Thoughtful march along the shoreline
[html]

His trek continued, north-bound through the territories of this new place where the final chapter of the tale he and his friends had been weaving for the past year and a half would be written. Lonna had died along the way, as had Muaru and Varn much more recently. Soro and himself were the only ones left...and it was up to them to do this right, to finish the mission they'd been tasked with so long ago. The tales they'd heard about this man suggested that they'd have quite a fight on their hands, but he was aware of the discrepancy in ability between the story-tellers and himself. He wouldn't get careless, but he wasn't going to worry overmuch about those stories yet.

He turned his brown eyes to gaze out across the bay, feeling calm and contemplative as the sun fell further and further down the western horizon. He had spent the night in the dense woods which had been the first territory he'd found in this new land, but those were now behind him, and he planned to look further out across this land, to learn what he could, and prepare for the eventual climax of his journey.

He straightened up and breathed deep the smell of the water, before seating himself down in the smooth sand. He would watch the sunset here, and think to himself before finding a place to sleep for the night. The sun still had a few hours yet in the sky, but he did not want to miss the inevitable fall and final flare of the day. He let his backpack made of human fabrics down onto the sand behind him. His instruments rested within, as well as an image that he held very dear. He would meet up with Soro in a few days time, but until then he could move at his own pace.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">
ooc: I hope that you don't mind my joining this! It looked lonely!

Zephyr had gone around and met a few wolves around the lands, but not everyone yet. He had not gone to any of the packlands, and there were still quite a few territories out in the unclaimed lands that he had not yet tred upon. The male was still feeling residual feelings of sadness, the loss of Devlin affecting him even here, but those feelings were becoming less and less as time went on. It was how life went...sometimes you lost those you loved the most.

He walked down the coast at an even pace, tail limply dragging along behind himself. He had nothing to do, no one to meet. No life here, really. So why did he keep hanging around? The Scottish male came into the view of the other wolf, spotting him a few moments later. "Hello there.."
[/html]
[html]

No problem at all, sorry for the delay, the last few days have been pretty busy.

One of Asmodai's gray ears twitched at the sound of another's voice, and his head turned to follow, as far as it could, before he turned himself around. He was glad he was sitting down already, otherwise the height difference between a shifted and unshifted wolf would make conversation difficult. He nodded in acknowledgment of the new presence on the beach.

"Hello to you, as well. My name is Asmodai, what can I do for you?" He wasn't sure what this wolf wanted, but he sounded like a foreigner...perhaps this stranger was a traveler like himself? He had traveled a long way to be here, and though he was more interested in the natives and those who knew a lot about this territory, he was not averse to sharing words with someone for the sake of simple conversation.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... _05bot.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 0px;">
ooc: No, not a problem at all!

He had heard of the others in these lands...he'd been around long enough. There were a lot of territories that he could explore as a loner, going wherever he pleased...it was a relief to know that he did not have to join a pack if he didn't want to. Back home, the entire village had been a sort of "pack", each taking care of the others. If one had needed a pupsitter, they posted a notice on the board along with their name. It was common for parents to want a night away from their squalling children. Zephyr had puppysat a few times, but had usually been needed at home.

"Ah. I'm Zephyr. Sorry t'have disturbed ya" He wasn't sure if he should have approached at all. Back home, the shifted wolves had been crazy...done strange things, things that he never would have done. His father had been a wonderful man until he'd started changing into that unnatural form. "Do ye live around 'ere? I've met a few pack wolves...not a lot of loners. I don't know if there's exactly...anythin you can do fer me"

[/html]
[html]

"No, I don't," he stated calmly. "Well, if you don't know anything, perhaps I'll just converse with you. I'm a traveler, though I am currently considering possibly laying down roots here for a little while. You don't sound like you are from around here yourself...what brings you to this place? And more immediately, what brings you to this beach?" Small talk was alright with him. He didn't need to think too hard to make it, and as long as the topics were kept general, he wouldn't need to hold back too many details. Then again, giving things away was never something that he'd had trouble with. Soro, however, was still dealing with the guilt of the last fiasco.

They had lost half of their party that day...a little bit of liquor, followed by some flirting from one of the native girls had loosed his cousin's tongue, and they had entered a fight for their lives. It would appear that the pack they had encountered took issue with what they sought to do, not surprising really, but still a terrible danger. Soro had let his guard down for a moment, allowed himself to be seduced by the drink and by a woman...young like himself, and that had been that. The two eldest members of their group had died...he still couldn't forgive his mentor for falling there. He, at least, should have made it back.

[/html]
[html]
ooc: I am so slow.

He did think that it was a bit peculiar that he was asking about Zephyr's past. He had not had anyone ask about his past in a very long time, not since the day he had met Devlin. The male's words still rang in his ears; 'Wot sorta wolf are ye, anyway? Where are ye from? Where yer from defines who ye are...and ye certainly don't look like a sea wolf ta me' It felt like just yesterday that he had seen him.

"Dunno. Just wanderin', I guess. I could settle into a pack...but I haven't met anyone who's been too keen on it. I don't want ta intrude on anybody...I'd rather help someone out and make a brand new pack. Ya know? I feel like I wanna be a part of somethin' big. And the beach? Dunno 'bout that either, lad. Twas just where I was dropped off at, where it was more convenient for them ta take me. What 'bout you?"

[/html]
[html]

It's all good, I've been distracted a lot lately myself =P

"Lad?" he smiled, pleasantly perplexed at the usage. The only time he'd heard that word was when old wolves spoke to youngers, but even though this wolf looked mature for his age, he didn't smell like he was past early adulthood. Asmodai was older, though he couldn't put his finger on exactly how much older. Perhaps lad had different connotations in the place that Zephyr came from, wherever wolves spoke english in the out-of-place dialect he used now. The shifted wolf didn't mind it, it was definitely a quirk that made this wolf stand out from others he would meet, and he appreciated quirks, provided they weren't the dangerous kind.

"As for starting something big, I can see that. Aspirations are good things to have, and wanting to be a part of something is far from unusual, especially amongst our kind." Indeed, wolves were social creatures, being a part of a pack, a family, or in his case an organization was very important. The smell of that organization had long since worn off, and he wondered if he would smell like home again before this was all over.

"As for myself, I came to the beach because I like it. The endless expanse of the water, the sun's play over the sea, the scent of salt and wet sand. For some reason, all of it appeals to me." He had learned from Muaru not to drink from the ocean, as the salt made it poisonous to the body. He would not have tried to drink such odd-smelling water, especially if he knew what it tasted like, but it was curious to think that some wolves had died of it. Curious still to contemplate that there could be so much water, and that so much of it couldn't be consumed. It was indeed an odd and wonderful world he lived in. He regretted that it had taken him so long to discover that fact.

[/html]