I only think about rabbits!
[html]

St.Pepin’s Vineyards; Open to anyone…just don’t kill me; Des to pwetty for that D=

He lay in the tall grass, relaxing. He had started getting used to the pack life again, at first it had been a strange change, having drifted around for over two years had made him a loner and he hadn’t even thought about ever joining a pack again. He had been too foucused on his goal, he had been too driven by rage and revenge, the thought of ever getting to live a peaceful life again never striked his mind. But here he was, laying in the freshed of grass, stuffed on the ripest of rabbits.

He hadn’t forgotten that there was a war going on, that his pack was fighting to keep its borders Inferni free, well not fighting exactly, but at least trying as best as they could to keep the Inferni members away. But he liked to dream himself away, thinking that there wasn’t any trouble or struggles in the world, that all he had to think about was rabbits.

Des had used his days to hunt and explore, he hadn’t met too many other wolves yet, and besides their pack meeting, he hadn’t met any of his fellow pack members either, except Mew, but not since he was accepted. He had met Skoll from a pack he couldn’t remember the name of, they had talked about the ongoing war between Dahila de Mai and Inferni, and Des had asked the other for help, or if he knew someone that would be able to help in any way. Skoll himself had been badly injured, so Des had understood that he wouldn’t be able to fight, at least not in the nearest future. Too bad, he had looked like a skilled fighter, and he had praised Dahlia and its inhabitants for being some of the first to finally taking a serious step of action against Inferni.

But for now, the dark bluish male only lay in the tall grass in St.Pepins Vineyards, looking at the clouds, not thinking about war and fighting. The little voice in his head couldn’t have been more annoyed.

[/html]
[html]
OoC: Ooh, I'll steal this thread, eheh~! Sorry, Des, no pretty girl this time. ;3 Just a big sleepy boy for you.

BiC:

The tall male yawned, rolling awkwardly onto his belly. Bits of grapevines had broken off and now littered his oddly-marked pelt - where had he fallen asleep this time? "Oh yes, that vineyard, must be", he mumbled dozily, his pale blue eyes bleary with sleep. It was very disorienting to be narcoleptic, he mused, rising unsteadily to his paws. What had he been doing again...? "Mm, just thinking... about..." Haku, Cercelee, Inferni, war! The thoughts came rushing back, and he found himself wishing they hadn't.

Slay padded along on four paws in the tall grass, his head still in a whirl from the pack meeting that had passed. Was he really involved in a war? He had fought before, to be sure, and had done a good job of it too, with his broad-chested malamute blood lending him strength. But that was self-preservation, or to defend those younger and smaller... To actually be swept up in a political struggle, the all-out battle that their beta, Haku, was pushing for...

With such deep thoughts whirling in his troubled mind, it was little wonder that the arctic male didn't look where he was going. His wide paw stamped right down onto something soft and dark, made of silky midnight-blue fur. Glancing down with a perplexed look on his black-daubed muzzle, the half-asleep Slay muttered, "A... tail? Oh, it's you-" He broke off into a yawn, courtesy waived in favor of drowsiness. It was always worst when he first woke up, but he knew it would be an awful first impression. Oh well, he didn't get along with males anyway... Especially ones with darker fur, that brought back unpleasant memories. "-you, the guy from the... meeting. You agreed with me, I remember. What was your name...? Sorry, kinda... tired..." Slay yawned again, a hopeless case.

[/html]

[html]

\(`0´)/ I think Des can handle him :3 Just don‘t go gay >>;

Squish. Des almost shrieked out as something heavy stamped on him. What a brutal awakening from his daydreaming! And what a character to be awaken by! Des didn’t know how to react, the little voice in his head wanted him to growl and attack the assaulter, but his calm mind kept it in check. He sat up and stretched out his arms.

The other looked even more tired than him, like as if he had fell into a well of sleep and only barely gotten out of it. At least that was what Des thought. He had seen this character before, on the pack meeting. As he recalled, this one had spoken wise enough about the war and not come with any hasty suggestions. Des didn’t care for hasty suggestions.

Desaevio Caesius, but you can call me Des, easier for a tired mind to remember. he teased. After being called “you the guy”, he didn’t see the point in being formal.

Do you like this place too? I mostly come here for the rabbits… he licked his mouth, Dahlia really did have the best rabbits. I don‘t really care for grapes, but they smell good and the tall grass here is nice to relax in. he smiled. So, what do you think about the meeting an all? I still think the whole war thing is a bit surreal…

[/html]
[html]OoC: Never fear, there's about zero chance of that ever happening. ;P

BiC:

"Des," he repeated with a wry grin, silently agreeing with Desaevio about his powers of memory. Okay, this guy seemed decent enough. Maybe he had gotten the wrong first impression because he was a little protective of the ladies in Dahlia. Slay had no mate, though, and he was only particularly close to Cercelee, who could clearly handle herself without his help. Although, she did promote him... That, too, made him worry...

