Special Friendship
[html]

word count: 558

The wolf ran through the Sugarwoods with his hawk playfully. His paws pounded against the ground as he bounced around in the middle of a clearing, his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth and his eyes just as off centered as they have been. As his hawk flew above him, she looked down upon him with disappointment. The sky was nice and clear; a perfect day for gliding through the air, but this idiot of a wolf kept ruining her peace. She always called him stupid. He never took offense from it.

As Leichi jumped around and acted like a little puppy again, he picked up a sharp stick he had found on the ground close to a very large tree. He swung it around; not knowing it was sharp enough to cut through the bark slightly. Something collided with his play toy and caused it to fly out of his mouth. He stopped clumsily, skidding to a stop and falling forward. He stood back up and shook himself off. His attention was then brought to the tree he had so recently sliced. He stared at it in bewilderment. How could a tree, bleed? The maple tree was oozing a dark reddish brown substance from the sliced area. He leaned closer to it, trying to get a whiff of the sweet scent the sap was giving off. The sweet aroma caused him to go dizzy for a moment. He smiled widely and stuck his nose to it to sniff it again. He touched his nose to the sweet smelling substance and jumped when it stuck to his nose.

He jumped back, the sap was stringing out from the tree as far as Leichi had backed up to. He pulled and pulled; soon he finally managed to get free from the tree. The sticky goo was stuck real good to his nose. He pawed and pawed at the sap but could not get it off. Instead it attached itself to his paws as well. Timmy, his hawk, flew down and perched on a branch hanging above him. She looked down upon him and tipped her head up.

“No. sticky. Stupid wolf!” her head going this way and that as she spoke to him, she told him the obvious again. Leichi snorted when some of the sap got stuck right on the inside of his nose. He finally managed to get the sap out after a few vigorous snorts. Timmy rolled her eyes. she could obviously tell he was trying desperately to get the sap off of him.

“No. Not coming off,” she declared. Leichi glared up at his best friend.

“Well no duh! C’mon help me Timmy! I’m really stuck,” Leichi begged. The sap on his from paws latched together and now his front paws were stuck together. Would he ever get out?

“No! I get stuck, too. Stupid wolf!” Timmy launched off of the branch and landed next to Leichi.

She then stood there, watching him struggle in the sticky sap prison. She obviously wouldn’t help him. She was just simply too small and would get stuck easily. Many of her primary feathers would get pulled out and she wouldn’t be able to fly as well. That and she liked to watch Leichi get stuck in “sticky” situations. They had a, special, friendship.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ACK THIS POST SUCKS I'M FIRED

The Sugarwoods was only a short jaunt from Casa di Cavalieri territory, though Wayne McCoy did not know what he would expect to find there amongst the once-tapped maple trees. He merely wanted to go for a jog and get in some last alone time before leaving on another journey. Dixie was back home, and he hoped that she was getting rest if not making preparations. His heart rate still quickened at the thought of just the two of them traveling again.

But if he was looking for crisp, cold air to clear his head, the Labrador man was not going to get it. He blinked as the sickly sweet smell of tree sap wafted toward him and cocked his head. Someone must have clawed at the bark recently; he couldn’t fathom why the trees would start leaking randomly.

Shrugging to himself, he walked toward the scent to investigate—then paused when he reached the scene before breaking out into a huge, amused grin.

The dark brownish-black wolf had apparently gotten sap all over his muzzle, as he was pawing wildly at his snout and yapping at someone named Timmy to help. Meanwhile, a rather indifferent-looking hawk stood next to him, squawking out clipped and heavily accented High Speech to let him know that, no, he wasn’t getting any help.

The sight was too ridiculous for the cowboy to handle. He broke out into chuckles and held his ribs. “Uh—you need any help, partner?” Wayne managed between quiet laughs.

<style type="text/css">
.waywa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac6031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b1e0c; }
.waywa p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#582b1d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bsmRV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 290px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a36c3b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

word count: 356

Leichi was still attempting to get the damn sap off of him when he heard someone chuckle behind him and offer help. Leichi paused and rolled over, trying to stand up. He managed to get his sticky feet apart for a few seconds until they came back together because of the sap and he did a face plant into the ground. He gave a large grunt when he went down. He was just waiting for Timmy to say something.

“No. too sticky,” she turned to the rather western dog a little ways away from them and began to speak again, “he stupid wolf,” she explained and nodded once when she finished, her eyes closed and her beak turned up in a sort of superior way.

Leichi managed to get his head up from the ground so he could speak; there was a desperate smile on his face. “Yes please,” he said, chuckling miserably. The poor wolf could barely move his paws.

