Then Came a Thought
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Lazy days often began like this; awakening to a surrounding of warmth with the sound of the morning in one’s ears. When dawn had become the time of her waking, to be welcomed with light instead of the gentle dark of the fleeting night was strange. She did not open her eyes to the morning light, but rather felt it on her muzzle from within the den. Eyes still blind with heavy lids were further covered by the delve of her muzzle into a familiar warmth and her body too about buried itself beneath the heat emanating from her mate’s form. She didn’t want to wake, not when she had had a late night, marking the borders so she could do just as she was doing now; attempting to sleep in. But in the effort to make herself warmer she had unavoidable conjured thought… and with thought came awareness, and followed thusly was the sigh of withdrawal from sleep.

Just a day to sleep in was all she asked for, to literally sleep the day away just once in this (somehow) hectic schedule. Well, if she was going to be awake on her day off, then her mate was going to join her in this suffering. Growling softly, she pulled her head from his bulk and lazily took an ear between her teeth to tug him awake. Had she learned anything about him, it was that he slept like the dead unless roused the right way. She wasn’t too worried about her methods waking the resting Jiryu though, now that the woman had a room for herself dug out by her and Saluce. But for what she had in store to wake him this time, it wouldn’t have surprised her if the male got a little vocal.

Her tugging did nothing but strain her own neck, a waste of energy for how deep her mate was sleeping. She managed to wriggle out from beneath him and drug herself to sit in front of him on folded haunches. Her large maw split wide with a yawn then snapped soundly as she stared down at the sleeping brute. She waited silently, simply basking in the moment for dropping a heavy paw on top of his head. “Saluce, wake up. You’re going to be a father.” Her voice lacked the necessary excitement to make this little act legit, but her voice held the volume to reach his ears and at least stir him awake. “Two boys Saluce.”

ooc: 414 words.

[/html]
Sleep, something the behemoth really enjoyed, to be dead to the world for a predetermined amount of time, to not be bothered, to just be out of it and not bothered by any worries. The man never remembered his dreams, or very often had any vivid ones, but this morning was a break in the normal. Currently his dreams revolved around the lady that had crawled into his arms before falling asleep the night before. Since Nayru’s pregnancy had been on his mind lately he was currently dreaming of X’y pregnant, and other things going along with it.

The tug on his ears didn’t elicit any reaction from the slumbering man, nor did her movements from their soft little pad they called a bed in the den. Only her thumping his head and her loud voice roused him from slumber abruptly. Catching the words she used, his eyes popped open only halfway, sleep still firmly entrenched still, even as her words seemed to resonate in his mind. His body recoiled back a bit, as he wiped the sleep from his eyes. He never was a morning person but she was telling him that she was pregnant with two boys, how did she even know the sex. Oh all it did was confuse him further.

“What?” he said still trying to make sense of her and the dream that still hung to him.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

As expected, her words had brought him into the world of the living with nothing short of a comical scenelet. She watched with an amused, albeit sleepy, grin on her face as her mate tried to make sense of it all. Of course she couldn’t let him ponder on it forever since it was not truth but a harmless fib and she’d rather him not get upset by dashing his hopes. “Oh good, you’re awake,” she smiled while relinquishing her bulked form for one more sleek and defined. “I was beginning to think you had slipped away in the night…” humor had never been her forte but gradually she was learning to augment it to her everyday life as she became more comfortable with those around her, especially her mate who seemed to bring this side out of her.

“Although,” she continued with a tired sigh, not completely awake herself but not too tired to speak. “You should have been up well before me.” As for the reason why, she left to hang in the air for Saluce to recall for himself once he mind was more aware. From her knees she fell to all fours, crawling the short distance to the disoriented male to follow her morning routine. Forgoing her own preparation, she took to her mate instead, taking his muzzle in a gentle hold before he had a chance to complain and brought her tongue to the bridge of his nose. Routine strokes quickly bathed the man’s face ridding him of the night’s sleep to make him better aware of the day and of course, the adoring female he had taken as his own. The very thought of it sent her tail into a frenzy as she whined happily.