Vigorously shaking his piebald ruff, the big arctic wolf became fully awake, his mind focusing on the conversation. He wouldn't succumb to sleep for a while now, which was a relief. This Des would know him as sleepy, but not as a narcoleptic, like Firefly had so rudely discovered. Sometimes luck stayed with him. It was rare, though.
"I like the look of this place, all the vines and leaves framing everything. There's a lot of colour. I come from a bleak, snowy place, where everything's black and white." A smile ghosted on his black lips. An interesting choice of words, considering his fur. "But rabbits don't taste as good as fish."

The carefree mood evaporated as Des mentioned the darker topic - war. "I... I can't believe it myself. I was one of the founding members, so I've been here the whole time - but I still haven't met any of these Inferni fellows, I haven't seen any of the violence they speak of... I... heard that they hurt Mew. And that's why her brother, Haku, is so dead-set on fighting back...."

Slay watched the other male curiously, with his ice-pale eyes. Des had seemed close to Mew - had he heard the story yet? About her pups? It had probably come up, but still, how would he react...?

[/html]

[html]

Yea..I haven’t experienced any of the “horrors” yet either… the dark male made signs with his paws. He hadn’t even seen a coyote yet, so he couldn’t quite say what they looked like. He had a blurry memory of a drawing he had seen of as a young pup, but other than that, he had no preferance of them. To be honest, I haven’t even met one yet. The war felt so distant to him, he hadn’t been in this area for so long, so he didn’t know the history of the lands and he didn’t know the wolves. But he had tried his best to try to find help from others, and he had met someone who actually had been interested in participating, but unfourtunantly they had been too injured at the time to, they didn’t want to promise anything, and Des respected that.

The dark male didn’t bother to get up, the whole setting was too relaxed for that, and he hoped the other didn’t take any particular notice of it, even if he was a higher rank than he was.

Are there any good fishing spots here then? he asked, trying to get the conversation of the war theme, the other seemed a bit bothered with the subject of war. I could probably use a change in diet He smirked and patted himself on his stomach.

[/html]
[html]OoC: Sorry for the wait... D: Let me know if you don't want to continue this thread anymore, cuz I know some things have changed by now (such as Des's rank!).

BiC:

"I... haven't met one either," Slay sheepishly admitted. "I wander outside the pack lands a lot, but only in neutral territory, so no trespassing... I don't know if I'd be able to recognize a coyote on sight, let alone fight with him." He felt a little better knowing that - he wasn't the only wolf new to these lands, who didn't know about all the history - but it was small comfort, if their situation was as serious as it seemed. Information was worth so much...

So the subject change was a welcome turn of phrase! The arctic wolf smiled wryly at Des's comment about his diet, adding, "Not if you're trying to slim down, mate. Fish are fattier than rabbits, but they will make your fur nice and glossy..." Slay settled onto his stomach, stretching his forepaws before him to rest his chin upon. The casual nature of his new acquaintance was making him act more lazy than usual. "But sure, there's freshwater and saltwater spots here. Rockpools on the beach, and there's an estuary further south that I like to scour. Plenty of spots to go fishing when it's nice out!"

[/html]

[html]

We’re still playing like as if its 26th of june, so the fact that Des has risen in rank has nothing to say. But if you’re tired of the thread, I guess we can quit?

Hey, was he criticizing his perfect furr? The overly handsome male looked at it with wonder. Maybe it had turned a little rough over the years, straying aroundfor two years, eating whatever he could find, sometimes not eating at all…it had been harsh on him, and he hadn’t really noticed the changes it had made on him. But he could see them now, his furr wasn’t so fluffy, and didn’t look a little bit more pale than it had used to? The blue colour in it didn’t shine through as much as it had before. The dark male also noticed how skinny he had become, or skinny wasn’t really the best deskription, he was fit, but he lacked the normal amount of body fat a normal healthy wolf was supposed to have. Hopefully those ripe rabbits would help change that.

Heh..I obvioulsy don’t need to slim down.. he looked away embarrassed. Want to go fishing with me sometime then? Long time since I’ve done that. he remembered the summertimes in his old pack, when they had left their winter residence to go live on the plains near the ocean. He remembered the fishing trips he had had with his father, and of course, the dancing and celebration after a big catch. Those were the days.

Too bad they were gone

[/html]