To Soar
[html]

out of character text

The dark brown wolf walked along the shore of a pond in his optime form as Timmy circled around him high above in the sky. He loved the peaceful feeling of the water rushing n and out around his ankles, the soft, squishy sand seeping in between his toes. He thought about going for a swim, but with snow probably coming soon, he dared not to. The water was cold, but it felt good as it washed and soothed his worn paws.

Timmy looked down at her best friend who was going in a little bit farther into the water. “No. too cold. Stupid wolf,” she called down in her heavy accented high speech to him.

She flipped her head up and continued to fly around and do, as it seemed to Leichi, very complex and amazing aerial tricks. He wondered how it would feel to have wings, to be able to soar high in the sky. Timmy had been his best friend ever since he was very young. He always traveled with him, stuck by his side. He wondered why she never just left, flew off. That he didn’t know. He watched his best friend from down below. She looked beautiful as her feathers ruffled in the wind rushing through them. Birds were usually pretty, but hawks were very unique.

As he walked along the sand, a sharp shard of something got stuck in his foot. He yelped and shook his paw. A sparkly piece of something flew into the air and landed in front of him. He sniffed at this curious sharp object. It was a sort of greenish pink color. It was very pretty and almost hypnotizing. The color combination went beautifully together. His paw gave a sharp sting of pain and he lifted it up quickly to look at it. His paw was bleeding slightly, but not too bad. He should be fine as long as it didn’t get infected. When he looked hard at the sand, there were slight sparkles hidden in the sand. He started to dig the others up to reveal the small sharp shards of different colors. He assorted them and studied them for a while.

Timmy noticed that her wolf friend had lied down by the shore and was studying something. She decided to land and see what the stupid wolf was looking at. She lost her focus and almost plummeted down to the sand when a blinding array of sparkles hit her sensitive eyes. She landed clumsily on top of Leichi’s head, slightly roughly, and pecked his forehead.

“No! Don’t make go blind! Stupid wolf,” Timmy scolded. Leichi shrunk down a bit. Intimidated by a hawk, wow! He rolled his eyes and looked up at Timmy. Resting his chin in his hands, he let out an amused sigh.

“I’m sorry it won’t happen again,” he said in a singsong voice. Those two. Leichi sure wished he had more friends though. He sighed heavily as he knew that his wish would probably not come true for a while.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
OOC

Terra had been minding her own business, playing with her dagger, when something bright shone in her eyes. Yelping Terra fumbled, sending the dagger tumbling. Desperately she tried to grab it while dodging the sharp edge. Terra didn't want to get cut. At last she seized it, a mere inch from the ground. What had caused that? Terra looked around as a strange voice spoke. It wasn't like a canine's at all. Curious Terra trotted over.

On the beach was a wolf, a bright red hawk sitting beside him. Lots of shiny colorful pieces laid around him, the light reflecting off. So that's where that troublesome glare had come from. Trotting down Terra called out. Thanks for blinding me. What do you have there? Her voice was pitched and melodic, revealing her coyote heritage.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I wonder how Terra will react to Timmy haha!

As Leichi admired the colorful pieces, his hawk, Timmy, flew off of his head and slightly scratched him. He winced slightly and pawed gently at his head as best as he could, which wasn't that good. He was pawing at his head when a voice came to his ears from behind. The wall eyed wolf whirled around to see a female coyote walking up to him. He clumsily stood up, accidently slipped and landed roughly on his face, and stood up again, this time more carefully. He brushed off all of the sand from his chest fur and cleared his throat.

"Oh, um, sorry. I honestly don't know what these things are. I just thought they were pretty to look at. Sorry 'bout that. It kinda blinded Timmy, too," Leichi explained. He looked up in the sky for his hawk, but it didn't take long to find her, for she was spiralling down towards the coyote and jolted to a stop in front of her and narrowed her small sensitive eyes.

"Blind me too. Stupid wolf!" The hawk spoke to the coyote in a heavy accented high speech. Leichi rolled his eyes amusingly at his best friend.

"That's Timmy. She's my best friend," he paused for a moment, "Can you come closer please? I can't really see you very well. My eyes are kinda, weird." Leichi looked down at the ground so the coyote wouldn't see his eyes. Timmy flew over to Leichi and perch atop his head as usual. This time she was staring this coyote down.

"No make fun eyes," she ordered. Leichi sighed and put his hand to his forehead.

"Oh boy..." Timmy flipped her head upward and closed her eyes, acting superior, of course!

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
OOC

Terra watched the interaction between the hawk and the wolf with some amusement. The wolf appeared to be quite clumsy. She outright laughed as he fell over, enjoying the ridiculous sight of him scrambling over himself. She could only hope he hadn't injured himself on any of those colored bits. They looked quite sharp. Terra agreed with the wolf though. They were very pretty. Maybe she would pick one up and take it home with her.

Just as she was about to ask who Timmy was, the hawk dove down towards Terra. Panicked by the bird she tripped trying to get away from it. Terra stared in amazement as the hawk talked, agreeing about being blinded. It spoke with an accent, but it had definitely spoken. Terra stared in awe. She'd never met any animal that could talk before.

She watched the hawk return to it's friend. Climbing back onto her feet Terra approached the wolf, eyes never leaving the bird. It was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen. Momentarily her eyes flicked to the wolf. What's wrong with your eyes? There was nothing but curiosity in her tone, too distracted by the talking bird to take a proper look at his eyes herself.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count: 432

Leichi stifled a laugh when the she wolf tripped and fell over when his hawk swooped down in front of her face. He didn’t want to laugh,’ it would’ve been rude and mean. He decided to just stay quiet, that is until the wolf asked a question about his off-centered eyes. He looked sharply down at the ground and mumbled softly to her.

