Cry Traitor and Sing Conviction
He had come across disturbing news from X’y. His suspicions on the stranger he had come across at her hunt had been true. Saluce remembered the girl from a long ago meeting between Dahlia and Inferni. Then she had been an envoy of the coyote pack, and maybe the reasonable coyote that stood next to the she devil she traveled with. But he had noted then, just as now that she resembled the other leader of this pack and he wondered if there was a relation there. But as with all things that took a back seat to the his true intentions of seeking out the Inferni traitor. Fiercely protective as he always was, anyone in the pack came under his umbrella, even if their history involved the Demon pack. So he needed to know, how serious the offense, how Inferni viewed her, and how this would play into the packs relationship with Inferni.

Saluce was traveling horseback today, giving Charlemagne a work out of sorts, rather giving him a brief reprieve from the stables. The behemoth didn’t quite know where to find her, so he started at his first logical conclusion, Razakiel’s dwelling. Satisfied that her scent didn’t cling to terribly closely to the surroundings of his dwelling and really not interested in talking to that man he traveled onward. Snaking along the river valleys and mountain passes, before going through the numerous cities that lined the bay’s coast, growing agitated that he didn’t know enough of her scent to truly lock onto any fresh trail.

Finally he decided enough was enough, he’d call for her and be done with it. His nose lifted to the air, letting out a long call, making sure to put the notes in his voice that would catch her attention. After all this was important, for her safety and the packs safety all rested on how she answered his questions.
[html]

where would you like this to be set? :o

On this day Sage had spent some time by the shore; a place of deep thought, recollection, and necessary solitude. She found that it was deserted there, and not once did she see another canine face beside the shoreline, or even the lighthouse. Upon Lennon she had traveled this time, favoring his fast four-legged travel. They had traversed nearly the entire northern coast before the afternoon, and she was pleased with her findings. The sea had always been a thing of comfort for Sage, and even now amidst family she sought it still. Despite her desires, Sage knew she would on occasion need a place of solace like this to come when things went wrong-- or when she just needed to breathe in that luscious salty-sweet air.

So when the deep, masculine call came for her, it was unexpected. Sage sat atop Lennon, a burning joint between her lips, slowly sauntering back towards the more central areas of Ichika. Now, though, she had to turn his course. Not far, but far enough, to follow the unknown voice. Lean-muscled legs squeezed the sides of her steed as she urged him towards the voice, hoping to locate it's corresponding scent with her nose to the air. The young Lykoi did not recognize the voice, though, so she couldn't place the scent, either. She navigated as best as she could, spending quite a few long minutes determining the exact direction before she was able to pinpoint something that may have once been familiar.

When the ashen wolf came into view, he was atop his own horse. The pair were a sight to behold, for sure, and despite Lennon's size, the other man stood much taller. He was all wolf, and his size was nearly double hers. Sage knew that she had met this man before, but could not remember his name. Delving into her memory she took a heavy puff of the smoke before exhaling as she came to a halt several meters from him. "Sir?" she asked, leaning forward, her golden eyes squinting against the afternoon glare of the sun. "You called for me? I know you, don't I...?" Seeing him brought to her mind thoughts of Talitha, the cousin whom she had once been quite close to. Sadly, she reflected upon her departure, and wondered if the woman would ever return. That was not her business now, though, and Sage could not help but wonder why she had been called here.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]
((Just west of Trenton))

The man sat patiently a top the giant Shire horse, enjoying the subtle views back to the south of the mountain range that afforded them some bit of protection against the outside world. But it was only an illusion of safety, just as their peaceful ways where. Where some saw them as non-threatening others would surely see opportunity to exploit them, and others yet would see this experiment as misguided in an imperfect world. Above any of them Saluce knew the dangers, while he may not have held the same ideals as the pack as far as peace and passivism, he did however feel it his duty to look after this experiment, to give it the chance to succeed. Not because he agreed with it, no because he wanted Nayru to succeed.

It wasn’t long before his call was answered, his ears picking up on the clacking of the horse she road approaching. His blues looked across at her as she made her entrance and his head nodded in greeting to her. Saluce was no cold, he smiled gently as she spoke, he was sure of it now, seeing her now that she was indeed the coyote from days long gone.

“Yes and I know you, The lady who visited Dahlia, with that she devil from Inferni.” He said plainly, although no hate was conveyed in his speech at the revelation. She was indeed apart of Inchika now so he need not be hostile to her.

“I was with Nayru that day, I am Saluce, believe the only two Dahlian’s that remain within Ichika.”
[html]

so sorry for the wait, got swept up by holiday stuffs!

