Aimlessly Wandering
[html]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnai ... mbnail.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black
; text-align: justify;">
[/html]

Kota had been out exploring the lands on his own in an aimless sort of way and since this morning when he sat out he had walked a good ten miles in a small three mile radius, most of which was done by certain things or scents capturing his attention and diverting him from the direction he had been going. It was durring one of these distractions that a different captured his attention and dragged him off toward the sound, it sounded much like a waterfall and he liked that because he always liked finding small inclines or ledges behind the water where e could just sit. The male pushed aside a small tree's branch and peered at the water that fell; he ducked under the branch and came out to the waters edge.

The black brute knealt at waters edge and began to drink slowly from it before taking off his loin cloth and cloak and dropped them aside just to wade out into the cold water and headed towards the falls. Once he got there he found a rock just under the surface that he could stand up so he did and let the water crash over him for awhile before he ducked under it and started his search for any ledges or small caves or anything of the such. He did find a small cave that looked like it had been used before but abandoned; he liked the feel of it so he sat down on the edge of it and peered out through the falling waters.

[html]
[/html]
[html] hi hi! sorry i rambled!

He felt free away from the Manor, able to stretch his legs and let his thoughts roam as freely as his body. The red tinted male liked the security of the mansions roof, but when he woke he yearned for the wide open spaces of the western territory. It was no uncommon to see the wolfish hybrid trotting from the Manor's door, and then not be seen for a night or two. It was those habits that had gotten him in trouble in the past months, having been absent during key events in the pack's history.

It was in his heart to try, though he found it more enjoyable to sleep in the quiet of the unoccupied portions of the territory and he found it hard not to nap when the urge over came him. Mother's words had hit him hard, he knew that his attitude was wrong and he knew that it would take work to change it. Guilt plagued him, even though it had been seasons ago he still wished he had done more to help the pack when they were in such dire need. He wished he had helped save his mother, or stood by his brother.

As he wandered Oak huffed, a snort from his nose as he thought about it. He was often an eager participant, wanting to please his alphess as well as his mother, but then as enthusiastically as he could be on one end... He slipped back and away from the pack. But now it was with purpose. Oak had come to find that his talents were in tracking and stalking. Despite his autumn hued pelt the well muscled boy could hide well in the shadows of his namesake, and he placed his energy into honing his techniques. And when he returned to the Manor after days away, it was with a prize draped across his shoulder.

But he had failed this day, another lesson for the sometimes prideful beast to learn. He was becoming used to not always getting what he had searched to retrieve, though he was also beginning to realize that the sting never left but was only tolerated a bit more. Dark paws carried his lupus formed physic to a spot he often rested beside. The river the Dreamer's claimed fell at the chiseled rock, creating the powerfull falls and a ironically peaceful spot. His black tipped ears listened for them, letting them guide him. He traveled carelessly by the water's edge and it was not until he scented another male that Oak paused. One paw stood above the ground, held up as he researched the scent to find it was one of their own.

What he found most interesting were the clothing that had been left. He cautiously moved closer, curious to know who this pack mate was.

[/html]
[html]http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnai ... mbnail.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: black
[/html]

Kota had not noticed the new arrival because he had been busy in searching the small cave but a wonderfully delightfull idea came over him. he had done something simular before and it had always been fun yet before it had been a ledge over grassland; not a cave behind a waterfall. At any rate Kota backed himself up against the back of the small cave then raced foward with all his might and leapt!

The black male burst through the waterfall spectacularly! "WAAAHOOO!!!! HAHAHA" yet at the last minute Kota noticed something just under the surface of the water, oh dang a rock! "whoa! whoa!!" Kota hit the rock with both feet and a hand but the algea covered surface gave no traction and the poor wolf with his momentum slipped right off and into a deep area "AAAHH-" SPLASH.

A few minutes passed before the surface broke again with kota scrambled up onto the rock as if there were a school of carniverous fish nipping at his rear and breathed hard as he clung to the slippery rock. Thats when he noticed the new wolf whom at this point would undoubtedly be watching him; he lifted one paw and gave a happily friendly wave "HEYAAAH-" and slipped off the rock again. Poor kota managed to scramble back up onto it again and this time didn't dare let go; he could swim...not very good but he he could save his own life in the need be. The black male leapt from the rock to more solid footing and again slipped but this time fell on his rear in the knee high water.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Oak was examining the cloth, which seemed to be someone's clothing from the heavy scents, and did not notice the shadow looming behind the waterfall's curtain of water. Black nose was close to touching the fabric when something broken the falls and jumped out towards him. Oak turned defensive, fear only a lingering feeling and his need to defend the ground he stood upon from the attacker much more potent. But his angered looked turned surprised in an instant for it was a wolf and not a rabid beast that came from the waters. And the beast was not very sure footed.

