Romeo oh Romeo, where art thou my Romeo?
[html]

The black lady had a troubled day, trying to get through at least one day straight and sober. Things without Naloxone were starting to build up, starting to tear her down. For a long time she searched for her mate with no such luck, and when she realized he probably died in the fire, she knew she was going to have to move on, but she couldn't and she didn't want to.
Meeting Skoll the first time and actually talking to someone, making sense of everything, shinned the light on her problems and she realized that sooner or later she was going to have to get better with or without Naloxone, thus making her realize that now was better then later because at least she wouldn't be as addicted, and easier to wean herself off of everything.
Everything was quiet, and Asphyxia was taking a stroll so she'd stop thinking about taking a drag or choking back booze. The trees were covering everything and the whole land was a hybrid between suburban area with forest. There were some houses this way and that way, a small store or two and roads that had weeds all in them, that were basically narrow little paths now.
A noise made the lady jump out of her thoughts and Asphyxia whipped herself around, looking this way or that way, feeling almost paranoid. After she satisfied herself that nothing else was there, she continued on her way until she heard noises behind her. Her pulse was in her ears, she turned around and she seen a bushes move, and lurking out of the shadows from the day, she seen a large wolf not in shifted form as she was. On four paws was the most ugliest vicious looking thing, it was a wolf of course, but he had blood lust in his eyes, she knew that look from anywhere. The ugly thing had goop around it's eyes, crusted into his fur. It started to snarl, the rabid wolf started stepping forward, and then he almost did this sprinning sprint action. This was the part where she started to run for her life.

[/html]
[html]

There we go.

In his current state, he was next to useless. He knew that Pilot wanted him to take it easy, not to get into any more scuffles until his wounds had healed. Still...it had taken him quite a while to decide that it was alright to stray any appreciable distance from his post. If he couldn't take a short vacation while he was unable to fight, when would he be able to? Deciding that he would explore this land fully and find where all of the new packs were located, he felt more secure knowing that his 'vacation' had some purpose to it other than just relaxation.

He entered a dense woodland just beyond a beautiful beach, and entered cautiously. It was an eerie place, though not in the same sense as Wraith's Rest. It wasn't the supernatural that made the hairs stand on the back of his neck here...it was the natural which worried him. As it should, apparently. He heard something coming, and turned his lone ear toward the sound...it echoed loudly in his ears for lack of any other noises beneath the thick canopy. He saw a familiar face run underneath a beam of sunlight...Asphyxia? Behind her ran something else...something he couldn't quite see. Couldn't it be a wolf? Someone defending themselves? Wasn't that the most likely cause of this situation? He didn't know. Though he would look at it that way later, right now he just knew that someone he knew was being chased, and he had already twisted around to pull his axe out of his pack with his left hand before he had even thought about it.

Rabies. He had smelled rabid wolves before, and recognized the stink of insanity. He ran forward, his left arm raised, his axe poised to strike. He felt the wind of Asphyxia blowing by him in the darkness, and brought the axe down in a deft chop, down between the shoulders of her pursuer. It had come in diagonally, cutting the mad wolf's spine in two. The rabid mongrel stopped running, its inertia carrying it another two feet before collapsing.

"Are you alright? Did he bite you?"

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia was running but heard a gross and sickening crack behind her, making her look over her shoulder before she stopped in mid tracks. As she looked at Skoll and he asked her if she was okay all she could do was nod and whisper, "I...I don't think so." she looked on her arms and her legs, she was fine. However, Asphyxia and Skoll were supposed to be 'strangers' but he definitely was not one.
Sitting back in awe for a moment, Asphyxia found it weird that the one that she had been thinking about all day was finally there, right in front of her. "T..thank you for..saving me." she chuckled nervously. Asphyxia wasn't too sure why she was always so nice to him, although then again she wasn't too sure about anything.

[/html]
[html]

"It's not a problem," he said, wiping the axe against the pelt of the fallen wolf to take the blood off the blade. He twisted around to get the axe back into the human bag at his hip, difficult to do given that it was on his right side. After successfully getting it back into the back so that only the handle was sticking out, he rose his amber eyes into her red ones.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked again. "You're acting a little strange. I guess it's understandable to be shaken up after an episode like that." He was glad he'd been here...that wolf probably wouldn't have been a match for her, given that she was shifted and had the benefit of very sharp claws, but the rabies would have made a miserable sham out of any victory...winning a fight meant little if it came with the promise of a slow descent into madness and a miserable and pathetic death thereafter.

