Your kisses are the best Kisses
Two nights ago, some very small precious gifts where born into the world, and he had been bounding along the terrain like a silly puppy with excitement. Ichika was warming the cold brute’s heart day by day, something Dahlia had never quite been able to do. The excitement in his form was maybe from his attachment to Nayru and the fact he felt not quite like a father but like a father watching his daughter grow up. True he had no children of his own yet, but he hoped they were on the way, hoping his beautiful she wolf was currently in the first stages of fulfilling that hope.

Early in the morning he had been out, hunting as usual, instincts kicking in to drive him to keep his den full of food for the two ladies who currently needed a male around to keep their bellies full. Instinct or maybe paternal instinct who knew, but in the end, he had been hunting so well that there was plenty for everyone, to the point of he had been storing food away deep into the frozen ground and covering it for later. He had hidden away so much food that he guessed that he should have stopped at some point, but it was winter and hunt able prey may suddenly vanish if things rapidly changed.

A low yip pushed out of his muzzle as he called into the den. Calling not for the new mother and her children but of his mate, the morning was a beautiful winter wonderland, and he wanted to show her something. His voice remained low, trying not to wake Nayru.

“X’yrin” he called his body full of energy and ready to burst at the seams.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Sleep was a rarity as of late. With dreams plagued by memories of her life before Ichika, she found not a comfortable reprieve from the toils of the day, but a longing that could no longer be fulfilled. But it was not a permanent state of mind fixed on her, rather one conjured by the present circumstances now alive and wriggling within the den. X’yrin was overjoyed with the birth of the Lady Nayru’s brood, the expectant mother now able to feel something other than strain of fatigue when carrying them. But the rewards of life were well worth the weeks’ efforts; her patience and care bearing beautiful fruit that would grow and ripen under the nurturing light of their mother.

She could hardly wait for her own birthing day, if the fates willed it to be. To experience that care for one’s own was a sensation that the woman longed for if only to encapsulate and relish the splendor that the mothers of her culture were unable grasp. But more than that, she wanted to look upon the faces of the life she’d carried and see within them the love forged by an unwavering love. A gift such as a child would mean more than any memento she would ever hope to make for her beloved. A permanent testament to their love and loyalty to each other. The chance to experience the maternal bond robbed from her culture. She wanted to experience it all.

But what could be said about newborn pups was that there was little sleep to be had when they were hungry. No matter the hour or the times prior when they had eaten, they commanded more with their searching cries needing their mother’s milk to sustain them. The only consequence was that when they cried to awaken their mother, so was the slumbering she-wolf brought into the world of the living. And once on her paws, there was little she could do to put herself to rest again. In these waking moments when Saluce was absent and it was only her and the pups, she could clean the den as many times as it was needed. She’d brush the scraps of their meals outside and clean around the mother and pups, ensuring their room was sanitary (which proved difficult as often as the whelps relieved themselves). It was a tiring process that often led to the gentle beast’s return to her bedding to rest. A routine adopted in such a short span of time, but none the less workable.

However this morning, she was not roused by the squeal of pups but instead a horrible churn in her stomach. X’yrin fought down the rising bile in vain, abruptly pushing herself to her paws just as the bitter liquid stained her tongue and forced only her maw to expel. The smell was atrocious and strung her nose. Her stomach lurched a second time and with her maw already opened, the contents of the night’s meals were spilled beneath her, hot and acidic. Several more lurches followed, digging deep in her stomach to void its contents but ushered little more than saliva and dry heaves. Whatever had brought on this sickness was merciless, nearly rendering her immobile as she was forced to catch her breath. X’yrin blamed it on the shared meal last night and anticipated she would not be the only one feeling the repercussions. Hopefully neither Naryu of Saluce would have to suffer a rude awakening as that.