The gray man spoke of a she-devil, and as she dismounted her brow furrowed in thought. Was he really talking about her long-gone cousin Talitha? That had been so long ago, when Sage still had faith in Inferni. She should have listened to Talitha; she had been right all along, after all. Sage hadn't belonged there, never should have stayed there. She was not much worse for the wear, though, and found herself much happier here in Ichika. However, as much resentment as she held for the russet woman and Inferni itself, she couldn't help but feel a bit hurt by his accusation. He gave his name, and now she remembered him. Yes, he'd been rather grumpy that day, hadn't he? "Saluce, that's right," she said, adjusting her bag and moving closer to him, golden eyes staring up at the much larger man on his mount, patting Lennon's large-framed pale body gently, brushing off bits of dirt and debris here and there. "Yes, Talitha hasn't been around Inferni in a while," she admitted, trying to hide the slight sadness in her voice at the fact. She worried about her cousin, and hoped that she was doing well, wherever she was. She had children now, after all, and they would need a strong mother. Sage only hoped that Talitha could provide that.

Sage cleared her throat, digging into her bag and sparking up a joint to loosen the strange tension she felt now. Did he really call her here only for idle chatter? "So, how have you been?" she asked, offering a small smile as she blew the thick smoke out of the corner of her mouth, dainty cream fingers holding the joint loosely up to black-lined lips. "I can't think you called me out here just to chat, though, or am I wrong?" Of course she wouldn't mind a nice chat; it was always welcome. But something in his tone of voice made her think it was something else, and she couldn't help but be curious.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
((no worries darlin, was bound and determined to keep an eye out for your post, because I wasn't going to let this one die))

He smiled a bit; again his posture was anything but hostile. Watching her dismount and listening to her with an open ear. He mentally recoiled when she lit her joint, remembering the bad sneezing fits that stuff sent him into if it hit his nose wrong. Saluce edged Charlemagne a bit away for a moment under the guise of giving him room to dismount, but more so to get him away from the smoke. A long leg swung over the horse before he slid down and onto the soft snowy ground. It would have been easy for him to fall into a soft pleasant conversation with her though, she seemed so nice and easy to get along with it that it helped to calm him more than anything.

“I’m doing good, X’yrin keeps me busy, and so does Nayru. Stubborn woman she is at times.” He smiled, but didn’t reveal why Nayru was keeping him busy. Figuring it wasn’t much of anyone else’s business if she was pregnant and X’y and him where welcoming her in their den. Nor just how stubborn she was in wanting help. But Sage’s phrase brought him back to the original purpose of this meeting.

“Sage is it?” he said with a smile, seemingly remembering her name after all that had been recanted between them. “You are a part of Ichika now, and no matter if I’m from Dahlia and you from Inferni I hold no ill will toward you. Rather I think it my duty to ensure the safe keeping of everyone here, and that includes you. “ he paused a moment to let that sink in. His arms uncrossed as he looked up toward the mountains for a moment, pondering his next phrase carefully.

“It has come to my attention that Inferni labels you a traitor? This worries me, because I’m fearful for your well-being and any future potential squabbles between the two packs. So Sage, what happened to bring you here, is there anything I need to know so I can better judge what preparations if any I’d need to make if they decided to come after you?” As socially awkward as he was at times, he was after all a big softie, and he took the packs security very seriously. Maybe he was overstepping his responsibilities but those things never mattered to him, just that there was an extreme absence in the pack of people who cared to plan for such things if they ever happened.
[html]

SOSU 487

As she breathed out a plume of thick smoke, Saluce edged away and dismounted as he walked towards her in greeting. He conversed pleasantly enough, and she noted that her suspicions of he and the Kozan being mated were true. Dark lips curled into a smile and she burst into a small chuckle at his jest, pleased to be able to make light talk with this man who had so intimidated her before (and even still).

The Lykoi girl nodded quickly to her name as a question, though something made her think he had remembered her after all. Saluce had still not revealed their purpose for this meeting, and Sage was getting more and more curious. It was then that he began to unravel his own questions, and the coyote's large chocolate ears rose high on her head. He was comforting her first, confirming her safety here, but what else was there? When he said the word traitor, her eyes and mouth widened in shock; she hadn't ever thought that Ezekiel would declare her truly banned from Inferni! It hurt to feel that rejection from her own family, people that she thought she could spend her days with. She had quickly learned, though, that they were not the family she had hoped, or even the family she'd been looking for. So Sage supposed she didn't really need to return-- especially now--, and that if she ever needed correspondence she could send a letter. Or maybe Ezekiel would talk to her in person, reason with her if it was just the two of them. Sage's face contorted with concern as she considered each of these possibilities, saddened now that she couldn't even visit grandmother Kaena if she wanted to.

