[M] But break, my heart, for I must hold my tongue
[html]Word Count: 200

She caught his hand before he could run, and he glanced down curiously, then back up at her face. She repeated the blessing, and he smiled somewhat weakly, rolling his shoulder uncomfortably. She'd called him 'kin', and he supposed, if they traveled together, they would be, in a sense; it made him smile more, and he ran a hand through his messy locks at the thought. It had been a while since he'd had any real kinship with someone, and Cai didn't count, simple-minded as he was. Though they were brothers, they didn't have anything, really, in common, save perhaps their shared Russian heritage, and even then, Drakien had renounced that in favor of turning to the Romani. Still, they had accepted him, but never really thought of him as kin, not the way they did each other--not the way they did the Family.

It would be nice, he mused, to have someone think of him that way. So he nodded, and squeezed her hand a bit, agreeing quietly, "Together." Then he took his hand back and moved to follow her lead, as he had no idea where they were going; only what would transpire along the way.[/html]