Affilation Kinetic
[html]
Let me know if aaaaaanything needs changing!

She walked with a majestic poise as though draped in the finest of black fur coats, although the only fur she wore was her own - though it came to almost the same thing. Her neck was dressed with handmade necklaces and strings of beads, sophisticated against the black glossy fur with her sling dangling innocently amongst the other pendants and a black velvet scarf was wrapped around her hips: only there to have something to stick a small selection of paintbrushes in, keeping her hands free. Her broad but lengthy calves carried her at a swift pace, swifter than normal, for she had further than normal to go. What it was that inspired the dignity, though, was anyone's guess. Her heart was still bruising from the regret of her mistake in cursing the dark Ravesque, but she simply had not known her own strength at the time, and since then her friends and family had rallied around her, even though nobody had any idea what she'd done. She would make amends as soon as she knew how best. And now, it was just good to be out of the tiny cave where she'd been sheltering from a hailstorm: good to be out in the breezy but less savage Southern air.

She had already forgotten what her original reasons were to make this lengthy journey, but a dignified voice and a scarred face kept swimming into her mind. It was his turn to come to her, for a bipedal lesson; but she admitted it wasn't really fair, considering he detested the two-legged culture and she had been thrilled by her lupus experience. If he was willing, though, she would have him using the paintbrushes she carried.

Her purposeless feet striding with a strange determination carried on going, leading her in the rough direction of Cour des Miracles, taking in the state of the forest and clearings on her way: the paths and tracks of the herbivores struggling with the icy weather. She herself had never gone hungry. Nor had she approached his pack from this side, the east, nor did she know if the one she sought would even still be there. So it was no wonder her route curved and detoured: winding up within view of the ocean - although still travelling west - now walking alongside an old human highway. It cut through the thin plains, cracked in many places and lined with coastal-bare stones but with a good wide strip of grass verge, the sea a line of cold grey on the horizon.

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue likes pie

s'all fine. >Big Grin

Frodo had crossed this beach many times, crossed over it’s rocks on his travels. He’d only stopped here, however, once. He remembered the last time he’d been here - a little wolf named Chione had organized lunch for him and they’d traded goods. His original purpose to go there was to relax and think things through, and have a nice day out. Today he came for different reasons altogether. It was not relaxation he sought, not solitude, but he needed a nice open space to train Rohan. He’d lunged her many times over the past couple of days and even rode her yesterday- she was calm with someone on her back and it seemed she had probably been rode before he’d taken ownership of her. Still, the bay needed a lot of work before she went on to her new owner. He could not keep her- Strider was enough for him, but planned to give her on to someone who deserved her. God knew AniWaya wouldn’t miss having a horse gone from its cramped and smelly stables. There were few animal carers in the pack, and too much livestock, it was more than they could handle at this moment in time.

Seeing as he didn’t trust Rohan to take him on her back for very long distances at this moment in time, it was Strider he rode now. The white stallion was beyond frisky in the company of the mare but that could not be helped- at least she was not in season. Frodo rode Strider bareback, with Rohan tied on behind; however Rohan had a saddle and bridle on, so she could get used to the weight and to the feeling of it on her back and head. Plus, the way he taught her included teaching her tacked up riding before learning bareback. The mare was actually taller than Strider, standing at a hefty 17 hands she was quite a beauty. The thoroughbred pranced along behind while Frodo rode his horse along the beach- occasionally they’d spur into trot and sometimes even canter, but for the most part it was a lazy walk. It was when they were walking somewhere between the highway and somewhere between the sea when the curly furred male spotted someone up ahead. Though he could not make the form out properly, he somehow recognized the scent.