[/html]
[html]

Asphyxia nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure..and yeah, I've never met a rabid wolf." never meeting a rabid wolf was true, however she was only acting strange for the mere fact of Skoll being around. An awkward silence took over and she wasn't all sure of what to say. After meeting him before, she was thinking about how much they were alike. Skoll actually understood, unlike most wolves and coyotes, like her son for instance. Hybrid was pissed that Haku took her down, and she supposed her son was now going to be bringing down Haku, which could leave some serious problems for Inferni, for Asphyxia especially. The black lady tried to smile a little for Skoll, "So where were you going that you were out here?"

[/html]
[html]

Awkwardness!

"Well...no where, really. I had a battle on the border of my packland, and it left me damaged enough that I needed to take some time off. Given that I wasn't much use as a deterrent for attack in my current state, I decided to explore a little." He supposed that he had just proven that he still wasn't worthless in a fight, though he knew that another swing like that might break the stitching on his left arm. Still, he was glad he'd taken some time off. This place was new and unknown, and it stood to reason that he should know at least the vague layout of this place if he was going to spend a long time in Shadowed Sun.

"What about you? What's a fierce Inferni coyote doing all the way down here? You're too far south, even to be spying on Dahlia." She had seemed more shaken up than vengeful the last time he'd spoken to her about the events between the coyotes and the wolves of Dahlia, so at the very least it didn't seem like she would take it upon herself to do that sort of activity. His mind was in the complete wrong place, though. He couldn't have even guessed the true reason for her awkwardness.

[/html]
Sorry for the long wait, everything is so screwed up in RL! Dx
[html]

Asphyxia looked at him and nodded as he spoke. And then he asked a question that really even she didn't know much of an answer to it as well, "Well..I really don't know. I was just wandering because at least here is the best place where you wont run into anyone." she gave an awkward smile and looked away. What the hell was he doing there? 'Oh the irony!' she thought to herself and sighed. Although it probably looked weird to her being as close enough to Dahlia as she was. However, she wasn't close enough to do anything to them, wondering anything about them so it was cool. "So... heh. How ironic to see each other again so soon..." even though they were planning on not even coming close to each other, almost like a flesh eating disease.

[/html]
[html]

I'm sorry to hear that RL is screwed up X( Should we go ahead with our plot, or postpone?

"Yes, it is. I'm glad I ran into you, though...looked like a situation where I could make myself useful." He offered a slight smile to match her own, unsure of just what it was she was feeling. Certainly there was awkwardness because of their origins. He had stood in the way of Inferni's will before, and as such befriending him was almost certainly taboo where she lived. Also, even if the current leader hadn't been injured by the bronze wolf and vice versa, Inferni's prevailing culture took a very clear anti-wolf stance, and so anything friendlier than casual disdain would probably merit the enmity of her pack mates if they found out.

"Well...you wanted to be alone, so I guess I should just be on my way..." He didn't know what was bothering her now that the initial trouble was over, but he guessed that it had something to do with him being there, and the fact that they weren't even supposed to know each other after their last meeting. He took her comment as a hint that maybe he should be on his way.

[/html]
[html]
we are going to pretend that this was here weeks ago. xD

You are the weapon I choose.

The black female looked at him, being nervous started to kick in hardcore and she started to tap her foot in thought if she should or not, but before she knew it, it all happened so fast, she grabbed him by the shoulders and kissed him. At first she didn't have thought in her mind but then she started to actually think and she realized what she was doing, and that this was Skoll, out of anyone she could be kissing, it was the one that originally she talked to. However, they weren't supposed to know each other, she was supposed to be with Naloxone but it was obvious he wasn't coming home, she needed to move on, but it was a little crazy that it was Skoll she was trying to go for. Quickly she pulled away, looking away from him, she could feel her face burning in embarrassment, feeling lightheaded. "Sorry." she tried to find words to say to him, but she just couldn't. For the first time in forever, Asphyxia was speechless.

[/html]
[html]

It's all good, I'm still excited for the plot =)

His eyes widened slightly when she moved in, it was the last thing he expected, though judging by how crazy these coyotes acted sometimes, it shouldn't have been. Hell, Kaena and SteelRose had been brutally insane, Nikolov called him captain through the entire war because he wanted to feel like he was living in one of his human "science fiction" books, and Tanya acted like she thought she was at least twice as big as she really was. These coyotes were crazy, and still this had caught him by surprise. He was a warrior, and indeed his reflexes had tensed to react to the unforeseen motion of her body, but she had moved past that and done something which none of his thousands of hours of training had prepared him for.

