What dreams may come
[html]

Titania Moonsong
if nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies

This was but a short stop on the path to what would become the rest of her life. The couple had left Crimson Dreams a few short hours after finding each other. The moon had worked her magic and brought them together once again, mystically leading the pining lovers back to one another. A wonderful thing had happened in the hour that they met. Zalen had answered their heart’s call and had taken the young wolfess as his mate. Titania, so enthralled with the dark wolf, was ecstatic to submit to the display and forever give her heart to the Damaichu man. The silvery girl was quickly showing an unwillingness to submit to anyone… except to him. In his presence she felt whole, secure, and like the world was on her side. She would do anything for him.

It was his idea to return to his den in Arachnea’s Revenge for a few days. They needed to make sure their timing was right, and there were probably things he needed to collect. Then they would move on to Halcyon, claim Avalon and select the territory around it. It could take days to scout out, and the weather was quickly growing colder – especially cold in the mountains – but together she knew they would prevail.

Dreams of what the future promised flitted through her mind, as lazy and dreamy as the dust motes that fluttered over the lake. She wanted to know this area, to explore the world her love had lived in, so early that morning when the soft rays of golden sunlight streamed into the den and warmed her ears she slipped silently away to study the area. She never went very far from Zalen’s den, not wanting to worry him if he discovered that she wasn’t there. Her scent… the scent that was now thickly entwined with Zalen’s musk… would be easy to follow from the den to this place.

Word Count :: +300
OOC :: Is everyone ok with back-dating this to some time around the weekend? Since it should have been up a couple days ago anyway. Smile // Early morning, near Zalen's den, Titania in Lupus.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
Zalen
The snow is snowing and the wind is blowing, but I can weather the storm!
OOC :: Hahah Shaw you make everything quiet. Look at my table I made me! Cool huh? <3

He had watched her go as he pretended to sleep, wanted to protest as the warmth of her body left his; but he let her go, he knew she would not go far. She was so beautiful and his and his alone. Every time he thought about Titania as his mate his heart skipped a beat; he had never been so happy before in his life. Soon the two of them would go back to where they had met and claim it as their own and perhaps soon after that more would follow. Zalen had been thinking more and more about what it would mean to lead a pack, but he was ready; he had the blood of the First Alphess running in his veins, and he was strong.

Though the outside world was bright with winter sunshine it was cold and Zalen stayed within the den, sleeping more then he probably should have. Soon his eyes fully opened and he lifted his ebon head to look out in the golden world. Widow’s web glistened like a precious metal in the sun. "I’ll be leaving you soon my friend…" He said softly to the spider. He took a look around his den, which he had lived in for so many moon’s turns; so many things had happened to him the span of his finding this den; but now a new chapter in his life was being turned.

With a stretch Zalen got up and shook himself, venturing outside into the cold; he could smell Titania, she was no far off, most likely exploring. She was so young, hardly even out of pup-hood, but he could see in her the woman she would become; an Alphess for the ages. Zalen wandered out a bit to see if any of his regular marking spots were starting to fade, as he hoped they would be. He would not want his scent lingering in this area any longer then it had too.

After several moments of walking Zalen came to a tree that was just inside his small territory; he sniffed at it, confirming that his scent was indeed fading, when suddenly he noticed how quiet the area was. Black ears swiveled slowly on his head, and the male became tense.

What do I care how much it may storm? I've got my love to keep me warm
WC :: +377
template by revo. <3

[/html]
OOC: I don't the date :3 and this will be interesting :O

Shawchert had been worried. Orin was frantic with worry and Shaw had to make sure his daughter was ok. She had left with no word, not note, no nothing. What he would say to her he didn't know. He just knew he had to make sure she was whole. He remembered what Zalen had told him after Shawchert had warned the black man about hurting his daughter. Shawchert was a very protective man, how could he not be, but he knew when pups had to leave and though it was Titania's time it was hard for him. How could she think she had to run off like she did? Did she know how worried she made him and her mother? Whatever the case, after Liam had .... he knew it was time to really make sure she was ok. Shawchert was still upset with the whole murder, and then he was not allowed his kill made it all the worse. Shawchert felt he needed to walk it off. Two birds with one stone he thought as he moved closer to Zalen's home.

Shawchert hoped that he would meet up with his daughter first but it seemed that his luck would run out at that thought as he saw Zalen looking toward him, his ears pinned to his head. Shawchert, though one a leader, now a member of a pack knew that he had to show that this man had the authority around here, though it was not a pack it was his home and Shawchert respected that, though he wasn't going to roll on his back. He bowed his head, and looked at the ground quietly and spoke in a soft tone.

"I've come to speak to my daughter."

