Pack "nationalities"
I know this has come up before, but I wasn't sure where to look or if some of the newer packs had ever been discussed. XD;

Anyway, people from France are French. People from Germany are called Germans, and folks from Turkey are Turks. What about pack wolves here?

Some of them seem to have pretty standard/accepted formats:
Salsola = Salsolans
Ichika no Ho-en = Ichikans
AniWaya = AniWayans
Crimson Dreams = Dreamers

But what about the rest? :o What does everyone refer to each group as? Is there a standard for each that I'm missing somewhere? >_>

"Anathemans" and "Infernians" sounds awkward to me, and I don't even know where to start for Cour des Miracles, Cercatori D'Arte, or Casa di Cavalieri. Maybe just Cercatoris and Cavalieris? That doesn't work for CdM, though... Miracli? Miraclé? XD Idk.
I thank a few of us from CdM consider ourselves courtiers since we are people of the court.

I think I've mentioned once calling those of Inferni - Infernian
Anathemans doesn't sound that bad to me. Or maybe Anathemians?
I've always said Infernian's and Anathemans. And I've always called those from Salsola Salsolians.
QUOTE (Zalen Damaichu @ Dec 23 2011, 12:08 PM)
And I've always called those from Salsola Salsolians. [/quote]
same here XD
Cavalierites is what Melissa and I decided on for CdC
OMG IS THAT A PSYCH!?!??

ANYWAY, I think for CdM, Courtiers works, even though we have two tiers - the Courtiers and Cavalry. Oooor, Idk. I reference it a lot - The King of Miracles, the pack of Miracles, etc. xD; Idk, seems to flow.

I can't type right now. This took me ten minutes. o.O
Is it really Salsolian? x___X

Cavalierites sounds good/makes sense to me.

I don't know why Anathemans or Infernians sit odd with me even though I use them, too. It doesn't when it's just text, but trying to actually say either aloud I get tripped up... maybe because the suffix changes which syllable has the most emphasis? in-FERN-ee vs in-fern-EE-ans. I probably suck at explaining this. Or I'm just retarded. XD

ANYWAY, there should tots be an official list of this somewhere >_> Maybe on the pack summary page? :o
I have no idea which is right, I just always used Salsolian. For me it just flows better XD
I call Cercatori's members d'Artisans. ^^
I've been calling Salsola people Salsolans... ^w^;;;
I refer to the members of Salsola as 'Salsolans' :>

And I have always referred to folk from Inferni as Infernians, and I am preeeeetty sure I've seen Mel do the same o:
Yeah I use Infernian. I also sometimes go by Clansmen/women because Inferni still calls itself a clan because we're cool like that.
I have always called the CdM wolves Courtiers or members of the court, as for the others I do use Anatheman, but I find the others clunky somehow.
Hmm...

I contemplated using "Infernian," but it seems kind of odd writing it sometimes. xD It does make sense but it doesn't sound like a nationality so much as some classification of a demon or something. I like clansman or clan member, or at least that's what I tend to use.

Dreamers, AniWayans, Ichikans...

I like d'Artisans, because I usually say "artisan" or something when referring to the pack. Anatheman sounds kind of awkward but it works, and I like Salsolan rather than Salsolian because it's shorter/fewer syllables/less forced sounding. It just flows better.

And I'll admit I never thought of Cavalierites. xD But I'll totes use that now.
Fun fact: these are called demonyms.

I actually use Salsolian for Salsola, seems to flow better than Salsolan. x_x

I agree that a list of these would be neat -- perhaps stashed somewhere on the Wiki.
Quote:Fun fact: these are called demonyms.

Interesting. :O Looking at these might be good for ideas, haha.

.... From that list. Halifax → Haligonian
I always bypass this problem by saying "member's of the ____ pack."
Unless the packs are ichika and salsola.
I always say a D'Arte member. LOL
Here's how I've always said it...

Inferni--Infernite
Crimson Dreams--Dreamers
AniWaya--AniWayans
Cour des Miracles--Court wolves/wolves of the Court
Cercatori d'Arte--Artisans (which is capitalized rather than the general term 'artisans')
Anathema--Anathemians
Salsola--Salsolans
Ichika no Ho-en--Ichikans
Casa de Cavalieri--Cavalieris

The reasoning that some packs have more adjective-based descriptions rather than a single description is because...well...some other terms just didn't sound right to me :/ So Ralla usually uses a term rather than an exact 'ethnicity'.