Such elation spread to her lips once her tongue retracted and his handsome face was left clean. “I am sorry to wake you like that, but you know how you are,” she tipped her head knowingly, hoping a smile would be enough to defuse whatever irritation he might have for her because of her trick. “You have a lesson to instruct, don’t you Shepard Saluce?” she inquired addressing him as she would for her mentor, as well as how she was addressed. “You shouldn’t keep your student waiting.”

ooc: 379 words.

[/html]
He couldn’t piece any of it together as the fog remained around his brain. Yesterday had taken a lot out of him, training and then his duties and then X’y later that night in his old den. He dared not seduce her with Nayru so nearby. He placed a paw over his eyes even as she shoed it away to shower his face, part affection, part of her daily routine of making sure he was presentable. Sometimes he wondered why he even suffered her, but he loved it none the less. He huffed as his patience started to wear thin, figuring out her rouse and deciding she wouldn’t give up on making him wake up.

“Ugh, you are making me an old man X’y,” plus he didn’t care for being called shepherd either. Mentor maybe, or teacher but shepherd didn’t care for it, but as with all things he let it go. Mornings weren’t his thing, and even her sweet nature did little to help ease him when woken up in such a way.

Finally he got up on all fours stretching his legs out in front of him and yawning loudly before surging forward to return her kisses. Tongue stretching out to lick across her face with affection. They had been sleeping together long enough know that she should know how he generally was in the morning, not much for talking. But he didn’t want to leave the den so quickly, his form started its normal shift to his bipedal form, slowly but as soon as his arms had the ability to seek out and grasp he did so, grabbing his lady and pulling her frame back to him in an embrace with a devious smirk as the rest of his change finished.

“What you think you could just tell me you were carrying my children and get away with it?”
[html]

Of course he wouldn’t let her escape so easily not without returning her favor with adoring licks of his own. There was no sense in fighting against the onslaught, not when she enjoyed the sweet torture just as much as he enjoyed dealing it. But it was haphazard and messy, more blind revenge than cleaning. In vain she tried to push off the brute and spare her face from further wetness but he wouldn’t budge the slightest until ‘he’ wanted to get off and wake himself.

“I won’t make you old,” she contested as she was pulled into his embrace, her face adorned with a loving smile. “But I will certainly do what I can to keep you alive and well… and not late for your lessons.” He was stalling and she knew it as well as she knew the meaning behind that devilish smirk on his face. Freeing an arm she placed her palm over his muzzle hoping to stall yet another assault on her face… or elsewhere.

“Well I thought you liked a joke now and again,” she parried with innocence wrought on her face. “And besides… you should be worried the day I stop making jokes like that. You’ll have your paws full wont you?” As if he wasn’t occupied with their student already, the thought of tending to pups should have made him worry once the initial bask of excitement wore off. But thinking of Frodo quirked a skeptical brow and more of a look of warning contorted her muzzle. She had seen the boy after their so-called lessons; often strained beyond his body’s previous limits and always in need of a wound to be looked over. But she supposed if it was something that concerned the boy she would have heard about it. Never the less, it was starting to bother her. “I hope when that happens you wont train them like you do Frodo. Honestly…I’m starting to wonder if you’re actually enjoying it…”

ooc: 330 words.

[/html]
He licked along her neck nuzzling into her fur, content to just enjoy this little moment with her. Frodo had been given the day off, rest was his lesson today and Saluce didn’t expect to see him out today, considering the workout he had been doing the past few days. So he just chuckled into her neck even as she attempted to keep his attentions from reaching her precious face. He whined a bit at her reluctance to be kissed, tail wagging happily behind him.

“I gave him the day off, boy needs the rest” he said simply enough. He didn’t quite feel like discussing his tactics with training him but with woman it never was a simple matter, the fact she brought it up to him meant she wanted to pry more into it. He gave her a knowing look, since she had never seen him in such a mental state, as well she had never been trained by him, which was something he hoped he would never have to do.