The large dark wolf fell into the pool, slipping on rocks and then stumbled to get his footing. Oak flinched, cringing at the sight of his falls. It was not until the wolf fell for the last time on his tail that Oak questioned. Are you alright? He spoke the words with a bit of a wince, knowing that the other would certain sustain some bruises here and there. He wished he had a hand to give him, but his current for left him with only four paws. The rust hued male gave a wag of his tale, wondering how cold the winter waters were this time in the season.

[/html]
[/html]

The answer- of course -was bitterly cold! and had been the front and formost fact as to why the dark male had fled the water as quickly as he did. Well that and you never knew what could be lurking in there just waiting for a nibble of wolfie tail and frankly Kota didn't want to find out to soon. Instead he made his way to the shore "Me? oh yeah! i'm fine!...though i think i may have bruised my tail a bit.." a strange one this guy was.

Bruised tail or not it didn't stop him from returning the friendly greeting of the wagging tail "don't believe i'v had the pleasure of meeting you yet...my name is Kota. I'm new to Crimson Dreams......whoop 'scuse me" he added then reached down and picked up his loin cloth put it then the picked up his cloak and slipped that on as well.

Kota sat down so that he didn't seem so tall compared to the other wolf who was not in the same form as he was. Kota glanced around to see if there was another wolf around then back at the rust colored wolf before him

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Oak smiled as the shadowed male responded and laughed as he made the small jest about his tail, he took it as a little joke at least. The russet male was not one for swimming, enjoying his paws on the ground rather then floating. It made him think of his brother, who seemed so much at ease on a horse. That wouldn’t work for Oak, his own legs worked well enough. It would be all he needed.

The blue eyed male gave a smile, Its nice to meet you Kota, I’m Oak the Praetor’s son. He spoke of his mother Anu as he gave his introduction. Such was normal for him, knowing that others may knew her far better then they would recognize him from around the Manor. To gain his hunter’s rank was a mission of his, and to do so meant night and night away from the Manor and away form the core of the pack. How was he expected to make many friends and forge bonds?

The fact that the other wore clothing was a bit odd for Oak, but he backed away from the cloth that he had been inspecting and nodded politely. So, Oak began, his curious mind bringing forth a new question. What brings you to this part of the territory?

[/html]
[/html]

Kota had stood once again and walked back to the cold water on the shore where he knealt and drank slowly from the refreshing water. Yet when the other one said what he had -'i'm the Praetor's son'- he choked on the water and turned quickly. He knew it was rude to turn your back on those higher ranked and the fact that he had not shown the level of respect expected from him by that rank difference was worse yet. Kota instantly was on the ground in a bow, his nose a mere few inchs from the ground.

"Forgive me sir! i did not realise...i...forgive me" he remained like that; submissive to the other wolf whom he thought held higher rank then he and for all he knew Oak did. Kota glanced up at the other but did not meet his gaze when Oak asked why he had come to these lands. It was a question he had been asked twice before and the answer would be the same this time as well "i heard legends in my travels sir...i wanted to see these glorious lands for myself so i came and was accepted as one of the Dreamers."

Kota lowered his gaze once again; he was by far no push over but he knew all to well to respect those of higher rank or else. If this wolf or any other had been abusive with his rank then Kota would not have hesitated to put them in their place and notify the leaders. He would not however show disloyalty to his pack nor would he let his pack...his home be ran by those of wicked heart; but thankfully none of those where in the Crimson Dreams.

[html]
[/html]
[html]

Every bit of Kota’s reaction had not been anticipated. Oak had spoken the words time and time again and yet no one thought it out of the ordinary. Oak knew that he was nothing out of the ordinary, and so even having his fellow Dreamer speak the name of Sir caused him to make a bit of a confused face. He shook his head slightly, Oh no, it’s not a big deal. tone verging on the end of laughter. He knew his mother would find it just as amusing if someone bowed down to her as well. Crimson Dreams was a place of genuine respect, the male honored him far too much that it made Oak feel a bit uncomfortable.

Please, you don’t have to call me Sir. It makes me feel old. He spoke with a lopsided smile. It is really beautiful here. In the spring it’s even nicer. There is a good amount of prey on this end of the pack lands too. Oak sat, wondering if that calmer position would ease the other male into being more comfortable.

He was curious to know what sort of place the black furred male came from, and if the leaders desired more of a dutiful follower then they did in the Dreaming world. Instead of wondering too much about the past Oak opened up more about the present. Are you staying in the Manor?

[/html]
[html]Kota eased up and nodded; he was tought to show respect to those above him in rank and as far as he knew there was no one below him, so that meant everyone held higher rank then he. He watched the tree colored male for a moment then smiled fondly at the memory of his first hunting here in these lands. He had hunted a two rabbits; the first was a quick kill for it was not expecting him but the second was harder. Since Kota could not change as easily as he should have been able to; he had goated the rabbit around the area with a mix of chase and thrown stones.

