Under the Sun
[html]

Augustus
Take the light and darken everything around me...
OOC Forward dated Halycon Mountains -- Word Count → 467

It had been half a day since leaving the Court and Augustus had grown accustomed to the rhythmic beating of his paws on the earth below him. He’d been there for a short duration and already felt ill-suited to their way of life. Living in the remnants of the human civilization, and some so far from the ground made him uneasy. He didn’t think he’d ever truly be one of them. He was so different from everyone else here…Was there a kindred soul anywhere in this strange new place? Someone who wouldn’t puzzle over his every action, or cower before him, worried that he would snap at any moment? These wolves had lost their roots long ago it would seem and it saddened the black saddled male. So he’d fled, chasing the shadow of the Halcyon mountains.

It was liberating to be outside that invisible line that marked the Court from the surrounding lands, and Augustus was thriving in the chill of the northern air. He felt alive as he leaped over rock and stream. It was not until he saw the hard stone of the mountain looming ever closer that he gave pause. It stirred something within him as he gazed at the majesty of nature. He had never intended to wander so far, but ever since he glimpsed the mountain he’d longed for a closer look. The scents of the neighboring packs had died down and melted away into this…This wonder. He felt compelled by its high frost shrouded peaks to join his voice to its heights. Slowly he lifted his scarred muzzle skyward unleashing his voice and calling to the heavens themselves. It was a long cry, a tale of his life, and the life he had yet to live. Some notes long and mournful, others short and filled with hope. He mourned his brother and his banishment from his pack- the death of his old life, but flavored his voice with hope with the prospects of what the future held in store for him.

He slowly lowered his head at its finish, and his tail wagged to hear his voice linger on the wind and echo back to him. It was almost as if some invisible pack was howling with him and he reveled in the sound. He closed his eyes a moment, imagining their faces. His brother’s loomed before his minds eye and his tail stood still. “Brother!” he called ecstatic. When he opened his eyes he was there, and he had grown. But when he looked into his eyes he saw his own staring back at him- yellow flecked with green. No…he had amber eyes…The predominately black wolf faded before him into a whiter creature…himself. When the water stirred he realized he was starting into a small pool…at his own reflection. .

Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

Word Count 318:: OOC.

Finally he was home. His new pack was everything he had ever hoped for, everything he had ever dreamed off. He had had a family again, after nearly a year of being alone he was once again surrounded by people he cared about. But now, he was the head of the family, the alpha; they were all his to care for. In the past months Zalen had feel himself grow stronger, both physically and mentally; he had finally become what he was meant to be. He could feel Ruby’s ghost with him at times, could feel her pride flow through him. He was proud, he was strong, he was alive!

Zalen had taken to traveling on his own that day, for it was important for the leader to get away from the others to think to himself. He was prancing through the snow and ice where it still clung in the rain, and also over the ground, near the outskirts of his territory. The black wolf had never felt so good before, he felt complete now and he wished he could share this feeling with all the souls of Nova Scotia.

Taken pause to drink from a small stream, Zalen’s ears suddenly heard a call in the distance. He lifted his head, ears turning to the sound, as its somber notes drifted on the wind. It was not a summoning call, nor a territorial call, no, it was a call of life. Interest, Zalen’s ebon paws took him swiftly along the river until caught sight of the wolf who had howled. It was a silvery male who was staring mournfully in the stream; Zalen approached cautiously and stiffly, not showing complete dominance but still holding confidence in his frame, I heard you call, brother. He said, feeling like he had just heard the wolf call out “brother” before he arrived, but seeing no other wolf he was confused.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#454649; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.z2 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.z2 b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC --
Word Count → 330

He lowered his ears and tail, his whole body drooping forwards as the reality sunk in. The knife, the blood all flashed briefly before his eyes. Dead. He came to realize. He nearly started when the sound of another voice caught him by surprise. He turned swiftly, eyes darting about before locking on to the black figure before him. His stance was strong and confident, his body stiff. Instinctually Augustus stiffened in reply, holding his own, although it was not with aggression. He eyed Zalen for several moments. It had been a long time since he’d seen such a display. Even upon entering the Court Strel had seemed almost discouraged by his display of submission. It struck him as odd. Posturing had forever been a deeply rooted behavior among wolves. This male was different. He eyed him with curiosity.

“I was unaware that anyone dwelt here…” He started slowly, still eyeing the black male. He raised his head to be even with the other’s. “I am Augustus.” For once his voice was confident, but seasoned with mourning. Zalen’s voice had given him hope. Some wounds did not heal. His scars became more apparent when he turned his head, his ear twitching to the sound of a bird calling in the distance. Moments passed when he did not speak. Augustus’s body was not adorned by clothing, nor piercing, nor dyes. He had nothing but fur to cover his large framed body, and it was a pelt mainly of white with small hints of black some in a strip along his snout, some more around the edges of his ears, and the rest in a black saddle just behind his shoulders. His eyes were a sharp yellow with subtle green flecks around the pupils. He was taken aback by this stranger, so alike to his wilder nature. “You are not like the others here…” He stated with conviction. It was not a question. A true wolf could recognize another of its kind.

Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3
[/html]
[html]

Word Count 286:: OOC.

He had startled the male so he went no further instead watching to see how he reacted. He stiffened, but not aggressively, and set eyes upon Zalen for a several long moments. Zalen didn’t speak then, knowing the male was inspecting him, and curiously too. Zalen wondered if there was anything about his appearance, save for his feathers and eye mark, that disturbed the male. But then the stranger spoke, stating that he had been unaware of Zalen’s presence and introduced himself as Augustus. Zalen nodded in greeting, I am Zalen, and I do not dwell here, but close by. He didn’t give wind of his pack just yet.