“So what is it your saying X’y?” he asked politely, prying her for more information. His arms wrapping tighter around his lovely lady.
[html]

A day off. No wonder he was in such a relaxed mood and blatantly ignoring her attempts to have him greet the day. It would have been better had she known that night before there was no need to get him up, but then the events of the previous night were a heated, passion induced blur and it was doubtful anything would have been recalled other than euphoria. But since this was the case, she lowered her hand from his muzzle and about threw herself into his chest, encircling her arms around him and bring herself closer into this warmth. Perhaps then they could get back to sleep and continue on with this lazy day they had already begun.

But she was cursed with a probing mind that would not left her rest without reprieve. His question still hung in the air, reverberating in her ears until she could recall the reason for stating her observation in the first place. Keeping her muzzle low and buried within his chest she mumbled, “I feel you are being rather hard on the boy,” she admitted without an iota of hesitation. “He comes to me in cuts and bruises and yet he does not complain. I’m beginning to wonder how you teach him, exactly. Are you punishing his weakness, or truly helping him?”

It was the first time regret was laden in her words, not often an emotion she liked to stress. But it was difficult when she was responsible for initiating the start of all this and in her eyes it looked as though he was silently suffering whatever training was being induced. She hoped above all else she was just reading into the situation and it was not as it stood before her, but she couldn’t deny her worry or suppress it when such a vulnerable life was brought into question.

ooc: 310 words.

[/html]
And finally her objections where voiced. He didn’t recoil and leave her then, although he didn’t quite like his methods being questioned as they were. But she at least didn’t interrupt him while he was training him. Truth was, he had to break the boy down and then begin to build him back up both physically and mentally. This Frodo had suffered no physical training, his frame totally worthless in its present form for anything other than a flashy show of skill with no strength to endure or overpower.

His strong arms slowly unraveled her from his form so he could gaze at her eyes, hands resting along her sides. He gave her a lick across her maw before answering her question.

“The boy, his frame needs work, his mind needs training. Right now he doesn’t know how to push himself without me instructing him to do so.” He paused a moment before continuing “It’s not that I’m punishing him for his weaknesses, I’m exposing them, so when his training is over and he see’s what he’s truly capable of, he won’t need me to push him anymore. He has to see for himself what he’s capable of, I just have to push him past his own mental limits until I find out how far he can go. This is why he has the day off, I pushed him hard and as much as he needs the training his body isn’t used to such endurance. So rest for today, let his muscles ache, let him feel worse tomorrow.” He chuckled “I have to push him to the breaking point, because once he’s confident he won’t need me to push him to train and develop his body.”

He kissed her again then spoke “This is one reason I have been against training you, because I wouldn’t want to hurt you”
[html]

Questioning another mentor’s methods could be looked upon as a high taboo, but with some confidence, the she-wolf felt she wasn’t committing an insult to her mate. He knew her well enough that it was not in her nature to usher insult on another at least intentionally. The curious mind was what has set her apart from the Nomads and encouraged her seek to understand all she could. This was but another, crucial instance of this. To have a look into the mind of the man she held dear and understand what drove his methods.

As he explained his training, X’yrin had no qualm in listening. There was no mentor’s pride that kept her ears muted to his difference in style. She might not have approved of his methods, but they were his own and their student hadn’t come to her weeping of his cruelty. It worked for the both of them it seemed, and she could offer no argument against that. Truly it wasn’t her place to interfere, but still she worried. None the less she sighed softly in relief, returning his kiss with a gentle lick to his cheek before again slipping down into his warmth.

A humorous grin touched her lips when he spoke of not training her –not that she needed the extra practice in her mind- and tilted her muzzle upward to poke beneath his jaw. “Really? Is that the reason?” she inquired coyly, her tail sweeping against his leg in slow, taunting sways. “And all this time I thought it was because you were protecting your ego as a male.” She feigned a sigh of defeat and if her hopes had actually been dashed by this confession. “Obviously I was mistaken.” Delicately she kissed his jaw before resting her head against his broad chest. His worry for her safety was admirable if not touching, but the woman was certainly more than capable of enduring whatever punishment he had dealt out onto the child. She did not address herself as a warrior out of vanity or fame for the title, but as a fact. There may not have been many scars to show for it, and the few that were laden beneath her coat were not from battle but of training, yet her skill could speak for her. Just as her mate’s spoke for, and suited him.

ooc: 392 words.