The moment of adrenaline passed quickly, and was replaced by something else. A memory...this was something he hadn't felt in a long time. Years and years ago...the first time Galdra and he had stepped outside of their camps. He hadn't let himself seek this sort of attention since the tragedy that befell her...he knew he was responsible, and yet...Phasma said she knew he was sorry, did that mean she had forgiven him? Could he be forgiven? If he felt so guilty, why was he letting this moment occur unabated?

"Well," he said, his breath coming a little faster, his eyes still widened fractionally, a look that rarely crossed the seasoned warrior's face. "It's um...it's alright. I guess that explains the awkwardness, doesn't it?" He didn't know what he felt. She looked nothing like Galdra, and yet what few memories he had shared with that woman were coming to the fore. He was attracted to her, they were both older creatures, not like the horde of two and three year olds that seemed so common here. He didn't know why she had done that, and yet why it had happened seemed to hold little importance in his mind right now.

[/html]
[html]
yes. (= I'm deadly excited. Big Grin

Red eyes looked up at Skoll's face. He looked more surprised then anything, and when he spoke she chuckled slightly with an edge of embarrassment still there. It was funny how one kiss made Asphyxia feel like she was young all over again. Ever since the fire, realizing only so many days ago that Naloxone probably wasn't coming back and he probably died in the fire, it just made her realize that she was holding herself inside and not wanting to let go of the memory of the once so familiar face. "It was actually the only reason for my weird behavior." she paused for a moment, trying to bring her thoughts together, looking up at him, the embarrassment slowly wore off as she started to get serious, "I just... I didn't know what overcame me. However, when I was talking to you before on the mountains, it was just... I never opened myself up to anyone besides my old mate before. Everything is just so confusing for me, feelings are foreign and I'm trying to make them more of a language I can speak. I just...don't know how to." she looked down for a moment and then looked back up, chuckling a little, "Maybe it was my way of thanking you for saving my life." Asphyxia didn't know what to do about Skoll. Did she like him or no? Or was she starting to gain feelings for him, which was even more scarier to her considering forever she had this hate against wolves.

[/html]
[html]

I wasn't sure how to progress the scene, so I did it this way. Hope it's okay.

"..." He was still left flat-footed. It had been so long, and even back then it had been easier for Galdra than it had been for him. Her words were strange for him. She had lost a mate? And opened up to him...what a bizarre realm of emotion she seemed trapped in. The sworn enemy of her people in Inferni, and of everyone she had opened up to him. And now this...

"Of course. It's no problem. But..." He wasn't sure how to phrase it. There had been a poetic flourish to what she'd said, and he should answer in kind, but his mind was buzzing, highly active but moving slowly for all that, like it didn't know what to do or how to act.

"It looks like you know how to speak them to me." He didn't know what exactly he was doing, but a great weight left his shoulders, and the awkwardness was shed, if just for a moment, with it. The moment was slipping away quickly, and a part of him followed it, unwilling to let this feeling that had eluded him for so many years escape so soon. He grabbed her gently, and returned her kiss with another. What moved him was not a being he recognized, not the hardened killer he had become, not the slayer of dozens of wolves fallen and standing over the course of the wars. His eyes were not the eyes that had seen the atrocity of the Shadow Priests, his hands were not the hands that had slaughtered the unfortunate wolves of the Raven Feud, and his spirit was not the callused thing that had betrayed Art's hopes and survived killing the one woman he had loved. For just a moment, he was free of his life, and it was a moment he wanted to last forever.

[/html]
[html]
it's totally fine, and yet amazingly cute. =3

Asphyxia looked up at him as he spoke, but before she could even speak a word back, they kissed once again. The butterflies that were in her stomach started to grow even more, making her feel light headed but a feeling of being high without actual drugs. She couldn't stop either, and her arms found their way back around his neck. What the hell was she doing? Asphyxia had no idea, but at the moment, it seemed like the right thing. For so long she was a mess, everything of what Naloxone was trying to get her not to be. All she wanted to do was see blood shed across the lands, but now everything else seemed so useless, like she was being an idiot. She stepped as close as she could to him, just wanted to make sure that it was actually real and she just wasn't dreaming.

[/html]
[html]

Glad you think so, I'm new to this sort of thread, so hopefully there won't be too many blunders : ).

The moment stretched on, and he felt her arms come up around his neck, and she pushed herself closer to him. Some part of him returned in force, like it had been holding its breath for ages and had just come back to the surface. A bright and vibrant heartbeat pumped life back into parts of his soul he'd long thought dead. What was this? He had seen so much, done so much, how could anything make him feel young again after all that? He couldn't even remember what had happened to him right now, though. The tribulations of seven years vanished at her touch, and he lost himself to that.