“So what’s your name?” Leichi asked shyly, trying ever so desperately to look this dog in at least one eye. Even though this dog didn’t seem the type to judge, he hoped that he won’t make fun of his eyes. Timmy flew up from the ground with a power stroke and hovered right in front of the western Labrador’s face. Her eyes narrowing, she knew pretty much everything Leichi was thinking.

“You no make fun eyes!” the hawk stared at the Labrador real hard for a moment and then flew back to her best friend, perching casually on top of his head in between his ears. Leichi couldn’t help but laugh.

“Sorry ‘bout that. My hawk gets pretty protective about that. My eyes aren’t necessarily, normal,” he explained, moving his eyes around to show that they were off centered.

“My name’s Leichi,” Leichi smiled warmly and cleared his throat, “Eh hem, you gonna tell him your name girl?” he asked. His hawk had a very serious look on her face; she was standing as still as a rock.

“Me Timmy.” She tilted her head up and closed her eyes, once again acting superior, as usual.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
Re-hirin' myself 'cause this one sucks much less!

With all the somberness that had filled his mind lately, the waking worries and thoughts and feelings overtaking him, it had been a while since Wayne could relax and have a good laugh. He was not trying to be unkind to the wolf flailing around with sap stuck to his muzzle and paws, but the scenario was so ridiculous that anyone who didn’t get a chuckle out of it had a poor sense of humor indeed. His quiet laughter morphed into a small grin until the hawk informed him that the sap-covered wolf was stupid. Even if she had been capable of more than just broken high speech, he was sure the message would have been blunt all the same.

The cowboy caught a glimpse of pale blue eyes flickering pathetically up at him as the wolf accepted his offer for help. It made the man smile again, though this one was slightly more kind, and he came over and began to kneel to the other’s level to better reach the sticky face.

It was then that the red-tailed hawk interrupted, flying up close to him with a warning before perching nonchalantly on the dark wolf’s head. Blinking in confusion, not sure how to deal with a bird that wasn’t a chicken, he could only turn his gaze over to the wolf’s scrambled one. It was clear now that his eyes were off, one fixed neatly on him while the other pointed off in a different direction, and the effect was a little disorienting.

“A funny face don’t always mean a funny head,” the Labrador mongrel returned in a muttered tone. It might not have been the best thing to say, but the wolf seemed lucid even if he didn’t look the part. He looked back at the somber golden stare of the hawk and smirked faintly as the pair introduced themselves—the luperci Leichi and the bird Timmy. He arched a brow at her moniker but didn’t make any comments on it.

“I’m Wayne McCoy,” the dusty-colored dog said. His smile came slightly more slowly than before as his usual social awkwardness crept up on him, but he was luckily distracted by the work that needed to be done. “I can cut what’s dried if you c’n hold still, and I’m sure some lickin’ can get the sap off.” He drew one of his knives and added with some humor, “But I ain’t doin’ the last part for ya.” He wedged the blade very carefully between the dark wolf’s forepaws, managing to push through the stickiness so the male could at least get them apart. He then grimaced as he glanced at the sap oozing along his blade, bringing it to his mouth and testing his tongue on it.

<style type="text/css">
.waywa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac6031; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b1e0c; }
.waywa p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waywa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#582b1d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bsmRV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 290px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a36c3b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count: 247 sorry for not replying for a while. Dang Christmas! I didn't really know what to write so I just tried to find something. It's not that good.

Leichi flinched when the wolf pulled out the knife quickly and started to cut through the dried sap. This wolf seemed fairly friendly. Leichi laughed as well when the wolf had said he wasn’t going to do the licking.

“Don’t worry; I wouldn’t make you go through that pain,” he said playfully.

Timmy was watching this whole friend-making situation happen and she didn’t like it. No one was best friends with Leichi besides her, and only she would be best friends with him. She swooped down and landed on top of the western dog’s head, or hat. She leaned over so she could see the dog’s face.

“Me Leichi’s friend. Not you,” she said harshly. Leichi growled at his best friend.

“Timmy! Don’t be such a selfish brat!” Leichi then glanced at the dog cutting the sap from his paws and smiled awkwardly. He didn’t really know what to say about that, so he just forgot about it instead.

“So, Wayne, do you have a pack?” he asked curiously, hoping if he did he might be able to join them.

He had been wanting to join a new pack for a while now, and if this dog was from a pack, that would mean he might already have a friend in his new pack! Wayne seemed like a nice guy and Leichi hasn’t seen much of those types around anymore. He just hoped Timmy wouldn’t get mad if he made new friends a lot of the time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]