But it was strange that she was taken by sickness and was not catered to by her mate. Blinking the pained tears from her eyes she looked around the den, noticing for the first time his absence. No doubt the overworked male was out hunting for them again, the thought forming a smile on the woman’s lips. The shuffle of snow turned her attention then to the mouth of the den, what minimal light that filtered through was suddenly blocked by a large form. Her ears perked to his call and immediately the she-wolf wobbled over to greet him, still a bit nauseate from the earlier episode. She poked her nose out into the open receiving her first scent of the morning air melding with the musk of her mate. Her tail wagged eagerly within the den; her form not all the way out, but partial as she laid her forelegs out into the snow. “Good morning.”

ooc: 740 words.

[/html]
There wasn’t much that went on that he wasn’t aware of. The scents of the den where a mixture of X’y, himself, Nayru and her newborns, but also of unclean things, which irritated him. Puppies seemed to be messy things and that was about the only thing so far that bothered him. Another sniff and another smell caught his nose, this one of vomit, knowing the smell from previous experiences. This threw him off, if sickness was in the den then he fought the urge to move everyone, to clean the den and then allow everyone back in. But his thoughts where interrupted when she came to the mouth of the den.

He lowered a muzzle to hers but stopped cold when he came across the scent again. The behemoth gave her a questioning look, his nose drifting to the top of her head to greet her with loving licks.

“Are you sick my love?” he asked softly nuzzling, feeling the need to baby her if she was indeed sick. The morning trip he had been planning could wait if she felt so bad. His tail wagged in short little spurts behind him. “Do you need anything? Just tell me and I’ll go get someone who can help?” again he was a nervous expectant father, wanting nothing to go wrong with her pregnancy. He was helpless in away, his job was to provide while she let the pups grow inside of her, until then it was all her burden to bear. There was literally nothing he could do to change anything that happened, so he could only be a gentle loving mate to her for the time being.

His nose dipped back down then, licks across her maw, cleaning the last remains of what she had retched up a few moments ago. He ignored the taste, deeming it a necessary burden to bear to make sure she was cleaned.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

Refreshing air soothed her heated muzzle and with each clear breath her stomach settled just a little more receding the swimming nausea so she could look to her mate with some comfort. But the scent had been caught, the remnant of bile still clinging her to lips. She lowered her head with a soft whine, feeling utterly embarrassed for her lack of a presentable form. Her eyes averted from his inquisitorial gaze upon choosing to instead look upon the soft white that encompassed their home. But his worry would not be abated by this bashful show as she felt his loving tongue across her crown, coaxing an explanation.

Free of his tongue, she raised her head and shook it quickly to rid the excess moisture. “No no…” she uttered softly, reaching for his muzzle with a heavy paw. “It was something I ate, is all. I’m fine.” X’yrin continued to paw for his nose, hoping that her adoring display would take his mind off her bout of illness. There was no proof that the sickness was result of the meal, but she saw no reason to assume the worst and hail the pack healer. As much sense as it would have made, discretion warranted that she operate differently. Despite the blessing growing within her, she wanted as few to know as possible, hoping to retain some secrecy until the pups were born. Above all else, she feared excessive stress having seen in her past the consequences of it. Truly she cared for her Ichikan family and knew that in their hearts they meant well, but she did not want to risk the attention of others knowing how her mind and body would attempt to accommodate them by whatever means was deemed fit. Even her patrols were completed late at night to avoid a run in with another pack mate.

“You know you don’t need to call for anyone,” kindly she reminded him in between licks, feeling she didn’t need further explain her reasoning. “But it makes me happy that you worry about us. But one of these days you are going to have to be there when I wake.” She extended her muzzle to lightly nip his cheek. “What if we need you and you’re out hunting…Ah but worse, what if they wanted to meet you and you were not there to see your first born?” It would perhaps too sour of a jest, but there was a true fear laden in her words. She knew Saluce to be a wonderful, dependable mate that would go far beyond his limits. But she hoped they would not keep him too far from where he was needed; beside her through the days to come.

Butting a paw against his muzzle to move him back, the golden woman was finally able emerge from the den in all her messy grandeur. Wild bangs concealed her eyes as she roughly shook out her form tossing a tangled mess of auburn locks around in the wake. Her front then dropped to the ground in a stretch, pulling the kinks of sleep from her back before standing upright before her mate. Without reason other than she wanted to, she reared up on her back legs then dropped her forelimbs onto the broad shoulders of her mate, smiling as her tail fanned the morning air excitedly, glad to be out of the den.

ooc: 565 words.

