelcome. If he had it his way she would come home with him and he would show her just how much of a home she had in his heart. He chuckled lightly at her embarrassment feeling her hand tighten in her despair. I have no doubt your gift shall return my dear. Just don’t think on it too greatly. You have the instinct, you have the touch.

He pulled her hand to his chest putting his fingers over hers. He moved her hand along his muscles and scars that rest there. Just remember to rely on that touch and your memory of sight and in no time you will be creating pieces that no wolf could ever match. I have great faith in you Hotaru. So long as you keep that delightful chin up no one could ever dispute how amazing you are. He hadn’t meant to toy with her in anyway just to merely instruct her, embark his knowledge or his belief which ever she saw it as. It wasn’t until he pulled her hand to his cheek that he realized his words could be mistaken for something more. A sort of panic filled him but he attempted to keep his calm.

Forgive me, I should not be so forceful. He pulled his maw from her hand and settled it upon her lap. You should feel free to touch me as you wish not as I do desire. He finally went back to her question, her curiosity asked before he had so rudely taken the conversation to a confusing line. My time in the pack has been rather solitary myself. Not much has surpassed our last meeting but I do my duties as requested of me. Watch over the pack as I wish. I don’t really seek to belong just to get to know my new land. It is a strange place. Not as cold as it would be back home. But a nice change to not have to worry about adolescences desiring to learn the hunt. Feels like an odd vacation but one I don’t plan to end. He chuckled his deep throaty sound once more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I keep hearing "You Raise Me Up."

Word Count → 475

Light laughed lightly at her embarrassment, causing Hotaru to become even more embarrassed. If she was human she would have turned the distinct shade of scarlet. His words were soothing and lifted her spirits. He believed in her and her ability yet had not even seen what she had once been capable of. Hotaru's smile was never-ending, Light made her feel like she could climb higher than she ever dared to dream. "Your right, I just need to keep practicing."

Hotaru nearly jumped out of her fur when Light brought her hand to his chest. It was something she had been dying to do. Without her vision she had no idea what Light looked like, he could be fat and overweight or have and extra arm for all she knew. Hotaru had been to scared to ask if she could touch him in such an intimate way and her joy that he was allowing her to do so was beyond words. Hotaru leaned forward eagerly and her hand fanned out across his chest.

His muscles flexed under her paws and the fur was soft and warm. As he guided her hand she could feel the way each muscle was shaped and defined. There were many scars that ran across his body, and from what she could tell they were all large and long. The combination of Lights words and actions sent her into a small burst of embarrassed giggles. She was still young after all, and his words stuck her to the very core, despite how cheesy they sounded. In response to his words Hotaru raised her head up, sticking her chin up to the sky. Her pride getting the better of her, but her main focus was still on her hands that were drifting across Lights athletic form.

Finally Light led her hand to where she really wanted it to go, he brought it up to his face. Beneath her hand his fur folded and revealed the strong cheek bones. Hotaru's eyes widened as the picture of him in her mind formed. Not only was Light an amazing male, he was gorgeous to boot. What had Hotaru done to earn the love of a male like Light.

She was disappointed when Light removed her hand from his face in placed it on her lap. She wanted to explore his face more and form a better picture. Hotaru listened patiently to what Light was saying about his pack. She was glad to hear he was doing well. When his explanation was done she stood up and carefully place her hands on Light's cheeks. "I'm glad to hear you are doing well...but can I? I want to know what you look like, I want to have a clear picture of you in my mind. Besides, it's not fair. You didn't tell me you were so handsome."

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 364 :: Slight PP lemme know if its ok.

His deep chuckle escaped him once more a sound so easily expressed with the young blind female. As you wish and I figured it was obvious with my devilishly handsome voice. Yes Light was cocky when it came to his attributes. He set his hands at his sides and relaxed into her action. He knew he was handsome, his skin etched with lines that told his life story and his body slender and defined like chiseled stone. His popularity with the females back home was also something worth bragging about. Sure he felt a certain way but the male did attempt to keep a reputation. So as the girl explored his face he watched her reactions with a tender smile. He wondered what he looked like to her senses and actually started to feel a little self-conscious. The heat started to rise in his cheeks realizing just how different he might look as compared to other females. His eyes looked back and forth between hers searching for signs of distaste.