It was a statement, but also a request, though it hurt the large man to do such a thing. It hurt him to act as he was now, but only in his pride. He was nothing more than a dog anyway, since he couldn't even protect a puppy from death. He remained quiet as he stood waiting for the black wolf's answer.
[html]

Titania Moonsong

She noticed the stark silence that suddenly befell the forest too, and since her presence had become a normal fixture around here for the last few days she knew it wasn’t because of her. Her ears perked and swiveled and she glanced over her shoulder, peering back and into the trees. A moment passed before she concluded that it must be Zalen – not realizing that his presence was even more common here than her own and shouldn’t warrant the abrupt silence. If he was awake and about she wanted to see him, so she leaped to her paws and pranced back into the forest.

She tromped loudly through the brush. Feeling safe in her mate’s soon to be former home she felt no need to soften her paw steps as she moved over the dry, bare bushes and fallen flora. It wasn’t long before she saw Zalen’s dark form through the trees, and he seemed to be focused on something. She halted, staring at him for a moment before dropping into a crouch and inching forward. Her eyes narrowed as she got closer…

“Ahh! Gotcha!” She declared gloriously as she burst out of the trees, about to tackle Zalen. The brakes were activated immediately though as her eyes caught a flash of what he had been looking at.

She skid to a stop next to him, her eyes bugging with surprise and her jaw dropping to form an O, just like her mother’s typical shocked look. She yelped doggishly and reversed her momentum, sliding next to Zalen before sailing through the air again in reverse and landing behind the dark wolf. Like a pup she hid behind her mate for a moment, before the stronger woman she was becoming started to prevail. The shock abated and she realized how poor that reaction had been - lesson one - so she took a deep breath and stepped out from her hiding place behind Zalen, coming up next to him and facing her father.

Her ears were back but not down, her face stern. “I’m not going back.” She shifted her weight ever so slightly so her snowy flank pressed into Zalen’s, finding strength and security in his presence. The strength of Zalen’s scent in this place was not just their proximity; it was coming from Titania’s coat, too.

Word Count :: +300

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ZalenOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/0dHwu.png') #7f7f7f no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 10px 10px 10px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.ZalenTitle {text-align:left; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #999; color:#c40602;}
.NAME b {color:#555; font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.ZalenInfo {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#c40602; font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenInput {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#bbbdbf; color:#42120f; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%;}
.ZalenInput b {font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenInput b:before { content:open-quote;}
.ZalenInput b:after { content: close-quote;}
.ZalenSubtitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.ZalenInfo2 { text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#c40602; font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#889c2e; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>
Zalen

OOC :: Blah

The hulking male that appeared could not be mistaken; it was Shawchert, Titania’s father. Zalen’s immediate reaction surprised him, for when he had first met the enormous wolf he had been submissive and nervous; but now his black hackles raised and his ears stood erect and forward. A small snarl came to his lips as he raised his head, though he still had to strain his neck to be able to look into the man’s face. Had he come here to retrieve his daughter? Zalen would not allow it, and he would fight the man to his death if he had to.

With a small growl and agitated flick of his tail Zalen made it very clear that he was no happy the Cercatori d’Arte member was here, You are on my territory, Shawchert. Why have you come here? The male then did something Zalen had not been expecting and showed submission before commenting that he only wanted to speak with his daughter. This calmed Zalen’s stance and his hackles lowered, obviously Shaw did not mean to kidnap Titania; perhaps he only wanted to say goodbye.

Zalen’s ear swiveled to Titania’s approach and before he could warn her she pounced. Immediately she recognized her father and hid behind Zalen before stepping forward confidently and making her intentions to stay clear. Zalen nudged up against her slightly and whispered, I don’t think he’s come for that… He looked into her golden eyes lovingly.

WC :: +242
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Shawchert could tell the man was being territorial as any should, and he moved back slightly. He wasn't here for a fight. He just wanted to make sure Titania was ok, though it seemed she was in good hands with him. Shawchert was about to speak when Titania came zooming in, and he nearly smiled when she did nearly exactly what her mother would do, but it seemed as though it stopped from there. She was serious and it seemed that they were both stubborn as elk. Shawchert cleared his throat, still not sure what to say. How awkward he was in a land that wasn't his and yet facing the child he wished he could have brought up, for her to trust him enough to tell him that she was leaving. Closing his eyes he shook his head.

"As much as your old man wants to bring you back, I know when it is time to let go. You should have told me though. You.... you had us worried. Your mother, she's still frantic over you leaving."

He said, though he wondered if she would be any less frantic if Titania had actually said something. He could understand why she hadn't told her mother. She WOULD have tied the girl to a tree and never let her go, but Shawchert knew better than that, and though he had punished Titania it was to teach her a lesson in living with a pack and a family. No matter what you were doing always tell those you were close to what was going on. It seemed she had not learned that lesson quite as well as Shawchert had hoped.