“I was born with them that way,” he muttered pensively.

He remembered that time when the older wolves from his old pack had caused him to leave for making fun of his eyes all the time. Since then he had always been much more sensitive about his eyes. But if it weren’t for his wall eye, he would never have met Timmy that snowy day almost a year ago. Timmy flew in closer to the she wolf and stared her down hard.

“I said no make fun! You no be mean,” she ordered.

Timmy, at times, seemed even more sensitive to the way people talked about his eyes than Leichi did. She was very overprotective of her best friend’s feelings. Leichi kicked the sand gently and held his hands behind his back. After his best friend spoke, he walked over to the pile of colorful shards and sifted through them.

“What’s your favorite color? I might be able to find it in here,” he asked without turning around.

As he sifted through the colorful shards, one of them was point a bad way, and it got lodged in his paw. He yelped in pain and quickly pulled it out, wincing as he jerked it. He shook his paw and then started to laugh, staring at the small amount of blood on the shard. He turned and looked at the wolf, a large, amused smile on his face.

“I’m guessing you don’t want that one?” he chuckled.

Then, without warning, Timmy swooped over and carefully grabbed the shard from Leichi’s paw. As she flew over the cold lake, she unclenched her talons and let the shard fall with a plop into the water. She flew back over and landed on Leichi’s head, nodding with contentment.

“Bad shard gone now. No more blood,” she declared. Leichi laughed at his best friend then looked back at the other wolf.

“So what’s your name? I’m Leichi,” he asked warmly. He looked up at his hawk, silently giving her some sort of cue. The hawk narrowed her eyes and was very serious.

“Me Timmy!” her head went up and her eyes closed in a superior sort of way. Yep, that was his best friend.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

He was born with something wrong with his eyes? Terra actually looked the other wolf in the eyes this time, and finally noticed how they weren't aligned properly. It looked pretty funny. Terra stifled a laugh as the hawk swooped towards her again, this time scolding her for being mean. She wasn't surprised by the hawk this time, playfully snapping her jaws at the bossy bird. The hawk was surprisingly protective of her friend, not that Terra could blame her. The wolf did have a disadvantage.

The wolf asked her what Terra's favorite color was, drawing a pause from the young coyote. She didn't have an easy answer prepared for that, having never actually spent anytime thinking about a particular color preference. She liked her coat, but found it too flashy for stealth, preferring brown or black. Green was a lovely shade when the sun hit the trees just right, creating this perfect dappled color. Blue was beautiful too, lighting up the sky with a welcoming brilliance that filled Terra with a care free delight. Did she really have a favorite though?

The answer was no. All the colors were important, giving her information and flattering her. She couldn't pick red for the hue of her coat as it was also the color of blood, or green as it tended to go away. There was simply not a single color that was the best for her to use. I don't actually have a particular color I like. The wolf stabbed himself with another shard accidentally, causing Terra to wince sympathetically. She laughed lightly at the other wolf's joke, and laughed even harder as the hawk disposed of the 'bad' shard.

Their introductions were smooth, as if they were used to speaking together. Terra's tail wagged humorously as the hawk continued to act superior, bringing a small chuckle from Terra. I'm Terra from Cour des Miracles. Nice to meet you. She actually gave out her real name, which was a small shock for Terra, but they were such goof balls Terra felt there was no harm.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

word count: 252 sorry for not replying sooner. I had a lot of Christmas stuff going on.

When Timmy swooped down in front of the wolf, she had snapped at her playfully. Timmy thought this was a threat, so she squawked and pecked the wolf’s forehead roughly. She quickly flew back over to her best friend and perched on his head again.

“No wolf snap me. That bad!” Leichi laughed and shook his head.

“Sorry about her pecking you. She does it all the time to me. Don’t take it personally,” Leichi chuckled.

Leichi was surprised to hear the wolf say that she didn’t have a specific color she preferred, but he decided to pick one out for her anyway. He was sifting through the different colors to try and find a shard that looked pretty when the wolf introduced herself. He finally found a red and green mixed one that looked very pretty for this time of year. He grabbed it and walked over to Terra to hand it to her. He smiled brightly, trying as hard as he could to look her in the eyes.

“Nice to meet you, too! Here, I thought this one was really pretty so you can have this one,” he said, holding the beautiful shard out for her to receive, “I don’t have a pack yet. I’m hoping to join one soon, though,” he said cheerily. He looked the wolf up and down now that he could see her more clearly.

“Do you like it?” he asked shyly, still holding the colorful shard out to her, waiting for her to take it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC Sokay. I've been busy too

Terra flinched lightly as she was pecked on the head. A small whine of complaint escaped her, irritated at the bird. Apparently it didn't mean anything though, so Terra let it be washed away. The hawk seemed to be just as nervous about her playful snap at least. She couldn't blame Timmy. After all, one snap of the jaws from a not so friendly canine would be the end of the pretty bird. Terra's tail wagged in acceptance.

Her ears perked forward as a shard was held out to her. It was very pretty, not just a single color, but a bright blend of two. The red and green swirled together in a beautiful pattern, captivating her eyes. Every part of her focused on that small shard, forgetting the hawk and wolf before here. Mine? Happily she plucked it out of his hand, holding it close. She stood there, fiddling with it as Leichi continued to talk. The light flickered around, bringing a small bubble of laughter out.

I really like it! Thanks! Terra put her hand down, the shard still enclosed inside, as her mind pulled forward what he was talking about while she was playing with the piece he gave her. Cour des Miracles is a really nice pack. They're extremely lax about a hierarchy. You don't need to worry about offending anyone. Well, except for when you join, but that's just common sense. What kind of pack are you looking for? I know about a lot of them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]