Time
[html]

wc; 500 backdated to december 1st, early afternoon. Note Frodo hasn't been here long at this time, so anyone he meets in this thread (apart from Ayasha who greeted him into the pack) he wont know yet. All welcome though!

It had been a successful day. Very successful indeed. He’d helped a young lady how to hunt and now there was a spring in his step as he waltzed back to AniWaya. Frodo now had some animal pelt thrown over his shoulder, in a sort of makeshift sack. Inside this sack was lots of boar meat. Frodo grinned widely, very pleased with himself at having killed the boar. It had been an adventure for him indeed. Got lucky this time, ol’ boy. he muttered to himself, hauling the meat further up his shoulder and then plodding onwards. Now his brain was straining to figure out where on earth he’d put the wretched load. He hadn’t yet a proper home so currently he slept in the stables with his horse, but he didn’t fancy leaving it there… he wouldn’t trust it out in the open. He’d have to dump it in the stables for now, Frodo thought, and come back for it later once he found somewhere better.

He did just that, unloading his sack of meat inside the stall in which his horse was standing in, pawing the ground eagerly. The man also took off his cloak, bow, and quiver, for he needn’t need them the rest of the day, the only thing him keeping in his hand his silver dagger. Surprisingly, it was quite sunny, and most of the recent snow had melted away. So the man walked naked out of the stall and barn, stretching himself as he walked straight forwards, finally hitting the AniWayan village. Halting himself, the Silvertongue looked around, craning his neck at his surroundings. He hadn’t been here for nine months. Hmm… Frodo scratched his chin, wondering if his pack would mind if he made his own hut in the village. Of course they wouldn’t mind. he told himself, a slight smile tugging at his maw. This was his home now, too. He lived here. He had a right to building his own hut.

Cautious and intense green eyes flicked this way and that. Frodo Silvertongue examined everyone else’s houses with ease, taking in what their differences were, which seemed the most basic, which were smaller and which were bigger, which were sturdy and which were weak. Eventually, he made up his mind to what he wanted. Frodo picked a nice empty spot in the central area of the village, and started drawing up basic plans for the hut with his dagger. It was basically a large hexagon shape, with a divider roughly half way through it. The plan was to have one half for sleeping in, and the other would be the entrance where he kept his weapons, food, and other items; and of course where visitors could talk to him. When he was happy with his plan, Frodo finally got to work, collecting long branches and stray planks of wood to form the basic structure of what was to be his home.

Frodo Silvertongue

<style>
.frodo2ng .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.frodo2ng-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#2020FC; text-shadow:#ffff00 0px 0px 5px;}
.frodo2ng p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.frodo2ng b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.frodo2ng {background-color:#58FAAC; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #58FAAC; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color #58FAAC:; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.frodo2ng-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.frodo2ng .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ohaithar. Big Grin / +numbah

The last thing Matteo expected to see that day when he got home from another round of training with Light was someone building something... in the middle of town. He'd expected to see such things in the warmer weather, when the ground was softer and the wood more pliable, but sure enough, one of the newer members was working away at gathering planks of unused wood and branches from trees.

What he was building was a mystery to Teo. Still, he approached out of curiousity, hoping to have something to distract him from the pain of his now battered and freshly tattooed side. What are you making? Teo voiced as he came closer, stopping a foot or two away from the pile he'd collected. He tilted his head animatedly to the side, ears going uneven in a comical display of dog-like curiousity and confusion.

The male working there was new; that much Teo knew. A name was still lost to him, as well as rank, but he suspected something not related to... building things. He'd seen Trinket working away at his own projects plenty of times and somehow, an outdoor construction of something didn't seem right for the season. And none of this wood was good for the Great Fire. So why...?

<style type="text/css"> .frteo b {font-weight:bold; color:#b46031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a1704; } .frteo p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .frteo {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/641/tttteeeeeo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 320px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a86a47; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .frteo p b:before { content: open-quote; } .frteo p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
[html]

wc; --- hi ^^

He'd gathered up a decent pile of sticks that were fat and hallow, similar to bamboo. Carefully, he applied them to his birds-eye-view plan, making the base of the hut. He didn't much want to be sleeping on the muddy ground, even with a roof over his head, so the wooden floor would be much appreciated. Frodo had just started constructing a section of the outer wall of the hut when he looked up to see Matteo approaching. Frodo dropped the dagger he'd been using to cut up the wood and straightened up, locking his eyes on the stranger and smiling with them as well as his maw. Makin' a hut. he replied, grinning wolfishly. Can't be livin' in the stables all my life, can I Sidney? I'm not a pony or nuthin'. Gotta save my holey ghost and bacon before I end up swinging from a hook, you get me? his efforts looked quite alright for the moment. He was no craftsman, being a hunter at heart, but he was fair with his hands and was familiar with making huts. Being a gypsy most of his life, he'd travelled on carts, but now and again they'd stop for some trading and market, and have to set up a little camp for a couple of months; just like the aniwayan village. So he knew how to make a basic structure of a home.