"I came to make sure you were safe, that's all."

He said holding his hands up. He was used to seeing his girl in her wolf form as she had been that way most of her puppyhood, but now she seemed wilder, freer, and he envied the young girl for that. He knew that he could never go to being wild. Now he had gotten that out he wasn't exactly sure where to go from there so he stood there hoping she would understand why he came, but with her, he didn't know...
[html]

Titania Moonsong

Zalen was so good at reading others. She was astonished when she looked into his deep olive-green eyes and saw utter surety there. Her nose almost touched his as they looked at each other for a moment, and the youthful girl looked supremely confused for another beat until she turned to look at her father and noticed his posture. She was so surprised to see him at first that she jumped to the worst conclusion. Now her expression shifted and she looked at him with soft sadness. She didn’t really know what to say.

“I’m safe, Dad,” she started slowly. A soft sigh escaped her and the edge in her stance softened, her muscles relaxing and the jagged sheen to her coat smoothed out into rounded lines. “Zalen kept me safe.” A slight smile came to her muzzle as she bumped into him again, nuzzling his cheek as much for her own comfort as to express her love of him.

“I planned to send word and then come back to visit after I was settled. I didn’t want to leave like that but no one would have ever let me go. I couldn’t risk someone stopping me… there’s too much at stake.” She glanced at Zalen, hoping her father didn’t blame him. “I left early… before Zalen came for me. I found Crimson Dreams – like Mom visited, and where Liam left Juliet. But don’t be mad at them,” she hurried to say this part. “I didn’t meet very many people and they knew I had renounced my pa- ...Cercatori. They didn’t have an obligation to tell you…” She wondered if he would jump to that conclusion; her mom certainly would. She wanted to be free, and she wanted to leave the least amount of pain in her wake. A thing it seemed very hard to do.

She was quiet for a minute, her gaze dropping while she pondered. Her ears flicked back before coming back up again. “So I’m safe with Zalen. We won’t be here much longer though…” she let it hang in the air but didn’t expand on the thought, not wanting to give away too much until she knew she could trust her father’s motives. Even at her young age she knew this could be some kind of ruse. Not that she wanted to not be able to trust her own father, but her body and soul was now under Zalen’s fair rule and he had become her priority.

“What now, then?” She looked at her father apprehensively, wondering where they would go from here.

Word Count :: +400

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ZalenOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/0dHwu.png') #7f7f7f no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 10px 10px 10px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.ZalenTitle {text-align:left; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #999; color:#c40602;}
.ZalenSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.ZalenInfo {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#c40602; font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenInput {padding:10px; border: 4px double #000; background:#bbbdbf; color:#42120f; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%;}
.ZalenSubtitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.ZalenInfo2 { text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #999; color:#c40602; font-weight:bolder;}
.ZalenRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#889c2e; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>
Zalen

OOC :: Yeah lets keep this thing going!

Zalen could feel the sadness flow out of Titania as she realized why her father was here. He listened to her as she spoke to him, telling him why she had made her decisions. The black wolf looked up at the giant man, gauging his reaction; he was sure Shawchert would realize there was no way his daughter was ever going to return to Cercatori now. Though Zalen felt sympathy for him, he knew that soon the man would relinquish the pain of losing his daughter, as Zalen was sure all parents did.

When Titania spoke with uncertainty on what would come next Zalen nudged her affectionately with his head, This should not be a sad time… He looked up at Shaw, Your daughter will become the leader of a great pack and you will be proud. This was the first time that the new pack had been mentioned to Shaw as far as Zalen knew and he wondered how the man would react. He knew that Shaw had once been a leader himself and was sure that he would be proud that his daughter was following in his footsteps.

Zalen turned and moved to a position behind Titania, We will be leaving in a couple days and then will return for a short while, then we will go to the territory to the north that we will claim. You will be able to find Titania and I there… Zalen wasn’t too keen on letting out the location of his soon to be territory, but Shaw was family and had a right to know.

WC :: +264
template by revo. <3

[/html]
OOC: awerrrr stinky shaw and talking too much!!!!!

Shaw was quiet as Titania explained her reasons. They were that of a teenager and one who wanted to leave that badly. Shawchert closed his eyes waiting for her to finish. He wished that she could have trusted him more. Had he been that over protective? Had he been so overbearing? He sighed, it was perhaps true, though he had little say in the girls' upbringing. Shawchert knew that was a part of it.

"That pack has its own concerns, I don't expect anyone to send word of a stray wolf. I had hoped you would have trusted me more. I only punished you for leaving with no word. If you said something to me about going to find your mother something I would not have. I probably wouldn't have chased you down now if I had known and no worry would have spread through our pack."