[/html]
Their tender little moment was cherished in his heart, doting over her like the overbearing mate he was at times. He had his aggressive streaks, partially when someone got out of line or he was accused of something he didn’t do. But for now he was only worried about her, and her needs, his gentle touch upon her form reflecting his love for her. Saluce didn’t really understand why he felt the need to act this way just that it felt right to do so. He hoped beyond hope there would never be another time like just a short time ago when they had their first true test of their relationship. Her jealously had driven him mad, but in another way he supposed it was also a good thing to be wanted all to herself like he felt she belonged to him. Their mutual affection and possessiveness over each other was un-paralleled, each time she trekked out of the pack he wasn’t too far behind or not aware of where she was,

He backed up as she exited the den, allowing her the space to stretched, his eyes admiring her wild beauty, watching her locks splay across her. Saluce paced a bit in place before feeling her put her weight upon his already stressed shoulders. A smile crept across his lips, tongue snaking out to grace the tip of her nose.

“So my darling, are you saying you would rather me hunt at another time? Or slow down?” he asked with a smirk. Nayru hadn’t eaten a lot during her pregnancy, probably because she was as tiny as she was, but he had a sneaking suspicion his mate wouldn’t follow her example. Hence why he was stocking up.

“I’m stocking up, when it gets closer I won’t be gone as much so I can be home more,” he stated to her, tail wagging at their pleasant exchange.
[html]

His jests always brought a smile to her face, even if they weren’t as humorous as he may have intended them to be. But with certainty she knew it all to be stemmed from the mirthful spirit he tried to keep hidden from the prying eye, only letting her and those closest to them see the overgrown puppy he was. “Don’t make fun of me,” she whined pitifully, spreading her jaws to take his muzzle under a light bite. She kept her arms draped over his shoulders, attempting to press him down into a bow.

“I just want to see your face with I wake,” she explained with a low growl, keeping the muzzle within her grasp. She wouldn’t admit it allowed, but she found his sleeping face quite adorable when it wasn’t contorted by a nightmare. She enjoyed being able to tease his ears while he slept, and curl beneath him when touched by a chilling wind. But more than that, it were moments like these that she missed most of all with him. The simple pleasantries of his company, their actions invoked by what was felt in their hearts. There was no purpose or goal other than to be with the other and act as their feelings led them to.

Carefully she released his muzzle then rolled off his back to the ground with a playful groan. She knew she was being silly but enjoyed it none the less while reaching up with both paws to capture his face and smolder him with her affections. Her tail wagged merrily along with her puppyish antics brushing through loosened ice and snow tossing it every which way. “I should ask the ancestors to quicken the flow of time for us,” she woofed happily. “Then you would never leave our side… and I’d have you all to myself. Morning, noon, and night.”

ooc: 311 words.

[/html]
She was showering him with attention and he couldn’t say no to her. X’y was practically pawing all over him and he just sat there wagging his tail. With her had purpose, purpose meant he was relied upon and he was able to live life. He smirked at her attentions, getting a few licks in himself, the morning snow seemingly flying all over the place from their playful little exchange. But soon enough he grew tired of it enough to bound away, his body still pacing in place unable to really sit still.

“The sun still hasn’t quite come up yet, if we hurry I’d like to show you something.” Up in the mountains he had found a spot that allowed them to watch the morning sun to rise. In the winter you could see the rapidly freezing back that crossed along the northern part of their land, and on a good day you could see the island beyond the sea. He paced and then bounded off a few feet from here, ready to take off.

“So you up for it love? It’s not a long trip, and I’ve been wanting to get away from the den for a bit with you.” He spoke.
[html]

Their frolic was brought to a disappointing pause by the large male bounding away from her. Very in the mood to play, the golden wolf remained on the ground, rolling to her back with paws drawn toward her chest hoping her vulnerable belly would make for an enticing incentive to prolong their play. But once her mate’s mind was set to another course, there was little she could do to detour him from it even if it was something as simple as a game.

