Horses Abound
Dec 22

Amy had her hands full now. Even with Hadley helping, babysitting the two kits she'd purchased, Amy was busy running around. The horses, tied up in a string behind the wagon, weren't nearly as well behaved as her own broken spirited horse. They wanted to play, and romp with each other, and all kinds of other disorderly things. She wanted to hit them. Then the customers wouldn't pay as much though.

Sighing she clutched her head. Working on her own was a headache. Amy had wanted this, but she'd never expected it would be so difficult filling so many orders out. There was the horse for Leon to go with the cats, and then there were horses for the court pack that she'd passed by if they were interested. Caspa had told her that they used a lot of horses, but Amy didn't know if Caspa had been telling the truth. She could have been lying like she had about other things.

Still, what was done was done. Even if the pack didn't want the horses, she was sure she could find someone else to take them. After all, lots of canines rode horses. The one thing Amy did regret was not picking up any birds. They would have been popular. Then again, she had her hands full with just this. The birds could wait for another trip.
[html]
your soul is my feast
OOC

Leaving Inferni was strange, and Columbine wasn't quite sure he liked it. Regardless, the ashen male left out of pure necessity, acknowledging that he needed to find a trader, somewhere, who might have some of the goods he needed. The hybrid male had noticed that many of the coyotes in the clan rode horses - most of them, to his knowledge - and he was not particularly fond of being behind the times. Even if he wasn't quite the best rider in the entire world, the male had done so a few times in his childhood. Plus, it would be easier to patrol the borders that way, and vastly more intimidating. Columbine liked the idea of being larger than life.

He knew, however, any horse of value would come with a price. He'd spent several days hunting like a mad man, and he was exhausted. But the fruits of his labor paid off; Columbine dragged with him a large buck and a smaller doe, as well as a wide array of rabbits and other small woodland creatures. For a trader looking to not waste his or her time with food, this would be ideal - for Columbine, at least, this would last him a moon. The Inferni man would have cooked it if he had the foresight, but to him the idea of cooked food was just ridiculous. Columbine preferred his raw. Regardless, if the trader insisted, he supposed it could be arranged over a crackling fire if she had an adequate horse.

Luckily, it did not take him long to come across a caravan. No indicator of excitement passed across his face; this was merely a business deal. Raising his forearm, the male shouted Ho! in greeting. He walked tall and erect, not inclined to show any submission to any sort of trader. She was providing him a good- and it was a she, he noticed this now - and therefore he would conduct himself in such a manner as to indicate his dominance.

WC :: +335
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Amy turned as she heard someone shout a greeting. Relieved to have a reason to stop fighting with the horses Amy pulled the wagon to a halt. Reaching over she patted her horse on the nose. Never before had she been so grateful for the obedient beast. Regular horses were so much trouble. She could only hope that she'd get really good supplies in exchange for them. Nothing less would do.

Her eyes narrowed as she spotted the dominant posture. Amy corrected her usually lazy dominance, putting on a much more fierce stance. Those that traveled with her already knew that she demanded respect. The horses stilled, and Hadley retreated into the interior of the wagon. Her body language demanded respect as she eyed the stranger. Who was this man to come in like this? Do you need something?
[html]
your soul is my feast
OOC

The woman appeared awfully insecure about her control over things, as she immediately put on a comically dominant posture. Clearly, she could not be experienced in trade. No decent salesperson would attempt to antagonize a customer in such a way. Columbine had to resist a smirk as he looked at her; she was smaller than he, and slighter. He had no fear of her, and he did not relax his stance, instead locking his umber eyes with her brown ones. Your attitude is despicable, for someone who seeks to sell their wares to customers, Columbine casually remarked. I come here to see what you have to offer, and you react in such a way. His voice was a dangerous drawl, and the male would not hesitate to take his business elsewhere.

Lazily, his eyes slid away from the silly girl and on to the herd of horses near her caravan. They appeared decent, though he would be lying if he said he knew much about them in general. Two caught his eye - one, a flashy chestnut with a decent amount of chrome; the other, an inky black with dark, mysterious eyes. Columbine supposed either one would work, but he didn't want to begin his inspection until the female checked her attitude.

WC :: +211
template by revo. <3

[/html]
OOC: dominant against dominant, and neither willing to back down. what have we done?
IC:
Amy bristled as the male refused to back down. So he had come as a customer, and expected that to give him the right to act superior? Customer or not, Amy demanded respect. She wouldn't deal with people who didn't give her that. My attitude's just fine. I do very well selling my wares without you sticking your nose in it. If you're just going to insult me, leave. He acted like she was in the wrong, yet Amy had been in this business since she was old enough to shift. There was no way she was backing down.

Amy growled as the male's eyes drifted over to the horses. They belong to me. Either check your attitude or get out. Inside the wagon Hadley shook with fear. He would be beaten later if Amy remained angry.
[html]
your soul is my feast
Suppose we should have thought about that little snag. XD

Well, clearly he wouldn't be buying anything today.

This woman was out of her mind. Columbine was utterly unimpressed by her moronic attitude and superiority complex. She had no idea how to conduct trade. Look, bitch,, the Inferni man snarled, stepping closer to the blonde woman. You need to check your attitude before someone checks it for you. Embarrassing, that you would treat a customer this way. Do you know anything of these lands? You have acted like an insolent child in front of the wrong man. Learn how to do your job.