The stones had tricked the paniced rabbit into thinking there were two wolves after it and thus Kota was able to effectivly guide the fear blind prey back into a crossing path. Kota had snatched up the rabbit and shared the choice kill with the second person he had met in Crimson Dreams. His smile turned to one of saddness; his first friend here and she had left for the new pack. he pushed those thoughts from his mind however.

He looked back at Oak just in time to hear his last question and gaze a bit of a ruefull smile "no, no afraid not; it...well i don't know...it just doesn't have the right feel for me..." and it was true. He contemplated digging a den and he had found an old run down windmill that he might could restore....if only he knew how. He chuckled to himself at that thought...maybe the village that he had heard about would have something on the subject of restoring a windmill. This caused him to chuckle again.[/html]
[html]

Oak had thought about leaving Haven Manor and venturing off to live on his own. He felt it would bring him a bit more independence, perhaps like it did Alder when he left to live in the Court. Yet, Oak would never do such a thing now. After the Fall, and the war with AniWaya there was no way the rusty male would leave his mother defenseless as he had before. He nodded at the dark male, understand well that the mansion was not for everyone. Some don’t like living so closely together. Other’s would rather have a den. He spoke with a smile and a shrug.

Kota did seem to be a bit different. The clothing that he wore was not that of a human kind, as he had seen some wolves wear. It was a more primitive sort, from what Oak could see. But clothing had not been something his mother had taught him to use as a pup or adolescent and so the male hadn’t come to habitually need it. He was happy in his own fur, Optime formed or Lupus.

You seem like the type that likes open spaces. Oak spoke, the assumption not a judgmental one but more of an educated guess.

[/html]
Kota nodded in agreement and looked out over the water that he had fallen into multiple times; a chill ran over him at the thought of its cold touch. His eyes turned back to the wolf beside him and he grinned "its not that i don't like living in the old human man buildings...its just..to many around me; i like my space. I did spot a villiage i may try and an old windmill. However i think the windmill may need work before i chance a stay in it" he chuckled at that.

Kota did wear some resimblence to clothing but it was more for his own mental comfort then protection against cold or anything; he would soon lose the loin cloth when summer would come and the cloak he would retire when he felt safe in these lands.

Another chuckle emited from Kota at Oaks assumption "that i do indeed..its easier to know whats around you and a quick way to get away from or toward whatever may be there" again the black wolf smiles. Maybe he had made himself a new friend in Oak? then again this could just be idle banter and be nothing more then an acquantence. He really hoped it was the first one.
[html] Fixing up the windmill might be a fun pack activity Big Grin

Oak remembered the days of his puppy-hood. His first memories were of the orchards beyond the manor, and the garden that his mother tended to. But, just after that hazy memory Oak could see Haven Manor. He could see the walls and the ceiling, the doorways and the stairs Anu had told him not to go down. The house was a part of him, even if he yearned to be independent from it. Despite his need to be slightly rebellious Oak knew that the loyalty ran deep through his veins, he knew that he loved the lands just as much as the other members. Oak nodded at Kota’s words, smiling at his comment about the windmill. If you need help, I can lend a paw. He commented, offering up the help.

The lupus formed wolf felt his tail thump lightly against the ground. The black wolf was quite the interesting creature, and he was glad that Crimson Dreams was about to have him in their ranks. There was a bit of silence, and Oak wondered if Kota had any specialties, other then swimming in frigid waters. Have you given a thought to a specialty rank? I’m hoping to get the hunter co-rank, or the Ambassador rank. I’m pretty good at hunting but they still get away from me at times. It was important to use one’s talents for the good of the pack. Oak had yet to figure out what that was.

[/html]
Kota smiled at the offer to help him fix up the old windmill; perhapes together they could turn it into something usefull for the pack itself "i would be honored to have your help Oak." It was a bit of a harrowing task now that he thought of it; and what if something should happen? if he should become hurt or trapped, it was a good idea to have someone else there that could go for help. He wondered breifly what the windmill could do for the pack..he could live in it i the leaders deem that fit and he maybe could make meal for the pack or perhapes sharpen and repair weapons. The possibilities where limitless.