Desperately, the man racked his brains for some - any - kind of connection with the thoughts in his head. Naniko… it smelt of her. Could it be? She was far from the pack she ran in Anathema. There was only one way to find out. Soora, Strider. Ela amin, Rohan. he cried out, urging into a canter. He did not yet trust Rohan at a gallop but the canter was hasty all the same. The horses cried out for their wild sides when on an open beach such as the one they were visiting now. Blind to the fact it was not Naniko but her daughter they approached now, he rode until he could see it was a black form and not a white. Still curious though, he rode up to the woman. Yes, she definitely smelt of Naniko. Looking down from his steed he grinned at her wolfishly. Wowee, boys and girls! You be deceivin’ me to be someone else, my girl. he smiled, leaping from his horse gracefully. He was sort of angry to see he was quite shorter than the tall woman but it didn’t change his expression any. You’re smellin’ right like Naniko D’Angelo, you are. What’re you, then, my wise orientar? Her sister, daughter? Lover? Chimney sweep? Personal detective? Assassin? he held out a hand good naturedly, gesturing for her to shake. In his opinion, everyone was a friend until proved otherwise. I’m Frodo Silvertongue. he said simply, pulling his soft cloak around narrow shoulders after she’d either refused or accepted to shake his hand. Jayzus, aint it freezin’ round ‘ere? Wish I had a coat instead a’ this ol’ blankie. Mind you, ‘tis a useful thing, this. Not half.

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#E5CDB6;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The ground trembled like a minor earthquake, but Caprica knew hoofbeats when she heard them. Turning from side to side, she eventually spotted the approaching triad. She'd met a horse before, a hulking beast she'd ridden with his master. She'd thrown up after that, but it hadn't been the horse's fault, just some suspicious water she'd drunk. There were horses in Anathema somewhere too, but regrettably she hadn't yet made it into that particular cavern. These were very different to Saul's steed. They were light on their hooves, with relatively chiseled faces, and whipping manes and tails. One was riderless, and the other carried a male of varying but mainly dark hues. They were heading for her it seemed, an assumption proven when they pulled up and the wolf leaped down, to Caprica's appreciative flashing-toothed grin. "Quite a show," she commented. They had looked impressive, running together, and they had moved faster than she would have expected. Both wore the funny-looking harnesses that seemed to be designed for riding. "But you've lost your friend! - the brown one's rider," she couldn't help point out, wondering if they had fallen or been abandoned, not understanding the way to train a horse was to give it time to get used to new things. The male had mentioned her mother then, and Caprica's green eyes lit up. So he was a friend - more than that, he was an ally, if he knew her mother. That was about all the sense she could make from his comment, having especial trouble with the word 'orientar'. She felt more and more uneducated by the day - everybody she met seemed to know words she did not. "I'm her wise orientar, of course," she answered drily as she shook his hand, hoping this joke would cause him to explain. "It's nice to meet you Frodo. How'd you know my mother?" Unwittingly, of course, she'd revealed herself immediately. "I ain't cold. Betcha those horses are warm enough after their run. You could try carrying them instead for a while - you'd soon be sweating!"

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue likes pie

TROLOLOLLOL

It had been quite a show indeed, though nothing different to what he was used to. Frodo lived for riding, and hunting. With a carefully placed smirk he patted both Strider and Rohan before listening to what the lady said next. It made him frankly snort with laughter inside, however he put on quite a show for her in reality. Oh, wha- REALLY?! he cried out in mock disbelief, turning to look behind him with an exaggerated, long look at Rohan. Oh no! he cried again, going to put on a big display of checking under and beneath Rohan - even checking inside her ears. Then he turned back to Caprica and said to her; Must 'ave fallen off when that silly ol' lion was chasin' us. Oh well. Dead now. Cat musta got the cream. Kaboom. Zilch. Hooty hoo. he concluded finally, with a simple shrug of his shoulders. His expression had been completely serious and deadly convince-able all the way through the act. And then finally he couldn't help himself. Frodo let loose a series of harsh, unpredicted laughter.

After a while of the familiar, infectious chuckles he was rarely immune to, Frodo steadied himself, eyes watering. In a more civilized manner he managed to explain- There weren't no rider to begin with, roadie. I jus' tied her behin' so I could excersise 'em both at t'same time, go figure, you follow? She only tacked up so I can ride her laters... she aint ready for no bareback. What a Charlie bucket and a half, eh jeeves? he exclaimed, waggling his hips a little bit too excitable for his own good. Their banter turned to the subject of who she was and how she smelt of Naniko then, and though her mild spurt of humour caused him to half-smirk-half-grin, he was soon looking sort of sad, despite not wanting to. To hear what he had strongly suspected to begin with, that she was Naniko's daughter, set him on edge slightly. It meant to him that Naniko had a mate, if she had children. Still though, he replied with as much vigour as before. Met 'er once, on me travels. Nice girl is your mother. it was common for him to refer to basically all females as girls, despite how mature they might be. Really nice lookin', too. he added - and then immediately thought better of it. I mean, she's uh.. strong an' that. he flushed a sort of pink colour. We ran into two bears, saved each other. 'twas fun indeed. Almos' as fun as laser quasar on ice skates! he smiled sheepishly, thinking proudly he had managed to sway the conversation from the fact that he had any sort of mild crush on her mother. Her next comment sent him smirking once more, childishly he wagged his tail like an eager pup. JAYZUS, woman! 'Ave you seen how fat these two are, compared to me? Right fatty's are they, they'd squish me in a thrice! I wouldn't even be able to carry 'em to Timbuktu and back! I'm a right tiddler, am I. The luperci sit on the horse, jus' you remember that, squire! he nodded wisely, and then an idea formed in his mind. Hey...speakin' of, you don't ride, do you? Only it'd be much easier if you excersised Rohan while I rode Strider.. I mean, if you're willin' an' that. She's dead calm she is, nice bounty bred for the heavens. Come's bearin' gifts from afar, I dare say.

