Look to higher ground
[html]Ethereal Eclipse, for Frodo. Set after this thread, at sunset.

What made him venture away from his destination and head north of Crimson Dreams could not be found. That emotion was hidden to him, confusion settling in and instead of going to speak with his mother as he intended the Marshal simply headed north. Did he not want to tell his mother his secrets? Feelings that started to bubble inside and confuse him, she could not know those things. So he found his way through the thick forests of the Ethereal Eclipse and focused on the landscape. Hunting would be hard, with the night just over the next tree lined hill or through the next glade. Instead he walked beside his friend, Hawthorn surprisingly silent.

He was not sad yet he had the urge to bring his nose to the naked tree branches above, the cold blue sky dim and loosing its brightness, and call out his loneliness to the empty world around him. Was it longing? Did Alder need more then he already had? A hand went to Hawthorn's neck, and he could not imagine what else he needed. Alone in the wood with the Sun setting, Alder would look to the trees of his brother's name for comfort and shelter. The ancient Oaks stood like pillars of support for the tree named male. As his mother had always taught him as his brothers, all three of them named after a tall standing arboreal creatures; they would never be alone in the forest, they would always be protected.

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

homgosh @ stay gold - ponyboy in alder's title. I squealed at this. My room mates think I'm crazy D8 the outsiders ftw though :>

His feeble attempts at fighting from horseback had got slightly better. His skill was developing slowly but surely, and soon he would have a firm base for both attack and defence, his own technique to weave and mould as he pleased. For once today he was riding Strider - the white stallion had a thing or two to protest about the fact Frodo now had a secondary horse that needed constant training, so Frodo decided it was time to give the horse a bit of attention today. Ethereal eclipse was a place he was more than mildly familiar with and so their destination was there. The plan was for just a little bit of casual riding, however Frodo had brought Sting with him just in case an opportunity for him to use the sword arose. Sting was now another of his favourite possessions. It swung now from his tool belt that also served as a sheath for both the sword and his dagger. Apart from the belt the man had a simple, brown leather shirt on his body, and of course the hooded cloak he was so fond of.

Gently, the man squeezed his steed into a canter. Bareback he was, and without a care in the world he rode in a way that more civilized wolves might frown upon. He barely even bothered to hold on as the horse sped up of it's own free will, jumping over a nearby log and from there dancing into gallop. The curly furred wolf grinned, his tongue flying out of his mouth, but then realised it was probably better to halt when he saw two figures up ahead. Tampa! En! he cried out, and the horse quickly slowed down into a canter, and by the time they had reached Alder and Hawthorn, they were at a gentle trot. You silly ol' pumpkin head! he muttered to himself, worried because they'd almost practically ran over the horse and his boy. Ello. he said then, tapping Strider to a halt. He vaulted off the horse and grinned at Alder and Hawthorn, eager to make friends - the norm for the lively boy. I'm Frodo, so I am. Sorry if we mighta startled you both a bitty bit there, rookie. he paused and scratched one ear thoughtfully. Actin' somethin' like a jackaroo, an' somethin' like a frogger today, am I... he looked up, intense green eyes glowing. Get me, skipper?

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#E5CDB6;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]Big Grin

There was a sound, a single thrush though the wood that caused him to pause. Standing beside the shire horse Alder looked through the dim light and the trees to catch sight to what had caused the sound. But sight and scent were weak while the wind was down just as the Sun fell too. Then, the sound was as distinct as the scent that came from the pair. It was a rider, the Marshal knew the sound better then any other. He did not have time to process the scent though, the white stallion and rider a vision between the trees and a greeting sang from an interesting tone.

The masked male took a step back, while Hawthorn grew curious quickly. His head moved up and down and a snort was heard from his nose. Alder said nothing, finding that the dark male had much to say himself and the tawny boy needed time to take it all in. It wasn't until there was a long pause after a sort of question that Alder opened his mouth, but he felt it dry and useless for another moment. No, I'm sorry I don't understand. He shook his head as he spoke. The other was a quick talker, and it was either his accent or the way in which he phrased his words that made Alder unsure of their meaning.

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

poor alder...frodo's a dorkface

It was a shame that his string of muddled words and sentences didn't seem to have much of an affect on the stranger other than make Alder quite confused. Frodo pouted slightly and then ran a hand through his curly ginger hair, grinning all the while despite being upset he wasn't seeming to communicate with Alder. His thoughts were confirmed when the young man told him he didn't understand. S'just the way it is. Frodo commented thoughtfully, rubbing his chin like a wise man. He looked up, gazing intently at Alder, wanting more than anything to get through to him. Let us start again, my old china... he said as slowly and as clearly as he could, but the words from his lips were as heavily accented as they usually were. I'm Frodo, skip- he was about to add a jolly little name or catchphrase as per usual but then held it back in a gulp, correcting himself. It made his eyes water with the effort. Silly old Frodo. I mean, I'm Frodo. he said carefully, pursing his maw in a deluded manner.