[/html]
Then her jab at his malehood came and he let it wash over him just as quickly as she prodded at him. It had never really been about him thinking her not able to take the punishment, but more of a weakness within him. He couldn’t quite bring himself to even think of such things when it came to his X’y. While he had no doubt she was a capable warrior she was his mate. He gave her a soft sigh in response.

“Oh it’s not that I don’t think you’re a capable warrior, just think it would be bad for one of us to train the other in a mentor, pupil relationship. Since after all we are supposed to be equals in this relationship.” That was as best as he could explain it, he was simply scared that if he trained her their relationship would sour because of it. Not because he didn’t think she could handle it but because he had seen how such training had turned him into more of a father figure instead of friend and or mate. His arms squeezed her tighter to him, finding their intimate den fitting for the two of them to relax and be what they really are, love birds.

Her gentle affections where enough to melt the prideful man anyways, she had infected him so thoroughly already that whatever she wanted she would probably get. He kissed her, as wolfishly as he always did, making sure not to upset her by licking her with too much moisture.
[html]

Despite her playful prodding at him, she knew he was right. Changing their dynamic with one overseeing the other was bound to have damaging consequences. Even now with her technical standing as being above her mate in rank, she never brought attention to it even in the public eye. In her eyes they were equal as he professed and drawing attention to anything other would have just crippled the foundation they built upon. The last thing either of them wanted was for something like that to happen. So she dismissed the jest, however playful, and sighed softly burying deeper into his warmth.

“You are right…” she lifted her muzzle to his kisses while freeing a hand to grab his ear. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t use you for practice.” They may have agreed no teaching the other was allowed, but that said nothing about sparring. Her urge for combat had never truly subsided, simply laid dormant until it was called forth. And within a peaceful pack like Ichika, there was little reason for her feel that adrenaline at all. But that was not to say she was content with that.

“I have wanted to see you use your weapon…” She released his ear and wove her claws into his mane, smiling mischievously as her thoughts favored the notion of a little spar between spouses. “And I do miss seeing you in your armor…”

ooc: 000 words.

[/html]
His arms played along the fur of her back, claws teasing the skin beneath. Oh a little play between the two of them sounded like fun. Especially since their playtime always seemed to end with pleasurable acts between the two. Her teasing remarks only help to increase his already enthusiastic morning problem. But he ignored it for the moment, cocking his head to the side for the moment to contemplate what she was saying.

“Oh I believe you’ve seen me using my weapon plenty of times.” He said with a chuckle of laughter before kissing her across her maw with a soft lick. Saluce knew of what she was referring to, but it was still fun to consider and play with her. Oh he’d spar with her, and hopefully it would be enjoyable. He still hadn’t really sparred with her, unless their first meeting counted. For someone he knew was a warrior she was extremely submissive to him especially when he had forced the subject the last time. Saluce couldn’t help it, he didn’t like being mean to her, but she tested him, which in some respects made him love her more, kept him in check so to speak. While she may seem the doting and submissive mate he knew without a doubt she would put him in his place if he did something wrong.

“But yes, we shall have to start sparing together. I haven’t had a sparring partner in a long time. ”
[html]

She could tell by his tone he was toying with her, taking her genuine interest and giving it a provocative air. Playfully, she swatted his shoulder while managing to wiggle out of his hold. She brought a hand to her maw from his wet kiss, and feigned a growl of disgust given away by the mirth in her shimmering orbs. “Well then,” she growled softly in taunt, slipping from his arms to stand on hands and knees as she prowled toward the mouth of the den, beckoning with flashing sweeps of her tail to follow. “No time like the present for a little match.”

She kept her form as it was, crawling out of the den and into the open air to wait for him. She needed no weapon or armor for this little bout of theirs. Just a calm mind and of course wit… and perhaps the element of surprise.

ooc: 000 words.

[/html]