Frodo Silvertongue, by the way. Tsisdu Kanati. Yeeeep. he held out a curly black hand, stretching it towards Matteo in form of greeting. He'd met a lady before who hadn't known what to do with the hand, and Frodo hoped Matteo did; shaking hands was a custom he was familiar with, had grown up doing. He turned back to his makeshift hut, craning his neck this way and that. It probably needed a good hour more before it even started to look like a hut. It was a start, though. What I got 'ere is the lower platter-form, see? he gestured to the flooring of the hut with a swish of his hand. It was about five meters times five meters. Plan to have it as tall as me... which isn't very tall, I know, don't be takin' the mick...and eventually, the under-the-neath will be sheltered by a thatched roof. You gettin me skipper?

Frodo Silvertongue

<style>
.frodo2ng-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#2020FC; text-shadow:#ffff00 0px 0px 5px;}
.frodo2ng {background-color:#1ACB1A; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.frodo2ng .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Confused Teo is Confused. / +numbah

The more this person spoke, the more Matteo thought of Trinket; he could only hope that this darker fellow was nothing like his insane foster brother. One Trinket was bad enough... but two? Teo couldn't help but shudder, though he passed it off as a shiver from the cold. A hut. It's winter. The ground's too frozen to make anything sturdy... isn't it? Confusion was obvious in the albino's voice as he eyed the startings of a floor, wondering where he'd learned to make such an oddly shaped house.

Then he came over to greet him properly, extending his hand in greet and introducing himself. Teo took the guy's hand, Frodo as he'd learned, and gave a firm shake, knowing the motion well. Matteo Trovato, Kunikoti. He introduced quickly, then slipped his hand back into his pocket for warmth. Dual-colored eyes eyed the floor again, the lower platform, and he nodded. Egh. Remind me not to visit in my optime form.

Frodo was signifigantly shorter than Teo, by at least a foot. Even if he gave the hut some headspace of a foot or two, the Trovato boy had a feeling that, once finished, he'd still have to hunch over just to fit inside. Why not make it seven feet tall? That way, you have enough room for visitors or interior things, like decorations and furnature. It was the standard for humans back in the day, so it'd probably do you well to follow suite. He suggested, perking his ears to indicate how tall seven feet would be; with his ears up, Teo was just shy of the height. Damn rabbit ears.

<style type="text/css"> .frteo b {font-weight:bold; color:#b46031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a1704; } .frteo p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .frteo {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/641/tttteeeeeo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 320px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a86a47; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .frteo p b:before { content: open-quote; } .frteo p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
[html]

wc; --- 8D Frodo's a crafty little bugger....Also I seriously have no idea how to build a hut, I'm making this up as I go along...but hopefully it'll turn out something like this...http://watermarked.cutcaster.com/cutcas ... an-Hut.jpg mud packed around sticks...thatched roof, etc.

Frodo had never met a Trinket. It was probably just coincidence that Matteo thought them alike; there was really no connection. S’only early winter. Ground’s not frozen, s’just wet. he got a long stake like stick he’d been planning on using for the wall and dug around in the light snow. Sure enough, the mud beneath the snow was wet and squishy rather than frozen solid. He managed to plunge the stick in anyway, and it stood upright. The sticks would be packed together with mud more than likely, so it would be pretty sturdy when the job was finished.

Frodo shook the hand vigorously and then smirked. Yes, Matteo was quite a bit taller than him. There was no way he’d fit inside if he wanted to. Frodo however was in favour of Matteo’s plan. His head tilted to the side curiously, nodding a tad. Yer… Frodo pondered, scratching his chin a little. He looked up suddenly, a new fire sparkling in his eyes. Think ya might jus’ be on ter somethin’ there, prince Aladdin. he patted Matteo on the shoulder, actually having to squeeze onto his tiptoes to do so. Never woulda thought of tha’ myself. I’m a few cells shy of a brain though, mind you. the man skipped around joyously, running a circle around his makeshift hut before scampering off a few meters into the trees. Frodo came back with another large stick, about eight feet long. Frodo stumbled and struggled with it seeing as it was almost double his size, and found himself wobbling until he dropped it near the hut. With his dagger, he trimmed it until it was about seven feet long and then he stood it upright around the flooring, not without some more struggle.