<style>
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#27180A; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#8F7154; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#352516; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She watched his pantomime with great scepticism but even greater amusement, an incredulous lip lifting slightly at the word 'lion' and then spreading into another smile at his laughter. She could take a guy who could laugh any day. So long as he wasn't laughing in her direction overmuch. She preferred his explanation this time. She could figure 'tacked up' meant having the leather equipment on, and bareback was self-explanatory. Who Charlie and Jeeves were, Caprica didn't particularly care. She was getting accustomed to his manner, and enjoyed his one-of-a-kind antics, probably a little too much for someone who's mother was now being called nice looking, strong and fun. Another charming male to number among Naniko's admirers, Caprica mused: hopefully this trait would rub off on her someday. "Well Mister Silvertongue, any friend of mom's is a friend of mine, bears or no bears," she said, although she was in fact pretty impressed by his tale: it sounded like he'd earned his stripes well enough. And she doubted even she and her mother together could pick up a horse, especially while it was alive, and who would want to try anyway? She hadn't been serious, and rolled her eyes at his deliberations. She regretted the attitude when he offered her the chance to try the brown horse out, but her excitement at the idea was tinged by her certain knowledge that "I honestly would love to do that, but I only ever rode once before and that was with someone else... and I was holding onto him... real tight." She was hesitant, but moved yearningly towards Rohan. How she would love to travel around on horseback, in style and at speed. She realised suddenly she'd wanted to do just that ever since she'd met Saul by the sulfuric springs.

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

The man rocked back on his heels and let out an amused grin, reaching to pat the lady on the shoulder as she declared he was a friend of his for the fact her mother and he were. The eye roll went unnoticed for the most part, and of course he had been joking too, about the carrying horse thing - or had he? It was hard to tell with Frodo. Sometimes he just went a little too far in his over-the-top meanderings and joyous declarations of eagerness and humour. Over the top he was, but unintelligible he was not, however.

It was a surprise to him that she did not know of riding, simply because she was tall and muscled, and looked built for the sport. At first he had thought her comment to be a refusal of his offer, but then he saw her reluctant gaze, the way she moved closer to the bay mare with longing in her eyes. Frodo smiled softly, watching the act with hesitant amusement. Don‘t ya know that the tighter yer hold a horse, the faster it goes, skipper? he asked with a slight smirk and chuckle. Hmm. Quite a problemo, now, tha’ is. But anywho, here’s a soloution to tha’ problemo, miss…. he left the blank for her to fill in with her name, which he realised that he didn’t yet know of. I’ll teach ya. She’s only in training, she is, but the best way to train a horse is when the rider is also trainin’, too. Gentle horse she is, easy goin’ an’ all that, don’t be worried now. he said, knowing that a riders greatest fault when learning to take to their steeds was their own fear of falling, or failing. Plus. he added, looking her up and down. You’re built for ridin’. with that he held out a palm to Strider to stop the bare stallion from moving, and then moved across to Rohan, untying her from Strider, and sorting out the bridle, reins, and saddle.

