I wish I was in your arms (part 1)
Saxif had felt like she had been wandering for many months, some nights she hugged herself and cried with a deep sadness. She didn’t want to be a mother, she knew what needed to be done but as her belly grew larger and the time was clearly near she grew more frightened. Could she do it? Could she really do what she had vowed herself to do? She pressed her face into her hands and muffled a soft cry. Then a dark paw came around her shoulder as a soft feminine voice whispered to her. “You ok love?” Jesyntha had seen the female the night earlier when she found herself in a small trading town. She was very pretty and her face was marred with scars, she was a prostitute but Saxif found her too beautiful to be ravaged by males. With her bountiful collection of furs, meat and bones the owner of Jes was pleased to be rid of her. Saxif was quick to realize why for as they walked away the black female spouted every curse she knew and some Saxif never even heard. Saxif looked back at Jes and gazed into her greenish yellow eyes with her own golden ones filled with tears. Can you read and write? Saxif asked in a desperate tone as her eyes glanced from one to the other. The dark furred female nodded...

-------------
Dear Leon,

Please forgive me brother. I cannot come home just yet.
As much as I want to feel the warmth of your embrace the
pleasant sounds of your voice that I miss deeply. Something
has happened to keep me from you. Trust that I am ok and I
promise you that one day I shall return to you.

-Saxif
--------------

Jes was quite used to such a request as she transcribed the letter into a smaller form for the pigeons. Her writting skills were often sold among many things she was skilled in. She had come to know the routes it would have to take to reach where Saxif wanted it to and taught the female how she would need to send a future letter if she desired. It was when Saxif looked into her eyes the night earlier that she knew she couldn’t leave the pregnant female to her own. She was clearly tough and could handle herself against many of the dangerous foes of these lands with that mighty looking bow. But she was deeply pained and that wrenched at the female like she had to nurse her back to life somehow. Especially after what she had done for her. No one made her feel so beautiful as Saxif had, it was the least she could do. She was clearly strong once and she hoped she could help her be once more. Therefore instead of leaving as she had planned Jesyntha decided to stay with her. Not willing to show that she thought the rather proud female needed her, she disguised her help through offering her to learn how to read and write. Jesyntha gave Saxif a soft smile as the first of a few carrier pigeons along the letter’s journey was released into the sky. She seemed so relieved to the dark furred girl and was glad she could be a part of that. She wondered if her brother would receive her letter.

The letter he received was hardly enough for such a length of time apart but the brown male clung to it as though it held his life and soul within its grasp and really it did. If ever Saxif were to leave and never write again then surely he would be cast into darkness and death. The promise that it held was one of the things that was keeping him going, he carried her letter with him tucked away inside of his tools belt where it was kept away from chewing teeth and curious claws as well as Io and Aeron's scrutiny. The man even slept with the note folded into the furs he used as a pillow to rest his head on. Then perhaps he could pretend and fool himself that he was sleeping with Saxif nearby him.

The star eyes male looked up against the night sky from the roof of his house, watching the twinkles of light in the sky. Of the Stars... He sighed and once again folded the note away, looking at it would only cause him more pain. A lonely whine left his maw and deepened into a rumble of discontent, he was not happy here, it was a if he were dieing inside.