Her large form rolled onto its side with legs splayed idly from. With her muzzle near burden in snow she looked to her pacing mate, following his movements under a curious gaze. An ear perked in interest as he spoke of the leisurely rising sun encouraging her head to lift and take notice of it. She would have been content to see the birth of the day from the confines of the den, but as she witnessed the bounding steps of her mate, she saw that he would rather experience something other.

Rolling to her stomach she pushed herself to stand upon her umber limbs before abruptly shaking out the fresh snow that clung to her pelt. “Where would you take me?” Smiling the female bound toward her mate in generous leaps, closing the minimal distance in a matter of seconds. His confession broadened her knowing smile having had to endure the same anguish while she was held up in his den not a couple weeks prior before their return to their shared home. It wasn’t a merciless captivity, but she understood well the stagnation that began to fester after a prolonged stay with little other than routine to occupy ones time. She chuckled softly to herself already galloping forward to test his enthusiasm. Supposedly this would be his moment of freedom, she assumed, and was not only flattered, but joyful that he wished to spend it with her.

ooc: 323 words.

[/html]
He watched her, her cute body rolling in the snow. The soft undertones of her belly was indeed enticing, the urge to run over and mock bite her neck and take a tumble in the snow was great burden to overcome. Those soft features of her form that sunk hooks into him, even if he knew their deadly efficiency hidden just under the surface. No words he could think of could ever really describe her as she was, covered in snow, except awe inspiring. Saluce simply watched her as he paced, her silken form slinking by him.

His form burst forth, the moment she passed him, they wouldn’t have much time to beat the sunrise and for him to share the view with her. His form suddenly turned up a mountain path, almost doubling back as the trail lead them over the den, and up into the mountains. East ward they headed leading her through the snow covered mountains. Higher still until the air started to thin starting to sap some of his strength. It wasn’t much further to go before they would be descending again, up and over and down the trail over the mountain pass he went before his pace slowly came to a halt.

What stretched before them was a glorious sight, the sun was just about to skim across the sky, It’s flight in the dead of winter this far north was only for a few hours before it would recede back into the earth. Before them where the numerous hills eastward, their snow covered trees back dropped against splashes of grey from exposed rock. To the north the rapidly frozen sea could be see, the light bands of light reflecting off it, and beyond the hidden island. What he was waiting for was the moment the sun would first creep over the earth, when it’s rays would bounce off all the ice and snow and create a dazzling light show.
[html]

She trailed after her mate excitedly, taking the snow under lengthy bounds to keep up with his whimsically progressive stride. Whatever had him in such a pleasant mood was certainly worth her following, wanting nothing more than to accompany her beloved in whatever endeavor he had planned for them this day. Playful she whined while galloping after his retreating form, reaching out now and again to nip at his tail when it was in range of her muzzle.

From the soft mounds of the snow banks they ascended the base of their neighboring mountain leaving a trail of hastily upturned snow in their wake. Having scaled the face countless times, her footing was sure even atop of shifting flakes of new fallen snow. Her body flaunted its retained dexterity, taking each jutting rock with a rhythmic stretch and recoil of her large frame then sprang for another in a single breath. Her breathing was timed with the ascent of her paws, inhaling with each stretch toward another rock, then exhaling as her paws briefly came to settle on it.

And when at last they reached a plateau naturally carved along the mountain, she stood beside her beloved’s imposing form, smiling fondly as she shuffled closer to him bracing her shoulder against his before lowering her taxed body to the ground. Her muscle began to ache as they were forced out of atrophied but still she maintained a comfortable air. She inched closer and slip her head between his forelegs to peer out into the radiant expanse, using his front as a heavy blanket to stave off the cold. Before them stretched the endless white, delicately bathed in the glow of the rising sun. A soft sheen of blue remained on the ice, when as it was overwhelmed by brilliant orange. X’yrin looked at the spectacle in wonder, resting her head against a sturdy limb as she was enthralled by this natural beauty. “It’s wonderful,” she sighed softly, lifted her muzzle to kiss his chin.

ooc: 334 words.

