finding the wrong pack for Charlie
So! I've mostly got the kinks worked out for my Charlie girl here. I was hoping that I might be able to get a little bit of a plot rolling for her from the start so that I have a foothold to help her develop and keep her in the game. :] I am hoping to find the WRONG kind of pack for Charlie, somewhere that she not only won't fit in but will eventually be outcast/driven away because of it. I think that eventually she could end up in/fit in Crimson Dreams (just from reading the pack web pages and stuff) but I don't want her to go there immediately. Since she is such a simple, happy sort of character I'd like to give her some in game conflict right off the bat.

In short, I'm wondering if there is anyone that feels they could help me create this conflict specifically? Or several someones? I've filled out Charlie's profile so if you give it a quick glance you could see if your character might not get along with her. I think the best way to create conflict with her would be, perhaps, to take advantage of her honest and trusting nature. Betraying her trust would drive her away.
Perhaps Salsola? Maybe she could be made a slave and escapes? I dunno just an idea.
IDK if its possible to escape salsola. o.o

anathema maybe? Aeron is there with her odd family maybe its to military or the caves make her go nuts.
Yeah - I don't want anything too complex that she couldn't get away from. Charlie, while I'm going to have her be of average intelligence, isn't all that brilliant lol.

Marie - The military thing might work for her? I don't know a lot about all the characters here but she probably wouldn't do well with violence or hostility?
You could read up on Anathema. it might be the wrong fit for her. Aeron can be hostle but Anathema is also very family like.
I think you're right. When I read the website originally about Anathema I was somewhat concerned that Charlie might actually become attached to them because they've got strong familial bonds and from what I read it seemed to me that they're very open and loyal - but the level of spirituality would leave her feeling alienated and she might even shun it a little bit which could put her at odds with her pack members - especially if they would be hostile about it or violent toward her because of it. Do you think that is possible?
The salsola plot could still occur. Xochime is shy and caring, so maybe they can congeniate. Xo can start telling her marvells about Salsola (or at least about Eris) and convince her to join, but then she is mistreated or turned into a slave (this could make her develop some resentment towards Xochime for making her join that pack from the beginning). Xo tries to make up for that by helping her to escape. And if she is made a slave, then she may keep the gold ring and trade it for some pretty stuff later on?

Heh, crazy ideas are crazy, but tell me what do you think XD

BTW, welcome to 'Souls!
Oh! Now I'm torn, that sounds perfect - I like that it would leave a lingering plot - something to feed off of even after she escapes and leaves. I mean for Charlie to be simple and I think that complicated emotion would be good for her character, awesome for development. I think I'll take you up on this offer, it fits what I wanted pretty much exactly. :]

Thank you so much, also, Marie, for your help. I appreciate your response, maybe we can still have a thread of some sort after I get settled a little?
Oh! And also thank you for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it Big Grin
It is settled then! I'll PM you to sort out the details. XD
I don't think Anathema members would force her to believe the way they do. idt we're really mean.
Yeah, I think it would just be better for me to do the plot with Salsola since it fits so well. :] Thank you very much for offering, I'd still like a thread with you in the future if you'd like to have one at some point.
QUOTE (Xochime Kimaris @ Dec 29 2011, 09:53 PM)
The salsola plot could still occur. Xochime is shy and caring, so maybe they can congeniate. Xo can start telling her marvells about Salsola (or at least about Eris) and convince her to join, but then she is mistreated or turned into a slave (this could make her develop some resentment towards Xochime for making her join that pack from the beginning). Xo tries to make up for that by helping her to escape. And if she is made a slave, then she may keep the gold ring and trade it for some pretty stuff later on?

Heh, crazy ideas are crazy, but tell me what do you think XD

BTW, welcome to 'Souls![/quote]
This plot would be fine with me.

However: if Charlie was accepted to Salsola as a ranked member on Xochime's recommendation and later kicked out, it would almost surely reflect a little poorly on Xochime. o: Not enough to get her demoted, no, but it wouldn't be a positive thing for her in the leadership's eyes and would probably make it more difficult for Xo to get promoted in the future. ^_^o Just as a forewarning. Xo can always bribe her way out of poor standing or whatever, though, so it's not that big a deal. c;

If you wanted to go the slave route, Charlie, perhaps Tammi would be interested in hearing about it? O; She has a plot going down, you can find a bit of information about it here. Perhaps Charlie can be enslaved and freed as a part of this plot? -shrug- :3 That'd be fine by me.