The bay mare was, as described, calm. She did nothing and made little sound as Frodo messed with her tack appropriately. When he was sure she was ready, he led her over to Caprica. He had got straight to work with getting the horse ready without even paying attention to what Caprica had to say about the matter- frankly, if you wanted to learn to ride, quite often you were hesitant about it until someone gave you a little nudge in the right direction. He was on Rohan’s right while he gestured to the left side. Always mount a horse from the left. Grab the reins with your left paw. Put your left foot in the left stirrup, and push up with tha' foot. Also push up with your right hand, on the saddle. Swing the whole of the weight of your right side over the horse. he said, always direct and straight to the point. While keeping Rohan still he held the right stirrup down so the saddle would not fall to one side when Caprica mounted. Do it now. he commanded.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Although the smile on his jovial face was charming enough to draw her eye in the usual way of things, Caprica was still looking at the horse - at her long face and her soulful eyes, her raven-wing forelock and muscular shoulders. This was a very beautiful creature, and tall like herself. Frodo did draw her attention when he cut in after her small explanation and she shook her head at him chidingly. "Nooo, I didn't even touch the... tack or hold onto anything other than the fine gentleman who was giving me the lift... it was him I squeezed, poor guy," she explained with a chuckle to match Frodo's. But she'd forgotten her manners. "Oh! Oh! Yeah, it's Caprica. D'Angelo. Sorry honey, I'm kinda distracted these days," she blustered, feeling feeble. All in all, it was a good job he seemed most prepared to take charge of her. He was going to teach her, and everything. The youthful D'Angelo's eyebrows disappeared into her hair. "I've sure made a good impression somehow! That's a very generous offer," she spoke in awed tones. She was going to get started on the equestrian road. Then he said she was built for it, too, and Caprica swiped at him with a forepaw. "Shush, you charming Silvertongued devil, you better not mean because I look slow on my feet, now," she teased. How did he mean, really, though? She was tall and muscled and bulky - surely that made things harder on the horse, excepting that this one was such a towering steed itself, it probably wouldn't matter. The thought flew out of her head in instants though, replaced by intent staring at the intricate leather contraptions covering the animal that Frodo was rearranging. Caprica thought she wouldn't be able to make head nor tail of it but after a moment she started fitting the pieces together logically in her mind. All that crafting practice paying off, she thought.

He told her the first of what she thought would probably be many horse related rules - mount from the left. Caprica moved to the nearside flank, facing Frodo over the horse's withers with a look of mystified expectation. The orders came, and she followed as best she could, never taking her eyes off Frodo's authoritative facade. The word 'stirrup' was new to her, but it had to mean the metal things that his feet had been tucked into before. She hitched the scarf higher around her hips and lifted her knee obligingly. Of course, she knew what was coming. She just had to climb up. Do it now. She hopped her right leg, shoved with her left and - her left toe accidentally digging a little into Rohan's side, making the mare twitch - Caprica hoisted herself into the air and onto the saddle with a heavy thump. She would have to get more co-ordinated, but she was up.

There was no Saul in front of her now, absolutely nothing to grasp and steady herself with. The woman wobbled in her slick leather seat, only one foot in a stirrup, arms half-lifted for balance. "Whoaa," she breathed. "Okay Frodo Silvertongue, you wanna tell me what the hell I'm meant to hold onto?"

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

At her comment that it had been someone with her on the horse that she'd squeezed, Frodo raised his eyebrows and looked a little taken aback, flushing just a little bit pink. Well I uh...don't you be getting ideas! he cried out, Ent nobody gonna be squeezing me! he grinned then, combined with a sly wink, to show it was all in good nature. In fact, like a regular guy he'd most probably enjoy the contact, but it was awkward to admit the truth all the same. He just nodded at her name; surname was expected but the Caprica was a nice touch, it set her figure well and suited her, just like everyone's name seemed to.

Frodo only returned her laugh when she mentioned her being slow on her feet. No, no! he chuckled, eyes watering a little. He scratched the back of his head and then looked her up and down with a slow smile, the short young man dashing in his approval for her form. You're strong, that you are. Takes some turtle shells to ride a horse, mark my words. All the slip-slidin' and under-the-neaths of the workin's of a horsey takes a strong body an' a strong mind. Either tha', or the horse makes yer strong. he slipped her another wink, and from there on watched with delight as she clumsily mounted Rohan, his eyes never leaving her for fear she would make a mistake, but also to steady her own mind. He was here, and no harm would come to her.