The next question caught him off guard and Kota had to sit and think about it for a moment, did he have any special abilities that he could lend to the pack? He was a good hunter yes but not the conventual type and he could learn to fight better to offer his services as pack warrior. "i can hunt ok...i mean i never really learned how to shift into the four legged form..something wrong with me from birth. but i have developed ways to get around that...and i'm a good fighter i guess.." he thought about the recent war and how he missed his chance to defend his new home...it made him angery at himself.
[html]just as a note, all luperci are born in their four-legged form and then shift when they are at least 6months old. I figured that Kota could have developed that inability to return to his lupus form after his first shift.. Let me know if you have questions Wink

Perhaps he would go after the carpentry co-rank, he thought as the vision of working on the mill came to mind. What if he had a knack with woodworking? Suddenly he had visions of handling an ax and cutting down trees for lumber. The thought didn’t truly appeal to him. There had been an innate sense of kinship towards the trees that had been bred into him. Oak would rather focus on hunting four-legged prey, but fixing up something that was already fallen and dead, he would be happy to do.

Oak listened, his ears turned forward to focus on the other’s voice. It seemed to be an odd illness, not being able to turn back to the Lupus form. But he knew those that remained in it always, finding it far more comfortable then any other. Some only stayed in their lupus forms and some were like him, and switched as often as he pleased. The pack could always use a warrior. Defense is extremely important. Oak remarked, his tone a bit less bright then before.

We lost our best fighter, he went and created Casa di Cavalieri. Thankfully we have a good relationship with them, and Cour des Miracles.

[/html]
[html]

Sounds great to me lol maybe some defect thats wrong with him that triggered at the time of his first shift, he has tried to shift to the four legged form once before but its caused him extream pain. (*) refer to Ghost of a Village

Kota would be a woodworker but had the ability to listen to the wild around him; to know what the trees felt and he couldn't bring himself to hurt those he concidered his friends. Maybe a metalsmith? but then again no reliable scorce of coal, he could burn bits of dead hardwood...maybe that would work. And it being a windmill he could always offer his services to milling grain and corn for the pack; he would have to go to Piccolo village in the next few days and see what he could find there (*).

He looked over at Oak and smiled "perhaps i shall be a warrior...protecting the pack is a good reason to hurt those who would seek to do the same to my hoe and family" the family part refered to the whole pack. He thought about it for a moment then turned his ears toward Oak again as the bark colored wolf spoke again "thats to bad...at least you have good relations with them." Kota seemed like he was thinking hard on the fact of being a warrior and defender of the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.kotafeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#184a79; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.kotafeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; text-align:left;}
.kotafeb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.kotafeb .box {width:220px;height:300px;float:right;}
.kotafeb {margin:0 auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55Rt.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]lets wrap this one up Smile Another one soon? PM me if you'd like

Oak had never been one for weapons or for learning the technique that might inflict pain. He held a great respect for those that could battle hand to hand or with a sword. But there was something inside him that caused him to hesitate when he thought of perusing that avenue. He wasn’t comfortable with it, and his thoughts tended to drift away back to hunting techniques or the knowledge that he had gathered about the neighboring packs.

The red male nodded, he was glad that the relationship with Casa was a strong one, and on good terms. His mother had helped to form that bond. If you needed training, they would be the place to seek it. And, if it’s a horse… my brother Alder in Cour des Miracles can help you. Oak commented, giving a bit of shrug at the end of it. And what would they ask for if they came to Crimson Dreams? He didn’t know the answer. I should head out, start tracking to see if there’s anything by the ways of prey out here. He had grown slightly anxious at the previous thoughts. He was sure he would see Kota again, without much of a doubt.

[/html]
[html]

Sure ^^ perhaps in about a month maybe the windmill thread?

Kota had always been a peacefull wolf; he perfered not to hurt anyone but he knew that sometimes peace came at a price and it was one that Kota would happily pay to see his pack mates happy and unharmed. Kota looked around the calm area and tried to imagin it in the grip of a war with another pack; it scared him, Wars and bloodshed always ruined the earth they happen on because nothing could grow from the pain of others.

He looked over at Oak when he spoke and listened, getting a few ideas but not knowing in which direction which pack could be found at. "erm...where might i find these two packs?" Kota looked rather sheepish at this moment; he had been here in the pack for about two months now and yet to find out where the other packs were. Mainly for the reason of establishing himself in the pack first "Alright...i'll see you around Oak"

<style type="text/css">
.kotafeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#184a79; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.kotafeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; text-align:left;}
.kotafeb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.kotafeb .box {width:220px;height:300px;float:right;}
.kotafeb {margin:0 auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55Rt.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]small ending. also, I pm'd you about that!

Oak explained the directions of the two packs. He had been near Jazper’s new pack, though he had yet to ask for entry. But his brothers’ pack, Cour des Miracles, was on he had ventured within. It was different from the Dreaming world, more suited for those that enjoyed their Optime form. But he knew how to get to either well enough and gave Kota the directions in detail. He hoped that Kota would take the trip, it would be good to keep relations between them all strong.

Oak gave his good byes and looked forward to the next time they would see one another.

[/html]