His gaze shifted between the huge shire horse and Alder in awe, wondering what it would be like to ride such a huge beast of a horse. His Strider was apparently tall at 16 hh, but obviously not when in the presence of Hawthorn. The white stallion hung back nervously, as usual scared of strangers, his snorting wild and audible. This was just why Frodo needed another horse...he loved Strider, and Strider was best when they needed to get somewhere as fast as possible, or somewhere dangerous, however he was no good in social conflicts. The mare Rohan was better suited to such meetings. What's your name, if I may ask, my jolly green gian-? he caught himself again, scowling. This time it was himself who he talked to, quite angry indeed. Jjjjayzus, I can't do this! Shoot, I really cant! but then he looked up triumphantly, shaking his head. No such word as cant. he muttered to himself heftily. No such word as babagoozle, either! he exclaimed wildly, throwing a pleased-with-himself look at Alder. Surely, if Alder was confused before, he would be perplexed at this stage.

<style>
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]He gets confused lol & Frodo is so cute!

Alder leaned back slightly, tilting his head back as understanding and realization rolling over him. Frodo was his name, and though there seemed to be something else that the brown maned male was trying to tell him, knowledge of his name was clear and true. As Frodo looked at Hawthorn, Alder gazed at the alabaster horse that he had ridden in on. He was sleek and leaner then the thick shire that Alder cherished. He was a beautiful beast, though looked rather uneasy.

Alder of Cour des Miracles He answered, thoughts broken away from the horse for the moment. Still unsure what else the stranger was saying Alder simply ignored he extra words, perhaps it was just the way he spoke. He tried to focus on the most important phrases mixed in with the more random. Either way, he was friendly and cordial and Alder couldn't help but begin to like him. Hawthorn would not go without being introduced and reached his nose out to greet the other wolf. This is Hawthorn. He added.

You are from AniWaya?

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

xD hehe thanks =3

Finally he got something out of the stranger. Alder was a funny name, one he hadn’t heard before, but it interested him all the same and his head tilted to the side a little, grinning a little. Cour des Miracles was a pack he was familiar with for the most part - familiar not with how it looked but he knew who ran it and was acquainted - and good friends to say the least- with the leader’s son. I know a kid from there. he noted, inhaling softly. Skoll Haskel. You know ‘im? Good kid. Tuppance for his record and all that. his tail wagged just briefly and then intense eyes gazed towards the heavy bred shire, Hawthorn - as introduced- reaching out with his nose for some form of contact with Frodo. The friendliness of the horse was something he was somewhat unaccustomed to; and it was nice for a change for him not having to work to get a horse to spark interest in him.Cormlle naa tanya tel’raa. he spoke fondly, pushing his palm to brush against the horse’s large nose. Mae govannen, Hawthorn.

The emerald eyed male looked up suddenly to the question about his own pack. The man nodded simply, drawing his contact away from Hawthorn with a swoosh of his hand, now all focus directed at Alder. I am. An’ before you ask, I weren’t involved in the war. I’ve only jus’ came back, after a long trip north, savvy? he ran a hand through the flower-born hair, tossing auburn streaks out of the way of his eyes and tossing the mane halfway over his shoulder. The curly fur on his head was constantly, a mess, however it was kept roughly short so it was easy to move if need be. Still, it was quite an annoyance to him for the moment, as he was constantly pushing it back.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It always eased him when a stranger was familiar with the pack, especially in a positive way. In his early months Alder would always lead of end his title with the fact that he was the son of Anu, since many knew his mother. And the association was a positive one. But, Alder could stand on his own now. Leaning on his rank in the Court, rightfully so. Since he had earned it. Though when Frodo spoke of a member Alder had to shake his head and say, I only know his father. Our King. The last name was distinct and known through out the Court as the sir name of their leader.

He smiled at the friendliness of his horse. He knew that not all creatures had an open personality, but the pale horse Frodo had rode in on seemed particularly cold. Alder called out a greeting, using the low-speech he had been taught and often practiced with the horses of the Court. He wondered if the stallion would care at all, he wouldn't be offended if he didn't.

Yes it had passed through his mind. It would take time before Alder could think of the tribe without thinking straight to the times of war. His poor mother would wear a scar for the rest of her days to remind her of the month she had been a captive of Maska. But, Alder did not simply assume that Frodo participated in the fighting. It was his belief that wolves were all gone. The tall male nodded his head at the question, Of course. Thankfully that is all behind us. Alder paused and then asked, Had you grown up in AniWaya? Alder had always been fascinated by those that left their homelands for distant worlds.

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

He was glad to know Alder knew Skoll's father. Skoll himself had proclaimed himself a prince, and the son of a great leader, and Frodo, being Frodo, had believed him straight away. So it was no surprise to hear this from another. Smiling warmly, his eyes flickered to the left to watch how Strider reacted to Alder's greeting. Cold the horse was, but he was not without heart, merely constantly concerned for his rider's well being. The horse snapped up his head and snorted through nourished nostrils, his muzzle curling slightly but not in anger or hostility. Strider was defiant, fierce, and arrogant, but he knew a fellow that knew his way around horses when he saw one. Frodo couldn't speak a word of low speech, so it interested Strider to hear a high speaker emit his most common tongue.