He had not realized his hand had been raised to touch her face as well until one of his large palms fell into his range of sight. He hesitated for a moment before letting his fingers run along her cheek until they touched the bottom of her ear. His thumb gently stroked the side of her muzzle just where the color changed. She was pretty, very pretty to the hunter; her kindness and acceptance of him touched his heart greatly as well. He wanted to make her happy make her feel safe with him in every way possible. He would try with every fiber of his being to make her happy even if it killed him. Her hands still on his face he moved forward carefully. The tip of his moist nose gently pressing against hers as his eyes shut into the feel of their cold noses started to heat. He pulled back gave a soft lick to the tip of her nose and smiled. You are so beautiful. The hunter uttered in a more gutter like voice and not his usually calm deep voice. He brought his muzzle in for a second attempt.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries

Word Count → 356

"Voice and looks are nothing alike and have no relation to one another. You just so happen to be lucky enough to have earned the good graces of the Great Mother. Hmmm, I guess I should take care to keep you out of sight, I don't want any competition." As she spoke her hands softly traveled over Light's face. She took great care to memorize each line and contour, holding the memory and shaping it into a defined figure. Hotaru felt as the heat began to rise in his cheek and a small smirk touched the corner of her lips. At least she wasn't the only one who was embarrassed.

Her smirk faded into embarrassment again as Light's hand traveled to her own face. She nuzzled gently against it, appreciating his warmth and kindness. Her hands remained motionless against his face, simply enjoying his touch and trust. Hotaru chuckled a little in surprise as his nose touched hers. She breathed in deeply, taking his scent and memorizing every last little detail. She smiled as he licked her nose and uttered sweet words. Beautiful? How could she look beautiful. Her mane was shaggy and short. She kept it clean and well groomed, but she also cut it short so it was never in her way. Not to mention she cut it herself, so it was bound to be lopsided. Her coat colors were nothing too impressive, only different shades of grey. Even the red had a grayish tint to it.

Hotaru allowed the second kiss as well, but she still felt down. How could a blind wolf like her, one who couldn't even hunt for herself, ever hope to keep such a wonderful male by her side. Hotaru moved in, seeking comfort in his embrace. She wanted to be held softly, nothing sexual, just comforting. She wanted to nuzzle against his shoulder and forget all of her worries. To wrap her arms around is back and allow the world to pass her by. Hotaru dared not think past that to more intimate things or even mate-ship. She couldn't possibly keep Light, he was too good for her.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 282 :: Ending this?

She moved in closer and his strong arms pulled her upon his lap. Her held her firmly feeling serene in the moment as she snuggled against him. He stroked her short hair that made him smile softly for it was clear she had done it herself, maybe he would help her one day just to give her the comfort of having neater hair. It was strange the beauty he seen in her, accustomed to long hair through tradition but the look suited her so well and maybe the fact that she didn’t have long hair added to her beauty. Her colours bleak but such a pretty combination to a wolf who had grown up around nearly all white and grey wolves who carried no special marks. Much were like Gemma or himself completely white or tinted grey and brown as his own had been. Her darker fur, her red snout that he chose to lick in that moment a feature he would always adore upon her. She wasn’t like the girls back home maybe that’s what had him so fascinated by her. His hands lowered to her hips shifting her just slightly closer. He felt so overwhelmed with protectiveness the male felt the need to just hold her close for as long as he needed to just allow the feeling to grow satisfied. He wished he could woo her but even then his protection stayed in control, he wouldn’t lie to her, wouldn’t pull his crap. He wanted everything to come on its own, to grow as it should, no lies, no forcing just love grown alone. He just hoped it would actually grow, but he had hope. There was always hope.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]