When the moment finally ended, he pulled his lips from hers, and looked deep into her crimson eyes, and even the thoughts of Galdra faded into memory. He didn't know what was going on, but the mind that he had forged in the fires of strife wasn't making his decisions right now. His thoughts belonged to someone who hadn't surfaced in a long time. He took her in...her face that was so close to his...what had he done right to deserve this? He vaguely remembered feeling that he had done many things wrong, but...that wasn't congruent with what was happening right now.

"Is this alright?" he said distantly, thinking less about the question and more about the next kiss that would come when she said yes. Pain came from his right arm, but he couldn't stop himself from giving her gentle pressure from both arms, encouraging her to stay close to him like this. Whatever consequences there might be for this...they would all come later, but this moment could only happen now, and he was glad to accept it.

[/html]
[html]
(=

Asphyxia was so lightheaded and looked so stoned, even though she was totally sober, when she looked up at him. She nodded at his question, unable to speak. Nuzzling her face into his chest, she inhaled the scent of him, never letting the memory of his scent fade. Looking back up at him, she smiled as she was realizing what was going on. Thought never really processed through her mind, she had no idea what she was doing and she didn't care. Right now, he seemed so irresistible to her, candy in stock of a store that a little kid couldn't have because they didn't have enough money but then as she thought about it, the candy man gave her candy for free.

[/html]
[html]

It had gotten out of hand quickly...he had been so impulsive, following this flight of fancy, but it was too late to turn back. This dead part of him lived and breathed again, and the gray world of duty and death, of brutalized innocents and dead or bleeding warriors who had given of themselves completely...all of that would be muted now behind this new passion that was rooted too deeply for any man to ignore. A new reason to be alive, a reason that he accepted in full, body and soul.

He pushed his muzzle along side hers, and ran his scarred cheek along her own, Pilot's stitching holding firm despite the soft insistence of the action. Nuzzling her, his eyes were closed as he breathed deep, taking her scent deep into memory in turn, old wounds in his chest complaining, but he could do nothing but ignore them. Their relevance...the importance of what they represented and the world he had gotten them in, meant nothing here. Nothing in the face of this beautiful, ebon woman.

[/html]
[html]
I hope the minor powerplay was okay. I can change it if you'd like.

Asphyxia cuddled back into him, realizing that he was also hurt and she didn't want to be at fault for any stitching that could become undone, "Take it easy. I don't want you to be in pain." all of her children were getting older, her youngest starting to get up there to join the rest, it was her time to baby someone else that she knew she could take care of, "Come on, let's sit." she grabbed his hand, intertwining her fingers with his and she led him to a pretty tree that held a lot of the shade that was around them. Making him sit, she sat beside him and then repositioned herself so she was curled right into him, her head on his chest as she heard his heart. She closed her eyes in a deep thought, and right now she couldn't even speak to him because even after he kissed her back, she could barely speak.

[/html]
[html]

Should we stop here and begin another encounter tomorrow, or have one or two more (gotta go to bed soon, so it might last until tomorrow).

He had no words to meet hers as she led him to a nearby pain. His wounds did pain him, not only the new but old also. How she had known this...perhaps she had simply inferred, but he was good at masking the pain...was she that perceptive? He did not resist her as they walked, and welcomed her weight as she rested her head on his chest. As she closed her eyes, he closed his own. This was so unlike anything that had happened to him in all these years. Even Galdra had not shown him concern...he was a man and she was a woman, they had both been young, but both warriors still, wanting to unwind. This tenderness was something new entirely...something which touched him on a different level. As he closed his eyes, he felt the tenseness in his muscles relax. This feeling, this warmth, this other life which chose to be beside him was wonderful. How could it be moving so fast? He wondered that, as he sat speechless as she under the dappled light of the dense forest. It was of little concern right now, however.

[/html]
[html]
we'll end it here and you could possibly make us another thread?

Asphyxia was still, just listening to the beating and wondering where would they go to after this time was over? She wasn't planning on moving until he would decide he had to go. She could tell it was still bright out but it wouldn't be much longer now till the sun would start to hide behind clouds and make its way to the other side of the world. Her heart was still doing crazy patterns and her stomach still flip flopped around. How long till it was all going to end though? Asphyxia was scared that he would just leave her brokenhearted, or leave her the same way Naloxone possibly did.

[/html]