Whats a little pain?
His body stood in place for a moment, the tree in front of his imposing form showing the signs of recent abuse, his shins reflected the abuse back. They bled lightly, swollen from the punishment he had so recently given. Training was the purpose; his body had to be as solid as stone. Not many really took the aspect of training seriously, not like he did, preparing the body and mind for pain was the most difficult aspect of being a warrior. Knowing pain, and training the body to deal with it. Someone could done fancy armor, swing a fancy weapon but it all meant nothing when the bite of blade, the pressure of a hammer, or the fire of fangs dug into flesh and elicited a response. Pushing past that pain, building the body to handle it where things the expert focused on along with technique.

Again his body moved, hips pivoting right leg swinging forward, followed by a loud thud and a small grunt from him. The tree shook slightly barely noticing his efforts, his form pivoting again left leg swinging outward and booming against the tree. This time a louder grunt left his mouth, his left leg had been the one he had broken a year or two ago and to him it felt as if it wasn’t ever going to become as strong as it had once been.

His fists clinched for a moment obviously angry over the revelation, but it soon faded. His angry subsiding as he glanced down to look at the damage done to his shins. The pain wasn’t as bad as one would thinking, having done this many times before he’d built up quite an immunity to hurting himself.
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

:> I suspect Zyn has told you the plan for this? =D

The man had spent a couple of days in InH, his days consisting of training from his friend, hunting, and weaving a cloak he planned to gift X'yrin. As the days passed Frodo began to think of himself as a guest in the pack rather than an intruder; he was X'yrin's guest and had been treated as such for the most part. He was still cautious when moving through the claimed territory though, still nervous and put on edge. He had to walk around it to hunt though- everyone had to eat- except this particular time he was not to hunt. For the time being he had already eaten, and X'yrin had referred him to her mate for yet more training. It would be interesting to see if Saluce's technique mimicked her own or if it was terribly different. He would find out either way.

Frodo crouched low when the first scent of someone crossed his curled muzzle. The man orientated his optime self by shaking his cranium rigorously with vigour, and then realised the scent smelt slightly of X'yrin. Perhaps this was the Saluce he was looking for. Perhaps not. But he approached all the same, his tail held low and head also directed to the ground. Eye contact was something he'd not managed to accomplish since being attacked. The boy looked up though, forcing himself to meet gazes this time, and saw a luperci repeatedly attacking a tree. When he watched the stranger wolf finally look down at his shins to see the damage caused, Frodo approached cautiously, his ears flat against his skull. It seemed the man was almost two foot taller than Frodo, and the curly furred 5'8 man felt dwarfed in comparison. His eyes grew wide and he muttered a greeting. Alright, magic man?

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#E5CDB6;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
X’y had told him, well rather warned him of a stranger called Frodo. She didn’t warn him but he had taken it as such. Saluce didn’t suffer weak individuals easily, nor was he too friendly in any case but the approach of the stranger was met with silence. The behemoth found his greeting rather strange. Magic man? What the hell was wrong with this kid? He sounded like another hippy to him and above all else he was a brute surrounded by these hippies and for a man who disliked hippies it was astounding he even resided here. His gaze slowly looked upon the small stature of what he regarded as a boy, lanky, unfit of even carrying a sword with any power, and he inwardly groaned at what X’y had gotten him into.

“Do you know pain boy? Have you conquered your mind and body?” the question was the greeting, and he already knew the answer to it. Acting so submissively, so unbecoming of a would be fighter. Already his eyes noticed his subtle shyness, his inability to act as the man he should be. The behemoth turned to face him, crossing his arms, looking disapprovingly of him. Of course it was an act, or rather a way of training, testing to see the boy’s resolve in what he sought.

“X’yrin has told me about you, your circumstance. What is it you hope to accomplish with such a under developed body and mind? Will you quit if things become too tough?” Of course he expected him to resolutely say he would never quit, which is why he had come here. If he was to attain any mental fortitude, proving it via actions would be the only course.

“So in all fairness, what is it you want? Just some fancy skills to show off to the ladies, or the ability to deal death with a swing of a sword?” Many questions but he only wanted the answer to one, wanted to know how far he wanted to go with his training, if he wanted the resolve to do what needed to be done, and the strength to endure anything.

