far from home
The small female had been traveling alone often. It was part of her duties, and though she believed that the direction she head in this day was land she hadn't explored it seemed that there were no packs who had claimed the lands either. She had been rather surprised as she'd paced down the old deer trail though the woods as the scent of canines was almost nonexistant. Here and there perhaps she caught the scent of a loner but it appeared that she was in pure uncharted territories.

The Lykoi woman had been determined to explore the lands when the realization had struck. She knew that knowledge of all the lands was part of her duty, but it would also help gain a more vast understanding of the lay of the lands and possible escape routes if the need ever arose. The idea was a good one and the young woman had set out in her Luperci form across the strange lands to hopefully find something worth bringing back to her clan. Information was always a gift worth giving and receiving when it came to the small woman but as she wondered through the Fundy forests she began to feel like she was being watched...
hi! :3 Zana is in optime form, right? (trent is in lupus)

[html]<style>.trent p:first-letter{font-size:20px;}
.trent q{color:#5e6d79;}
.trent table, .jello tr, .jello td{font-size:12px;color:#c7dde4;font-family:georgia;text-indent:2em;}
</style>
http://irisillustratie.nl/images/trenttab.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#1e2c39;border:5px solid black;">

With his poor sense of direction, Trent hadn't actually managed to get himself further south, as he'd initially intended. He had scoured past the edges of a pack that he had been too afraid to approach, like the one near Drifter Bay, and now the coyote-wolf found himself near the other side of the ocean, once more opposite of the place he'd seen across the sea. Across the sea, everything looked magnificent and like a place he'd want to be, but what if he'd reach 'across the sea'? Things would likely end up the same again, with him dawdling at the pack's borders uselessly until he'd try to find his bliss elsewhere.

He never really did seem to find that bliss he was looking for, though. If he couldn't even face his own parents, how on earth had Trent ever expected to be able to face anything else in this world?

As he aimlessly walked through the forest, still in his lupus form, pain stung at his back. Trent hadn't been okay for days, ever since... Well, that encounter not far from the edges of these new, wolf-filled lands. There weren't quite so many scents here, not like further down south, though.

In desperation and a lack of balls for approaching one of the scent-marked packs further to the south-east, Trent had resorted to being a creepy stalker in hopes of finding out more about... Well, he wasn't sure what about. There was a female, and she was so... Tiny. It probably should've made her more approachable to him, made him feel more at ease, but it didn't in the least. He watched her from the back, hoping that the trees and wind -- damn it, he didn't even know where the wind came from -- would protect him, and a small part of him hoped that she'd turn around and notice him.

Of course, Trent wasn't a very good spy. It didn't take very long, particularly with the pain jolting through his back and controlling his every whim, for him to stumble into the next best tree. Ouch! Shit, she'd probably heard that. Trent pressed himself closer to the ground behind the tree he'd painfully bumped his nose into, and his long, slim nose poked around the corner of the tree to see if she was looking. He'd probably look like an idiot if she was, but the realisation came too late.

image & table by me
[/html]

The small woman had continued to hear the sounds of the woods settling around her. She could have sworn that it wasn't just the everyday sounds of nature and prey moving about the lands. She let her ears swivel to and fro as she continued to pad down the old deer trail. She knew now that there was something strange in the forest as she slowed her pace. It was insane and somewhat silly but she believed that someone who was very poor at stalking was attempting to follow her. She sighed at the annoyance of it all as she ignored the creature for now.

Her tiny paws brought her to and fro between the trees of the forest as she smiled slightly, hearing the obvious sounds of the creature who was so horrid at what he seemed to be attempting to do. The small woman paused again in her traveling and turned, her grey lavender orbs scanning the lands as she caught the sight of a face peering through the trees at her. Generally the woman was patient but a puppy could stalk better than this creature and it was cruelty at best letting him go along thinking that he was getting somewhere in his actions.

She shifted her weight from one paw to the other before she rolled her eyes and began to walk directly towards the male. "Who taught you how to track and stalk mister.." she asked to the trees as she quickly cut the distance between them until she was almost upon him.
[html]<style>.trent p:first-letter{font-size:20px;}
.trent q{color:#5e6d79;}
.trent table, .jello tr, .jello td{font-size:12px;color:#c7dde4;font-family:georgia;text-indent:2em;}
</style>
http://irisillustratie.nl/images/trenttab.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#1e2c39;border:5px solid black;">

As he noticed her look, Trent crouched behind a tree and watched as she looked right at him. Crap. Ears folded back and he lowered his body as she approached and yelled at him, hoping that at least submission would appease her in a way. She didn't seem angry, and she was rather smallish, but the lupus was still afraid of some retribution for stalking her. He felt pathetic, stalking others because he was too frightened to approach them, and when she asked him who'd taught him to stalk and track he felt even more pathetic because he wasn't just stalking — he was doing a poor job at it, too.

Since there was no use running, he showed his face from between the trees and bushes he'd been attempted to hide behind, poorly, and averted his gaze after meeting hers briefly. Ah, uh... I'm sorry. Nobody taught me, which is probably why I'm so horrible at it... The coywolf sounded as defeated as he felt, like an antisocial loser who was so anxious to approach anyone that he'd rather do a shitty job at hiding.

Uh, I... I'm Trent. I'm new here, so I just... He trailed off there, since there really was no excuse for his behaviour. Any excuse he'd share with her would just sound shoddy, anyway. 'I was scared'; 'I don't know if y'all are a bunch of newbie-eating cannibals'; and there were probably worse things he could've said. Instead the lupus coywolf looked away, head and tail lowered in admitted defeat.

image & table by me
[/html]