He explained, yeah, he was sad, it had hurt that she didn't trust him, he turned his head as Zalen spoke up. She was to be a leader? At such a young age? Mixed emotions filled him, but he saw Zalen's eyes and knew the man would show her right, he was very protective of Titania, and though the two had made decisions that hurt others, he was sure Zalen was a good man. A hint of a smile crossed over his face.

"I've always been proud of my daughter, she and Juliet are my pride. There is little they can do to deminish that."

Though it was a shadow of a smile as he remembered Liam. He had been someone's child, he had once been a cute little puppy ready to please anyone and now... now his own sister, blood or not, was dead. He turned to Titania.

"I will make sure to try and calm your mother, and the rest of the pack would like to know you are ok..... I will not let them know of the new pack quite yet though."

He turned a sly eye on Zalen who seemed uncomfortable with letting the words out in the first place. Shawchert could understand the secrecy. He had been in the same position with Skye; though he had let her know of a pack, then he had chose the territory all his own. Now, well he hoped Titania and Zalen's pack would be far better off than his own.
[html]

Titania Moonsong

There was a flash of annoyance when her father talked about old tidings. Did he really think she’d left the pack because she couldn’t take his punishment? Sure she had seen it as unfair and a complete overreaction, but she would never just abandon all of her family and her pack just because of a little argument with her dad. A streak of offence lanced her heart and she was about to react when she caught a flash of Zalen’s eyes. His look stopped the poison welling inside of her, soothing her and reminding her that it was alright. Shawchert was her father, not an enemy, and she needed to stop trying to fight with him all the time.

Her look softened again, the fire in her eyes cooling to something more sentimental. An ear had flicked toward Zalen when he told Shawchert about the pack. She was surprised, but there was no look of disbelief given in the girl’s eyes. The pack was a thing to be proud of, not to renounce. And if her mate and Alpha chose to tell her father about it she knew it was a good decision. Her eyes turned back to Shawchert to watch his reaction.

A small smile came to him and seeing that made Titania perk up, raising her countenance to look happy and proud. He didn’t make any direct comment about the pack, but the next thing he said was a compliment, to which she smiled. “I guess I take after my father in a few ways.”

Her tail twitched in a subdued wag and she took a few steps toward her father, showing budding tenderness with each step. She nose-bumped the tip of her father’s nose. “Let her know I’m okay, and that I’m in good paws. I promise after we’re done and settled I’ll come back to visit so she can see for herself… or even sooner if I can, but I wouldn’t bet on it. No more than a moon, I’m sure.” She glanced at Zalen for reassurance, then gave her father’s muzzle a loving lick.

“Will you give Mom and Juliet my love? I know this must be really hard on both of them.” She felt a little guilty about Juliet. She was the girl’s closest ally but now she was gone. Never mind the fact that she had also promised to introduce her to Zalen, but she never got the chance. “And I love you, too, Daddy.” She gave him another small nestle before prancing back over to Zalen, her tricolored tail curling over her back. She met him with a wag and a smile and another nudge, then glanced back to her father.

Word Count :: +400

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>
Zalen

OOC :: Short post, Shaw you can post a short one too and then we'll close her down.

The tender moment between Titania and her father was not lost on Zalen though he took several more steps away and averted his gaze to give them some privacy. It made something in his heart yearn for his mother, something he had hadn’t felt in a long time. But subconsciously he could imagine his great grandmother wrap her fiery arms around his form in comfortable and the ache dissipated. Titania was his new family now, and he did not need to mourn over his mother any longer.

Titania reassured her father, showing him her affection, giving him a message for the rest of her family before she once again was at his side. He nuzzled her gently, proud at how strong she was being, before he shot one last glance at Shaw and gave him a slight nod. He would take care of his daughter, he would put his life on the line for her; she was more a part of him now than anyone had ever been.

Zalen lead the two of them away, back towards the den, their contrasting hides moving in synchronization. It was good now that Titania had put that behind her; now they were truly free.

WC :: +201
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Yes Titania was much of her mother as he spoke, he could see her becoming defensive again, but at least it was shrugged off. He knew she would appreciate it a little more when she was fully and adult and either had children of her own or another situation. Either way they were over it now and he couldn't help smiling a littl more as she said she was like him. He nodded and winked at her.

"I have no doubts you would be a wonderful leader."

He had bent lower as she moved closer to her, and let her nose touch his, something he would have to cherish for a long time. He nodded as she made her request, he would surely make sure everyone got the news that she was safe and sound, and that she wouldn't come back to live but eventually visit.

"I love you Sweetie, make sure to try and visit often. And Zalen, my promise still stands, I hope you take the best care of her."

He said to Zalen, a slightly stern look on his face, but nothing threatening. He watched as the two walked away from him, feeling his heart wanting to follow, but he made himself turn around and head back home where his love was waiting with their remaining daughter.