Sage took a shaky breath and a heavy puff from the thinning joint in her small hand. She hadn't anticipated this; what would they think? What would they say? She hoped it wasn't common knowledge, that every Ichikan didn't think her a traitor. But was she? "I... wasn't really...I didn't really know that," she said quickly, her voice small as she looked away from him, clearly becoming upset at the thought. "I only left because of the killing," she chirped, though her voice was honest. "I didn't want any part of it, and I couldn't watch it. It was horrible." Sage did not want to elaborate or go into detail. "They have no reason to... come after me, I don't think," she mumbled, almost hurt as she flicked the half-finished joint to the ground. She didn't think she was being followed or tracked, though she supposed she could never be sure. The tawny Lykoi hadn't really committed a crime, though, had she? For that, they might chase her, but for this... dear Mother she hoped she was safe in Ichika. In the meantime, she would avoid Inferni at all costs, no matter how much it pained her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Icy blue hues, took in the pleasant little thing in front of him. Even if he was mated to X’y it still didn’t mean he couldn’t appreciate the female form, if for but a second. But his words didn’t let him enjoy the pleasant smile on her face, her features dimmed, as the light that clung to her form fizzled out. For once he wished he couldn’t always be the bearer of bad news but it seemed he was destined to be that for now. For him he assumed as he should have that the coyote pack was as it always had been a judgmental and unforgiving lot. But he never really imagined seeing such a depressing look of sadness from one who had been up until recently one of their own. He offered a small comforting smile to the beautiful lady, hoping in some small way it would comfort her.

Some part of him urged him to do something then, his body moved forward, she spoke of death and even his hardened frame knew the toll it did to the soul. Gently he placed a big paw like hand on her shoulder as comfort. Such a creature like her shouldn’t ever know death; death should come gently to them in their old age, not as some act of butchery for them to witness and to take something more important away from their soul. Saluce had lost his innocence to that long ago, he still remembered the day, and he still missed the part of him that had died that day as well.

“Whatever it is they say, doesn’t matter, I only worry about you and the rest of the pack. Anyone who comes and goes close to our borders doesn’t go unnoticed to me, but if you get into trouble, you can always call for me.” In this pack of the peace loving he was an outcast himself, having been tainted by the same devil that touched most of the more violent packs in the area. But he understood that side of him, and that made him all the more dangerous, because when channeled into a purpose no one dare step between him and someone under his protection.

“No one other than X’y or myself are aware that I know of, but I won’t be able to contain the rumors for very long or at all Sage. I just thought I’d try and get to you first so you could prepare yourself mentally.” With that he gave her shoulder a soft squeeze before letting it retreat back to his side.

“X’y and myself will be at your disposal should you need anything Sage.”
[html]

SOSU 460

Sage didn't want to think about her own blood actively seeking to harm her. She shunned the thought, tried to bar it from her mind. But Saluce's words of comfort only bred more brooding beneath tangled chocolate waves. It couldn't be true; why would they come for her? Had she really wronged them so? If only she could speak with Ezekiel again, somehow civilly, but the young Lykoi knew this was unlikely. The Inferni Aquila's current agenda was prejudice and paranoia, something culturally classic to Inferni. To Sage, this was devastating. She had felt, long ago, the resistance to her own ideals inside of Inferni, but she had fought against their closed minds, trying to free them. It had taken the now-Ichikan this long to discover that nothing she did there would make Inferni what it wasn't. She wanted to stay cordial-- she needed to see her grandmother sometimes, and with so many relatives pouring in there, how was it fair to deny her? But from all of the tales, it seemed Ezekiel would make such a thing impossible. She hoped that time would soothe his hurt, and they could speak again.

Saluce's touch on her shoulder came gently, but his hand was large and heavy against her small frame, pulling her out of her clouding thoughts. She shook her head, frowning, sad face turning to look at him with half-lidded ambers. She forced herself to smile, but it was a small, frail one wrought with worry and dismay. Still, she managed her courtesies. "Thank you, Saluce." He was being very civil about all of this, she thought, and for that she was glad. If her cousin had any worse influence on him, she might have been shunned by the large man completely. As it was, the warmth of his hand had left her shoulders colder and wanting of cover. With a sigh that fogged her vision, Sage nodded gravely at his further words. News traveled quickly within packs, that much she knew. She only hoped that this story would not be blown up; it wasn't deserving. Sage wasn't a traitor and she had meant no harm by leaving, how could they believe otherwise? Ashamed, she turned her face away. The red blaze atop her nose and her angular, striking features made it impossible not to associate her with the species. Maybe it was that, and her Lykoi heritage that gave them the ability to convince themselves she was a criminal. Her face contorted with her worrying thoughts. The tawny coyote had known the wolves of Ichika to be understanding, and she hoped that this truth held fast during her time of turmoil. She found herself staring off, idly gnawing on the claw of one finger as she thought deeply.

<style>
</style>
[/html]