The young man gave a sure smile, and put a hand on the horse's shoulder when the weight was thrust upon Rohan's back. He started laughing at her holding on comment and simply unwound the reins, and placed them firmly in both of her palms. Hold 'em surely, but not too tight. They're to give you confidence, and dominance over the horse, but the real thing you hold on with is your legs. he checked her girth, and stirrup length, and then stood back, watching her for a while. Try and find your balance. We don't have to move just yet. he grinned, and then he leapt astride Strider, who was rearing to go. The man walked Strider to Rohan's ride and then looked at Caprica with a sure smile. When you're ready, squeeze her gently with your calf's. Pull your right hand away from you gently to steer right, and do the same with your left to steer left. To halt, pull both hands towards your chest. his eyes blazed and he walked infront of Rohan on Strider. See if you can follow me, holler if you get left behind. And don't get too close to Strider; leave a horse's distance apart from him. To slow the horse, do little half-halts. Get it? Got it? Good. he didn't wait for an answer. It was best to bring her into it straight away. Simply, he squeezed Strider on, and they walked in a straight line ahead. Frodo didn't look behind him for the moment. Not just yet.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 554

Taking the reins, Caprica blinked concernedly down at her hands. So she couldn't hold on or steady herself with anything - it was all in the balance and leg muscles. She'd had a feeling this would be harder than it looked, and it certainly was proving that so far. She shot a resentful scowl at Frodo as he leaped onto the other horse and walked it over to her as if it was nothing, but when his smile met her sulky eyes the jealousy vanished because here she was riding and he was going to teach her to do it, if not as well as he did, then at least enough to get around with. The instructions were suddenly numerous, but seemed easy enough to remember. Except that if she was meant to hold on with her legs and squeezing them meant go - well, Caprica could see problems arising there, but she held her tongue for now. When he told her to leave some distance, she had to bite her tongue for another reason - to stop herself asking if it was because he didn't want her within squeezing distance. He'd reacted quite dramatically to that comment, and she was not above re-using it later to make him squirm again. With this happy idea in mind, she found herself feeling rather confident in her ability to make Rohan follow the other horse. The way to do it had temporarily swum from her mind, but then just as he was getting more like one-and-a-half horse away, she remembered - it was squeezing yet again, wasn't it. Oh, she did like this horse-riding business.

She tightened her lower legs and was rewarded by a jerk of movement from the horse, which had her tilting forward in the saddle for a moment and again wishing for a nice strong back to lean against. But the motion was not fast, and in seconds she had herself upright again and pretty much centred gravitationally. The horse seemed to sway her from side to side a little as she walked, but it wasn't too hard to remain aboard and thankfully the horse seemed to be obligingly going in a straight line without needing to be told. That little extra distance between the two horses was still there, though, and Rohan was really only ambling; she wasn't going to make up the distance like this. On the spur of the moment, Caprica gave her another rather hard squeeze to see if she could garner a faster walk and to her shock saw the bay's head lift in an outraged sort of way before she gave a few steps of trot. It was the most jolting sort of feeling imaginable, thought Caprica as she tried not to be thrown one way or another, but it was so bumpy she was sure she would lose both her stirrups any moment - until to her relief after just a couple of strides Rohan slowed again to a walk, although she was a lot closer to the horse in front than Frodo's instructions had indicated was wise. Caprica cleared her throat, breathless from her jouncing experience. "Uh... Frodo?" she said, guilt lacing her smooth tones. "What's a half-halt?"

[/html]
[html]
Frodo Silvertongue

word count; 624

His perked ears were rewarded with the sound of hoof beats coming from behind. He grinned widely and ambled on, his hips swaying in time to Strider's paces. The best thing for Caprica now would be for her to gain her balance. The rider must gain the balance themselves, learn how to get comfortable with the horse, and only then were they allowed to move forwards. The only thing Frodo was strict about forcing others - and himself - into was getting back on a horse when you had fallen. But when it came to pushing yourself onto another level, it all came down to independence.

The curly furred male shot a look of summing-up over his shoulder. He was met with Caprica looking as if she was very unused to being transported by a horse. Only to be expected. However, she looked comfortable enough in the saddle. Keep them heels down, shoulder's back, and sit up dead straight. he commanded. Paws low, as if you're carryin' cups'a tea. Wrap three centre fingers 'round the reins, little fingers up, and thumbs horizontal. it would seem like a lot at first, lots to take in, but she'd get that hang of it. Everyone did eventually. It was mainly about getting your own perspective on riding, getting your own feel for it. There wasn't a specific way you had to ride, but merely tips that could be handed out.