Columbine glanced at the horses again. They were, at further inspection, mangy and unimpressive. Rolling his umber eyes, the man hoisted the goods further up his shoulder and prepared his departure. I see I will be forced to take my business elsewhere, and alert the rest of my clan that there is an unwelcome and... he spared another glance to her cart, remaining wholly unimpressed assure them that our goods be better acquired from someone with experience. The ashen male sneered at her, and turned to exit.

WC :: +177
template by revo. <3

[/html]
Amy didn't flinch as the man snarled. She was better than that. Unlike these barbarians, Amy actually had manners. She would behave. At least until the male snarled that he would spread the news that her goods were low quality and that they should trade with someone else. Eyes narrowed her hand went for the poison darts in her bag. She wouldn't let the idiot get away with this. Her goods were top quality.

Grabbing the dart she chucked it full speed at the male's back. Unlike her throwing knives it wouldn't waver, and would hit the target true every time. She remained silent, watching to see the result. Maybe if the male suffered enough pain she would forgive him. Then again, he had threatened her. Amy didn't do well with being threatened.
[html]
your soul is my feast
I'm going to have Col step out of the way. Be careful with PPing - saying that it hits the target every time is dangerously close to that.

The male had only made it a few paces before the sound of something whistling through the air caught his attention. Years of being constantly on the defensive trained Columbine to react without thinking to potential threads; naturally, he stepped out of the way. Umber eyes darted to his left, and he noticed a small dart fall to the ground, utterly useless. Women, he grumbled to himself. Imbalanced, the lot of them. A dark chuckle fell from his lift as he kicked dirt at the weapon, completely unintimidated. Pathetic, Columbine chuckled. Truly pathetic. Can't take someone telling you the truth about your piss poor attitude? Look, bitch, you're nothing special. I've never heard of you; I wasn't referenced to you because someone said that some blonde cow was selling goods down here. You are nobody in these lands, and I will remind you one more time: check your fucking attitude.

Columbine already knew he would be alerting Ezekiel to the crazy bitch who decided she was worth something and attacked people who gave her nothing but friendly advice on how to actually run a successful business. Hell, the man had never even been a trader before and he knew she was doing it entirely wrong. Do you even want customers? Columbine sneered. Or are you just trying to get your kicks, pretending to be someone important? Let me tell you this now - you're in the land of the big boys now, and you will never matter.

WC :: +236
template by revo. <3

[/html]
OOC: I promised a horse, so I'll have one manage to stray from the pack. It won't be noticeable until Amy's gone though. She doesn't like the horses that much, so she won't bother to track it down. She'll probably just up her prices.

Amy's expression had returned to a blank state as the wolf hurled insults at her. He didn't know what he was talking about. She was quite good with dealing with customers. The problem is that he had removed himself from that category into the rank of a potential threat. He had threatened her business, her livelihood, the very source of the reason for her existence. Without her job as a merchant Amy really was nothing but a demon, an empty void to kill others.

I may not be big now, but despite your petty words, I am growing. Already my name is spreading in the lands. Already deals are being struck. Don't think to lecture me, boy. I know my business. It was true Amy was unused to working on her own after so long with subordinates, but that didn't mean it couldn't be done. Her tactics remained the same: befriend the leaders, place them in her debt, and become the shadow that lead them all. Of course, she wouldn't actually deal with the day to day affairs. That didn't interest her. All she wanted was to be the merchant controlling the trade in the area. That would be enough to satisfy her.

Dismissing the pathetic excuse of a male from her mind she turned back to the wagon. Softly she clicked her tongue, and the horse began pulling the wagon again. Behind her the horses once again started up a racket, rubbing at her nerves as they began to bicker amongst each other away. She didn't notice as a chestnut horse wandered from the group to a cluster of trees. Never again was she going to deal in horses. It was too much of a headache.
[html]
your soul is my feast
OOC

A lazy, self satisfied smirk spread across Columbine's lips. He'd successfully riled this woman up, and perhaps next time she'd remember not to cross the more dominant wolf. Still, her inexcusable breach of common courtesy could not be forgotten; the Lykoi man would make sure no Inferni clan member ever dealt with her. It would be the first order of business as soon as he returned to the North. Think what you wish, woman, but from what I have seen, and what I have not heard, you are of no consequence.

Columbine wanted quietly as the woman packed up her cart and left, run off from her trade site merely by a challenge to her dominance. It brought a cold, wide smile to his lips - for all her fancy words, and for all her stupid little darts, she'd been run off by one man. He thought it a rather inconvenience that there wasn't a horse, until he glanced over to the trees and noticed the chestnut he'd seen earlier. Grinning, the Lykoi man - still with the meat around his shoulders and clasped in his paws - walked over to the casually foraging horse. Not particularly needing the rabbits, the man pulled them off the rope and fastened a noose of sorts to slip around the horse's neck. Shockingly, the horse did not startle, and Columbine assumed it had been handled before.

His muscles were aching at this point from carrying the weight of the two larger animals, but he wanted to get out of here and start making his way home. Let's go, Columbine grumbled to the horse, and he set off for Inferni.

WC :: +276
template by revo. <3

[/html]