Frodo cast a sideways glance to Matteo then, his intense eyes looking mischievous for a moment or two. Oi, you’re a burley fella aren’t you? he commented, taking in the lean structure of the man, the toned body. I’m quick and slick and well nifty, but I ain’t strong enough to lug no dead weights. Fancy helpin’ a kid like meself out? he asked with a smile. Frodo was short, and skinny, and all together quite weak looking. It had taken a great deal of huffing and puffing to move the great stakes where he wanted them. These one’s weak as kitties. he commented, looking down at his own arms, pulling them in to show Matteo his measly muscles. I don’t know… even when you speak to it firm your body aint doin’ nuthin you wantin’ it to do. But you’re my ticket to a hut, buster-bal oon. Hoick your bones up and let’s get shifted. Just need to be placin large sticks around the perimara-meter, like so. he gestured to the large sticks that surrounding the hexagagonal shape. Get it? Got it? Good. with a sly grin Frodo snuck off to the side again, hauling yet another large plank towards the work-in-progress home.

Frodo Silvertongue

<style>
.frodo2ng {background-color:#1ACB1A; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Hi-ho, hi-ho! It's off to work they go! Big Grin / +numbah

Yet again, Teo was reminded of Trinket. Aladdin. What was with people not calling him by his real name? Still, used to being called Cotton... whatever, by Trinket, Teo took no offense and just took at as it came. Frodo obviously meant no offense in it, so why be bothered? To each their own.

Teo watched in mild amusement as the boy struggled with some more lumber and was actually about to offer a hand when he called over to him, juding Teo to be stronger than most assumed he was. Lately, thanks to his training with Light, he guessed it was a fitting description now. He'd toned up quite a bit and it wasn't hard to tell that he could hold his own in hard labor.

Sure, why not? Dunno how much help I'll be but I'll pitch in. If we work through the day, you should have a place to sleep by nightfall, right? He hoped he was right; building houses wasn't something Teo had ever done before. The place he lived in with Gemma had been abandoned and already put together, a human's old lodge or something. It even had a basement and an attic for the brothers to sleep in!

He trotted over and started to help, hauling lumber planks and stakes to where ever they were needed and plunging them into the surprisingly giving earth. He'd follow instructions and soon enough catch on well enough to act without being told. He hoped he was doing it right and, despite the pain in his side and chest from the new tattoo, kept up a good speed in his work.

So where are you from, Frodo? Never hear anyone around here with a voice like yours. I assume it's not a local thing? Teo spoke as they worked, knowing full well that his accent probably told the boy the same thing; he wasn't a local born. Frodo's way of speaking was neat, though. Fun to listen to.

[html]

wc; --- with a gun and a blade, and a hand grenade, hi ho, hi ho hi ho hi ho!

So it was agreed. The gypsy boy nodded with a wide grin that almost overflowed his whole face, watching Matteo with fierce, calculating green eyes. How many times his abrasive and firm eyes had judged another from watching them was uncountable. It had happened many times before and it happened again now. Frodo kept his opinion to himself but he knew that this fellow was pleasant. For the time being, at least. Frodo trusted everybody and anybody until they turned against him. Perhaps this made him naïve or even stupid but he believed everybody to be given a chance. So for the moment, this man had his uttermost trust. Affirmitive. he said simply, wagging his tail in the most fluent of movements.

For the most part they worked together in silence. Frodo Silvertongue noted that what Matteo was doing seemed exactly what he wanted; so he made no comment as they worked in fear of hindering the pace at which they built the damned thing. It took some more huffing and puffing for the skinny lag to haul each piece of wood around the hexagon, but it was starting to look like…well, it was starting to look like something. It was a start at least. The man sent a look of amusement in Teo’s direction as he asked about his voice. Usually others pretended he spoke normally, pretended they didn’t notice his odd voice. Usually they ignored it, acted as if wasn’t there, and grew a kind of awkward area between them. Then there were the mean, the cruel, who would pick on him, and finally the curious. He figured he liked the curious the best. He could be more open with them.

Here there an’ everywhere mostly. Never did learn the places names. My family were traveller folk. Gpysy’s. he said the last word Gypsy’s with a slight tremble. He missed behind a gypsy, constantly on the move, never knowing where they’d turn up next. That was perhaps why he spent much of his time out of AniWaya and out exploring the rest of Nova Scotia. The man shuffled his feet and looked up at Matteo once more. What ‘bout you, skipper? he asked simply, pushing up the last of the stakes into the ground. Now there were long poles fully surounding it. All that was left now of the walls would be packing mud, leaves, and moss into the hut. The sticks were so close together that there were rarely any gaps, however the secondary covering of debris would secure the hut and make it more stable. Once the walls were done, they’d move on to thatched roofing. And that was something Frodo knew a little more about.

Frodo Silvertongue

<style>
</style>
[/html]