While watching her, to see if she understood, suddenly it seemed she squeezed Rohan once more and jolted straight into trot. Because Rohan was in "follow" mode, and realised Strider wasn't trotting either, of course the bay stopped after a few strides and slowed down once more. But Caprica looked shaken. Frodo merely chuckled and shook his head, lacing fingers in his hair while the other hand kept a firm hold on Strider's mane. If, to halt, you pull the reins back an' lean backwards, what do you think a half-halt would be? It's basically leaning back half as much, pulling the reins back a little but not a lot. the young man offered a smile and then turned back to look straight ahead again. To his dismay, he saw a hill approaching up ahead. When goin' up, lean forwards! he shouted across the wind. When goin' down, lean back! and with that, they slowly made a climb up the small hill. Once they had gone down again, Frodo smiled to himself and hoped Caprica was all right. And then they carried on walking for quite a while, maybe 20 more minuets before Frodo said a word more.

They were now in a sort of beach-side woody area. Trees were here and there, scattered randomly, but there was a clear path where others had trod along the years. Now! he said, turning back again and offering a reassuring, toothy grin. Gonna try us some trot. You have to find your own balance in trot, basically. But the gist of it is sittin' up and sittin' down again, in time to the horse. Count to yourself evenly...one two...one two... sit up sit down...get it? he demonstrated sitting up, which was basically standing up half-way in the saddle, straightening your knee's, before sitting firmly down again. And then without warning, a squeeze of his calfs were unleashed, and Strider was trotting. Frodo quickly re-adjusted himself so that he was sitting up and sitting down quite easily, and hoped Caprica would follow suit. It wasn't that hard at all, but it was a little frightening for a first time, and a new feeling to say the least. After a minute or so of trot, he slowed down to walk, and then asked Caprica; Well den, how were tha'?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 596

Despite attempting to follow all his instructions, understand his explanations and squash any feelings of nervousness that arose, Caprica began to feel like maybe she could manage this after all. She concentrated hard on her balance and keeping her arms and legs in a quiet and stable position like Frodo's - glad to be following the male, for she could watch his actions and mirror them in her own body, while appreciating the view of such an accomplished rider. He turned, and she was not entirely sure about his grin. Sure, it was encouraging and things did seem to be going well, but there was an enthusiasm for some new and challenging plot or plan in there, she was sure. Her suspicions were confirmed when he announced that they were going to learn to trot. Oh, geez," she mumbled under her breath, then realised she was missing his explanation. It seemed she was going to have to sit up and down, while still holding the reins, holding her posture, and not falling off. Okay. She could do this, she told herself. The trot came almost without warning, as she was still trying to stand up in the stirrups - it was a difficult motion for the strong yet heavily built wolf, having a lot of weight to balance on her heels and through her calves. During the quick jog she made a couple of attempts at rising, but never at the right time and no more than an inch or so into the air: she found herself jarring and jounced from head to toe and her teeth felt like they might rattle out of her skull. She ended up clinging to the pommel, her toes pointing decidedly downwards, knees gripping in a manner entirely wrong and more likely to push her up out of the seat than keep her in it. She glared balefully at the co-ordinated Frodo, trotting along so easily in front of her. If she had been on the ground, she would have liked to watch the pair in their concerted motion. As it was, she found to her horror that while she had become distracted one of her feet had actually started to slip from its stirrup. She looked down at it and tried to kick her paw back into the iron foothold, but to no avail. Slowly and unstoppably the tips of her toes came fully out, and she was left with only one place to sink her weight - now the pretence of rising had utterly fallen by the wayside, and she could only cling grimly onto the leather pommel and try not to slide off to one side. When Frodo slowed to a walk, she quickly reached for the stirrup, but he turned just as she was in a strange position leaning right down and pulling the iron back over her foot. She grinned weakly at him, her face sideways looking at him from around the horse's neck. "Not... not too bad..." she panted. "I uh, uh I think I was about to get the hang of it when I dropped this stirrup." She managed to haul herself back upright and stroked Rohan's uncommunicative neck, not sure if she was driving the horse crazy with her incompetence or not. "How do I say 'sorry' in horse language anyway? I hope she realises I'm a beginner... just need a little more practice," she went on, hoping her words were true - she couldn't carry on being this useless, could she?

[/html]