The male studied him again before stating that Zalen was unlike the others and this perked the Alpha’s interest; this wolf was adept, that was for certain, to pick up so quickly on Zalen’s difference. Intrigued, Zalen moved closer, with a friendly stance, to sniff at Augustus; he smelled of a pack; Cour des Miracles. Zalen backed up a bit, Yes, I am not like the Luperci in the pack you are a part of. I lead a pack of old, where wolves are wolves and nothing more. He raised his head a little higher, looked at Augustus quizzically; could this possibly be a new member? Zalen continued to be surprised by how many of the wolves he had encountered lately agreed with his point of view, even though it seemed to be in the minority, Tell me Augustus, do you, as a non-Luperci, agree with their way of life? He curious about this, for he had met Thoirni in a similar fashion, and he had not agreed with the way Crimson Dreams went about its business.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eaf3f7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC text -- Word Count → 000

Augustus took in the stranger’s scent as he took in his. He did not have the smell of any of the packs he’d passed. His tail wagged slowly in greeting. He could smell the scent of the Court upon himself as well and was ashamed. He knew little of them to begin with, but what he had seen he could not help but disapprove. Caspa had been the only reason for his staying there. The Dauphin had made him uneasy from the moment he’d set eyes upon him with his crimson hair and clothed bi pedal form. His ears perked when he spoke of his pack. Augustus’s heart leapt. “I was raised in such a pack.” He admitted, his tail continuing to wag, his attention focused on the males words and nothing more, taking in every vowel. Augustus stood firmly rooted to the spot, his eyes peering piercingly into Zalen’s. “It is all I know.” He straightened, his past woes forgotten.

“I only joined to have a home for the winter. Wolves prancing about on two legs like humans…I cannot accept it.” He divulged his beliefs eagerly to this male, trusting in the promise of the stranger’s words. “I remember my ancestors…and the humans were nothing to be idolized. They left nothing but death and destruction in their wake and killed our kind for sport.” His tones were sharper now, the generations that came before him almost speaking through him. He knew, he remembered. His father had taught him of their plight, as his father before him.

His stance changed now, and he avoided Zalen’s eyes. His body curled towards the earth. It did not matter that he was on neutral territory, this wolf promised everything he’d ever dreamed of. A place to belong. He tucked his tail between his legs and held his head and ears low. “I would join you, brother, if you would have me.”

...call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

Word Count 200:: We can end this here if you want. ND should be up and running soon, but it might take another week. You can choose to go back to CdM or you can stay up near the ND area and just thread with the current members if you'd like Smile I will also add you to the ranks on the website.

Augustus’ body language changed immediately after Zalen spoke and the ebon male could not help but mirror the wagging tail with his own. The male poured forth his frustration onto Zalen, just as ones had done before. He spoke of the folly of the Court, of how they acted like the humes; how silly they were. The packs of Nova Scotia had all gone mad it seemed, living like creatures that had snuffed out their own existence, it was something that irked Zalen to no end.

So New Dawn would do good in this world it seemed; it offered friendship and family and joy of just being to those who sought it. Zalen smiled and nudged up against Augustus, You are accepted then, our territory is near. Go back to the Court and break ties there, if you must, or abandon them and stay here with no shame. He trotted several feet away and then looked back at him.

Accepting his first straggler was something that welled up inside him like a joy ready to burst forth. This male was strong and young and would do well in the pack. Zalen barked joyfully, I’m glad you have joined us Augustus!

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color: #eaf3f7; letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC Last post, see ya on the other side xP And was there a certain date you wanted on this for the sake of our archives? -- Word Count → 387

His eyes closed momentarily as he felt his new leader nudge against him. He looked sideways at him, memorizing his face. His tail twitched between his legs. He held himself low- submissive, but eagerly and happily so. This crisp mountain air filled his nostrils and he gazed longingly beyond the mountain range. Home. The thought resounded in him, filling him with joy and hope, like nothing before. “Right behind you, Alpha.“ Alpha, the word felt good on his tongue, no longer a being of fear, but one of trust and stability, of companionship. Every fiber of his being wanted him to follow Zalen, right then and there, but something stirred within him. His gaze drifted towards the direction from whence he came. He feared little for the leadership of the Court, but of his friends - Caspa and Terra he was not so certain. A strange and strained friendship he had with the dog and coy wolf, but he felt in his heart that he at least owed it to them to say goodbye. They were the very first canines he’d met in this strange new land, both having helped him in some way or another, but both Luperci and neither much of a wolf. It was a well known fact, and one that bothered him at times, but he was no longer a creature of hate and accepted their companionship, although he disapproved readily with their ways of life.

Still, the pull towards his new home was strong. So strong he took a few steps towards Zalen. His tail wagged openly at Zalen’s bark of joy and acceptance and he watched the black male’s form grow smaller and smaller on the horizon. A whine escaped him as he hunched again towards his new home, but instead turned his back and headed to the Court. His goodbyes would be short, and he would try to snip the ties of friendship that bound him. He was a wolf through and through, and would soon be creating stronger bonds with those of his own kind. He broke into a trot, and later a run, his shoulders slightly hunched, eyes mainly on the ground below him. A couple moments passed and he halted to turn his head a look back to gaze upon his new home and a new dawn.

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]