mmm, nuts (time warp)
[html]

He took big, determined steps, yet his large paws always seemed to be in the way. He was set on collecting a pile of acorns for him and Aiden to share, but whenever he started to get a decent pile going, he would trip and send the nuts rolling in all different directions. Poor Pilot, he just couldn’t figure out what he was going to do. He plopped his behind on the ground and glanced at the trees surrounding him. His brother would store his acorns in a hole in the tree so that he couldn’t loose them. What a great idea!

The pup picked up a few of the nuts in his teeth and wandered to the nearest trunk. Too bad there weren’t any holes! Now he was really in a fix. He dropped the acorns to the ground, letting them fall in a gleaming wet heap on the soft grass. Aiden would have thought of a way to solve this problem if he were here. But what was Pilot supposed to do?

[/html]
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ It had been nearly a month since his father had taken him. Since then, Ahren had realized one ultimate truth: something had changed. Whether that was for the worse or the better he did not know. It would be several years before he truly understood that. Damian was gone, as was usual, and the blonde was trotting along, alone. Tobias was nowhere to be found, which meant his mother had probably taken the children out. Oh well. He was going to find an adventure one way or another.
_____ Sure enough, he did. An alabaster pup with no pack scent on him was carrying acorns around. Ahren watched him for a few minutes, then advanced. “What are you doing?” Brash, confrontational—Ahren took after his father all too well.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]
[html]

He frowned, his brow twisting in defeat. Aiden always seemed to be able to do things that Pilot just couldn’t do. It was so unfair. Aiden got to sleep in trees with the rest of the family, but Pilot had to make a bed out of brush every night and sleep below everyone on the forest floor. Aiden got to learn the art of body piercing, which Pilot was too young and incapable of. It was just not fair. Pilot loved his family, but he didn’t understand why he was treated so differently. He just wanted to prove he could do something as well as Aiden, if not better.

So far he wasn’t succeeding. He turned as a voice permeated the air and he found a stranger peering back at him. Maybe he would be able to help Pilot! But then again, that would mean that Aiden would surpass him once more. His brother always did things by himself. "Getting’ nuts," he grinned with a big cheesy smile that caused his eyes to squint closed. "What are you?" He asked, titling his head to the side and studying the wolf with his silver eyes.

[/html]
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ His eyes, which were still bright and near blood-red, narrowed in confusion. Was this kid crazy? Ahren had met a lot of crazy people (his parents included) and was filing this young man under that label. Of course, he was fearless, so even if the pale stranger had been any threat, he would not have been concerned. So he advanced, crossing the personal border-line and imposing himself on the boy, sticking his head out to sniff at the stranger.
_____ With a snort, as if unsatisfied, the blonde settled back and sat, frowning. “Are you stupid or something?”

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]
[html]

The grin twisted into a hurt frown, slathered with a coat of sour as the youngster recoiled from this stranger’s remark. "I ain’t stupid," he responded, though it was mostly directed towards himself as some sort of reassurance. He was just curious. He didn’t see why this guy had to be so mean to him. He was just minding his own business. Besides, Pilot was just trying to be nice.

"I’ve just never seen one of you before, that’s all." The stranger’s red gaze made Pilot feel uneasy – vulnerable. It was the knock to his self confidence that made him feel inferior to Ahren. He tried to retaliate, "You’re weird looking," but failed in causing any damage.

[/html]