((ooc- If this is a little harsh, I apologize, he's just normally a very grumpy guy and he's suspicious of anyone saying they wanna be a fighter and not really understanding what it takes.))
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

Don't apologize, I like his style >Big Grin

The way the tall man responded to his greeting was completely unexpected, and caught Frodo slightly off guard. This wolf seemed to be so different from his mate at first impressions. Despite what Saluce seemed to think, Frodo wasn't normally referred to as a hippy. He was, however, a gypsy though. And a boy, which was bang on from another of Saluce's thoughts. I know pain. He's an ol' friend o' mine. was the response, and then Frodo thought to add; I aint conquered nuffin. Neither mind nor body, friend. S'why I'm here. he said simply, meeting Saluce in the eyes for the first time. His own green optics blazed with a new found fire. Like every young man, the thing he above all strived to do was prove himself.

The answer to Saluce's next statement came quickly and there was an earnest and accurately stubborn note in his voice. No. he would not quit. When Frodo put his mind to something he would accomplish it. Either that or die trying. Dying wasn't something that had happened yet, thankfully. But when Frodo had wanted to learn to ride a horse, he had rode a horse. When he'd wanted to use a bow, he had learnt that too. Anything he wanted to do he would try his best at. The youth knotted his hands together and raised his ears just a smidgen of a level, daring to be just that little bit bolder. The next thing Saluce asked he had to think for a good portion of time about before answering. What was it he wanted? To conquer evil or simply to become like every strong male was? The short man straightened up and locked his eyes straight forward with a burning intensity as the answered formed in his intelligent mind. I want to protect myself, so I do. An' protect others. I want to be noble and gallant. I'm wantin' to learn from my mistakes and become stronger. I want to learn how to hold my own in battle. I want to be strong, captain. I want you to teach me these things. the short, clipped sentences were spoken with as much vanquish and valiant meaning as he could muster. Will you? he asked finally.

<style>
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
The man seriously doubted he knew pain in the least, and how to handle it. But he eyed him all the same gauging his growing response to his questions. He withstood his gallant proclamation, oh how everyone wanted to vanquish evil, be the knight in shining armor. But his comment told him all he needed to know. That he knew nothing of death, or being the reaper of souls, and the damnation that would be brought upon his own soul.

It happened in an instant, such a big brute like him one would expect him to not move very quickly but his hand was quickly upon his pupil’s neck, gripping it harshly before picking him up, spinning and shoving him against the tree. A low growl escaped his lips as fierce blue eyes gazed the short distance toward him, arm flexing with incredible muscle.

“I do not talk about saving damsels in distress… War, battle is not a beautiful heroic thing, it’s dirty, it’s nasty, it eats at you. It’s life and death boy, and the quicker you realize that what you seek is the corruption of even your soul, the quicker you’ll know what exactly you want in life.” His gripped loosened once he felt his point was across, but he still held him against the tree. A free hand rose up and a finger tapped the boys head as he continued.

“This needs to be stronger than your body,” he said simply, meaning he needed the mental fortitude to continue. “The only way that can happen is to train your body, to endure the pain of endurance, to learn how to push through boundaries you never thought you could.”
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

Eek!

It happened so suddenly he couldn't so anything to react. The moment the paw swung for him it was too late. He hadn't even attempted to duck before the paw clutched round his throat and pinned him against the tree. Frodo didn't struggle because he didn't want the man's opinion of him lowered. He was still. The boy couldn't help but gulp with the strain on his neck but his eyes were fierce as he locked them on Saluce's. Eagerly he listened to what he could, ears pinpricks so they could catch every word, every detail. He was earnest in learning the information given despite it being a strain on him given the hostile position he was in. When the had loosened he steadied his breathing but found himself still pinned. I-I.. I understand. he said simply through numb lips.

The single finger tapped against his skull and he watched the movement with his green eyes, watching as it struck against his cranium and then made it's journey away again. The next piece of wisdom had, however, already been engraved into his brain beforehand. X'yrin had taught him of such mental control, of focusing on a single thing and striving to do it. He nodded stiffly, unblinking but starting to sweat slightly, despite how cold the weather was. Yes. was his final response. I'm ready, captain.

<style>
</style>
[/html]