You've let your face grow long
[html]

Now that she had managed to dig something that resembled a den she felt a lot more secure sleeping in Dahlia de Mai. It was nice to be able to go to a space that was all your own; even if the lands were ruled by others, she still had a small scrap of it for herself. The young female lay outside the boulder that marked her denning area, a small bird sitting in front of her. "Go on, then, talk!" She knew that it could talk...Ember had caught small pieces of what the bird had said, but couldn't figure out if it was her not listening right or the bird not talking right. Either way she couldn't understand what it was saying.

One of the finch's wings was dragging along the ground, so she knew that it was injured...but it wouldn't speak any more. "Are you afraid of me? I'm not going to eat you...you've only got enough meat on you for a teensy tiny baby puppy. So you should talk to me."

[/html]
Deuce was comeing to check on haku. She felt anxious since she hadn't seen him in a long time. She wanted to see how the stitches had held since it was about time to take them out. She was a bit concerned though. She hadn't had time to come and visit, since she was working on starting her own pack with Iskata.

That would take time, though. Time was something she had in abundance anymore. She paused at the borders, then headed inwards, looking to find Haku. She didn't think she knew anyone else, but Haku would be enough anyways. And then she stumbled onto an odd scene. A black wolf with eerily familiar green eyes sat there, talking to a bird with an injured wing. Deuce cocked an eyebrow, speaking before she could think. Didn't your mother ever teach you not to play with your food?
[html]

"Mum didn't teach me much of anything, actually. My da took care of me" She replied curtly, the bird cheeping at her right after she spoke. "Oh suuure...now you talk. Stupid bird." But she still couldn't exactly tell what it was saying. Ember was just learning the low-speech of animals, learning how to listen for it, and birds were especially difficult. "It keeps saying "wing wing wing wing wing!" Like I can do something about it." Not only was Ember not knowledgable about herbs, but she was a non-shifter by preference. So no thumbs.

Only then did she turn back to see who was speaking to her. Her brow creased and all thoughts of the bird were forgotten, for the time being. "Dierdre? No...you're her mother, aren't you? I don't remember a lot of who I met when I was younger, but I do think that you look really familiar"

[/html]
Deuce eyed the young girl for a long time before speaking again. Your one of Phoenix's kids, aren't you? I am Deirdre's mother, Deuce. She returned her gaze the the bird. I don't understand what it's saying, but I might be able to help it, if you'd like? She knew Naniko frequently helped wild animals. There was no reason why she couldn't do so as well.

And besides, birds were all feather and bone. No real meat to them. She gave a soft smile. I used to be part of Storm, before I joined my mate in Jaded Shadows. We aren't together anymore, though
[html]

Dierdre had been the one to pull her out of the snow when the avalanche had taken over Storm those months ago, and she still felt grateful for it. She might have died, otherwise. Ember liked the summertime because of its lack of snow. Maybe it wouldn't snow a whole lot in Dahlia de Mai, though, because it was near the coast. She could only hope.

"Yes indeedy. Ember Phoenix. Your daughter helped me out a few times...she was a really great older sister." Ember nodded at Deuce's offer of help, stepping back. "I don't know a whole lot about herbs...and I don't really want to learn. But if you'll take him, that'd be great. Just learning how to talk to them would be neat, but I don't think I have the focus to stay involved with medicine or healing or whatnot. You had a mate? I dunno about commitment...I don't think I could find anyone who I'd trust enough."

[/html]