[/html]
The snow covered landscape in the north was stunning, he had come across this on one of his morning hunts, and knew he had to show X’y. Sometimes stopping to see the great Creator’s work reminded him of just how small and insignificant he really was. How the objects that held fast to his mind, the problems that seemed to blow out of proportion where really nothing in the grand scheme of things. While he never broadcasted his faith, or spoke at all or any of it, the prayer beads that always hung around his neck where a reminder of how he was saved from the brutality that had taken over his soul.

He dipped his head to return her kiss, and playful nip, eyes bright and alive as he took in her beauty as well. Saluce was lucky, luckier than he probably should have ever been, he didn’t deserve her, didn’t deserve to have her affection, but he had it and he was grateful for the beauty he had been blessed with.

“I thank the great Creator every day when I see your sleeping form beside me.” He said with a smile, his eyes not leaving the vixen underneath him. Saluce never addressed his god as lord, or God, or Holy Spirit, since most of the more feral wolves he had met would accuse him of witch craft. But since they had been together he hadn’t spoken of him at all. His bible was safely kept away in a secret location, one of his more prized possessions.

“Did your pack ever speak of the Creator? Or of his son Jesus? And the tale of his great sacrifice? I come from across the ocean, in a world much more advanced I guess then here. My faith I believe is called Roman Catholicism. My prayer beads are a reflection of that.”
[html]

From the sun touched earth, her gaze lifted to her mate, smiling contently simply by his very presence. It never ceased to call her and bring about a sense of fulfillment each time she looked to him. Her heart would swell and flutter with every intake of his scent, the scent that mingled with her own out of love. Her tail swayed contently as he enveloped her in kisses drawing her attention momentarily away from the beauty of the rising sun to the handsome visage of her love.

Lowering to the ground, she rolled to her side to gently paw at his foreleg then rolled to her back beneath him, tucking her paws against her chest as she peered up at him. The mention of his Creator raised a curious ear as the address to his god was not familiar to her. The very mention of a god did little to stir her emotionally but peaked her interest to tilt both ears forward and hear of his religious ways. This was one of the few times he offered anything of his personal life, a rarity she didn’t intend to waste.

“We do not have a god,” she tipped her muzzle to grace his chin with her tongue. “We believe that our ancestors watch us and advise our movements in this life. Only when our heart’s truly need them, do they come to us in ways we cannot understand. For all I know my Ompre… you are a gift from my ancestors and the circumstances that brought us together were a part of their design.” She let her head lower then rest against his leg. Her happiness could not be contained within her heart and spilled onto her defined muzzle. “I was led to find you… to experience the love and happiness that was once lost to us. They knew of my plight… my heart’s desire, and called to you to heed it. And I sing to them every day in thanks for their blessing. I thank them every day that we found each other…”

ooc: 344 words.

[/html]
He listened to her, watching her restless body effortlessly move beneath him. While she would pause he’d sneak gentle kisses to her lips, tail wagging behind him. Her ways where so much different from his, and it seemed so farfetched to him to believe her beliefs when he had his own.

“Most of my religion refers to the Creator as God, he is like the great architech, he created all of this world and us. Where he created man in his image, I believe he created us as improvement upon them. Where the raped and killed the earth we were created to nurture it. Wolves had always been the guardian of Nature, so he created us with his image to care for his great earth. “ he paused a moment, looking out at the scene in front of him.

“This view reminds me of his great work, and reminds me to remember that nothing is beyond him. I think you are a reminder to me of the good I can be. His love saved me from the butchery I used to be capable of. You are a gift to me from him, as a reminder and a reward for my faith and a link to keep me faltering again.” He kissed her then, as best as he could without human lips, letting his lips touch hers while his tongue danced across her teeth.

He pulled back to continue. “No one here will ever know what I was called from that time. I will never let myself go back to that way of life again.” The brute, or behemoth or simply Saluce settled down, pleasantly sitting promptly on top of her. He chuckled as he did, before letting her slide out from under him, but he didn't let her go far, keeping his shoulders, and paws over her while his head rested on her shoulders. The sun was swiftly rising, and he was happy to be here with her, there wasn't another place he wanted to be.