Frodo smiled warmly and nodded. Yes, it was behind them, so he hoped. He'd lost a friend or two in the war he'd missed and regretted his pack had fought in one, but he was much glad it was over. The next question tugged a hole in his heart for a moment or two before he answered, albeit taken off guard. Nah. it might have seemed that was the end of it, and there was nothing more to be said, but that would have left Frodo rude. And he wasn't rude, if he could help it. When he told others of his past, it was somewhat of a mixed reception he was given. But he was who he was. Folk judged him for being a gypsy, or for have being a gypsy, and the fact he couldn't stay in a single place for long. Born a gypsy, me. My birth pack stayed in New Zealand for t'most o' me chil'hood. Fishin' for crabs if there ever were, I daresay. he sighed, dreamily wondering back to the rolling mountains of where he had grown up. The place he spoke of was so far away. He had travelled far to where he was now. But I ent never in one place fer long. I've been everywhere, me. And then I ended up in AniWaya. Must be fate. Or somethin'k of the sort. he suddenly looked up to the sky, smiling widely. Someone's up there, watchin' over me! Mark my words!

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

They all had their own personalities, horses and canines. Alder watched the light stallion's reaction and took it lightly, and not to heart. Where Hawthorn would gladly snuggle his head against a stranger's chest, others were far more skeptical. It was the truth nature of the beast, they were creatures of flight and so they had not been created to live among the wolves and coyotes that had tamed them and asked so much of them. Alder understood that truth, and resided to leaving the beast with the distance he seemed to enjoy.

The story from the tribesman was particularly interesting to Alder, who thought that leaving Crimson Dreams for the Court had been a grand leap. He did not even know where the Zealand lands existed! He knew a little of geography, from the maps of the Dreamer's when he was a pup. But this place was unknown to him. He smiled at the last bit Frodo said, almost laughing at his eccentricity. He liked the way he spoke, and the cheer and energy that he seemed to put into just about all the things he said. Yet, the topic of his homeland was obviously a dear one to the dark male's heart. Alder could not help but ask further, yet he did so gently.

I have never left these lands, you must have seen a lot in your travels. Have you been on a ship?

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

The light-hearted and friendly banter was dearly met with gratitude. Frodo inhaled the now familiar scent of Alder and Hawthorn, accustomed to their presence and very casual in the way he held himself, even leaning against a tree that was beside him to listen to Alder, to support himself as he felt the conversation would happily go on for a while. In the introducing and friendly talk, he had been smiling all the while, however the smile soon vanished at the mention of ships. Sure, he had been on plenty in his time, but there was one ship that had pained him gently. The memories that arose from it had been dug down deep, and he had yet to tell anybody his story. While he would not explain all of it though, he felt it was time to come clean, and maybe discussing it would be the only way to get rid of the memory for good.

Many-a-ships I've ridden on, to get across't'sea. But the last one I been on...why, the last one... tenderly, he frowned, and then turned his back to Alder. The man unfastened his cloak first and it fell to the ground in a crumpled heap. The fact that he was undressing might have quite shocked Alder, however Frodo continued all the same. The youth unbuttoned his shirt fully, and then slid it halfway down his back. Immediately, the great gashes in his body were evident. As best as he could back-to-front, he ran hands over the puckered skin on his back, making sure to show Alder this was what he wanted to show him. The scars were many in quantity, turning his back a bit like a piece of paper that a child had scribbled on. Las' ship I been on, they did this. he said quietly, and then as quickly as he had undressed, he pulled up his shirt and fastened the cloak round his body once more. Cautiously, the young man aimed a far-fetched, weak smile at Alder, waiting to see any reaction about what he made of it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alder had always been curious about water, and the canines that rode on ships. Though, it frightened him far more then fascinated. He liked the ground, solid beneath him and constant. Even on a horse Alder could feel the hooves beating on the earth. If one was to fall it would only be a short drop to the soft dirt. Nothing seemed to be able to live on the ocean, other then birds that could fly away. And of course there must be fish. Yet he saw his large heavy body sinking under the swells of the sea; if he happened to fall off one of those imaginary boats he envisioned himself standing upon.

Frodo's speech seemed to slow, hesitant in a way. There was something amiss in his history, something that caused the once joyful male to turn unhappy. Then, he began to remove the cloth the he wore.

I'm sorry... that they did that. Alder said softly. He was not one that could understand the ill behavior of others, the malicious things that they did and torment that they projected. It was horrible. Why? He spoke quietly, the image gone from in front of him for Frodo dressed quickly again, but it hung in his thoughts. He couldn't understand, for the dark male was a pleasant creature with a welcoming personality... Alder felt the heaviness in his heart, he thought of those like Maska... and of Dawali who had let things happen to his mother and other innocent creatures.

He wished he could think that it was simply those that were out to sea that were capable of such things. He couldn’t though, and give himself a false sense of security. Evil was everywhere, and often in the places that were least expected. No matter where they went, it would be hiding amongst them.

[/html]